PDA

View Full Version : I see no team in the SEC on our schedule that worries me

Coach007
09-07-2019, 07:31 PM
LSU?. Texas is able to move the ball...

Auburn... get out of here with the NIX is the best thing since sliced BREAD! Our TRUEFRESHMAN is Better than him.

UK... NOPE.

Ark? LMAO!!!

Ole Miss??? Really?

TAMU... same ole same ole.

UT.... Please.

BAMA..... They are Bama.

chef dixon
09-07-2019, 07:33 PM
Love it Coach

msstate7
09-07-2019, 07:37 PM

Auburn... get out of here with the NIX is the best thing since sliced BREAD! Our TRUEFRESHMAN is Better than him.

UK... NOPE.

Ark? LMAO!!!

Ole Miss??? Really?

UT.... Please.

BAMA..... They are Bama.

Cool. You say 11-1 and I say not. If we go 11-1, I have to donate $1000 to the board to ever post again. If we go less than 11-1, you have to donate $500 to the board to ever post again. Let's see if you really believe this stuff

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-07-2019, 07:42 PM
I like optimism, but if you look at LSU and see a team we should beat you're delusional or blind. Texas has a better DL than us and LSU is blocking them ok. Texas has a faster secondary than we do. Burrow is a better passer and decision maker than we'll have faced all year and his WR's are big and able to go get it. Offensively we might be able to move the ball, but it's Aranda and they're pretty talented all round so we aren't scoring 30+.

We have a better QB, OL, punter, and RB. They have a better everything else and their D knows their assignments and how to tackle better than ours.

If you really believe what you're saying then call 7 on his bet

TUSK
09-07-2019, 07:45 PM
Cool. You say 11-1 and I say not. If we go 11-1, I have to donate $1000 to the board to ever post again. If we go less than 11-1, you have to donate $500 to the board to ever post again. Let's see if you really believe this stuff

https://media.giphy.com/media/DfbpTbQ9TvSX6/giphy.gif

Coursesuper
09-07-2019, 07:47 PM
My goodness.

Saltydog
09-07-2019, 07:54 PM
Our D definitely played better but Southern moved the ball on us. Luckily we got some to's but they put up around 350 yards on our D. Good Lord, you're the ultimate homer. Well, you and "dantheman".

Bothrops
09-07-2019, 07:56 PM
LSU will beat us 52-17. We won't be able to stop Kansas St. let alone LSU.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 07:58 PM

I'll up it. But it doesn't go to the board. It goes to the bulldog club. I'll go 2k. He goes 500. I'll never post again. But if he loses he can post. I like differing opinions, no matter how off the wall.

DeviousDawg
09-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Unless something changes, our soft defense will keep us from competing at the highest level. Realistically I’d say we have a 30% chance at going 7-5, 50% chance at going 8-4 and 20% chance of going 9-3. Anything above or below that range is just simply unrealistic.

Coach007
09-07-2019, 08:29 PM

I don't gamble.

Coach007
09-07-2019, 08:30 PM
I like optimism, but if you look at LSU and see a team we should beat you're delusional or blind. Texas has a better DL than us and LSU is blocking them ok. Texas has a faster secondary than we do. Burrow is a better passer and decision maker than we'll have faced all year and his WR's are big and able to go get it. Offensively we might be able to move the ball, but it's Aranda and they're pretty talented all round so we aren't scoring 30+.

We have a better QB, OL, punter, and RB. They have a better everything else and their D knows their assignments and how to tackle better than ours.

If you really believe what you're saying then call 7 on his bet

I see a defense that's getting beat and a Texas team that can not run like MS ST. I see a wide open TD drop.

Again... Not worried

msstate7
09-07-2019, 08:31 PM
I don't gamble.

Probably a good decision. Roll on dream weaver lol

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 08:33 PM
I don't gamble.

Liar. So if I said I bet you we lose the rest of our games for a million and if you lose you only owe 100k you wouldn't take it?
No. What you mean is, you don't take bets that you can't win. Wise man

Coach007
09-07-2019, 08:33 PM
Probably a good decision. Roll on dream weaver lol

I will!

msstate7
09-07-2019, 08:34 PM
Liar. So if I said I bet you we lose the rest of our games for a million and if you lose you only owe 100k you wouldn't take it?

Oh, and I forgot... he offered c34 a bet last night. Coach007 just selling dreams he don't even believe

Coach007
09-07-2019, 08:35 PM

Liar??? LMAO! Ok internet hero!

I don't gamble period. But carry on.

TUSK
09-07-2019, 08:36 PM

This....

Coach007
09-07-2019, 08:38 PM
Oh, and I forgot... he offered c34 a bet last night. Coach007 just selling dreams he don't even believe

Really? I did?

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 08:41 PM
Liar??? LMAO! Ok internet hero!

I don't gamble period. But carry on.

You don't gamble for money or w your mouth? Either. Way your internet hero crap is comical. Sorry I don't have your rose colored glasses. Your tales are so ridiculous it's hard to believe others agree w you. Carry on w you flag holding sir. Or ma'am.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 08:43 PM
This....

Can't give you more rep. But any idiot knows he's full of shit.

msstate7
09-07-2019, 08:45 PM
Really? I did?

I apologize. I thought you offered him a week ban bet. You didn't though... just said you'd stay away a week

Coach007
09-07-2019, 08:48 PM
You don't gamble for money or w your mouth? Either. Way your internet hero crap is comical. Sorry I don't have your rose colored glasses. Your tales are so ridiculous it's hard to believe others agree w you. Carry on w you flag holding sir. Or ma'am.

