PDA

View Full Version : The bottom line in all this....

Coach34
10-25-2013, 03:40 PM
is we have the next 5 weeks to play out. If Mullen wins 2 more games- he is going to return.

Some of you dont think we are going to win two more games- and I understand that.
Some of you are like me- and hopeful we can win two more games.

This is one of those times where it has to all play out- and we wont know the outcome until Thanksgiving night most likely.

dickiedawg
10-25-2013, 03:47 PM
I fully expect to win two more games. I'm hopeful we can win next weekend as well. If we don't win 2 more, and are not competitive in 2 of the other 3, I'll be on the fence about Mullen's future.

EAVdog
10-25-2013, 03:48 PM
is we have the next 5 weeks to play out. If Mullen wins 2 more games- he is going to return.

Some of you dont think we are going to win two more games- and I understand that.

This is one of those times where it has to all play out- and we wont know the outcome until Thanksgiving night most likely.

If we win 2 and go to a lower tier bowl the Hud crowd won't be happy. I smell 'Stansbury-ish' blood in the water. Especially if Ole Miss goes to a good bowl.

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 03:51 PM
We will beat at minimum Arkansas and Ole Miss.

Coach34
10-25-2013, 03:53 PM
I have no doubt that is the case. But then they will just have to pout as we win 8-9 games in 2014. I for one, will enjoy it.

cheewgumm
10-25-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm not arguing, jsut wondering, we got 7 ...we know who they are. So, you're thinking we beat Auburn at home, and A&M. Is that your 9?

I have no doubt that is the case. But then they will just have to pout as we win 8-9 games in 2014. I for one, will enjoy it.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 03:59 PM
We will beat at minimum Arkansas and Ole Miss.

Sounds a lot like "We will win 8 games this year"

FlabLoser
10-25-2013, 03:59 PM
I can't begin to fathom why we can't play the last 32 minutes of a game like we play the first 28 minutes of games. I'm going to be wooly with the following two wild ass assumptions: 1) we're going to find some consistency, and 2) no more FG or XP attempts for Bell.

SC - W
aTm - L (close, frustrating..we compete with the best of 'em...just can't win the best of 'em)
Bama - L
Arkansas - W
Ole Miss - W

We finish 7-5, same record as Ole Miss. Robert Nkemdiche. Ole Miss gets a better bowl because they didn't schedule a L and because Robert Nkemdiche.

Coach34
10-25-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm not arguing, jsut wondering, we got 7 ...we know who they are. So, you're thinking we beat Auburn at home, and A&M. Is that your 9?

I certainly think we will beat Auburn at home

Dawgface
10-25-2013, 04:04 PM
SC - W
aTm - L (close, frustrating..we compete with the best of 'em...just can't win the best of 'em)
Bama - L
Arkansas - W
Ole Miss - W

We finish 7-5.

If that happens I will be happy and kiss Hud goodbye. Well......make that a wave goodbye.

Thick
10-25-2013, 04:07 PM

We should have AU this year. What's going to change? Our defense should be much better, and Dak and our receivers should be in sync with one another.

Who know's about aTm? Manziel might be gone, and Sumlin might be at USC. Their defense is already bad, so surely that will get better, but if Manziel is gone then the playing field levels off big time. Also LSU and Bama will be breaking in new QBs next year....just saying.

EAVdog
10-25-2013, 04:15 PM
We should have AU this year. What's going to change? Our defense should be much better, and Dak and our receivers should be in sync with one another.

Who know's about aTm? Manziel might be gone, and Sumlin might be at USC. Their defense is already bad, so surely that will get better, but if Manziel is gone then the playing field levels off big time. Also LSU and Bama will be breaking in new QBs next year....just saying.

It sure would have been nice to have a guy like Will Redmond available for the Auburn game this year. I'll go ahead and say it, had he been playing with 12-13 games under his belt we win against Auburn.

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 04:24 PM
You're awful menstrual about us only being 4-3. Sounds like you expected us to win a few more as well. Oops sorry did I expose you yet again?

BulldogBear
10-25-2013, 04:26 PM
I can't begin to fathom why we can't play the last 32 minutes of a game like we play the first 28 minutes of games. I'm going to be wooly with the following two wild ass assumptions: 1) we're going to find some consistency, and 2) no more FG or XP attempts for Bell.

