PDA

View Full Version : It's easy to see why the team responds to Dakota like it does

Coach34
10-25-2013, 04:28 PM
after hearing the story of him punching one of the D-Line guys this past summer during a workout. When your QB will step up and lead like that, and is someone the team really respects, you have something you can win with.

Been awhile since we have had that

hacker
10-25-2013, 04:45 PM
hard to see how punching in the face is leadership, but whatever

ckDOG
10-25-2013, 04:56 PM

Well if it was one of a couple of guys I'm thinking of, it was probably well deserved.

preachermatt83
10-25-2013, 04:57 PM
he took a swing, that didn't land. I figured someone "in the know" would have known that.

Coach34
10-25-2013, 05:21 PM
he took a swing, that didn't land. I figured someone "in the know" would have known that.

I didnt hear a ****ing thing about it until the telecast last night. But the point still stands.

Coach34
10-25-2013, 05:23 PM

Sometimes things get very heated and people say things they shouldnt- and stuff escalates. It's rare that you have a QB handle business like that against defensive players- usuallu it's the other guys on offense defending the QB.

BankerDog
10-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Had someone tell me when he was there that Dak would punch lineman or anyone if they talked in his huddle. The players respect Dak and you always need that

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Give me 5 reasons why I shouldn't expect Prescott to flame out via the QB curse in 2015? I see no reason why the dead indians don't send his football career to the grave during his senior year like they did Russell, Relf, Lee, Conner, Fant, Madkin, Wyatt, Taite, etc. all the way back to Bond and beyond. Some of the poor bastards didn't even make it that far, like Plump, Morgan, Henig and Carroll. And if you don't play like shit, they rip your leg off like they did Sleepy. You cannot escape.

Coach34
10-25-2013, 05:40 PM
There hasnt been a QB curse for talented guys- Bond didnt hardly have any talent around him, Smith turned out ok, Threadgill turned out fine....I thought Wyatt's Sr yr went well for him...Tyson Lee had a great Sr year for his ability

Madkin just had a better player overtake him- much like Russell
Plump, Morgan, Henig, Carroll should have been happy they had a uniform

msstate7
10-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Give me 5 reasons why I shouldn't expect Prescott to flame out via the QB curse in 2015? I see no reason why the dead indians don't send his football career to the grave during his senior year like they did Russell, Relf, Lee, Conner, Fant, Madkin, Wyatt, Taite, etc. all the way back to Bond and beyond. Some of the poor bastards didn't even make it that far, like Plump, Morgan, Henig and Carroll. And if you don't play like shit, they rip your leg off like they did Sleepy. You cannot escape.

The only concern I have for dak later in his career is the punishment taking it's toll on him. Dak's accuracy will continue to improve. He'll also get better passing as his young receivers mature.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 06:07 PM
The only concern I have for dak later in his career is the punishment taking it's toll on him. Dak's accuracy will continue to improve. He'll also get better passing as his young receivers mature.

Yep. Unfortunately we don't know how to use any of the 26 talented RB's we have to allow some of the bruising to be taken off of Dak. It's a shame.

HoopsDawg
10-25-2013, 06:20 PM
after hearing the story of him punching one of the D-Line guys this past summer during a workout. When your QB will step up and lead like that, and is someone the team really respects, you have something you can win with.

Been awhile since we have had that

Palmer and Pollack agreed that Dak has the "it" factor. I love his intelligence, toughness, and will to win. Hud is going to do great things with him.

Coach34
10-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Palmer and Pollack agreed that Dak has the "it" factor. I love his intelligence, toughness, and will to win. Hud is going to do great things with him.

Not so fast my friend. There's some concern that Hud isnt as interested as once thought. I'm curious to see if this push continues if Hud is no longer a viable option

hacker
10-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Hud is going to do great things with him.

asdfasdfadfahhahahahha

Raytoraid83
10-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Not so fast my friend. There's some concern that Hud isnt as interested as once thought. I'm curious to see if this push continues if Hud is no longer a viable option

So you're telling me a coach who's from mississippi, graduated from delta st, coached at Miss St and has previously shown great interest in the job all of a sudden doesn't want it anymore. If that's true we have more problems than whether or not Mullen should come back.

Behrdawg
10-25-2013, 06:33 PM
I played MLB in high school and college. If a QB punches a defensive player in the face and demands respect- it will happen. I know, makes no sense- but it is truth. Basically Dak said "if you are going to listen to me, then I'm going to make your ass listen."