Why are you so angry that we don't suck?

Coach007
09-07-2019, 08:49 PM
I apologize. I thought you offered him a week ban bet. You didn't though... just said you'd stay away a week

In my own thread and NOT a bet.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 09:00 PM
Why are you so angry that we don't suck?

Look dip shit, I don't know how to explain this anymore clearly but here goes, I want us to win in EVERY sport!! Every one. Tennis, golf etc. I'm way more entrenched To this university than a check or a degree than 98% of this board, so please save your sermon. I don't share your optimism because it's not real. It's stupid. But thanks for being a contributor to the board

Coach007
09-07-2019, 09:08 PM
Look dip shit,

LOL! Angry....

I'm way more entrenched To this university than a check or a degree than 98% of this board, so please save your sermon.

And? That has what to do with anything?

I don't share your optimism because it's not real.

You exhibit no optimism at all. And here is the thing, I don't care if you do or don't but don't come into a thread and start attacking people for BS reasons or because you can't handle it. I don't give a damn about the money you give. It entitles you to nothing over me.

Coursesuper
09-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Look dip shit, I don't know how to explain this anymore clearly but here goes, I want us to win in EVERY sport!! Every one. Tennis, golf etc. I'm way more entrenched To this university than a check or a degree than 98% of this board, so please save your sermon. I don't share your optimism because it's not real. It's stupid. But thanks for being a contributor to the board

Here Here! Well said, inane post after inane post that are in no way are based in any form of fact then its attack with the you're a negative poster routine. It's pathetic.

Cooterpoot
09-07-2019, 09:10 PM
We already knew you were a fool.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 09:12 PM
LOL! Angry....

You exhibit no optimism at all. And here is the thing, I don't care if you do or don't but don't come into a thread and start attacking people for BS reasons or because you can't handle it. I don't give a damn about the money you give. It entitles you to nothing over me.
Where did I say a word about money I give ?? You suck at reading comp. but you believe there is a purple unicorn so carry on.

Coach007
09-07-2019, 09:14 PM
Where did I say a word about money I give ?? You suck at reading comp. but you believe there is a purple unicorn so carry on.

Again, You can attack me all day long. I don't really care. But you seem angry over nothing. But continue doing you.

So once again.... There is no SEC team on our schedule, save Bama, that worries me nor is not winnable.

chef dixon
09-07-2019, 09:19 PM
You guys have been complete polar opposites in delusion with how good and how shitty we are

dantheman4248
09-07-2019, 09:22 PM
I don’t understand the mentality of wanting to bet against the team you root for solely to prove a point to a poster that he is wrong.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 09:22 PM
LOL! Angry....

As for attacking you , I didn't. I offered you a chance to shut me up forever AND give the bed club 2k bucks. That's an attack? The rest I said is true. You might say you don't gamble. But that's bs.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 09:24 PM
You guys have been complete polar opposites in delusion with how good and how shitty we are

Clearly you and this dude haven't read what I've said over and over. We should go 8-4. Will we?? I don't know. But beyond that is nothing more than a huge huge hope.

msstate7
09-07-2019, 09:25 PM
I don’t understand the mentality of wanting to bet against the team you root for solely to prove a point to a poster that he is wrong.

The point is to prove coach007 doesn't even believe this nonsense he's posting. There's optimism and there's sheer nonsense. 11-1 is nonsense

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 09:26 PM

I tried to give MY university 2k if I lose. I want to lose!! But I'll offer you the same bet. Except you have to be banned too.

BeardoMSU
09-07-2019, 09:29 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3ohs7KViF6rA4aan5u/giphy.gif

TUSK
09-07-2019, 09:36 PM
This thread is full of "win"... I'm proud to have been a part of it.

Saltydog
09-07-2019, 09:37 PM
You do know dantheman predicted we'd go 11-1 as well? He's got us losing to Bama and that's it.

chef dixon
09-07-2019, 09:41 PM
Clearly you and this dude haven't read what I've said over and over. We should go 8-4. Will we?? I don't know. But beyond that is nothing more than a huge huge hope.

Dude you've been there to shit on any positivity for some time now. It is what it is

dantheman4248
09-07-2019, 09:44 PM
The point is to prove coach007 doesn't even believe this nonsense he's posting. There's optimism and there's sheer nonsense. 11-1 is nonsense

It’s really not. There is 11 winnable games on the schedule for sure. Your FPI metric even said that to begin with. I personally think this offense carries a lot farther than people realize barring Tommy being out a long time. That kid is legit and has passed the eye test as a passer / qb imo.

But If your “point” is to silence a guy who’s optimistic about our team, I don’t really agree with it. It’s a state board. Homers are gonna homer. Why try to burst a bubble of some guy happy about our team? It only leads to two paths for you. You look like a negative nancy even if you’re right OR you look like a dumbass if you’re wrong. Lose-lose to act that way here.

dantheman4248
09-07-2019, 09:45 PM
You do know dantheman predicted we'd go 11-1 as well? He's got us losing to Bama and that's it.

I predicted us to lose to Texas A&M actually.

And in that thread I strategically did a prediction to maximize my chance of winning / being unique.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 09:46 PM
It?s really not. There is 11 winnable games on the schedule for sure. Your FPI metric even said that to begin with. I personally think this offense carries a lot farther than people realize barring Tommy being out a long time. That kid is legit and has passed the eye test as a passer / qb imo.

