PDA

View Full Version : To whoever decided to have only ONE....

Liverpooldawg
09-07-2019, 10:57 PM
Concession stand open for the entire upper west side, you should be fired and never be allowed to have gainful employment for the rest of your life. It was hot as hell and you either had to walk all the way down to ground level, which I did, or stand in line forever to get something to drink. I've sat up there a lot and I've never seen only one concession stand open. That wasn't the only thing. Today was the worst managed total game experience I have ever seen at MSU. I went to my first game back in the 70s. If it ever happens like this again, Cohen should be PROSECUTED for something. It goes without saying he should be fired. I'm normally not a complainer but dang it was freaking horrible. I'm embarrassed for MSU.

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2019, 11:01 PM
Same on east side. They finally opened up two windows on the other end. And what the hell with not having all the new concession items in the upper deck? Woman said that was only down stairs concessions. You're right, it was a Greek tragedy how things were run. Heaven help us had this been a big game with a packed stadium.

Coursesuper
09-07-2019, 11:04 PM
Concession stand open for the entire upper west side, you should be fired and never be allowed to have gainful employment for the rest of your life. It was hot as hell and you either had to walk all the way down to ground level, which I did, or stand in line forever to get something to drink. I've sat up there a lot and I've never seen only one concession stand open. That wasn't the only thing. Today was the worst managed total game experience I have ever seen at MSU. I went to my first game back in the 70s. If it ever happens like this again, Cohen should be PROSECUTED for something. It goes without saying he should be fired. I'm normally not a complainer but dang it was freaking horrible. I'm embarrassed for MSU.

Was this the 300's and the 200 and 100 sections?

Coursesuper
09-07-2019, 11:05 PM
edit double post.

Lord McBuckethead
09-07-2019, 11:08 PM
Look I don't care if its projected at only 20k in the stadium, you have every concession stand 17n open. It was 96 with a 106 heat index. There should be people handing out free waters in the stands. 17n amateur hour with that bullshit.

Lord McBuckethead
09-07-2019, 11:09 PM
Its not that GD hard.

Liverpooldawg
09-07-2019, 11:11 PM
Was this the 300's and the 200 and 100 sections?

300s. Again, I've sat up there a lot, and they have always all been open. Whoever decided that ain't qualified to be a game manager at a Pop Warner game in Sturgis. That was FAR from all of it. The total game management process was bungled. We are basically begging for people to come to games and they basically did everything they could to keep people from ever coming back. Had today been my first one, I would never set foot in the place again.

Todd4State
09-07-2019, 11:13 PM
We have the same issues with transportation with the shuttles and traffic flow in game one every year. It's like the guys from Men in Black show up at our AD office at the end of the year and make all of our event people stare into the thing with the light.

BulldogBear
09-07-2019, 11:14 PM
There were numerous heat related incidents on the west side

Coursesuper
09-07-2019, 11:17 PM
300s. Again, I've sat up there a lot, and they have always all been open. Whoever decided that ain't qualified to be a game manager at a Pop Warner game in Sturgis. That was FAR from all of it. The total game management process was bungled. We are basically begging for people to come to games and they basically did everything they could to keep people from ever coming back. Had today been my first one, I would never set foot in the place again.

That's completely unacceptable, glad I had to work if that's the case.

Liverpooldawg
09-07-2019, 11:17 PM
We even had a security guy that tried to stop us from leaving at the end of the game. He said y'all are going to have to wait a bit. There was literally NOBODY on the ramp ahead of us, NOBODY. What in the heck happened? Today was amateur hour. Whoever was responsible for the "new" game experience is complete and total idiot and should be fired. If they can find something to prosecute them far then I'm all for it.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2019, 11:25 PM
The concessions aren't on the school. They're run by an outside company & a few of the concessions the workers just didn't show up.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2019, 11:27 PM
Look I don't care if its projected at only 20k in the stadium, you have every concession stand 17n open. It was 96 with a 106 heat index. There should be people handing out free waters in the stands. 17n amateur hour with that bullshit.

