PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown is nuts.. What a cancer..

fishwater99
09-05-2019, 12:42 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27543780/sources-raiders-suspend-ab-tiff-gm

Antonio Brown and Raiders general manager Mike Mayock got into a heated exchange Wednesday, and the team is now planning to suspend its star wide receiver, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The confrontation, according to Schefter, stemmed from Brown's Instagram post Wednesday when he displayed a letter from Mayock that detailed about $54,000 in fines for missing time during training camp.

A source tells ESPN's Josina Anderson that Brown and Mayock got into the argument during Wednesday's practice in front of the team.

AB reacts to fines from Raiders, has new helmet
In the letter, Mayock informed Brown that he was being fined $13,950 for missing a walk-through on Aug. 22, an unexcused absence. The letter also mentions that the team previously had fined Brown $40,000 for missing camp on Aug. 18 -- the day the GM issued his ultimatum to Brown, saying, "It's time for him to be all-in or all-out, OK?"

TUSK
09-05-2019, 12:46 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27543780/sources-raiders-suspend-ab-tiff-gm

Antonio Brown and Raiders general manager Mike Mayock got into a heated exchange Wednesday, and the team is now planning to suspend its star wide receiver, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The confrontation, according to Schefter, stemmed from Brown's Instagram post Wednesday when he displayed a letter from Mayock that detailed about $54,000 in fines for missing time during training camp.

A source tells ESPN's Josina Anderson that Brown and Mayock got into the argument during Wednesday's practice in front of the team.

AB reacts to fines from Raiders, has new helmet
In the letter, Mayock informed Brown that he was being fined $13,950 for missing a walk-through on Aug. 22, an unexcused absence. The letter also mentions that the team previously had fined Brown $40,000 for missing camp on Aug. 18 -- the day the GM issued his ultimatum to Brown, saying, "It's time for him to be all-in or all-out, OK?"

Does the CBA put a cap on fines for certain transgressions?

If I were an entitled, head-case Bajillionaire, I don't think a $13k fine would be much of an incentive to "do right"....

fishwater99
09-05-2019, 12:48 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-planning-to-suspend-antonio-brown-after-incident-between-wr-and-gm-mike-mayock/

Per Vic Tafur of The Athletic, Brown had to be "held back by a couple of teammates" when confronting Mayock. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the incident did not get physical, however Brown did say he would punch Mayock -- his boss! -- in the face and then punted a ball, Nick Nolte "Blue Chips" style and told Mayock to fine him for that. You can't even make this stuff up.

The other thing that could happen, that the Raiders like here? They can void the guarantees in his contract by suspending him for conduct detrimental, based on language in his contract. That would mean a loss of up to $29 million in guarantees and the Raiders potentially going after his signing bonus.

More importantly? It would set up the Raiders to potentially release Brown and not take the salary cap hit.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2019, 12:51 PM
Wow. What a nut-job.

This should give the Zeke thread some perspective, lol.

basedog
09-05-2019, 12:52 PM
Just another reason I don't watch much Professional Sports. It's out of hand, honor systems don't count with contracts any longer.

Fans suffer not owners nor players.

Dawg61
09-05-2019, 01:00 PM
Brown is a total diva asshole but I also get the impression that Mayock is an insufferable prick as well.

Commercecomet24
09-05-2019, 01:07 PM
They should've known what they were getting in ab with all the stuff that went on with him in pittsburgh.

gtowndawg
09-05-2019, 01:52 PM
Naturally I had to miss my fantasy draft so the autodraft dumped that idiot in my lap.

drunkernhelldawg
09-05-2019, 02:21 PM
Naturally I had to miss my fantasy draft so the autodraft dumped that idiot in my lap.

Mh condolences

Scared_Hitless
09-05-2019, 02:53 PM

Hopefully your league does not employ a last place punishment.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-05-2019, 03:39 PM

Is Andrew Luck throwing to him?

QuadrupleOption
09-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Brown is a total diva asshole but I also get the impression that Mayock is an insufferable prick as well.

Maybe but he represents the organization that signs the checks. Ultimately he's NOT a guy you want to get in a dick-measuring contest with if you want to get paid by the Raiders.

fishwater99
09-05-2019, 03:49 PM
Maylock was brought in by Gruden. I am sure Gruden will have the last say, but even he may be tired of AB and his Bullshit.

I hope they cut his ass, he doesn't get paid a dime.

R2Dawg
09-05-2019, 04:03 PM
Brown just knew if he didn't get his helmet Abram would knock him out. Too bad, Abram taking him out in practice would have been good TV.

Dawg61
09-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Maybe but he represents the organization that signs the checks. Ultimately he's NOT a guy you want to get in a dick-measuring contest with if you want to get paid by the Raiders.

Mayock doesn't sign the checks either and he doesn't take the field. Antonio Brown is by far their best player and a first ballot HOF player right now. If I'm the owner of the Raiders I don't want my GM repeatedly starting shit with my best player just as much as I don't want my best player trying to beat the shit outta my GM.

sleepy dawg
09-05-2019, 04:46 PM
They should've known what they were getting in ab with all the stuff that went on with him in pittsburgh.