But If your ?point? is to silence a guy who?s optimistic about our team, I don?t really agree with it. It?s a state board. Homers are gonna homer. Why try to burst a bubble of some guy happy about our team? It only leads to two paths for you. You look like a negative nancy even if you?re right OR you look like a dumbass if you?re wrong. Lose-lose to act that way here.

Oh so If I'm realistic and don't believe in a purple unicorn I should shut up?? Ok. Gotcha. I'll be quiet then
And if you think we can win 11 games, a purple unicorn does exist...

BeardoMSU
09-07-2019, 09:46 PM
This thread is full of "win"... I'm proud to have been a part of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drqFOpwTsBk

Coach007
09-07-2019, 09:47 PM

But you aren't proving anything. At the beginning of the season, You (if I remember correctly)and many more here stated that Auburn is a loss and the Nix was the man. I look at Auburn and see it for what it is. I defense that we can run and throw on. A QB that is not as good as our truefreshman.

UT was a HUGE ??? Really? No it's not.

Who else do you want to talk about? UK... The team that allowed Toledo 181 on the ground? Maybe Ark? Ole Miss? TAMU? WHO.

I don't see a defense outside of Bama, I don't see a defense that can stop our offense enough. WE have still not opened that Offense up either because we have not had to.

Coach007
09-07-2019, 09:49 PM
As for attacking you , I didn't. I offered you a chance to shut me up forever AND give the bed club 2k bucks. That's an attack? The rest I said is true. You might say you don't gamble. But that's bs.

Oh, but you did. Again... you just sound angry and it's over what? Somebody that disagrees with your out look on our team. What a waste of time!

Coach007
09-07-2019, 09:51 PM
Dude you've been there to shit on any positivity for some time now. It is what it is

And he get's pissed at people that doesn't play his tune. He feels the need to lash out.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 09:53 PM
Oh, but you did. Again... you just sound angry and it's over what? Somebody that disagrees with your out look on our team. What a waste of time!
I attacked you? Really? If not agreeing w you is attacking, then EXCUSE me. And please stop w this anger angle. Either you are 12 years old, or you get your feelings hurt real easily. Either way, sorry I don't agree w your absurd predictions, Miss sunshine
And clearly you disagree w mine and are upset, so suck it up.

Maroonthirteen
09-07-2019, 09:53 PM
I?m not so much worried about the other teams as much as I am worried about STATE.

WILL Stevens be back? If not, can KT rebound and led a team after quitting? Or is Schrader QB2? If Schrader is, can he get up to speed fast enough to see the complicated blitz packages that are about to be hurled at him?

The front 7 of our defense hasn?t dominated the LOS at all vs ULL or USM. The writing is on the wall. Our best defense will be a lot of offense.

With Stevens, we can get to 7-8 wins. Without Stevens, I don?t
Know

Coach007
09-07-2019, 09:54 PM
Oh so If I'm realistic and don't believe in a purple unicorn I should shut up?? Ok. Gotcha. I'll be quiet then

Who said you should shut up? Not one person. So why are you trying to shut other people up that doesn't agree with your outlook?

msstate7
09-07-2019, 09:55 PM
But you aren't proving anything. At the beginning of the season, You (if I remember correctly)and many more here stated that Auburn is a loss and the Nix was the man. I look at Auburn and see it for what it is. I defense that we can run and throw on. A QB that is not as good as our truefreshman.

UT was a HUGE ??? Really? No it's not.

Who else do you want to talk about? UK... The team that allowed Toledo 181 on the ground? Maybe Ark? Ole Miss? TAMU? WHO.

I don't see a defense outside of Bama, I don't see a defense that can stop our offense enough. WE have still not opened that Offense up either because we have not had to.

Please find where I said bo nix is the man. I've always stated I thought he'd be a good one, and I still do. What if I told you players aren't a finished product 2 games into their careers? Wild thought, I know

RougeDawg
09-07-2019, 09:58 PM
I?m not so much worried about the other teams as much as I am worried about STATE.

WILL Stevens be back? If not, can KT rebound and led a team after quitting? Or is Schrader QB2? If Schrader is, can he get up to speed fast enough to see the complicated blitz packages that are about to be hurled at him?

The front 7 of our defense hasn?t dominated the LOS at all vs ULL or USM. The writing is on the wall. Our best defense will be a lot of offense.

Know

Schrader is better than KT. We will be fine.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 09:58 PM

Know

Unless we have another injury at qb, kt won't play for us again in a significant way.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 10:01 PM
Who said you should shut up? Not one person. So why are you trying to shut other people up that doesn't agree with your outlook?

I'm not trying to shut you up... it's the other way around. If anyone speaks otherwise than sunshine pumping in your threads it's oh we hate the program etc etc. my outlook will be closer to correct and you can have another bout of it next year.

Coach007
09-07-2019, 10:09 PM
I attacked you? Really? If not agreeing w you is attacking, then EXCUSE me. And please stop w this anger angle. Either you are 12 years old, or you get your feelings hurt real easily. Either way, sorry I don't agree w your absurd predictions, Miss sunshine
And clearly you disagree w mine and are upset, so suck it up.

Yeah. You did. Calling somebody a dip shit is an attack. But I don't care. I'm not thin skinned. But don't expect me to just shut up and run. You have not seen me get personal with you.

I will state it again. There is only one team that I see that can possible shut down our offense... BAMA.

dantheman4248
09-07-2019, 10:10 PM
I'm not trying to shut you up... it's the other way around. If anyone speaks otherwise than sunshine pumping in your threads it's oh we hate the program etc etc. my outlook will be closer to correct and you can have another bout of it next year.

