PDA

View Full Version : Southern Miss

CadaverDawg
09-05-2019, 09:10 AM
To be such a vocal bunch most of the year, their message boards sure are crickets about our game right now. What's the deal? Coming off a poor showing vs lowly ULL....No catching us with our all time best teams this time....No Dak, No Fred Ross, No Derunnya, etc....they should have us right where they want us, No???***

TrapGame
09-05-2019, 09:28 AM
You mean all 10 are quiet right now?***

gtowndawg
09-05-2019, 09:39 AM
Their fans are dreading the heat. I'm kidding...sort of.

BeastMan
09-05-2019, 09:44 AM
They know what’s coming. A lot of heat our defense caught last week will be remedied this week. Part of the issue last week was Levi Lewis is one slippery bastard. A lot of those pressures that didn’t result in paydirt last week will be sacks against Abraham this week. Watch

Pollodawg
09-05-2019, 09:57 AM
USM has message boards?

TrapGame
09-05-2019, 10:28 AM
They know what’s coming. A lot of heat our defense caught last week will be remedied this week. Part of the issue last week was Levi Lewis is one slippery bastard. A lot of those pressures that didn’t result in paydirt last week will be sacks against Abraham this week. Watch

This^^^^^^^

Jake Wim was hyperventilating yesterday that "This is the most important game of Joe's MSU career!!!!", "He loses this and that fan base implodes!!!"

tcdog70
09-05-2019, 10:39 AM
get ready for lots of bubble screens.. we will win by 3 tds

CovertDawg
09-05-2019, 10:53 AM
I predict our fans will come away overwhelmingly impressed with Tommy Stevens after they see him firsthand in Davis Wade. He can absolutely spin the football. By far the most natural passer I have ever seen in the Maroon and White. (I am NOT saying he is better than Dak as a QB who combined power running and off the chart intangibles with improved passing every year).

Captain Falcon
09-05-2019, 10:58 AM
This^^^^^^^

Jake Wim was hyperventilating yesterday that "This is the most important game of Joe's MSU career!!!!", "He loses this and that fan base implodes!!!"

The same can be applied to the ULL game, or last year's Egg Bowl, or Abilene Christian, or any game we've played where we are the favorite. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that people get mad if you lose games you're not supposed to lose, not sure why Wimberly thinks this week is anything out of the ordinary.

The reasonable USM fans I've talked to think they can hang around for a little while but ultimately expect State to win by two touchdowns or more. I could see their defense giving us some problems, but I think our defense will look much better this week. They can't run the ball at all and while Abraham is an accurate passer, he's not mobile at all and our secondary should do fine against their WR's.

Commercecomet24
09-05-2019, 11:00 AM

Agreed, when rewatching the game we really did get after Lewis pretty good last week but that dude made a lot happen on his scrambles, Abraham is not an elusive qb.

BiscuitEater
09-05-2019, 12:07 PM
Might get to see Stevens run more now that KT is back.

gravedigger
09-05-2019, 12:13 PM

I understand where you are going with that, but qb runs are basically what the defense gives. Usually when man coverage and the routes are deep. Some goal line stuff too. I just dont think we will ever see us run the qb like Dak did in 14 or Fitz did. And I know you werent saying that either.

Todd4State
09-05-2019, 12:20 PM
This^^^^^^^

What would cause Jake Wimberley implode? Because I'm all for it.

Commercecomet24
09-05-2019, 12:23 PM
What would cause Jake Wimberley implode? Because I'm all for it.

+1. Rep Given.

MStateDawg
09-05-2019, 12:32 PM
To be such a vocal bunch most of the year, their message boards sure are crickets about our game right now. What's the deal?
They haven't beaten us in over 30 years and they're gonna get another ass kicking this Saturday and they know it. Not much to say when you're in that position.

TrapGame
09-05-2019, 12:55 PM

Funny you should mention it but David Murray left a little nugget on the radio Tuesday afternoon. He mentioned Joe is not running Stevens as much as he'd like right now. He's doing it on purpose to a) get Tommy to go through his progressions and b) he doesn't want a lot of Tommy running on tape before we get to the thick of SEC play.

TUSK
09-05-2019, 01:30 PM
To be such a vocal bunch most of the year, their message boards sure are crickets about our game right now. What's the deal?