He's had less stuff in his whole career in Pitt though than he has in just a few months with the Raiders. It seems like he's been doing everything he can to not play this year. If one thing doesn't get him suspended or kicked out, he takes it up a notch.

Westdawg
09-05-2019, 04:48 PM
I purposely drafted him as my top receiver in my fantasy league draft. Woke up to all of it this morning....just great lol

bostondawg
09-05-2019, 05:16 PM
I purposely drafted him as my top receiver in my fantasy league draft. Woke up to all of it this morning....just great lol

Same here. I suppose I'm stupid and deserve all of this.

Political Hack
09-05-2019, 09:16 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-planning-to-suspend-antonio-brown-after-incident-between-wr-and-gm-mike-mayock/

Per Vic Tafur of The Athletic, Brown had to be "held back by a couple of teammates" when confronting Mayock. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the incident did not get physical, however Brown did say he would punch Mayock -- his boss! -- in the face and then punted a ball, Nick Nolte "Blue Chips" style and told Mayock to fine him for that. You can't even make this stuff up.

The other thing that could happen, that the Raiders like here? They can void the guarantees in his contract by suspending him for conduct detrimental, based on language in his contract. That would mean a loss of up to $29 million in guarantees and the Raiders potentially going after his signing bonus.

More importantly? It would set up the Raiders to potentially release Brown and not take the salary cap hit.

That's exactly what they'll do and by week 3 he'll be in New England with a new cheap 1 year contract.

JoseBrown
09-05-2019, 11:39 PM
He's had less stuff in his whole career in Pitt though than he has in just a few months with the Raiders. It seems like he's been doing everything he can to not play this year. If one thing doesn't get him suspended or kicked out, he takes it up a notch.

The interview with his agent, Rosenhaus, last question asked by Rich Eisen, "Is AB ok mentally?...." ��

somebodyshotmypaw
09-06-2019, 06:49 AM
I wish they would cut him, then the other teams refuse to pick him up. Get his ass out of the league forever. That would be funny.

Irondawg
09-06-2019, 08:05 AM
This will be interesting b/c most of the time players can be idiots without significant financial repercussions. This would hit him in the pocketbook significantly assuming some other team just didn't give him the same money.

In the end the Raiders gave up assets to get him so they aren't going to cut him loose just b/c he's been a total moron the past 3 months. I think they try to make peace, hope he does well and then try to trade him in a few weeks to a contender for moderate value.

QuadrupleOption
09-06-2019, 09:27 AM
Mayock doesn't sign the checks either and he doesn't take the field. Antonio Brown is by far their best player and a first ballot HOF player right now. If I'm the owner of the Raiders I don't want my GM repeatedly starting shit with my best player just as much as I don't want my best player trying to beat the shit outta my GM.

If he's a distraction and a cancer in the locker room it doesn't matter how talented he is. It's not worth the hassle.

sleepy dawg
09-06-2019, 03:58 PM
That's exactly what they'll do and by week 3 he'll be in New England with a new cheap 1 year contract.

lol, and winning a super bowl.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-07-2019, 09:07 AM
Allegedly he called Mayock a cracker.

Quaoarsking
09-07-2019, 09:19 AM
He'll be on the Cowboys by midseason and Dak will win the MVP.

biggun
09-07-2019, 09:21 AM
The Steelers are laughing their ass off at the Raiders. AB is an insane narcissist, and there is no changing him.

defiantdog
09-07-2019, 11:05 AM
And just like that, he's been released. What a clown

KOdawg1
09-07-2019, 11:24 AM
This guy has serious mental problems. He needs to go get that taken care of before he even thinks about returning to a football field

TUSK
09-07-2019, 11:30 AM
https://youtu.be/uCH_NCZ7Ejs

Cooterpoot
09-07-2019, 12:27 PM
Let’s see how fast New England signs him.

parabrave
09-07-2019, 12:41 PM
Let’s see how fast New England signs him.

I sweating Jerry signs him/

Fader21
09-07-2019, 01:39 PM
This is the XFL!!!!!

Fader21
09-07-2019, 01:43 PM
I think if a team cuts a player due to player that has his contract voided for such items as an arrest, domestic violence, or what AB has done. Then no other team can sign that player for 1 calendar year and if they did then said team will have to give up a 1st round draft pick.

Dawg61
09-07-2019, 02:20 PM
No ESPN has already stated any team can sign AB starting today but he has to sit out week 1.

Fader21
09-07-2019, 03:39 PM
No ESPN has already stated any team can sign AB starting today but he has to sit out week 1.

Oh I know that. I am just saying that should be a rule.

TUSK
09-07-2019, 04:17 PM
Saw on the scroller thingy that AB and the Pats have reached and agreement...

Cooterpoot
09-07-2019, 04:23 PM
Lol...predictable. NFL going to have to come out with a Patriots tampering rule.

DanDority
09-07-2019, 04:28 PM

You may have gotten lucky, Brown to the Pats!