You come in here offering bets and talk of people banning themselves from posting and somehow flip script to it being you’re not the one wanting to silence people.

I’m not silencing you; I don’t understand why you want to bet against our team and silence those who are “too optimistic”.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 10:16 PM
You come in here offering bets and talk of people banning themselves from posting and somehow flip script to it being you’re not the one wanting to silence people.

I’m not silencing you; I don’t understand why you want to bet against our team and silence those who are “too optimistic”.

Ok again reading comp isn't your strength, I get it, but if you will go back and try again, I didn't offer the intial bet. 7 did. Also, I said I didn't want you to be banned from posting if you lost. I said I would!!! Hell man, or woman , you are something. I don't want us to lose. Just because I don't think your view, which will be proven to be wrong and idiotic, doesn't mean I want us to lose. Otherwise, why would I be here??? To prove you are wrong? No. That will be easy enough.

Maroonthirteen
09-07-2019, 10:19 PM
Unless we have another injury at qb, kt won't play for us again in a significant way.

Appreciate the info. Well, Schrader looked good for a true freshman. Still a ways to go, but promising.

Coach007
09-07-2019, 10:19 PM
Please find where I said bo nix is the man. I've always stated I thought he'd be a good one, and I still do. What if I told you players aren't a finished product 2 games into their careers? Wild thought, I know

Nor are teams. Or Defenses... Right? Or does that rule only apply to other teams?

But I do know that OUR True freshman is way better on day one.

So again, Which SEC team outside of Bama has the ability to stop this offense based on the current knowledge. It damn sure ain't Auburn. Nix barely threw for 50% against Tulane and their back could get 100 yards. BTW.. Our True Freshman was way better than Nix

gravedigger
09-08-2019, 09:05 AM

The moment the whole thread went wrong. He didnt say11-1. Its not just your negativity. It is that you cant interpret a simple post.

So what if he isnt worried by every other team? So what if you are?

QuadrupleOption
09-08-2019, 11:14 AM
The moment the whole thread went wrong. He didnt say11-1. Its not just your negativity. It is that you cant interpret a simple post.

So what if he isnt worried by every other team? So what if you are?

^^^^ THIS. Coach007 NEVER SAID we were going 11-1 in this thread. He may have posted something to that effect earlier this summer, I don't know.

All he said was that outside of Bama that wasn't a team on our schedule that could shut us down. And you know what? I agree with him. We may not win those games but I think we have a decent shot in all of them.

Homedawg, you're being a jerk. You may not think you are, but you are. You don't have to agree but you're accusing people of being overly emotional while name-calling, playing the victim, accusing others of misreading your posts when you have demonstrated a distinct lack of the ability to read for content yourself, and ending a ton of your sentences with repeating punctuation. It makes you come off as someone who wants our team to fail and can't stand the thought of anyone actually having hope and confidence that we might actually be pretty good.

Do better.

biggun
09-08-2019, 11:33 AM

UK... NOPE.

Ark? LMAO!!!

Ole Miss??? Really?

UT.... Please.

BAMA..... They are Bama.

I will take some of what you are smoking. LSU will put 50 + points on our D, prob more. Same for Bama. Auburn and A&M on the road, COME ON MAN

Coach007
09-08-2019, 11:49 AM
I will take some of what you are smoking. LSU will put 50 + points on our D, prob more. Same for Bama. Auburn and A&M on the road, COME ON MAN

They may, But I want to point out that Tx replaced 8 starters on that defense this year. I would also point out that TX should have won the game and they lack a rushing attack.

biggun
09-08-2019, 12:02 PM
They may, But I want to point out that Tx replaced 8 starters on that defense this year. I would also point out that TX should have won the game and they lack a rushing attack.

LSU was clearly the better team last night, they finished with 573 total yards, on the road. Joe Burrow and his 3 NFL WR’s are the real deal.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 12:10 PM
LSU was clearly the better team last night, they finished with 573 total yards, on the road. Joe Burrow and his 3 NFL WR’s are the real deal.

I agree. And still should have lost. A wide open 5 yard pass dropped in the endzone. They moved the ball very well against LSU. And I don't believe at all that the TX offense is as good as Ms St's. At all. And I don't think it's close. They allowed Tx 401 passing yards and had they had a run game, not one back with more than 35 yards

And yeah, Tx replaced 8 guys on defense. So you would expect that defense to struggle in game 2.

dantheman4248
09-08-2019, 12:28 PM
If you watched the games for the 7 SEC opponents not named Alabama on our schedule yesterday, you should have seen lots of weaknesses and came away seeing clear paths for us to win these games.

Auburn: struggled to run at home against a Tulane defense. Tulane. Bo Nix will be dangerous by 2021 but I don’t fear him right now. Imagine our fans if we only beat Tulane 24-6 at home with a pathetic run game showing. We’d fold the season. That game proves my thoughts that Auburn is very beatable for us.

OM/Ark: toilet bowl looked as bad as we thought it would. Each team looks a step or 3 slow. That may very well be their only combined SEC win this year.

Tennessee: Have you ever seen a team so predictably fold a 99+% chance at winning at home? They look defeated. I’m not sure they win 2 games this year at the rate they are playing.

Kentucky: Terry Wilson’s injury is devastating for them. They already lost a lot from last year. They may be a cut above the Ark / OM / Tenn group, but that ain’t saying much.