SC - W
Bama - L
Arkansas - W
Ole Miss - W

We finish 7-5, same record as Ole Miss. Robert Nkemdiche. Ole Miss gets a better bowl because they didn't schedule a L and because Robert Nkemdiche.

here, here on the 32 minutes. A little talked about glaring problem is our inability to run out the first half. We always seem to give opponents the ball back with just enough time to get a score and often it makes a huge difference in the way the rest of the game is plaed by both teams

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Ole Miss......they didn't schedule a L

Could have sworn they played at Austin, TX.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 04:33 PM
You're awful menstrual about us only being 4-3. Sounds like you expected us to win a few more as well. Oops sorry did I expose you yet again?

Are you talking to me? If so, no I actually predicted 5 wins, hopefully 6. However, I didn't think we would look this bad getting there. And still not convinced we get to 5.

Not menstrual at all. Just hoping we don't sit around saying "all is well" until we have a full rebuild on our hands a year and half to two years from now. Like we would if you were in charge. We also won't have anything in the cupboard, and no top coaching candidate waiting in the wings. But those are just extra benefits of making the move now.

quickstrike2
10-25-2013, 04:36 PM
I am undecided on how to feel about the head coach situation. I do know this, Mullen is in his 5th year and we have 5 games to win 2. We have some tough opponents, but this is the SEC, its going to be tough. This is Mullen's program and we have his QB Dak running the show, so there is no excuse now. This is the perfect time to show what he is made of and what this team that he built is made of. I think we can get the job done and win two, but if we got out and get embarrassed by more than one of these opponents then I may start to lean towards moving on from Mullen.

FlabLoser
10-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Could have sworn they played at Austin, TX.

I am sure Boone foresaw their extraordinary luck in playing the worst football team Texas has fielded in decades.

hacker
10-25-2013, 04:42 PM
I am sure Boone foresaw their extraordinary luck in playing the worst football team Texas has fielded in decades.

I have no skin in this, but that kind of defeats your point that they didn't schedule a L, and is what Goat is getting at.

fishwater99
10-25-2013, 04:47 PM

So you think we beat Arky and Ole Miss?

preachermatt83
10-25-2013, 05:04 PM

SC - W
Bama - L
Arkansas - W
Ole Miss - W

I hope you are right! But sadly it's delusional.

USC- We will be beaten by 14+
aTm- we get blown out 20+
Bama- another blowout 20+
Arkansas- we win in a close one
OM- We lose, keeping it close until mid-3rd when OM pulls away 10+

then should Mullen be fired?

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Are you talking to me? If so, no I actually predicted 5 wins, hopefully 6. However, I didn't think we would look this bad getting there. And still not convinced we get to 5.

Wait, so you're happy, oh wait, no you're not, oh wait....right.

Not menstrual at all. Just hoping we don't sit around saying "all is well" until we have a full rebuild on our hands a year and half to two years from now. Like we would if you were in charge. We also won't have anything in the cupboard, and no top coaching candidate waiting in the wings. But those are just extra benefits of making the move now.

Exactly how will the cupboard be bare a year or two from now? Mullen hasn't had much attrition it all. Our depth now is better than it has been in many, many years. We are still young in some positions. Plus we've been injured. So, please, show me this impending doom that's coming if, gasp, DAN MULLEN, were to remain our coach.

You guys are a damn riot. You're so green with this whole deal it's hilarious.

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Yes. Flabloser didn't think that one through.

Coach34
10-25-2013, 05:19 PM
So you think we beat Arky and Ole Miss?

absolutely. How could anyone think differently?

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 05:21 PM

You forgot these---->***

Coach34
10-25-2013, 05:28 PM
You forgot these---->***

Not at all

bluelightstar
10-25-2013, 05:43 PM
How could someone think that we might not beat Ole Miss? I can't even wrap my head around how ridiculous that is.

