PDA

View Full Version : Baseball #6 in BA rankings...

Skydawg1
09-05-2019, 09:21 PM
https://hailstate.com/news/2019/9/5/baseball-tabbed-no-6-in-baseball-americas-recruiting-rankings.aspx

Vandy
Ole Miss
Florida
TCU
UCLA
Mississippi State
LSU

BeardoMSU
09-05-2019, 09:29 PM
Lol at OM. Enjoy getting bounced as a 2 seed. #1 class. #2 class. Rinse. Repeat.

Todd4State
09-05-2019, 09:36 PM
They have Logan Tanner, Davis Rokose, and KC Hunt rated way too low.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2019, 09:37 PM
They have Logan Tanner, Davis Rokose, and KC Hunt rated way too low.

How likely are we to actually sign our guys?

Skydawg1
09-05-2019, 09:37 PM
Lol at OM. Enjoy getting bounced as a 2 seed. #1 class. #2 class. Rinse. Repeat.Hope so. It's depressing seeing Vandy just absolutely reload. It's encouraging to be ahead (by 1 spot) of Mangina. I'll take it.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2019, 09:40 PM
Hope so. It's depressing seeing Vandy just absolutely reload. It's encouraging to be ahead (by 1 spot) of Mangina. I'll take it.

True. Vandy's advantage in Baseball is insane. Even considering they've won championships recently, any year they at least don't make it to Omaha (and go deep) is a massive underachievement, considering all their advantages.

Homedawg
09-05-2019, 09:41 PM
This is the class that's here.

BrunswickDawg
09-05-2019, 09:41 PM

This is the post- enrollment ranking of the 2019 class - so our chances are 100%

AlSwearengen
09-05-2019, 09:49 PM
How does olemiss continue to convince these kids? They have shit as far as actual results, yet they stay at the top of the recruiting rankings.

Skydawg1
09-05-2019, 10:13 PM
How does olemiss continue to convince these kids? They have shit as far as actual results, yet they stay at the top of the recruiting rankings.Bianco to a recruit: "Hey, my own kid didn't even get an offer"

Todd4State
09-05-2019, 11:41 PM
How does olemiss continue to convince these kids? They have shit as far as actual results, yet they stay at the top of the recruiting rankings.

I dislike Ole Miss as much as anyone.

However, they have been a consistent winning team for 20 years now in the SEC. Their results are "good" even if they aren't s good as ours.

Getting Jerrion Ealy also helps quite a bit.

That said- they had the number one class three years ago but the next two weren't nearly as good. And then you have this one. We've actually been mostly out recruiting them in the rankings.

ZedFedder
09-06-2019, 05:55 AM
I could be wrong on this, but I also think OM signed a crap ton of guys this year, too. I don’t know if number of recruits play much into it.

timotheus
09-06-2019, 07:07 AM
They had several holes to fill and as a result, Bianco really hit up the juco ranks for power hitters and pitchers too. It will be interesting to see how many of the juco guys end up starting as a position guy and logging innings on the mound. They have a wide open competition for several spots.

Saltydog
09-06-2019, 08:17 AM
We know they haven't been "out recruiting" us if you look at actual on field results. Even in rankings, I don't see how they out recruit us.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2019, 09:14 AM

The country club attracts suburban soft kids that have been travel ball savants & attended most of the Perfect Game showcases. Thus they just end up being ranked higher.

However, because they are soft suburban kids that are close to their peak as a player, they don't really get much better.

I wouldn't put much stock in these rankings outside of them being a guideline or if someone got a kid to campus that turned down $1 mil+ in the draft last year.

Ole Miss' ranking is being carried by Jerrion Ealy, but I wouldn't worry about him. He can't hit. Regardless if he's the #12 overall player from Perfect Game last year, he ain't hitting over .250 for Ole Miss at anytime in the next 2 years.