A&M: It’s always nice to have early season blueprints out of how to shut down a team’s offense thoroughly. Good teams take advantage of that with good tape studying. (See Clemson basically copying our defense for Bama from last year.) Trevor Lawerence has been unimpressive as a whole to me (with some very impressive plays thrown in) this season. A year of tape does make it harder on players and Lawerence may be experiencing a sophomore slump do to that. Regardless, A&M defense did a good job containing Clemson’s O; however, I’ve been more impressed with Tommy’s play this season than Trevor in the football IQ department. It should take more than 24 for A&M to beat us.

LSU: “LSU can pass oh no.” is what you got if you watch that game negatively. “LSU can’t stop the pass.” Is what you go if you watch that game positively. The truth is, LSU ran the gameplan they needed to to win that game. Playing a Big12 defense makes your offense look exponentially better it’s proven science. (Purple teams are the exception to this rule.) I wouldn’t anoint this as a high powered passing attack yet until I see it against a defense with a pulse. Regardless, Tommy is a better QB than Texas’s QB. Granted Texas has more talent at WR. State has more talent at HB. Watching that and watching our games, we look primed for a shootout with LSU. I like our odds with Moorhead instead of Ed O in a shootout. You’re being willfully negative if you think there’s no way we put up 40+ on LSU. Be prepared for the highest combined scoring in Starkville possibly ever that night if we can’t right the missed tackling ship.

R2Dawg
09-08-2019, 12:55 PM

You take the post to mean we are going to win them all; I take the post to mean none of them are unbeatable. Meaning we have a chance to beat anyone we play. I tend to agree with that. That said, we could lose to a lot of them to with some bad bounces, injuries, suspensions, etc.

msstate7
09-08-2019, 12:56 PM
You take the post to mean we are going to win them all; I take the post to mean none of them are unbeatable. Meaning we have a chance to beat anyone we play. I tend to agree with that. That said, we could lose to a lot of them to with some bad bounces, injuries, suspensions, etc.

He's already predicted 11-1 in other threads.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 01:09 PM
He's already predicted 11-1 in other threads.

And?

dawgday166
09-08-2019, 01:11 PM
I agree. And still should have lost. A wide open 5 yard pass dropped in the endzone. They moved the ball very well against LSU. And I don't believe at all that the TX offense is as good as Ms St's. At all. And I don't think it's close. They allowed Tx 401 passing yards and had they had a run game, not one back with more than 35 yards

And yeah, Tx replaced 8 guys on defense. So you would expect that defense to struggle in game 2.

You probably right about Tx O vs MSU O. USM has every bit the athletes on D that LSU has, as well as a coordinator that's better than Aranda. That's why we were only able to put up 366 total yds against them. And our HC was an O coordinator for a PSU team which won Big 10 (while losing 2 games) while Texas's HC was O coordinator on an NC title game winner (and beat Bama AND a Kirby Smart D ... not these weak D's Bama has had lately) to get there, while coaching under a HOF coach. So yea, we probably better on O based on yesterday's games.

So I agree ... we oughta slice up the LSU D when we play them *******

msstate7
09-08-2019, 01:18 PM
And?

They said you didn't predict 11-1.

msstate7
09-08-2019, 01:19 PM
You probably right about Tx O vs MSU O. USM has every bit the athletes on D that LSU has, as well as a coordinator that's better than Aranda. That's why we were only able to put up 366 total yds against them. And our HC was an O coordinator for a PSU team which won Big 10 (while losing 2 games) while Texas's HC was O coordinator on an NC title game winner (and beat Bama AND a Kirby Smart D ... not these weak D's Bama has had lately) to get there) while coaching under a HOF coach. So yea, we probably better on O based on yesterday's games.

So I agree ... we oughta slice up the LSU D when we play them *******

007 done smoked you out haha

Coach007
09-08-2019, 01:20 PM
USM has every bit the athletes on D that LSU has, as well as a coordinator that's better than Aranda.

I understand your sarcastic reply but Ms St's offense is better than Tx's. I will take Stevens any day over their QB. I will take HILL over any of their backs and Gibson for that matter.

That's why we were only able to put up 366 total yds against them.

A stat that means nothing. At all. Stevens was out and we were allowing a true freshman to gain experience. BTW.. He threw for 64% with 2 dropped passes (would have put him at 82%). We didn't go all out against USM.

And our HC was an O coordinator for a PSU team which won Big 10 (while losing 2 games) while Texas's HC was O coordinator on an NC title game winner (and beat Bama to get there) while coaching under a HOF coach. So yea,

That has what to do with the fact that Texas put 400 yard passing on the LSU defense?

That has what to do with Tx replacing 8 defensive starters?

dawgday166
09-08-2019, 01:21 PM
007 done smoked you out haha

LOL ... some statements made on here may should require psychiatric evaluation of the poster *******

Coach007
09-08-2019, 01:23 PM
LOL ... some statements made on here may should require psychiatric evaluation of the poster *******

You mean like we won't beat Auburn because Nix is the next great QB and the second coming of Cam?

LMAO!

biggun
09-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Auburn and A&M are on the road. Defense travels, but offense not so much. If we played both in Starkville then I would feel better about our chances but both Auburn and A&M are more talented than us, especially on defense so it will take a near perfect game by us plus several turnovers by them for us to win either of those games. That being said, 8-4 is never a bad season.

dawgday166
09-08-2019, 01:24 PM
I understand your sarcastic reply but Ms St's offense is better than Tx's. I will take Stevens any day over their QB. I will take HILL over any of their backs and Gibson for that matter.