I like it.

HoopsDawg
10-25-2013, 06:39 PM

You just completely made that up. MSU and Vandy will be the only 2 open SEC jobs (if we finish 5-7), and we've got 2.5 million reasons Hud will take it. I can't see him leaving the south.

Raytoraid83
10-25-2013, 06:45 PM
You just completely made that up. MSU and Vandy will be the only 2 open SEC jobs (if we finish 5-7), and we've got 2.5 million reasons Hud will take it. I can't see him leaving the south.

Agreed

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 07:12 PM
it's been thrown out there by people close to Hud. That's a fact.

whether it's posturing to help him seem less likely to sit around and wait much loner or whether it's legit is the question. And only he knows the answer to that....

Coach34
10-25-2013, 07:26 PM
You just completely made that up.

I dont make shit up. As Hack said, it may be posturing by him to secure some demands- but supposedly he has some real concerns about the job. And him having other options doesnt help that

HoopsDawg
10-25-2013, 07:29 PM
I dont make shit up. As Hack said, it may be posturing by him to secure some demands- but supposedly he has some real concerns about the job. And him having other options doesnt help that

what concerns does he have that 2.5 million can't overcome. If he has people posturing for him, then he is smarter than I thought. I don't blame him, drive the price up and drive the urgency up. He won't be at ULL in 2 years.

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 07:37 PM

You gotta expect ULL is going to try their best to keep Hud which means we should consider that they'd make shit up to keep MSU away. I'm sure they are all well aware that we have plans of plucking their savior from them and bringing him home.

SnakePlissken
10-25-2013, 07:42 PM
what concerns does he have that 2.5 million can't overcome.
It's just a guess but one concern would be seeing the fanbase trying to run off a coach with three straight bowls and a possibility of a 4th straight bowl still available

HoopsDawg
10-25-2013, 07:47 PM
It's just a guess but one concern would be seeing the fanbase trying to run off a coach with three straight bowls and a possibility of a 4th straight bowl still available

no one wants him fired if we go to a bowl game this year. Surely you understand that?

Coach34
10-25-2013, 08:09 PM
what concerns does he have that 2.5 million can't overcome. If he has people posturing for him, then he is smarter than I thought. I don't blame him, drive the price up and drive the urgency up. He won't be at ULL in 2 years.

I'm sure he is aware how much our job pays. Hell, Charlie Strong didnt even want to interview with us back when. Coaches will bypass good money in the short term and bank on a better situation coming their way. Strong was correct. As it stands right now- Hud is not a slam dunk as many thought.

As far as Mullen goes- if we lose the Egg Bowl- I want him gone just like the rest of you. But I don't seriously think we will lose that game. We should make 6-6

preachermatt83
10-25-2013, 09:13 PM
I'm sure he is aware how much our job pays. Hell, Charlie Strong didnt even want to interview with us back when. Coaches will bypass good money in the short term and bank on a better situation coming their way. Strong was correct. As it stands right now- Hud is not a slam dunk as many thought.

As far as Mullen goes- if we lose the Egg Bowl- I want him gone just like the rest of you. But I don't seriously think we will lose that game. We should make 6-6

plz remember this statement!

preachermatt83
10-25-2013, 09:16 PM

1.75 mil would get it done and would leave run to hire some top notch assistants. Look what he is making now and I assure you he would love 1.75mil

HoopsDawg
10-25-2013, 10:17 PM
1.75 mil would get it done and would leave run to hire some top notch assistants. Look what he is making now and I assure you he would love 1.75mil

For sure. But from some reason Stricklin paid Rick Ray 1 million when he could have had him for 750K. Hell, he could have had him for 500K. So I have to assume he will offer at least 2 million to the next head coach.

I'm glad Coach and I are on the same page. I couldn't tell based on most of his posts about Mullen. I will say the Charlie Strong comparison is a weak one. Anyone could see that Strong was destined for a more attractive job than MSU, and he really had no ties or reason to go to MSU.