HoopsDawg
10-25-2013, 05:59 PM

This is correct. I hope we finish 6-6 at worst. But I also hope that if we finish 5-7, Stricklin does what he has to do.

hells bells
10-25-2013, 07:45 PM

My opinion and respect yours.
1. State has talent no doubt. Exception one kicker.
2. Coaching is horrible and becoming disgraceful.
3. Call playing, note number 2.
4. No adjustments at the half. The other team does. WTF
5. Mullen has no pressure on him to win. Turn the heat up on him. He and wifey has a sweet ride, needs to understand it can go bye bye.
6. Dido number 5 to Strickland.
7. Coaches need to convince our men they can win, confidence looks low.
8. Last, if the coaches cannot accomplish all above, Your Fired!

Rick Danko
10-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Just curious mostly to those who keep saying it.... What have we shown in any way to make folks so confident we beat Ole Miss... Lord I hope it would be true because their fans are becoming unbearable but at this point I'm thinking no better than 20 point loss

Jack Lambert
10-25-2013, 08:09 PM
I am not on the fence. I do not want Mullen gone at this time. We are not Alabama. Bama, LSU, Ga and Florida will have rebuilding time. Take it they might go one year maybe two before having a 9 to 12 win season. For Miss State and Ole Miss it is a four to five year build to have a 9 to 12 win season. It just takes a little longer for us then them. Our last 9 win season was in 2010 and I am willing to give him until 2014. He just needs to get to bowl games during that period of time. I think Next year is going to be a really good year. We have a lot of guys comming back and the schedule sets up very well to win 9 or 10 games. I am like coach I think we can win two or three more games this year. We really need to get to a bowl game but if not I am not on the fire Mullen wagon. I have been a Miss State fan for a very long time and I have seen a lot of very bad teams and trust me we are living in a Rose Garden compared to MiSS past football history. You don't always up grade and you younger guys better wake up and read some of Miss State football history. I remember watching MSU get smacked around by USM back int the 80's and trust me we got it made now days.

engie
10-25-2013, 08:36 PM

Because we're going to be a 7+ point underdog at home. When was the last game we won as a 7+ point underdog? It was certainly more than 58 games ago when we hired Dan Mullen...

We haven't won as an underdog since when? Florida 2010? And it's a pretty good chance that you are calling for us to do it twice in the final 5 with what we've shown thusfar?

I'm totally confused by you on this. I agreed with you on Stansbury -- on Polk -- and constantly on Cohen/Thompson. Even on Ray. This is the first time I've disagreed. I'm simply not watching the same football team you are, I don't think.

I've seen nothing to lead me to believe we can win any more than 1 of the final 5 in 3+ seasons with Mullen. Are the games themselves winnable? Sure. 4 of 5 are. But not without some major change from this team/coaching staff that I have no reason to expect at this point.

engie
10-25-2013, 08:44 PM
I am not on the fence. I do not want Mullen gone at this time. We are not Alabama. Bama, LSU, Ga and Florida will have rebuilding time. Take it they might go one year maybe two before having a 9 to 12 win season. For Miss State and Ole Miss it is a four to five year build to have a 9 to 12 win season. It just takes a little longer for us then them. Our last 9 win season was in 2010 and I am willing to give him until 2014. He just needs to get to bowl games during that period of time. I think Next year is going to be a really good year. We have a lot of guys comming back and the schedule sets up very well to win 9 or 10 games. I am like coach I think we can win two or three more games this year. We really need to get to a bowl game but if not I am not on the fire Mullen wagon. I have been a Miss State fan for a very long time and I have seen a lot of very bad teams and trust me we are living in a Rose Garden compared to MiSS past football history. You don't always up grade and you younger guys better wake up and read some of Miss State football history. I remember watching MSU get smacked around by USM back int the 80's and trust me we got it made now days.

Alot of guys coming back from a team that got lucky to beat Kentucky at home -- and you are confident that we can go on the road and beat them with them recruiting circles around us? I just don't see it man. Not that we can't win -- just that I don't see how anyone can be confident about it. And that should no doubt be the worst team in the SEC again next year. How can we mark anyone else as a sure victory if not them? Yes, the schedule next year is a thing of beauty -- but let's face facts -- we're regressing right now both on the field and in recruiting while everyone else is getting better. No excuse to be worse in year 5 than in year 1. But we are.

Jack Lambert
10-25-2013, 08:58 PM
How could someone think that we might not beat Ole Miss? I can't even wrap my head around how ridiculous that is.