A stat that means nothing. At all. Stevens was out and we were allowing a true freshman to gain experience. BTW.. He threw for 64% with 2 dropped passes (would have put him at 82%). We didn't go all out against USM.

That has what to do with the fact that Texas put 400 yard passing on the LSU defense?

That has what to do with Tx replacing 8 defensive starters?

I'll wait a little longer into the season before I'm willing to say any of that .. and you probably should consider that too.

I love it when we look bad ... we have all these excuses why we do and we can fix that and stats don't mean nuthin etc.

But when AU has a down game, LSU may not be quite as sharp, etc. ... They suck and we should win those games.

dawgday166
09-08-2019, 01:26 PM
You mean like we won't beat Auburn because Nix is the next great QB and the second coming of Cam?

LMAO!

Who said that?

I think he may turn out pretty good ... certainly showed some moxy in a much more pressure packed situation than either of our QBs have faced so far, but it's still way too early to tell how he'll turn out long term.

Brahmabull
09-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Boy, the wool in this thread is stroooong! I?m all for being positive and hoping our team has a good season, but dang, the idea we can beat every team on our schedule other than Bama is delusional.

I?ll give you OM, Arkansas, and Tennessee are all hot garbage along with Kentucky being beatable especially now that they lost their QB for the season, but Auburn, A&M, and LSU all will light up our defense. We have won two games against nice G5 teams. Teams that don?t come close to matching the talent of the top half of the SEC.

Our defense has been bend but don?t break against the two G5 teams. I believe it will break against talented power football teams. I think Stevens and Hill have looked really good. Our receivers have caught the ball much better, but I have to see us perform against talented defenses before declaring we can?t be stopped. I want us to win every game but let?s pumped the breaks a little and be realistic.

dawgday166
09-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Boy, the wool in this thread is stroooong! I?m all for being positive and hoping our team has a good season, but dang, the idea we can beat every team on our schedule other than Bama is delusional.

I?ll give you OM, Arkansas, and Tennessee are all hot garbage along with Kentucky being beatable especially now that they lost their QB for the season, but Auburn, A&M, and LSU all will light up our defense. We have won two games against nice G5 teams. Teams that don?t come close to matching the talent of the top half of the SEC.

Our defense has been bend but don?t break against the two G5 teams. I believe it will break against talented power football teams. I think Stevens and Hill have looked really good. Our receivers have caught the ball much better, but I have to see us perform against talented defenses before declaring we can?t be stopped. I want us to win every game but let?s pumped the breaks a little and be realistic.

Now don't be trying to bring sanity to this board ... SHM.

dantheman4248
09-08-2019, 01:34 PM
I'll wait a little longer into the season before I'm willing to say any of that .. and you probably should consider that too.

I love it when we look bad ... we have all these excuses why we do and we can fix that and stats don't mean nuthin etc.

But when AU has a down game, LSU may not be quite as sharp, etc. ... They suck and we should win those games.

Some of us have that mentality to combat the opposite school of thought. Some people here only watch our games and have their preconceived notions of what other teams will do and overly scrutinize our own team. Two sides of the same coin. We’ll find out, but I see lots of reason for optimism for our team. Seeing a QB as cerebral as Tommy at MSU inspires a lot of hope for me personally.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 01:46 PM

Why would I want to do that? We have a great team and If I am wrong, I'm big enough to admit it. Like I said. I see Bama as a loss right now. See? No issues in calling something not in favor of MS St.

I don't see Auburn as an issue at all. I see the same team as I did last year with a WORSE QB. The kid could barely put up 50% against Tulane. Their top back could get 100 against Tulane. Combined, a 47% passer who has thrown almost as many picks as TDs

I don't see and issue with UK.

UT? No. That team is worse now than ever.

At home, LSU.. I'm not worried. We have what it takes to compete.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 01:48 PM

Auburn light us up? a 47% passer couldn't light up Tulane.

dawgday166
09-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Why would I want to do that? We have a great team and If I am wrong, I'm big enough to admit it. Like I said. I see Bama as a loss right now. See? No issues in calling something not in favor of MS St.

I don't see Auburn as an issue at all. I see the same team as I did last year with a WORSE QB. The kid could barely put up 50% against Tulane. Their top back could get 100 against Tulane. Combined, a 47% passer who has thrown almost as many picks as TDs

I don't see and issue with UK.

UT? No. That team is worse now than ever.

I agree. We've won 11 games so often in our history it should be a cakewalk to go to AU & TAM and win those games. Why TAM didn't wax a weak ass Clemson team yesterday I have no clue (I'm like another poster on here about Lawrence ... he way overrated and Stevens/Shrader are better). ********** And LSU ... easy win *******

Brahmabull
09-08-2019, 01:53 PM

Hehehe. Since when did having LSU at home make a difference in us winning or losing? You’re not worried about LSU. Ha! Ok. If you have watched them and you believe we have what it takes to compete against them, then no reason to discuss with you any further.

dantheman4248
09-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Hehehe. Since when did having LSU at home make a difference in us winning or losing? You’re not worried about LSU. Ha! Ok. If you have watched them and you believe we have what it takes to compete against them, then no reason to discuss with you any further.