SnakePlissken
10-25-2013, 10:42 PM
no one wants him fired if we go to a bowl game this year. Surely you understand that?
I could have sworn that I'd seen threads for at least a couple of weeks with headings like " It's time for Hud". Several threads are calling for Dan to be let go while moderates are begging to let the season play out but that is falling on a lot of deaf ears right now

HoopsDawg
10-25-2013, 10:46 PM
I could have sworn that I'd seen threads for at least a couple of weeks with headings like " It's time for Hud". Several threads are calling for Dan to be let go while moderates are begging to let the season play out but that is falling on a lot of deaf ears right now

My bad, everyone Snake has spoken. Please hold your commentary about Mullen and MSU football until after the season is over.

Thick
10-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Money is not the issue, and that's all that needs to be said at this time. This board is not secure enough to have serious conversations about what really goes on in the Bryan Building, the President's office, and the recruiting process.

Like I said in an earlier thread, some of you younger bulldogs just don't understand the complexity of how things really work at MSU. KEENUM is a polished, Washington groomed politician that can run a university right. He likes the direction of our athletic program, and he hired Strickland. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

HoopsDawg
10-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Money is not the issue, and that's all that needs to be said at this time. This board is not secure enough to have serious conversations about what really goes on in the Bryan Building, the President's office, and the recruiting process.

Like I said in an earlier thread, some of you younger bulldogs just don't understand the complexity of how things really work at MSU. KEENUM is a polished, Washington groomed politician that can run a university right. He likes the direction of our athletic program, and he hired Strickland. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks for learning us. Who is this Strickland fellow?

hacker
10-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Todd Strickland, I think he's Keenum's secretary

Thick
10-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks for learning us. Who is this Strickland fellow?

Anytime young pup!

FlabLoser
10-25-2013, 11:52 PM

Are you saying you approve of Keenum?

Dawgfan77
10-26-2013, 07:21 AM
Coach and Hack. You guys seems to be in agreement that Hud is not a slam dunk as we first thought so my questions to you all are this
With the investment in facilities and the influx of money what are his concerns about the job
He is a Louisville guy that I know he wanted to play for Rocky when he graduated HS and we have heard this is his dream job
I realize Lafayette is much larger than Starkville, but with his family being from Louisville and his kids a about an hour west of there what would keep him away

DownwardDawg
10-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Coach and Hack. You guys seems to be in agreement that Hud is not a slam dunk as we first thought so my questions to you all are this
With the investment in facilities and the influx of money what are his concerns about the job
He is a Louisville guy that I know he wanted to play for Rocky when he graduated HS and we have heard this is his dream job
I realize Lafayette is much larger than Starkville, but with his family being from Louisville and his kids a about an hour west of there what would keep him away

If Hud takes any other SEC job before we offer him, he's gone forever. If he's not intersted in the job, then we better damn well hope we find another winner before we get rid of Mullen. I'm not on the "Fire Mullen" bandwagon. I'm on the "replace Mullen with Hud" bandwagon.

Thick
10-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Are you saying you approve of Keenum?

I approve of Keenum as a leader of MSU in academics, plus he is very connected in Washington (that is a good thing). I think his leadership is lacking in sports.

Remember, LT wanted to hire Bobby Wallace, but Dr. Zacharias vetoed him. He spoke with several of our donors, and the next thing you know JWS was introduced as our HC.

It was just the opposite in the hiring of RR. That was a complete failure, not that we hired him. The process was the screw up, thus leaving bball donors really pissed off.

Dawgfan77
10-26-2013, 08:30 AM
I think there are two brothers from the coast and some folks from northeast ms that won't allow them to screw up football

Coach 57
10-26-2013, 08:47 AM
If Hud takes any other SEC job before we offer him, he's gone forever. If he's not intersted in the job, then we better damn well hope we find another winner before we get rid of Mullen. I'm not on the "Fire Mullen" bandwagon. I'm on the "replace Mullen with Hud" bandwagon.

You are full of bull! You prechermatt, Cadaver and more are the biggest ones on here pushing the "fire Mullen" wagon! That's what you have been saying for weeks now. If you want to change it fine, but don't act like you haven't been pushing the wagon. Wasn't it you that said "no matter what he needs to be gone" and right after you posted it C34 asked you "what if we win 6?" You STILL said it!

Look I am holding my opinion at bay until the remainder of the season. That's what you guys SHOULD do as far as who stays & who goes. Like C34 said if we lose the Egg Bowl.....I want a change because we will have 5 before that game kicks off. And the coaching staff will HAVE to be fired up to win that one.

Coach34
10-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Cant get into all of it yet- and as we said- it could just be posturing, but some of you Hud Worshippers need to get a Plan B