PDA

View Full Version : I like this uniform combo...

MedDawg
09-07-2019, 03:00 PM
White helmet, maroon jersey, white pants.

I actually liked them during the Croom years, but I understand why fans would hate the white helmets from then. These uniforms look better than those in the Croom years, probably because the striping, the Mississippi State logo on the chest, and the simpler ribbon on the MState.

We're back to a more burgundy maroon, though. I think it looks good, but it's not true maroon.

Lord McBuckethead
09-07-2019, 07:12 PM
I like that combo when it is 98 degrees outside. I kind of wished we would have worn all whites, personally.

RocketDawg
09-07-2019, 07:28 PM
White helmet, maroon jersey, white pants.

I actually liked them during the Croom years, but I understand why fans would hate the white helmets from then. These uniforms look better than those in the Croom years, probably because the striping, the Mississippi State logo on the chest, and the simpler ribbon on the MState.

We're back to a more burgundy maroon, though. I think it looks good, but it's not true maroon.

There's only one "true maroon" as I understand it. You'd think manufacturers could get it right. http://www.opa.msstate.edu/identity/assets/msstate_colors.pdf

RougeDawg
09-07-2019, 07:31 PM
Matte white helmets are the best. The shiny logo pops. One of the best combos worn today. Seems that the players like the white helmets. We have worn them a lot more since Joe has been here.

AusTexDawg
09-07-2019, 07:33 PM
Let A&M keep the white lids - that’s more their look. State should stick with the maroon ones, glossy at home and matte on the road, with grey/silver as an alternate

RocketDawg
09-07-2019, 07:36 PM
Let A&M keep the white lids - that’s more their look. State should stick with the maroon ones, glossy at home and matte on the road, with grey/silver as an alternate

White might have been a little cooler on a day like today.

Lord McBuckethead
09-07-2019, 08:08 PM
Yeah. White every game that is over 85 degrees. Its simple fellas.

msstatelp1
09-07-2019, 08:24 PM
I haven't been a fan of the white helmets in the past but I thought today's uniform looked good.

Lord McBuckethead
09-07-2019, 09:00 PM
Yeah. White every game that is over 85 degrees. Its simple fellas.

Tbonewannabe
09-07-2019, 09:56 PM
All white is one of my favorite uniforms but I do like the white matte helmets with the uniform today.

Homedawg
09-07-2019, 09:57 PM
I can't stand white helmets w maroon jerseys. However, the players like different stuff, so I'm all for it!

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-07-2019, 10:04 PM
I haven't been a fan of the white helmets in the past but I thought today's uniform looked good.

Agree completely. I wonder though how much a productive offense had to do with it?