PDA

View Full Version : Rumor is...

DeviousDawg
09-07-2019, 05:49 PM
A certain upper-classman interior DL who was assumed to be a part of Tutor Gate, may not be a part of Tutor Gate. Would be huge. Let?s get our backfield healthy and see what we can do this year. Tommy and Kylin are for real, best backfield since Dak/JRob, easily.

BeardoMSU
09-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Commerce hinted at this during the game thread. Would be huge, for sure.

HoopsDawg
09-07-2019, 05:51 PM
A certain upper-classman interior DL who was assumed to be a part of Tutor Gate, may not be a part of Tutor Gate. Would be huge. Let?s get our backfield healthy and see what we can do this year. Tommy and Kylin are for real, best backfield since Dak/JRob, easily.

He's either not a part of tutor gate or Jomo is an idiot.

Scared_Hitless
09-07-2019, 05:53 PM

If he plays next week we will know for sure

thf24
09-07-2019, 05:56 PM
The fact that he graduated doesn't prove he wasn't part of it, but it's hard to believe a guy part of a major cheating scandal would be allowed to graduate at the end of the semester in which it was uncovered.

BrunswickDawg
09-07-2019, 05:59 PM
The fact that he graduated doesn't prove he wasn't part of it, but it's hard to believe a guy part of a major cheating scandal would be allowed to graduate at the end of the semester in which it was uncovered.

He could have graduated this summer

thf24
09-07-2019, 06:03 PM
He could have graduated this summer

Even then, surely anyone's standing would be frozen until there was a resolution to the situation.

KOdawg1
09-07-2019, 06:08 PM
He isnt one of the ones suspended. He would not have been wasted on a game like today

HoopsDawg
09-07-2019, 06:10 PM
He isnt one of the ones suspended. He would not have been wasted on a game like today

hopefully not.

BrunswickDawg
09-07-2019, 06:11 PM
Even then, surely anyone's standing would be frozen until there was a resolution to the situation.

The school could have already adjudicated their punishment, etc. It would have nothing to do with NCAA eligibility

Saltydog
09-07-2019, 06:16 PM
Is it safe to say Mayden IS part of it? His absence today makes you wonder.....

DeviousDawg
09-07-2019, 06:19 PM
Is it safe to say Mayden IS part of it? His absence today makes you wonder.....

I can confirm that’s 100% safe to say.

HoopsDawg
09-07-2019, 06:19 PM
We know 10 football players are suspended for 8 games.

1. Gay
2. Murphy
3. Whop
4. Jett
5. Dolla Bill Johnson
6. Mayden
7. Furdge
8. Reed

Pretty safe to say that's 8 of the 10. Everyone else has played in at least 1 game except for KT. We were told KT is not 1 of the 10. I can't say for sure if Nate Watson and Odom have played in a game yet. If they have, that means at least 2 of the suspended players have played in a game.

DeviousDawg
09-07-2019, 06:25 PM
I was skeptical about Autry from the get go, he is already graduated and has no reason to be taking into to Chem in his last semester of his undergrad. It was a situation where one of these is not like the other, but I had heard he was a part of it from multiple places, so I just assumed it was true, although weird. Now it could make sense that the wires got crossed somewhere, he had a minor issue that suspended him for a game and bc he was suspended in game 1, rumors lumped him in with the rest of the Tutor Gate guys, similar to the KT situation(although KT being a part of Tutor Gate would make way more sense than Autry, for numerous reasons).

Commercecomet24
09-07-2019, 06:35 PM
We'll know soon enough. Like i said in game thread I'll apologize if I'm wrong. I sure don't mind admitting when I'm wrong. I was like devious and was skeptical about autry being one of the 10 but it appeared that he was, but have heard in the last couple days that he wasn't one of the 10. We'll know soon enough

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 06:41 PM
We know 10 football players are suspended for 8 games.

1. Gay
2. Murphy
3. Whop
4. Jett
5. Dolla Bill Johnson
6. Mayden
7. Furdge
8. Reed

Pretty safe to say that's 8 of the 10. Everyone else has played in at least 1 game except for KT. We were told KT is not 1 of the 10. I can't say for sure if Nate Watson and Odom have played in a game yet. If they have, that means at least 2 of the suspended players have played in a game.

