PDA

View Full Version : Stadium beer sales ---- what do you think?

Rick Cleveland
09-06-2019, 09:13 AM
Here's my take:

https://mississippitoday.org/2019/09/06/beer-and-light-wine-sales-at-college-games-some-dive-in-others-stay-dry-with-a-wink/

Bigedawg
09-06-2019, 09:58 AM
I think State is dropping the ball. I guess they felt the logistics of getting everything in place was too much. I agree that next fall we will definitely see sales at all major sporting events on campus.

IngomarDawg
09-06-2019, 10:10 AM
I just don't see the argument against alcohol sales in the stadium. You nailed it on the head by saying people who want to drink in the stadium are going to find a way to do it, so in my opinion, selling them beer instead of them smuggling whiskey in their boot, is the best option.

FriarsPoint
09-06-2019, 10:16 AM
I’ll have a beer or 12, but I’m not going to stand in line for 20 minutes and miss the game. That can wait until I get back to the cooler.

Maroonthirteen
09-06-2019, 10:31 AM
I’ve been to concerts, pro athletic events and a few Memphis tiger games, where beer was served. I didn’t notice any problems that you wouldn’t see at a SEC game prior to this season.

The only negative in all this.... will be my pocket book taking a hit on $8-13 beers.

Randolph Dupree
09-06-2019, 03:23 PM
It is disappointing that MSU is lagging behind on this. Not necessarily because I need a drink during the game (I never drink during) but it is missed revenue.

Also, FWIW, I think the State is dropping the ball by not allowing liquor sales on Sundays, particularly within 30 miles of the state line.

Cooterpoot
09-06-2019, 03:40 PM
Dry counties and blue laws need to end and beer should be offered at college games. Do away with ABC too. It’s a racket. Then legalize weed, at least medicinally. MS is ridiculous.

RocketDawg
09-06-2019, 04:21 PM
I couldn't care less if they have beer available or not. I wonder if they'll have beer sales in the club levels.

SaintDawg
09-06-2019, 05:36 PM
Sell beer and wine at the Dude when baseball season starts to try it out. If it does well there, competing with the LFL with no major issues then give it the green light everywhere else. My 2 cents.

Dawgtini
09-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Dry counties and blue laws need to end and beer should be offered at college games. Do away with ABC too. It’s a racket. Then legalize weed, at least medicinally. MS is ridiculous.
This. They need to reverse it. State declares it legal anywhere in the state and make the counties and cities get voted to limit it. The current way is arduous and rife with corruption.

was21
09-07-2019, 07:00 AM
Pretty much a non issue...sell it or not sell it. Nobody is going to get drunk on $8 miller lite and cause havoc

Coursesuper
09-07-2019, 09:42 AM
Dry counties and blue laws need to end and beer should be offered at college games. Do away with ABC too. It?s a racket. Then legalize weed, at least medicinally. MS is ridiculous.

You are a man after my own heart. Well said, but I fear our state is entirely to assbackwards to ever figure it out.