They were passing out water in the 200's.

Liverpooldawg
09-07-2019, 11:31 PM
The concessions aren't on the school. They're run by an outside company & a few of the concessions the workers just didn't show up.

It's on the school. We hired the dang company. Whoever hired them should be fired. The company should be fired as well, today was a disaster.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2019, 11:32 PM
It's on the school. We hired the dang company. Whoever hired them should be fired. The company should be fired as well, today was a disaster.

Ok

mstatefan91
09-07-2019, 11:34 PM

Absolutely correct. I work for a company that outsources quite a bit of work, but we are still ultimately responsible for the end result. If that outsourced company has to be replaced then it is on us.. We made the decision to hire the outside company.. doesn't meet standards? Bye

Liverpooldawg
09-07-2019, 11:34 PM

And people were passing out in the 300s. Where does the buck stop? Fire whoever it stops with. The 300s are where a lot of first time people wind up. I guarantee you no first timer up there today will ever be back.

mstatefan91
09-07-2019, 11:36 PM

Then replace them with reliable workers? Are we driving the costs down on concessions by using volunteers? That would explain part of the problem today.

Goldendawg
09-07-2019, 11:45 PM

I agree 100%. My son and I finally sat in Section 102 with some friends who had extra tickets. First, the gate they usually enter was media only. I got a hot dog from that only concession stand open early in the 1st quarter, (only entree they had) and they were already out of both mustard and relish. Stood in line at the "entrance" by the junction for 20 minutes. Not only was one of the walk thru metal detectors not staffed, after walking thru, had to stop again and have a wand waved over body and legs. What if 60 K had shown up instead of what, 45K? Plan to call the Bulldog Club Mon. This was pitiful and Hailstate said things would be so much better. A joke!

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2019, 11:46 PM

Had one guy on east side near me pass out and they were doing CPR for a good 15 minutes in the stands before getting him out. Not sure how he ended up.

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2019, 11:48 PM

Why just there? It was Satan's nutsack hot in the 300's. Guess club level paid enough money for them to worry about.

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2019, 11:51 PM
I agree 100%. My son and I finally sat in Section 102 with some friends who had extra tickets. First, the gate they usually enter was media only. I got a hot dog from that only concession stand open early in the 1st quarter, (only entree they had) and they were already out of both mustard and relish. Stood in line at the "entrance" by the junction for 20 minutes. Not only was one of the walk thru metal detectors not staffed, after walking thru, had to stop again and have a wand waved over body and legs. What if 60 K had shown up instead of what, 45K? Plan to call the Bulldog Club Mon. This was pitiful and Hailstate said things would be so much better. A joke!

My son had a little fan that was attached to a container of water to act like a mister. They weren't going to let him take it in the stadium. They got my biggest WTF look I could muster and the guy just said let him in it's too hot to worry about. Probably won't try to bring it next week assuming he goes. Early forecast is for next Saturday to be potentially as hot.

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2019, 12:04 AM
The bottom line is the much vaunted enhanced gameday experience was a total lie and failure. Whoever launched it should be summarily dismissed. Today was THE worst game day experience I have ever had. My first game was in 1973.

Goldendawg
09-08-2019, 12:10 AM
My son had a little fan that was attached to a container of water to act like a mister. They weren't going to let him take it in the stadium. They got my biggest WTF look I could muster and the guy just said let him in it's too hot to worry about. Probably won't try to bring it next week assuming he goes. Early forecast is for next Saturday to be potentially as hot.

I saw several people around us with small battery powered fans around their necks. Surprised they weren't confiscated as a possible terrorist devises. Guess they were brought in like "Banned Cowbells" back in the day.