Y'all gonna catch em looking ahead a couple weeks.... *****

Bothrops
09-05-2019, 03:12 PM
I predict our fans will come away overwhelmingly impressed with Tommy Stevens after they see him firsthand in Davis Wade. He can absolutely spin the football. By far the most natural passer I have ever seen in the Maroon and White. (I am NOT saying he is better than Dak as a QB who combined power running and off the chart intangibles with improved passing every year).

Agree with this. I'll add that Tyler Russell was a beautiful passer, if not a real SEC qb.

DancingRabbit
09-05-2019, 03:15 PM
These days aren't like the old days.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDt0_fOWwAMDsGV?format=jpg&name=medium

Pollodawg
09-06-2019, 09:49 AM
This^^^^^^^

Did he do the creepy, exaggerated Southern accent?

TrapGame
09-06-2019, 09:54 AM
Did he do the creepy, exaggerated Southern accent?

I hate it when he does that. But no, it was in an almost high pitched teenage girl voice.

Maroonthirteen
09-06-2019, 10:00 AM
I believe I went to the 87 game in Jackson. It was a very physical game and they beat us. I remember this lady sitting near by talking about the wonder young man that went to her church that plays for USM, Farve. My last game to see in Memorial Stadium.

Then I went to the 90 game on campus. Much better game and result.

This is a good rivalry and one game we should play every now and then in the interest of fans and the OCC schedule.

Dawg2003
09-06-2019, 10:15 AM
This^^^^^^^

I doubt he really believes any of that. If you work in talk radio, you have to say stuff like that to get ratings.

TrapGame
09-06-2019, 10:58 AM
I doubt he really believes any of that. If you work in talk radio, you have to say stuff like that to get ratings.

That's true but this was a little over the top. He has yet to put Luke/OM in a similar implosion if Arkansas rolls them. Arkansas beating OM is more likely than USM beating us.

MaroonFlounder
09-06-2019, 05:33 PM
SMTTB

Cooterpoot
09-06-2019, 06:19 PM
I see USM is using the “We Believe” slogan for this game.

Todd4State
09-06-2019, 07:48 PM
I see USM is using the ?We Believe? slogan for this game.

Obviously that bodes well for us.

Reggie! Reggie!
09-06-2019, 08:54 PM
To be such a vocal bunch most of the year, their message boards sure are crickets about our game right now. What's the deal? Coming off a poor showing vs lowly ULL....No catching us with our all time best teams this time....No Dak, No Fred Ross, No Derunnya, etc....they should have us right where they want us, No???***

The deal? We had a total of 6 rushing yards against Alcorn near the end of the 3rd quarter, lost or top RB on the first series, top WR is suspended (we have 3 pretty awesome ones) OLine looks like a decent 4A high school line, QB can't throw it further than 17 yards down the field without it being picked or incomplete and apparently his shoes are made of concrete.

Didn't expect much from MSU this year and the ULL game proved that out even more so. Unfortunately, without a competent QB or OLine, USM doesnt have much of a chance. Hopefully this won't be too brutal. We have a pretty stout Defense so if we catch some breaks (impossible), collect some turnovers (let us pray), and have some big special teams plays (possible), then perhaps we will have a good, respectable game.

If we wear too much "yellow", we lose by 30. Wear black and white, could be a 10 point game.

Skydawg1
09-06-2019, 09:56 PM
The deal? We had a total of 6 rushing yards against Alcorn near the end of the 3rd quarter, lost or top RB on the first series, top WR is suspended (we have 3 pretty awesome ones) OLine looks like a decent 4A high school line, QB can't throw it further than 17 yards down the field without it being picked or incomplete and apparently his shoes are made of concrete.

Didn't expect much from MSU this year and the ULL game proved that out even more so. Unfortunately, without a competent QB or OLine, USM doesnt have much of a chance. Hopefully this won't be too brutal. We have a pretty stout Defense so if we catch some breaks (impossible), collect some turnovers (let us pray), and have some big special teams plays (possible), then perhaps we will have a good, respectable game.

If we wear too much "yellow", we lose by 30. Wear black and white, could be a 10 point game.I know exactly how you feel. We have to play Bama every year. After awhile, it takes a toll on the psyche.

Pollodawg
09-07-2019, 10:31 AM

If we wear too much "yellow", we lose by 30. Wear black and white, could be a 10 point game.

LMAO. You didn’t expect much from MSU? Nobody ever expects much from USM since Fedora left, and your best teams wouldn’t have beaten Mullen’s mediocre teams. Case-in-point, 2015. Mississippi’s other, other university.