They gave up 38 points to a worse QB and 0 running threat offense than what we have. How can you possibly think we can’t compete? Our defense isn’t on the field for offense.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 01:57 PM
I agree. We've won 11 games so often in our history it should be a cakewalk to go to AU & TAM and win those games. Why TAM didn't wax a weak ass Clemson team yesterday I have no clue (I'm like another poster on here about Lawrence ... he way overrated and Stevens/Shrader are better). ********** And LSU ... easy win *******

You are barking up the wrong tree if you think that 20 years ago has any effect on this team. Who said Clemson was weak? Not me.

msstate7
09-08-2019, 02:00 PM
They gave up 38 points to a worse QB and 0 running threat offense than what we have. How can you possibly think we can’t compete? Our defense isn’t on the field for offense.

Y'all just running with this Stevens better than ehlinger aren't ya? I think that's hardly the case

Coach007
09-08-2019, 02:00 PM

Yeah. I watched them play a defense who REPLACED 8 starters who were playing in their 2nd game. And they SHOULD have won. 2 times in the redzone inside their what?? 5 and they couldn't get points. WHY?

- a wide open dropped pass. There was NOBODY on the guy and it hit him in the hands.
- NO run game.... something we don't lack.

BTW... I never said it would be easy. I stated I'm not worried. Line them up and let's go!

Brahmabull
09-08-2019, 02:01 PM

You have seen Stevens for 6 qtrs and you are declaring him better than Ehlinger?? Jeez. The talent on the field last night in Texas was far superior to anything we have faced so far.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Y'all just running with this Stevens better than ehlinger aren't ya? I think that's hardly the case

As of now, it is the case. You are a big stats guy... Look it up. Stevens is the 3rd best in the SEC in passing Efficiency... ranked 19th. He is down around 35.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 02:11 PM
The talent on the field last night in Texas was far superior to anything we have faced so far.

Who stated it wasn't? Come on.

But again... LSU has not faced anybody.

I love the fact that people here are up in arms over our defense replacing people and it's "WE SUCK!" and then Proclaim LSU's QB and offense as Football GODS after barely beating a team that replaced 8 starters on defense.

msstate7
09-08-2019, 02:14 PM
As of now, it is the case. You are a big stats guy... Look it up. Stevens is the 3rd best in the SEC in passing Efficiency... ranked 19th. He is down around 35.

ULL and la tech, call it a wash
Usm and LSU, you calling that even?

dawgday166
09-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Who stated it wasn't? Come on.

But again... LSU has not faced anybody.

I love the fact that people here are up in arms over our defense replacing people and it's "WE SUCK!" and then Proclaim LSU's QB and offense as Football GODS after barely beating a team that replaced 8 starters on defense.

Just to let you know ... I'm not sure on LSU's O just yet. They have looked good and Ed O surprised me last night when he kept letting Burrow throw the ball. Still not convinced he will keep doing that tho.

But ... they have an O line that probably is as good as ours, WRs that are better, and not sure on running game just yet. Not sure Kylin will be as great as everyone on here expects him to be against upper tier Ds in SEC. And not sure he'll block blitzing SEC LBs yet either. We'll see.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 02:27 PM
ULL and la tech, call it a wash
Usm and LSU, you calling that even?

Are you kidding me right now 7?

Stevens is the #3 QB right now. Period. Sam is not top 20. He still threw it for 65% against LSU (JOMO's number) and had zero help for a run game.

LSU played a way bigger chump than we have and a defense that replaced 8 starters, something you are staying away from, and STILL should have lost.

Yes, Tommy Stevens is better. Yes our run game is better.

dawgday166
09-08-2019, 02:28 PM

Who's #1 SEC and #2 Nationally??

dantheman4248
09-08-2019, 02:34 PM

Tommy passes the eye test as a QB for me. Sam passes the eye test as a good college player for me. Tommy has a believer in me. Some guys look like they have “it” when it comes to being a QB. Tommy does to me. Barring injury he looks like he’ll make it to the NFL with how intelligent he plays the game. Maybe it’s just such a stark difference to what i’m used to at MSU but you can notice all the presnap reads and progressions he’s making.

dawgday166
09-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Are you kidding me right now 7?

Stevens is the #3 QB right now. Period. Sam is not top 20. He still threw it for 65% against LSU (JOMO's number) and had zero help for a run game.

LSU played a way bigger chump than we have and a defense that replaced 8 starters, something you are staying away from, and STILL should have lost.

Yes, Tommy Stevens is better. Yes our run game is better.

Tommy is #19 Nationally. Sam is 33.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 02:36 PM
Just to let you know ... I'm not sure on LSU's O just yet. They have looked good and Ed O surprised me last night when he kept letting Burrow throw the ball. Still not convinced he will keep doing that tho.

But ... they have an O line that probably is as good as ours, WRs that are better, and not sure on running game just yet. Not sure Kylin will be as great as everyone on here expects him to be against upper tier Ds in SEC. And not sure he'll block blitzing SEC LBs yet either. We'll see.

First... Thanks for a great debate and not making it personal. Props and reps given!

Everything is about the lines for sure. And all are valid points

- It's really hard to say considering their best game to judge has not been played. Like I said, Tx ranked #9 after having to replace 8 defensive starters is a joke. But they were able to get to Burrow alot. Sacked him 4 times. 1 QB Hurry and 6 tfls. SO is that saying their OL is suspect? I lean that way, but we will know as the season marches on.

- Are we defensively as good as Tx? We don't know because we have not had to play full out with all of our "might". TX did. It was all or nothing.

- At the same time, LSU had to open up. it was #9. Right?

long story short, I saw enough that makes me believe we can win that game. That may change.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Tommy is #19 Nationally. Sam is 33.