If you'll add Autry and rs offensive lineman who isn't going to play you'll have them all

HoopsDawg
09-07-2019, 06:45 PM
If you'll add Autry and rs offensive lineman who isn't going to play you'll have them all

The Olinemen would have to be Kam Jones. And then you are telling us that Moorhead is a moron b/c Autry is clearly a difference maker.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 06:48 PM
The Olinemen would have to be Kam Jones. And then you are telling us that Moorhead is a moron b/c Autry is clearly a difference maker.

You can say what you want.... we have no dL depth and it's 100 degrees. We had to move a dL to ol Bc we had no ol depth potentially for today. So while it appears crazy, I sorta get it.

Tbonewannabe
09-07-2019, 06:48 PM

Or he was suspended for a different reason. Was Jomo an idiot for suspending Christman for a DUI?

Tbonewannabe
09-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Duplicate post

HoopsDawg
09-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Or he was suspended for a different reason. Was Jomo an idiot for suspending Christman for a DUI?

You must misunderstand me. No, suspending Christman was the right move. Playing Autry when he only has 4 games to play is horrible. Homedawg is probably right more than any poster on this board.

HoopsDawg
09-07-2019, 06:50 PM
You can say what you want.... we have no dL depth and it's 100 degrees. We had to move a dL to ol Bc we had no ol depth potentially for today. So while it appears crazy, I sorta get it.

No, you don't get it. There's no way you agree with that decision.

Tbonewannabe
09-07-2019, 06:55 PM
You must misunderstand me. No, suspending Christman was the right move. Playing Autry when he only has 4 games to play is horrible. Homedawg is probably right more than any poster on this board.

No I didn't misunderstand you, if he is out 8 games then it is puzzling but we now have people saying Autry wasn't part of the 8 game suspension.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 07:00 PM
No, you don't get it. There's no way you agree with that decision.

That's fine. I'm fine w you jumping him. I can't win. I just passed along that Autry is one of them, as has been stated before. Dont get mad at me. I'm not privy to Jomo's thoughts. But I just gave my opinion of why I think they played him. Didn't say I would have. I've gone on record I would play them uk ut ark and ole miss. Lots disagree. That's fine too.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 07:02 PM
No I didn't misunderstand you, if he is out 8 games then it is puzzling but we now have people saying Autry wasn't part of the 8 game suspension.

They are saying it Bc they don't think there is any reason we would play him today. Just speculating

HoopsDawg
09-07-2019, 07:11 PM
That's fine. I'm fine w you jumping him. I can't win. I just passed along that Autry is one of them, as has been stated before. Dont get mad at me. I'm not privy to Jomo's thoughts. But I just gave my opinion of why I think they played him. Didn't say I would have. I've gone on record I would play them uk ut ark and ole miss. Lots disagree. That's fine too.

LOL, I'm not mad at you. I'm just saying that you don't "kind of get why he played him". You know it's an awful decision, lol.

Tbonewannabe
09-07-2019, 07:25 PM
They are saying it Bc they don't think there is any reason we would play him today. Just speculating

No, they stated that they heard from sources. There are zero official announcements on what players are suspended.

HoopsDawg
09-07-2019, 07:29 PM
No, they stated that they heard from sources. There are zero official announcements on what players are suspended.

It was weird to hear Commerce say he heard from multiple sources. Commerce usually doesn't just make stuff up. I just can't believe that JoMo would burn one of his 4 games vs USM, but Homedawg is probably correct. Autry was our best interior D-linemen today and it wasn't even close.

Cloak
09-07-2019, 07:29 PM
If Autry isn't one of the 10, why didn't he play last week?

msstate7
09-07-2019, 07:31 PM

Homedawg may be wrong on things like if we'll win or not, but I wouldn't be questioning him on stuff like this.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2019, 07:40 PM
I'm in no way infallible and Homedawg always has dang good info. I'm just reporting what I was told from several people I trust and who have always given me good info. There are certainly people on here who have way more connections than I do.We'll see what happens.

gravedigger
09-07-2019, 07:41 PM
Just when I think that there is no way a fan could demonstrate how little they know about a team they pull for, you set the standard yet again.

Congratulations. One could almost imagine that you are paid for these pearls of wisdom.

Please tell me you took coach 34s advice and bet that usm would cover.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 07:51 PM
I'm in no way infallible and Homedawg always has dang good info. I'm just reporting what I was told from several people I trust and who have always given me good info. There are certainly people on here who have way more connections than I do.We'll see what happens.