Someone who is bitter and wants Mullen gone.

Jack Lambert
10-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Alot of guys coming back from a team that got lucky to beat Kentucky at home -- and you are confident that we can go on the road and beat them with them recruiting circles around us? I just don't see it man. Not that we can't win -- just that I don't see how anyone can be confident about it. And that should no doubt be the worst team in the SEC again next year. How can we mark anyone else as a sure victory if not them? Yes, the schedule next year is a thing of beauty -- but let's face facts -- we're regressing right now both on the field and in recruiting while everyone else is getting better. No excuse to be worse in year 5 than in year 1. But we are.

We got what 9 seniors on the team and how many freshman and Sophmores starting for the first time in skill positions that are only going to get better this season, spring parctice and fall practice. Yes I am saying that and I believe we will have a very good season next year. Ky is not going to be any better next year. Yes they might have a good recruiting class this season but how many of them are going to be ready? While all these young WR and CB we have are only going to get better.

You see a bad game last night. I see a team that bold up in the end after some adversities that got the game close and win. Excuse me or not being the guy that all I see is bad.

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 09:12 PM
as long as we keep being disappointed about ugly wins I'll be happy.

DownwardDawg
10-25-2013, 09:12 PM

There will be no pouting from this Hud fan if we win 8 or 9 next year. I'll be as happy as anyone, but I'll want to continue to win 8 or 9.

DownwardDawg
10-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Someone who is bitter and wants Mullen gone.

I just don't see what the hell yall are talking about? Really? We are bitter and want Mullen gone so we think ole miss will beat us? I've watched ole miss play. They are playing much better football than us right now. It hurts to say that but I don't see any way we will even hang with ole miss for 3 quarters unless something seriously changes between now and then.

Jack Lambert
10-25-2013, 09:25 PM
as long as we keep being disappointed about ugly wins I'll be happy.

The previous three coaches would have lost that game last night. It was ugly but as long as we win I will be happy but even if we lose I am taking it for what it is, football and I am going to enjoy watching football and after getting home late last night I went to bed and had a good nights sleep and had a very good day today.

engie
10-25-2013, 09:27 PM
There will be no pouting from this Hud fan if we win 8 or 9 next year. I'll be as happy as anyone, but I'll want to continue to win 8 or 9.

Bingo.

Why are people trying to act like we've got some sort of personal agenda against Mullen and for Hud? That's ****ing ridiculous.

We simply see it going in the wrong direction -- and are saying what we think is the best solution to turn it around. NO ONE will be "pouting" if we win 9 next year -- just like no one will be "pouting" if we manage to win 6 or 7 this year. Just live up to REASONABLE expectations and play hard. That's all we're asking. And for 13 games now, we have not gotten it but once for 4 quarters(Troy). That's inexfriggingcusable. Effort's gone. Fundamentals gone. And our own coach is sabotaging our success during games. And we're "pouting" for not being happy about it?

Win 5 this year and get blown out by OM when we should have won 7 -- keep Mullen -- put up a shit recruiting class -- bring him back to win 6 next year when we should have won 9 for the 3rd straight OM blowout on the road -- for another shit recruiting class -- and you are damn right I'm pissed -- and will probably stop coming to message boards during football -- because I'll be an insufferable MF.

Jack Lambert
10-25-2013, 09:28 PM
I just don't see what the hell yall are talking about? Really? We are bitter and want Mullen gone so we think ole miss will beat us? I've watched ole miss play. They are playing much better football than us right now. It hurts to say that but I don't see any way we will even hang with ole miss for 3 quarters unless something seriously changes between now and then.

It's the Ole Miss vs State rivalry and itis a home. Bottom line. You watched that LSU game and said damn ole miss is good. I watched it and say LSU just did not take them as seriously as they did Miss State and got caught napping.

engie
10-25-2013, 09:36 PM
I watched every game they've played -- and every game we've played -- and I'm telling you right now, we will be a rightful moderate underdog in the game. If it was happening today, it would be 7-10 points. We haven't won against that spread in 58 games under Mullen.

Coach34
10-25-2013, 09:40 PM
LSU was playing their 4th straight tough game with 3 of them on the road- Georgia, State, Florida, and then Ole Miss. They just didnt bring the energy early.