Goldendawg
09-08-2019, 12:14 AM
The bottom line is the much vaunted enhanced gameday experience was a total lie and failure. Wy, hoever launched it should be summarily dismissed. Today was THE worst game day experience I have ever had. My first game was in 1973.

My first game was 1963 in Memphis, followed by the Egg Bowl, I think and I was 8 years old. End Zone was fenced in with no way to go to the stands. Dad paid a guy to go get us hot dogs and coffee, as we were freezing. For what it costs today, things were a joke!

Howboutdemdogs
09-08-2019, 05:28 AM
I stood in line for 15 minutes just to find out that the debit card machine didn?t work. Had to change lines. Had wait another 15 minutes in another line. Just to be greeted with a shitty attitude from a worker. It doesn?t cost anything to smile and say hello. Never saw anyone selling drinks in the stadium either. Piss poor performance!

MafiaDawg
09-08-2019, 06:08 AM
I can not for the life of me figure out why they do not request more metal detectors. We waited over 30 mins in line to get in for USM. Can not imagine how bad it will be for LSU. Mind boggling.

I enjoy coming to the games but between the lines and no alcohol they are making it harder.

Spiderman
09-08-2019, 06:48 AM

I sit in the chairbacks west side. There used to be more options there. Kiosk style vendors,there were none yesterday. And there were no aisle vendors at all.

Spiderman
09-08-2019, 06:55 AM
I can not for the life of me figure out why they do not request more metal detectors. We waited over 30 mins in line to get in for USM. Can not imagine how bad it will be for LSU. Mind boggling.

I enjoy coming to the games but between the lines and no alcohol they are making it harder.

I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY they have ANY metal detectors. It's a joke for a false sense of security. Here is a kicker, a family member went through with a concealed pistol they forgot they were carrying at a basketball game last year at the Hump.

Didn''t detect it.

Maroonthirteen
09-08-2019, 07:04 AM
I was in the 300s. I can confirm concessions was half staffed. And why? Most everyone there was hanging
Out in the east concourse to soak up that AC. They missed some sales with that half ass effort.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-08-2019, 07:08 AM

They are 100% on Cohen and Keenum..... I have never understood why MSU contracts out all of its food services... MSU could make a ton of money....

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2019, 07:14 AM

And they complain about attendance in an inadequate stadium

MafiaDawg
09-08-2019, 07:20 AM
Well we have to have the metal detectors so we may as well do it right and get a crap ton of them.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-08-2019, 07:33 AM

It might not be our fault, but it is damn sure our responsibility. The outside company works for us, so Keenum and Cohen better get it fixed. That's the way business works. As the boss at my office, lots of mistake are made by my contractors and employees that are not my fault. But every one of those mistakes is ultimately my responsibility. To shrug my shoulders and let it continue would be insubordination on my part.

Captain Falcon
09-08-2019, 07:49 AM
East side concourse was very frustrating. No TVs on at all to show our game or any other game, which was a huge oversight considering how many people were taking shelter from the sun and/or in line for concessions and water. Also, they had one of the ladies’ restrooms shut down entirely and had it roped off with a big tacky piece of duct tape. What was that about?

IMissJack
09-08-2019, 07:56 AM

Yep really bad decisions. Cohen is not the marketer Byrne/Stricklin were IMO. I was not there, but that sounds pretty bad.

confucius say
09-08-2019, 08:17 AM

Yep. Jared Benko personally gave us some.

That said, we are in 202 right in front of the only concession stand that was open. Line was crazy long all day. It was unacceptable. The fact that a third party vendor runs the concessions is no excuse. Somebody with the school has to be on top of that. Should be liquidated damages assessed against the vendor.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Had one guy on east side near me pass out and they were doing CPR for a good 15 minutes in the stands before getting him out. Not sure how he ended up.

Sec 338? Heard a lady yelling at security before halftime and it took them several minutes to come over.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-08-2019, 10:58 AM
But, but you're not a true fan if you allow such small inconveniences to stop you from attending a game in early September! **

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2019, 11:03 AM
Sec 338? Heard a lady yelling at security before halftime and it took them several minutes to come over.