Hey man info is good. And nobody is perfect. Maybe you are right and I'm wrong. That would be awesome. I mean it. People crave for info, I gave it. Maybe it's wrong ... we shall see. I just want us to win

Commercecomet24
09-07-2019, 07:53 PM
Hey man info is good. And nobody is perfect. Maybe you are right and I'm wrong. That would be awesome. I mean it. People crave for info, I gave it. Maybe it's wrong ... we shall see. I just want us to win

Agreed 100%. Always respect your info and opinions. The great thing about most of the folks on here is they love State and just want to win. Why I enjoy this board and all the different perspectives on things.

DeviousDawg
09-07-2019, 07:58 PM
We will know next week for sure, but I wouldn’t have posted this from just pure speculation. Like Commerce, I have heard from more than one place that it looks like Autry is not a part of Tutor Gate. With that said, the title of my original post clearly states this is a rumor, so, yes, Homedawg could and may be right on this.

KOdawg1
09-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Homedawg may be wrong on things like if we'll win or not, but I wouldn't be questioning him on stuff like this.
Im not going to question Commerce

somebodyshotmypaw
09-07-2019, 08:12 PM
With the injuries to Darryl Williams and Evans Wilkerson last week, they moved James Jackson from DT to center. So with the loss of one DT and the expected extreme heat, they decided to burn one of Autry's 4 games today. That would be the only justification I can think of if Autry is part of tutor gate. And if that was the justification, then our coaching staff screwed up in my opinion. So I'm hoping Autry wasn't part of tutor gate.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 08:18 PM
With the injuries to Darryl Williams and Evans Wilkerson last week, they moved James Jackson from DT to center. So with the loss of one DT and the expected extreme heat, they decided to burn one of Autry's 4 games today. That would be the only justification I can think of if Autry is part of tutor gate. And if that was the justification, then our coaching staff screwed up in my opinion. So I'm hoping Autry wasn't part of tutor gate.

And Parker.... this is why he moved back. We played the other two that didn't play last week at dt. This is the reason. Right or wrong.

msstate7
09-07-2019, 08:20 PM
And Parker.... this is why he moved back. We played the other two that didn't play last week at dt. This is the reason. Right or wrong.

If this is the reason, we probably see autry next week too then, right?

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 08:24 PM
If this is the reason, we probably see autry next week too then, right?

Who knows??? Williams didn't play much if any second half. Our depth was tested but maybe it will be ok. And w Pickering and young getting their feet wet, I don't know. Autry is the best we have and made the most plays but I'd think he'd sit next week. But I don't decide. Like I said weeks ago when peopl started saying we'd sit them for this or that game, coaches don't take much for granted. At least not like fans.

Thick
09-07-2019, 08:29 PM
Autry is a part of it.

HoopsDawg
09-07-2019, 08:59 PM
Autry is a part of it.

Yep seems pretty obvious. Autry HAS to play vs UK. So maybe we will give him off vs KSU and roll the dice. B/C we have a chance to beat Auburn with Autry.

JoseBrown
09-07-2019, 09:17 PM
Don't forget we got Story back today and he played too. Wether that helps or hurts your argument idk, just thought I'd add it to the speculation. And Dolla Bill has 4 to play, but remained suspended. So that's two additional OL we have, but left DB on the suspension.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Autry is a part of it.

Well that does it..:. Everyone will believe it now** haha. People won't believe it until he sits. Is what it is.

Todd4State
09-07-2019, 10:22 PM
I guess we will definitively know by midseaosn because if Autry starts the next five well...

I'm going to guess that Autry isn't a part of tutor gate.

Oddly enough the speculation of all of this is kind of fun. And I hope we never have to deal with this again.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 11:12 PM
I guess we will definitively know by midseaosn because if Autry starts the next five well...

I'm going to guess that Autry isn't a part of tutor gate.

Oddly enough the speculation of all of this is kind of fun. And I hope we never have to deal with this again.

Ok...guess some just need to see to believe. I get it.

Todd4State
09-07-2019, 11:39 PM

It is what it is. My guess is mainly based off the fact that he is a senior and most of the time they don't take freshmen classes.

Doesn't matter who is right or wrong to me.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 11:47 PM
It is what it is. My guess is mainly based off the fact that he is a senior and most of the time they don't take freshmen classes.

