PDA

View Full Version : Listening to Finebaum, and Missouri fan just called in...

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Pissed off and upset that his Mizzou Tigers weren't getting respect they deserved. Poor guy was going on and on about how good their players were at each position and how all of these teams were blaming injuries on losing to Mizzou, etc.

It reminded me of being a State fan in this conference a little bit. I wanted to call the guy and tell him to be prepared for the ass kickings his team will likely endure now that they are demanding respect.

Of course, Finebaum told him that in order to get respect in this league you have to keep winning, and ultimately beat Bama in Atlanta

BulldogBear
10-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Was just thinking that when I saw your thread CD. Oh but wait....you mean 5th bcs isn't respect? Heheh. Just goes to show how much more perception within our own conference matters than national perception. But, some ppl would rather "rule in hell." They go to schools in B1G, ACC, Big 12, etc. ;)

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Mizzou is having a very similar season as us last year. They are catching teams at the right time. They are one win away from clinching the East. They aren't a great team though and nowhere near the top 4 in the BCS (Mizzou is #5).

dawgs
10-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Mizzou is having a very similar season as us last year. They are catching teams at the right time. They are one win away from clinching the East. They aren't a great team though and nowhere near the top 4 in the BCS (Mizzou is #5).

i wouldn't say they are like us last year. the teams we beat to start 7-0 weren't all that great even going into the season, most of us predicted us to beat them to start 7-0. 6-1 at worst. they are catching some quality teams completely beat up (uga, fla, now usc this week), but those were supposed to be like the teams we faced in games 8-12 last year, and we got our asses handed to us to the tune of 1-4. they already beat 2 of their preseason toughest opponents, and they have 2 left (usc, a&m). to be like us last year, we'd have had to beat a lsu, bama, and/or a&m because they were decimated by injuries, not lose to them at relative full strength like we did.

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Just a bet between me and you but I see Mizzou going 1-4 the rest of the way in. They'll lose to USC, Tennessee, aTm and Ole Miss.

msstate7
10-25-2013, 05:52 PM
I think Missouri is damn good. I think they may run the table

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 05:59 PM
We'll soon see. If they go 1-4 watch their fanbase push out Pinkel just like ours.

Thick
10-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Just a bet between me and you but I see Mizzou going 1-4 the rest of the way in. They'll lose to USC, Tennessee, aTm and Ole Miss.

I don't know their defense is pretty good....28 sacks in 7 games ain't bad. They are playing with a chip on their shoulder too.

hells bells
10-25-2013, 06:43 PM
Pissed off and upset that his Mizzou Tigers weren't getting respect they deserved. Poor guy was going on and on about how good their players were at each position and how all of these teams were blaming injuries on losing to Mizzou, etc.

It reminded me of being a State fan in this conference a little bit. I wanted to call the guy and tell him to be prepared for the ass kickings his team will likely endure now that they are demanding respect.

Of course, Finebaum told him that in order to get respect in this league you have to keep winning, and ultimately beat Bama in Atlanta

Was Finebaum talking in the mic or getting ready to blow Saban.

paco
10-25-2013, 07:14 PM
Why torture yourself listening to finebaum?