Yes. That was it.

Quaoarsking
09-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Security, at least in my line, was pretty lackadaisical in general. The metal detector I went through was actually broken, so they were [slowly] wanding everyone.

Maroonthirteen
09-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Security, at least in my line, was pretty lackadaisical in general. The metal detector I went through was actually broken, so they were [slowly] wanding everyone.

I can’t imagine the challenge of hiring competent hard working people to work security in the GTR. Has to be an absolute pain.

BulldogBear
09-08-2019, 04:13 PM
I think this week's experience will keep a lot of people away next week. I hadn't been to a daytime September game in years and got quite a system shock. We had the little fans around our neck. We gave one of ours to a guy whose wife/girlfriend/companion was having a hard time.

Mjoelner34
09-08-2019, 04:21 PM
I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY they have ANY metal detectors. It's a joke for a false sense of security. Here is a kicker, a family member went through with a concealed pistol they forgot they were carrying at a basketball game last year at the Hump.

Didn''t detect it.

Agree. Zero metal detectors when loading lockers in the club levels on Fridays. I guess they don't think club level people could ever snap.

RocketDawg
09-08-2019, 04:35 PM

I guess they're following the Walmart business model ... have 60 registers and only have 1 open.

RocketDawg
09-08-2019, 04:39 PM

About the only way to rectify that is to build a dome, and that ain't happening.

I noticed the east side club level, as well as the one in the north end zone, were virtually empty. I suppose they were all inside where it was cool. That's where I'd be if I still bought season tickets.

RocketDawg
09-08-2019, 04:41 PM
We even had a security guy that tried to stop us from leaving at the end of the game. He said y'all are going to have to wait a bit. There was literally NOBODY on the ramp ahead of us, NOBODY. What in the heck happened? Today was amateur hour. Whoever was responsible for the "new" game experience is complete and total idiot and should be fired. If they can find something to prosecute them far then I'm all for it.

Apparently no training at all. Did you find out what the issue was, if any?

RocketDawg
09-08-2019, 04:46 PM
Why just there? It was Satan's nutsack hot in the 300's. Guess club level paid enough money for them to worry about.

200s isn't club level. Not sure what it's called now, but it used to be the quarterdeck.

RocketDawg
09-08-2019, 04:52 PM
I sit in the chairbacks west side. There used to be more options there. Kiosk style vendors,there were none yesterday. And there were no aisle vendors at all.

Sounds like the new lower priced concessions isn't working out so well. The vendors are cutting corners.

mstatefan91
09-08-2019, 05:22 PM
Cohen just released a brief statement on twitter.

https://twitter.com/JohnCohenAD/status/1170822298695348226

viverlibre
09-08-2019, 08:28 PM

A lady in 310 had a heat related issue, but security was Johnny on the spot and got her down to the concourse.

Maridian Dawg
09-08-2019, 08:36 PM
The 200 level also smelled like absolute shit yesterday. Apparently it was bats?? Where's the exterminator?

confucius say
09-08-2019, 09:12 PM
The 200 level also smelled like absolute shit yesterday. Apparently it was bats?? Where's the exterminator?

My wife said the same thing!!! She said it smelled like a urinal though!

Maridian Dawg
09-08-2019, 10:12 PM
My wife said the same thing!!! She said it smelled like a urinal though!

I don't know, but there's no excuse for the whole level smelling like that.

Todd4State
09-08-2019, 10:17 PM

Adidas bats?**

We had to put them somewhere after 2015.

Maridian Dawg
09-09-2019, 08:32 AM
Adidas bats?**

We had to put them somewhere after 2015.

+1

shannondawg
09-09-2019, 08:42 AM
Don't blame Cohen, its on Aramark this time, if it happens again then blame Cohen.