PDA

View Full Version : If you're not moving forward, then you're going backwards.

msugolf
10-25-2013, 02:58 PM
First of all, all signs are not pointing to a top 25 class this year. We're ranked 32 now and practically done, while other schools still have slots to fill so expect to be jumped. Most likely we finish in the 30-40 range depending on our top realistic targets jumping on board.

2) His recruiting classes desperately lack playmakers on the offense (outside of Dak and RB, which we utilize horribly).

3) I keep hearing about next years talent, next years schedule, next year etc. I don't know about y'all but I don't necessarily want another one of last years 8 win seasons where we get smoked by every decent team. Cause thats what next year is shaping up to be. Those that say we should be happy with that are full of shit. What if every Friday night you had to pay $20 to go to the movies but the only movie they kept showing was Cast Away? You'd eventually quit going. We're the TNT Sunday afternoon movie of college football. Too many commercials and Dependently meh! Except our version of Cast Away has Tom Hanks getting eaten by a shark at the end.

4) People can talk about how young we are, how Mullen develops players (which I think is extremely overblown BTW) all they want but you know who else is young ... Ole Miss, Arky, LSU, TxAM, Auburn, Kentucky. Everyone in the damn league is young. So we either need to develop players at a faster pace and better than everyone else (Hasn't happened), out recruit (hasn't happened), or out scheme (hasn't happened) our comparative competition (not the Troys and BGs of the world).

5) And back to next year, everyone talks about little brother syndrome. Next year will be even worse. Cause not only does the schedule flip for us, but it also flips for the Bears, and they'll be returning most starters too. All these people talking about "Oh we just let Ole Miss influence us too much ... yada yada yada." Damn right it has an effect, and it should. College football is a highly-driven, highly-competitive culture. If they win the EggBowl then the same people complaining about our fans having little brother will be on here highly pissed off the day after.

Once a program starts trending down under said Head Coach, it is highly unlikely that they turn it around. All kind of stats and data out there from our friend Dave Bartoo to back it up. Fans are losing interest at an alarming pace, it happened for me last year.

Saltydog
10-25-2013, 05:56 PM
we have committed.....

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 06:05 PM
First of all, all signs are not pointing to a top 25 class this year. We're ranked 32 now and practically done, while other schools still have slots to fill so expect to be jumped. Most likely we finish in the 30-40 range depending on our top realistic targets jumping on board.

2) His recruiting classes desperately lack playmakers on the offense (outside of Dak and RB, which we utilize horribly).

3) I keep hearing about next years talent, next years schedule, next year etc. I don't know about y'all but I don't necessarily want another one of last years 8 win seasons where we get smoked by every decent team. Cause thats what next year is shaping up to be. Those that say we should be happy with that are full of shit. What if every Friday night you had to pay $20 to go to the movies but the only movie they kept showing was Cast Away? You'd eventually quit going. We're the TNT Sunday afternoon movie of college football. Too many commercials and Dependently meh! Except our version of Cast Away has Tom Hanks getting eaten by a shark at the end.

4) People can talk about how young we are, how Mullen develops players (which I think is extremely overblown BTW) all they want but you know who else is young ... Ole Miss, Arky, LSU, TxAM, Auburn, Kentucky. Everyone in the damn league is young. So we either need to develop players at a faster pace and better than everyone else (Hasn't happened), out recruit (hasn't happened), or out scheme (hasn't happened) our comparative competition (not the Troys and BGs of the world).

5) And back to next year, everyone talks about little brother syndrome. Next year will be even worse. Cause not only does the schedule flip for us, but it also flips for the Bears, and they'll be returning most starters too. All these people talking about "Oh we just let Ole Miss influence us too much ... yada yada yada." Damn right it has an effect, and it should. College football is a highly-driven, highly-competitive culture. If they win the EggBowl then the same people complaining about our fans having little brother will be on here highly pissed off the day after.

Once a program starts trending down under said Head Coach, it is highly unlikely that they turn it around. All kind of stats and data out there from our friend Dave Bartoo to back it up. Fans are losing interest at an alarming pace, it happened for me last year.

Good post.

SignalToNoise
10-25-2013, 06:08 PM
If you're not first, you're last!

Dannyripms
10-25-2013, 06:23 PM
And something else these mullets have forgotten, after our soft schedule last year when we were 7-0 we got dominated the rest of the way. Heck we barely beats the cupcakes last year. To me this was dans year to prove himself after the debacle last year. Several people saw the light after dans first 2 years that he could only beat cupcakes and that was padding his wins and losses. Kyle veazy or whatever his name is has been calling it for several years now. The coaching staff had all off season to fix the problems they knew they had at the end of last year and laid an egg on opening day. So apparently dan can't win the big games. I'm telling you right now if we don't go 7-5 we need to get HUD next year or he won't be there and then we will be stuck in mediocracy for the next 5 years or worse because Kentucky and vandy are getting better