In the SEC

dawgday166
09-08-2019, 02:40 PM
In the SEC

But you were saying Sam isn't top 20 against Tommy being #3. There ain't 20 teams in Big 12. So I was correcting the comparison.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 02:41 PM
Who's #1 SEC and #2 Nationally??

We are comparing Stevens to the TX QB. I know where LSU is.

Answer this, Should have TX won? 2 times in the redzone

- dropped td to a guy wide open
- zero run game to help out in those situations.

Tx ranked 88 in redzone offense this year... was 82 last year.

msstate7
09-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Tommy passes the eye test as a QB for me. Sam passes the eye test as a good college player for me. Tommy has a believer in me. Some guys look like they have “it” when it comes to being a QB. Tommy does to me. Barring injury he looks like he’ll make it to the NFL with how intelligent he plays the game. Maybe it’s just such a stark difference to what i’m used to at MSU but you can notice all the presnap reads and progressions he’s making.

I've been thrilled with tommy so far. He has been a godsend. With that said, ehlinger is one of the best in the country. It's waaaaaaaaaaay too early to say he's better than ehlinger. Here's ehlinger's last 2 game stats combined vs sec teams (Georgia and LSU)...

Passing: 50/74 (.676) 570 yds 4 td 0 int
Rushing: 40 att 124 yds 4 td

Stevens hasn't faced an sec defense in his career.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 02:43 PM
But you were saying Sam isn't top 20 against Tommy being #3. There ain't 20 teams in Big 12. So I was correcting the comparison.

You are right. My post above that in context of what 7 was saying is

So I was just carrying that over

dawgday166
09-08-2019, 02:43 PM
First... Thanks for a great debate and not making it personal. Props and reps given!

Everything is about the lines for sure. And all are valid points

- It's really hard to say considering their best game to judge has not been played. Like I said, Tx ranked #9 after having to replace 8 defensive starters is a joke. But they were able to get to Burrow alot. Sacked him 4 times. 1 QB Hurry and 6 tfls. SO is that saying their OL is suspect? I lean that way, but we will know as the season marches on.

- Are we defensively as good as Tx? We don't know because we have not had to play full out with all of our "might". TX did. It was all or nothing.

- At the same time, LSU had to open up. it was #9. Right?

long story short, I saw enough that makes me believe we can win that game. That may change.

Not saying we can't win against LSU but it's kinda impressive what Burrow did while getting somewhat hammered by Texas D. Tommy hasn't had to face that kinda pressure yet. And twice now he didn't catch blitzers out of his peripheral vision that have flat out nailed him (especially yesterday when coming from his right .. he should've seen him). A great QB requires great peripheral vision and how he didn't see that guy I'm scratching my head a little about.

Tommy did look real sharp tho yesterday and it was encouraging.

dawgday166
09-08-2019, 02:47 PM
We are comparing Stevens to the TX QB. I know where LSU is.

Answer this, Should have TX won? 2 times in the redzone

- dropped td to a guy wide open
- zero run game to help out in those situations.

Tx ranked 88 in redzone offense this year... was 82 last year.

So I'm just saying that you're almost ready to anoint Tommy the next Joe Montana but ... last year you were probably saying Burrow sucked. And now look at him. It's just way to early to make a judgement on this yet.

Coach007
09-08-2019, 02:55 PM
Not saying we can't win against LSU but it's kinda impressive what Burrow did while getting somewhat hammered by Texas D. Tommy hasn't had to face that kinda pressure yet. And twice now he didn't catch blitzers out of his peripheral vision that have flat out nailed him (especially yesterday when coming from his right .. he should've seen him). A great QB requires great peripheral vision and how he didn't see that guy I'm scratching my head a little about.

Tommy did look real sharp tho yesterday and it was encouraging.

Burrow is impressive. Give him his due for sure.

I think Tommy is thinking about making plays with his arm before his legs and an adjustment I hope to see is if you are flushed, run. The sack he took.. he should have ran. But that's the same for Burrow on his 4 sacks. Some he could have ran.

LOL!!! We will be tested way more than LSU before we play too.

LSU Schedule:

- NWST
- Vandy
- USU (Who???)
- Florida
- MS St

They have 1 game that could test them. We will be battled tested prior to them. UK, UT, Auburn, .... and Kst.

msstate7
09-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Burrow is impressive. Give him his due for sure.

I think Tommy is thinking about making plays with his arm before his legs and an adjustment I hope to see is if you are flushed, run. The sack he took.. he should have ran. But that's the same for Burrow on his 4 sacks. Some he could have ran.

LOL!!! We will be tested way more than LSU before we play too.

LSU Schedule:

- NWST
- Vandy
- USU (Who???)
- Florida
- MS St

They have 1 game that could test them. We will be battled tested prior to them. UK, UT, Auburn, .... and Kst.

You don't think going to Texas helped "battle test" them?

Coach007
09-08-2019, 03:07 PM
You don't think going to Texas helped "battle test" them?

Read it again 7

R2Dawg
09-08-2019, 03:09 PM
Auburn and A&M are on the road. Defense travels, but offense not so much. If we played both in Starkville then I would feel better about our chances but both Auburn and A&M are more talented than us, especially on defense so it will take a near perfect game by us plus several turnovers by them for us to win either of those games. That being said, 8-4 is never a bad season.

Yeah I agree, better odds at home but I hate it when people repeat clich? statements with no evidence what so ever like these coach speak sayings are an absolute truth. Defense travels?? Like O doesn't? Tell that the LSU and 573 yards of O on the road. And I could give examples all day long on the exact opposite. Our #1D in nation didn't travel to UK last year.