PDA

View Full Version : Dak's Contract

Lord McBuckethead
09-05-2019, 04:28 PM
Look I hate hold outs, but when is it time for Dak to hold out to get paid. I mean, they should have done this before last season to be honest. It also would have saved them a ton of money over the life of the contract.

Seems to me, everyone wants this done prior to Sunday's kickoff. So why not just get it done. 112 guaranteed Jerry. 6 year deal. Lets get it done.

vv83
09-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Look I hate hold outs, but when is it time for Dak to hold out to get paid. I mean, they should have done this before last season to be honest. It also would have saved them a ton of money over the life of the contract.

Seems to me, everyone wants this done prior to Sunday's kickoff. So why not just get it done. 112 guaranteed Jerry. 6 year deal. Lets get it done.

Imagine starting this thread 3 years ago. Crazy

DancingRabbit
09-05-2019, 04:47 PM
That guaranteed is a huge number. Probably the sticking point. Most of the seemingly rational predictions over the summer were in the $80-85M range, or so I thought.

Maybe we'll see Jerry announce it tonight.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Imagine starting this thread 3 years ago. Crazy

It is, and its its awesome.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-05-2019, 05:05 PM
That guaranteed is a huge number. Probably the sticking point. Most of the seemingly rational predictions over the summer were in the $80-85M range, or so I thought.

Maybe we'll see Jerry announce it tonight.

He's not taking less than a $100mil guaranteed & that # is likely closer to $105-110mil.

WSOPdawg
09-05-2019, 05:48 PM
There's an unwritten rule in the NFL that the QB doesn't hold out so that his leadership is always present with the team. I may be wrong, but can anyone tell us when was the last time an NFL QB held out over a contract dispute given that his contract hasn't expired?

Schultzy
09-05-2019, 05:56 PM
I wonder what a one year guaranteed would be, but some NFL Network guy was saying Dak should just play this season under current contract and he would be signing for way north of 30 mil by mid season.

Tbonewannabe
09-05-2019, 06:02 PM
He's not taking less than a $100mil guaranteed & that # is likely closer to $105-110mil.

I believe Wentz got $107 Mil and Goff got $110 Mil guaranteed. Dak shouldn't take less than Wentz.

DancingRabbit
09-05-2019, 06:04 PM

Yeah, I was talking pre-Wentz.

Lord McBuckethead
09-05-2019, 08:27 PM
There is zero reasons why he shouldn't get 112 guaranteed and around a 6 year deal. Just wait until you see Julio's contract and what that is going to do to Amari

deadheaddawg
09-05-2019, 08:45 PM
The truth is if Dak is worth $100 million guaranteed he will not sit out. He's the quarterback. He is the leader.

A $100 QB leads his team.

And I think daks worth it. I think he's a leader

JoseBrown
09-05-2019, 11:34 PM
He's for sure worth it. He's been there every day, he's taken teammates out of town to bond, he's doing everything and then some the other QBs are doing to help get his team ready to win. I'm with you, if he ain't worth it, IDK who is.... NFL Network earlier was saying low 30's and 100 guaranteed should be done. I agree, We agree, Get it done Jerrah...

Lord McBuckethead
09-06-2019, 08:45 AM
He's for sure worth it. He's been there every day, he's taken teammates out of town to bond, he's doing everything and then some the other QBs are doing to help get his team ready to win. I'm with you, if he ain't worth it, IDK who is.... NFL Network earlier was saying low 30's and 100 guaranteed should be done. I agree, We agree, Get it done Jerrah...

Low 30s and 100 million is the market. Jerry and Dak knows it.

MaroonBelle
09-06-2019, 10:49 AM
I encourage everyone to go watch this Witten press scrum from yesterday. Go to 8:35 and listen to him like a proud father talk about Dak for at least 3 minutes. This isn't just a sound bite that can be tossed away because "well, what do you expect him to say" when asked about Dak. I think you'll see like I did that it's not just that he likes Dak but he truly respects him as a QB and as a man. To get that from someone like Witten just speaks to everything that Dak is about. I think he's gonna have a really big year and I am so here for it.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/players-jason-witten-i-know-that-i-m-ready

WinningIsRelentless
09-06-2019, 11:00 AM
The issue the cowboys have with Dak is the above mention qbs had years left on their contracts thus the cap hit isn?t as big as it appears. With Dak on a small rookie deal the cap issue is huge and can?t as easily be worked out.

Lord McBuckethead
09-06-2019, 11:10 AM
Also another reason why Jerry not getting this done last year was stupid.

RiverCityDawg
09-06-2019, 11:16 AM
I believe Wentz got $107 Mil and Goff got $110 Mil guaranteed. Dak shouldn't take less than Wentz.

Those were the reported numbers when the deals were announced but reports have since come out that Wentz is really getting around 65 fully guaranteed. We'll see about Goff but it's also likely to be considerably below what was reported. With that said, I fully expect Dak's contract will be reported as having guaranteed money up to $110 mil and somewhere around $33 mil annually.

Tbonewannabe
09-06-2019, 11:55 AM
Those were the reported numbers when the deals were announced but reports have since come out that Wentz is really getting around 65 fully guaranteed. We'll see about Goff but it's also likely to be considerably below what was reported. With that said, I fully expect Dak's contract will be reported as having guaranteed money up to $110 mil and somewhere around $33 mil annually.

I think what skewed those numbers is that both guys have around $30 Mil left on this year and next year whereas Dak has around $2 Mil for this year and that is it. Goff signed his 5th year extension for $22 Mil which I think is fully guaranteed.