Schultzy
10-26-2013, 07:41 AM

UM plays lsu well every year and gets up for them. We are bitching about winning a game that we played poorly in. Everyone wants to talk about Direction all of the time but direction changes weekly and certainly yearly in college football. Mullen is not even being considered being fired by anyone but emotional mouth breathing thirty year olds. He needs to improve as a game manager but he has recruited better than he is given credit for. He recruited Dak but needs to recruit mor OL's.
We may finish well or poorly this year, who knows, but he ain't on any real hot seat til next year and it's gonna be a full year with his kind of QB.

I seen it dawg
10-26-2013, 08:22 AM
I hope I'm wrong but he is Stains 2.0. He has hit his ceiling. You remove him and Hevesy and our recruiting will get better. I haven't heard one person come up with a "Dan may be a shitty game coach (which he is) but at least we get the players under him" comment like at least Stains got. And the same argument holds true...it doesn't matter if you can recruit well if you and your staff suck at coaching. You will beat the cupcakes and lose to any team with a pulse.

We don't need just good enough on the sidelines we need somebody that can ****ing coach. Even if we make another bowl I want him out because we could be much better at recruiting and more importantly light years better at actual coaching (which makes recruiting better in and of itself). This whole let's see what he does with next yrs players and schedule is the same path we went down with Stains and we see what that dumpster fire ended up like. Fire him.

cheewgumm
10-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Exactly what is going to happen. The good news is Mullen would have to leave under this scenario... We still wouldn't fire him even after this.

Win 5 this year and get blown out by OM when we should have won 7 -- keep Mullen -- put up a shit recruiting class -- bring him back to win 6 next year when we should have won 9 for the 3rd straight OM blowout on the road -- for another shit recruiting class -- and you are damn right I'm pissed -- and will probably stop coming to message boards during football -- because I'll be an insufferable MF.[/QUOTE]

Coach 57
10-26-2013, 09:05 AM
I hope you are right! But sadly it's delusional.

USC- We will be beaten by 14+
aTm- we get blown out 20+
Bama- another blowout 20+
Arkansas- we win in a close one
OM- We lose, keeping it close until mid-3rd when OM pulls away 10+

then should Mullen be fired?

Faith is the opposite of fear. No faith means fear. Only one thing to fear, The Lord as it brings understanding & knowledge. Keep your fear, I'll keep my faith.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2013, 09:29 AM
It's the Ole Miss vs State rivalry and itis a home. Bottom line. You watched that LSU game and said damn ole miss is good. I watched it and say LSU just did not take them as seriously as they did Miss State and got caught napping.

No. I watched the OM/LSU game and saw LSU play as bad as they could possibly play. Miles was an idiot and Mett was horrible. However, I saw Bo Wallace look as good as he ever has and I saw them play with relentless effort without some very key starters. If we were without Autry, Chris Jones, and PJ Jones, we wouldn't stand a chance against anybody. That's basically what the ole miss D line looked like that night. LSU should have stomped them since they had so many people out but Freeze prepared them and they played like I wish we would play.
I also saw ole miss play Vandy, Texas, and aTm. They are a better football team right now. They are competing with the LSU's and aTm's of the SEC. We are competing with Kentucky and.....well, Kentucky. It makes me sick!! I ****in HATE ole miss. I wish the school would get sucked into a sink hole.

cheewgumm
10-26-2013, 09:39 AM
You're right dude. No objective person looks at us and ole miss right now and thinks we're even.

No. I watched the OM/LSU game and saw LSU play as bad as they could possibly play. Miles was an idiot and Mett was horrible. However, I saw Bo Wallace look as good as he ever has and I saw them play with relentless effort without some very key starters. If we were without Autry, Chris Jones, and PJ Jones, we wouldn't stand a chance against anybody. That's basically what the ole miss D line looked like that night. LSU should have stomped them since they had so many people out but Freeze prepared them and they played like I wish we would play.
I also saw ole miss play Vandy, Texas, and aTm. They are a better football team right now. They are competing with the LSU's and aTm's of the SEC. We are competing with Kentucky and.....well, Kentucky. It makes me sick!! I ****in HATE ole miss. I wish the school would get sucked into a sink hole.

hacker
10-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Faith is the opposite of fear. No faith means fear. Only one thing to fear, The Lord as it brings understanding & knowledge. Keep your fear, I'll keep my faith.

what

Actually, no faith is the opposite of faith. Your soundbite sounds good, but it's simply not true.