Doesn't matter who is right or wrong to me.

I get it. Not trying to make it a right or wrong issue honestly.
The only reason this is an issue is Bc we used Autry today.... but maybe I'm wrong.....

Todd4State
09-07-2019, 11:50 PM
I get it. Not trying to make it a right or wrong issue honestly.
The only reason this is an issue is Bc we used Autry today.... but maybe I'm wrong.....

That's the other part of my guess. To me it doesn't make sense to waste one of his four games on USM. As it has been discussed already.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 11:59 PM
That's the other part of my guess. To me it doesn't make sense to waste one of his four games on USM. As it has been discussed already.

I was shocked honestly. But w the injuries and lack of inexperienced guys on dL and throw in the potential lack of depth this week at ol( meaning moving Jackson to c) i get it. Most don't like it. But I understand what they are trying to do, under terrible conditions for a staff

Goldendawg
09-08-2019, 12:25 AM
We seem to had an unusual number of players dropping left and right after just two games. Think our S&C and summer workouts have been up to par?

Quaoarsking
09-08-2019, 08:32 AM
Is it possible that Autry doesn't really care about getting a master's degree, so he just asked to play in the next 4 games and then he can withdraw from school and focus on the NFL draft?

Todd4State
09-08-2019, 10:01 AM
We seem to had an unusual number of players dropping left and right after just two games. Think our S&C and summer workouts have been up to par?

NO. Anyone else notice USM not cramping up?

Todd4State
09-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Is it possible that Autry doesn't really care about getting a master's degree, so he just asked to play in the next 4 games and then he can withdraw from school and focus on the NFL draft?

Then why not play against ULL too? I would think of that was his focus he would tell them hey play me against the first four SEC teams.

WinningIsRelentless
09-08-2019, 10:11 AM
You play him against USM, K State, KY and Auburn. Those are the 4 run heavy teams that we have the best chance of beating with him. Plus it gives your younger guys time to get more experience and gets you out of the extreme heat with another dL body.

Quaoarsking
09-08-2019, 10:36 AM
Then why not play against ULL too? I would think of that was his focus he would tell them hey play me against the first four SEC teams.

I don't know, I just wonder if a guy who cheats on a 1000 level course is cut out for grad school. Not trying to insult his intelligence or his work ethic, but the grad school professors aren't going to coddle athletes like undergrad ones do. Could be that Autry realized that he just doesn't want to be a master's student (maybe over the last week) so we're going to go ahead and get his 4 games in and then let him withdraw.

Again, just speculation on my part, but it would make a reasonable explanation of why he played yesterday.

Johnson85
09-08-2019, 11:42 AM
I don't know, I just wonder if a guy who cheats on a 1000 level course is cut out for grad school. Not trying to insult his intelligence or his work ethic, but the grad school professors aren't going to coddle athletes like undergrad ones do. Could be that Autry realized that he just doesn't want to be a master's student (maybe over the last week) so we're going to go ahead and get his 4 games in and then let him withdraw.

Again, just speculation on my part, but it would make a reasonable explanation of why he played yesterday.

That makes no sense because he doesn?t have to go to school now. He can quit going to class and the first time he?ll be ineligible will be the bowl game.

There are only 5 possibilities for autry playing yesterday (not all of which are mutually exclusive)

1) his suspension is not 8 games.
2) the coaches decided that we are bad enough and UT, UM, and Ark are bad enough that USM was one of our four swing games. This would probably require that we are writing off LSU, Bama, Auburn, Abilene Christian, UT, Ark, UM, UK as either unwinnable of unloseable with or without autry. I seriously doubt that?s the case.
3). The coaches think younger players will be equal or better than autry by the time we get to the second half of the season.
4) We don?t actually get the flexibility people have claimed when determining who is suspended.
5) Our coaches are morons.

Quaoarsking
09-08-2019, 11:48 AM
That makes no sense because he doesn?t have to go to school now. He can quit going to class and the first time he?ll be ineligible will be the bowl game. .

Some master's courses are 8 weeks, so may have some classes that end in mid-October.

R2Dawg
09-08-2019, 01:01 PM

Yep, unless you work for MSU or coach with Moorhead or something; we are all from Missouri. Talk message board so everyone has an opinion.

What is your insight that he is part of the group? I don't know but him playing yesterday if he is makes no sense to me.