PDA

View Full Version : Worst hire, Willie Taggart or Jeremy Pruitt? Both will be putting "for sale" signs

Saltydog
09-07-2019, 09:46 PM
in their yards in the very near future.

BayouDawg
09-07-2019, 09:50 PM
At least with Pruitt there was no evidence he was a bad coach before they hired him. Willie was below average at Oregon

msstate7
09-07-2019, 09:51 PM
If things go how they look now, I say taggart. The reason being FSU is set up to win big almost every year.

RougeDawg
09-07-2019, 09:53 PM
If things go how they look now, I say taggart. The reason being FSU is set up to win big almost every year.

Taggart went into a 48 alarm dumpster fire with a bucket of water, wearing flip flops and a wife beater. He was set up to fail from minute one.

BrunswickDawg
09-07-2019, 10:25 PM
Morris at UPig may be worse than either - but they will give him time.

Saltydog
09-07-2019, 10:28 PM
I hope they do give him time because I agree w/you. He's horrible and they are talentless.

RougeDawg
09-07-2019, 10:28 PM
Morris at UPig may be worse than either - but they will give him time.

Worst thing to ever happen to Arkansas was SEC adding A&M and Mizzou. Adding those two took away Arkansas advantage in that recruiting region of selling playing in the SEC. Arkansas decline can be marked to when the SEC expanded.

Bothrops
09-07-2019, 10:43 PM
Arkansas was lucky to ever win big in the SEC. A remote school in the SEC west that's located on the edge of the Big 12 orbit isn't a good spot for them.

Lord McBuckethead
09-07-2019, 10:46 PM
Worst thing to ever happen to Arkansas was SEC adding A&M and Mizzou. Adding those two took away Arkansas advantage in that recruiting region of selling playing in the SEC. Arkansas decline can be marked to when the SEC expanded.

That is an interesting take, and I agree. It really sucks to be surrounded by better teams. Its alot like our footprint now. If only they had two other SEC schools within a 100 mile radius.

Liverpooldawg
09-07-2019, 11:40 PM
That is an interesting take, and I agree. It really sucks to be surrounded by better teams. Its alot like our footprint now. If only they had two other SEC schools within a 100 mile radius.

I agree as well.

99jc
09-08-2019, 06:39 AM
I agree as well.

Actually the fall of the Arkansas empire started with a motorcycle and a horny coach. If Patrinos dick had not got in his way the Hogs would be a force to reckon with. 2 horrible coaching hires have doomed them for a few more years.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-08-2019, 07:37 AM
Actually the fall of the Arkansas empire started with a motorcycle and a horny coach. If Patrinos dick had not got in his way the Hogs would be a force to reckon with. 2 horrible coaching hires have doomed them for a few more years.

If this was Facebook, Andy Cannizzaro and Hugh Freeze would like this post.

WPS
09-08-2019, 11:03 AM

That definitely didn?t help, but I?m not sure Petrino could have sustained the 10-11 win seasons regardless with his lack of recruiting. Still would probably be better than we are now.

I agree that A&M joining the SEC was bad for Arkansas but not sure Missouri joining changed much since Arkansas recruits better on paper than Missouri nearly every year anyway, haven?t been able to beat them on the field much though. But that would be true if they were still in the Big 12.

dawgs
09-08-2019, 12:21 PM

Jury is still out on Morris imo. He took over a shit show.

dawgs
09-08-2019, 12:23 PM
At least with Pruitt there was no evidence he was a bad coach before they hired him. Willie was below average at Oregon

Taggart wasn't at Oregon long enough to know if he was "below average" and he did improve from the season prior to his arrival despite losing Herbert for half the season.