Maroonthirteen
10-26-2013, 09:50 AM
. . I have been a Miss State fan for a very long time and I have seen a lot of very bad teams and trust me we are living in a Rose Garden compared to MiSS past football history. You don't always up grade and you younger guys better wake up and read some of Miss State football history. I remember watching MSU get smacked around by USM back int the 80's and trust me we got it made now days.

I agree. I was around back in the day too. While I get frustrated losing most of the SEC games, I remember losing them all....OOC too!

While we have separated ourselves from our former CUSA rivals, the top of the SEC has separated itself from the bottom of the SEC. Mullen has done a good job.

Also people wanting to fire coaches on a weekly basis, need to remember how long it took Alabama after Stallings to get to Saban....UT is still not where they were under Fulmer. UF followed Spurrier with Zook....Zook!!!!! Maybe we get lucky and land HUD but we need to appreciate the one that brought us this far. If we get to 6 wins, that is good season for MSU....history says.

cheewgumm
10-26-2013, 10:05 AM
We're doomed. We're gonna beat 4 panzies, Kentucky and vandy and our fan base response is "good job"?

If that is the case then yeah keep Mullen... Haha . He'll , sign him up for a lifetime contract. All fans who want more... Start following someone else.

I agree. I was around back in the day too. While I get frustrated losing most of the SEC games, I remember losing them all....OOC too!

While we have separated ourselves from our former CUSA rivals, the top of the SEC has separated itself from the bottom of the SEC. Mullen has done a good job.

Also people wanting to fire coaches on a weekly basis, need to remember how long it took Alabama after Stallings to get to Saban....UT is still not where they were under Fulmer. UF followed Spurrier with Zook....Zook!!!!! Maybe we get lucky and land HUD but we need to appreciate the one that brought us this far. If we get to 6 wins, that is good season for MSU....history says.

bluelightstar
10-26-2013, 10:07 AM
We're doomed. We're gonna beat 4 panzies, Kentucky and vandy and our fan base response is "good job"?

If that is the case then yeah keep Mullen... Haha . He'll , sign him up for a lifetime contract. All fans who want more... Start following someone else.

+1.

That attitude from some of our fans literally makes me sick.

I seen it dawg
10-26-2013, 10:23 AM

History is just that..history. The people that hold on to this way of thinking are the people that hold our program back. That group of people suck ass. Please leave. It's a damn sad sack, we are little ole MState way of thinking that kills our school. I'm damn sure glad Cohen doesn't think that way. You people need to get on that thinking bandwagon and get off the woe is me apathetic shit. Piss the hell off. Go root for your local junior college and get the F out of here. You people make me sick.

Coach34
10-26-2013, 10:23 AM
You're right dude. No objective person looks at us and ole miss right now and thinks we're even.

And Ole Miss was gonna beat Auburn by 2 TD's too

We don't have to be even with them to beat them in Sville. Venue is worth 2 TD's in this rivalry

cheewgumm
10-26-2013, 10:27 AM
And ole miss had no shot at beating Texas...we've all been wrong.

We don't have to be even with them to beat them in Sville. Venue is worth 2 TD's in this rivalry

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2013, 10:34 AM

So next year is an automatic L with Bama, LSU, a&m. We will have to upset Aub to get to 7 wins.

Coach34
10-26-2013, 10:36 AM
So next year is an automatic L with Bama, LSU, a&m. We will have to upset Aub to get to 7 wins.

Wont be much of an upset for us to beat Auburn at home- Why would A&M be an auto-loss? They lose Manziel and the best WR in the country

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2013, 10:48 AM
Wont be much of an upset for us to beat Auburn at home- Why would A&M be an auto-loss? They lose Manziel and the best WR in the country

Don't they recruit like Bama and LSU? What makes you think we can beat them? Malzahn has a guy that was a DB at UGA and has lost one game. Why would they not improve?

Getting DOMINATED in the 2nd half doesn't lead to wins over good teams. I hope like hell Mullen figures it out but I am tired of coming out the 2nd half and praying we can hold on to a win.

engie
10-26-2013, 10:49 AM

People overlook the VASTLY different money situation today. The gap between the haves and have nots is wider than it's ever been -- and for the first time in our history -- we're on the side of the haves -- and we are there permanently.

The days of SEC teams losing OOC games to non-"big 5" teams is basically over and done with. It'll still happen once every 20 games or so -- but it should hardly ever define keeping or firing a coach...

engie
10-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Don't they recruit like Bama and LSU? What makes you think we can beat them? Malzahn has a guy that was a DB at UGA and has lost one game. Why would they not improve?
Bingo. We can't collectively see the forest for the trees. Auburn is starting and playing true freshmen at 3 of the 4 DL spots, among others. This year was our best opportunity to beat Malzahn with Ellis Johnson. They don't have the personnel in place yet across the board -- but next year they will be alot closer.

Getting DOMINATED in the 2nd half doesn't lead to wins over good teams. I hope like hell Mullen figures it out but I am tired of coming out the 2nd half and praying we can hold on to a win.
Agreed

Coach34
10-26-2013, 10:59 AM

I'm going under the premise that our team, with 16 starters returning and alot of depth, will be much better in 2014

That'sone reason we are playing so many young players this year- to get them ready for next year

bluelightstar
10-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Again, we'll probably have no shot in our road SEC games except against Kentucky. Then I have serious doubts Mullen will beat Malzahn or Sumlin at home. Probably a 7-5 season and another "hey, just wait til Dakota's senior year. Then we will finally be good enough to stay within 2 touchdowns of a good team."

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm going under the premise that our team, with 16 starters returning and alot of depth, will be much better in 2014

That'sone reason we are playing so many young players this year- to get them ready for next year

We have been outscored by BG and UK in the 2nd half. How are we going to improve to the point to beat UM, A&M, and Aub?

engie
10-26-2013, 11:15 AM

So, a couple fewer than Auburn then?

They bring back 11 starters on offense (if they line up with a halfback, that starter is gone -- so 10 in that case). They bring back between 6-9 starters on defense(Daniel, Adams, and Lawson not officially listed as starters, but exactly like Chris Jones, they damn sure play most of the snaps). They basically only lose a CB and SS as consistent "starters" on their ENTIRE TEAM.

Coach34
10-26-2013, 11:33 AM
We have been outscored by BG and UK in the 2nd half. How are we going to improve to the point to beat UM, A&M, and Aub?

By continuing to outscore them enough in the 1st half

Coach34
10-26-2013, 11:36 AM
So, a couple fewer than Auburn then?

They bring back 11 starters on offense (if they line up with a halfback, that starter is gone -- so 10 in that case). They bring back between 6-9 starters on defense(Daniel, Adams, and Lawson not officially listed as starters, but exactly like Chris Jones, they damn sure play most of the snaps). They basically only lose a CB and SS as consistent "starters" on their ENTIRE TEAM.

ok- it took them until the last second to beat us on their field. Next year will be our turn

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2013, 11:52 AM
ok- it took them until the last second to beat us on their field. Next year will be our turn

Better hope it isn't a fg to win.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2013, 12:05 PM

That was week 3 coach. they would beat us by 2 touchdowns if we played this weekend.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Again, we'll probably have no shot in our road SEC games except against Kentucky. Then I have serious doubts Mullen will beat Malzahn or Sumlin at home. Probably a 7-5 season and another "hey, just wait til Dakota's senior year. Then we will finally be good enough to stay within 2 touchdowns of a good team."

Since when is 7-5 not a good season at MSU? Do you expect us to average 9-10 wins per year? If so, I would like a detailed explanation of why that is reasonable?

I've said it before, I expect us to be in a bowl game year in and year out. Once we establish that as a baseline, then and only then, should we start getting pissed off for not winning 8-10 games every year. I do understand the frustrations and I also want to feel that we are more competitive than it feels we have been lately. But I am willing to see how it plays out this year and next.

Schultzy
10-26-2013, 12:16 PM
That was week 3 coach. they would beat us by 2 touchdowns if we played this weekend.

Not the way Dak is improving every week.

BulldogBear
10-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Yes, anyone can see UMiss is playing better RIGHT NOW, but the huge middle pack in SEC ebbs and flows from week to week. And Coach is right about HFA. Ole MIss is little better than us as a whole but the HFA may be the difference. Quit giving them the Egg in October.

CadaverDawg
10-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes, anyone can see UMiss is playing better RIGHT NOW, but the huge middle pack in SEC ebbs and flows from week to week. And Coach is right about HFA. Ole MIss is little better than us as a whole but the HFA may be the difference. Quit giving them the Egg in October.

The fans aren't giving them shit. Our coach and his lack of give a damn is what will give them the Egg.

Coach34
10-26-2013, 12:33 PM

that's a huge load of bullshit. Just because you make something up doesnt make it true. Dak would give them hell right now

civildawg
10-26-2013, 12:34 PM

SC - W
Bama - L
Arkansas - W
Ole Miss - W

I haven't read whole thread but how in the hell do you think this will happen after what you saw Thursday night and frankly all year. Take the maroon glasses off

CadaverDawg
10-26-2013, 12:35 PM
that's a huge load of bullshit. Just because you make something up doesnt make it true. Dak would give them hell right now

Not saying he's right or wrong, but considering they are getting better every week, while we are getting worse....it's not a huge stretch to say that

Political Hack
10-26-2013, 12:42 PM
we will be prepared for the egg bowl.

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2013, 12:51 PM
UM will load the box. Their DBS held LSU in check, what do you think they will do with our wrs. We have like 3 TDS this year in the 2nd half, do you think Dak can out score them by just scoring in the 1st half. Fgs are a roll of the dice all the time.

FlabLoser
10-26-2013, 12:57 PM
LSU played their worst game in years. We will play with our hair on fire.

Coach34
10-26-2013, 01:05 PM
UM will load the box. Their DBS held LSU in check,.

It's one game- stop looking at everything in a vaccuum. Why dont people load the box against us in the 1st half if that is all it takes? It's much more involved than just loading the box.

Hell, Nick Marshall ran for 140 on them- does that mean Dakota will run for 175 against them?

preachermatt83
10-26-2013, 01:53 PM
It's one game- stop looking at everything in a vaccuum. Why dont people load the box against us in the 1st half if that is all it takes? It's much more involved than just loading the box.

Hell, Nick Marshall ran for 140 on them- does that mean Dakota will run for 175 against them?

we we win only one more game and get beaten by 10+ by OM will you then admit that you are wrong?

MarketingBully01
10-26-2013, 01:56 PM
If we finish at least 6-6 with a win over Ole Miss, will you admit you are wrong? See it works both ways.

Coach34
10-26-2013, 01:58 PM
we we win only one more game and get beaten by 10+ by OM will you then admit that you are wrong?

Absolutely. I'm completely on record as saying we will win the EG

And I hope you do the same.

TrapGame
10-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Winning the EB this year would be on the lines of 2009 in that we recapture some kind of spark and look forward to 2014 with an easier schedule and Dak at the wheel.

engie
10-26-2013, 02:21 PM
LSU played their worst game in years. We will play with our hair on fire.

Why does this never happen for us? You make your own luck.

engie
10-26-2013, 02:29 PM

The freshman Eupora WR 'croot Mullen told he wasn't good enough for MSU shut down Mike Evans the week before. That's not looking at things in a vacuum. It's a simple fact. He's limited the hell out of arguably the 2 best receivers in the SEC and been borderline total lock down.

I hope Dak runs all over them. But they are going Joe Lee in the box just like last year, and when we didn't have room to run anywhere, I don't trust our coaches a damn bit to gameplan for it and start calling screens and quick slants. I've just seen too much evidence to the contrary at this point. Again -- I hope like hell I'm wrong.

Goat Holder
10-26-2013, 03:16 PM
because I'll be an insufferable MF.

That ship has sailed, squirt.

engie
10-26-2013, 03:21 PM
That ship has sailed, squirt.

Squirt?

Go pop your happy pill ****stick -- and keep telling me about the sunshine outside while it's raining.

See my username? It's my first and only one anywhere. Insufferable = managing the impossible task of being banned on the Pack 35 times.