PDA

View Full Version : WR Jordan Murphy leaves the Vols team

Lord McBuckethead
09-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Wonder what that is all about. Some DB also left today.
Can they transfer and play immediately?

KOdawg1
09-04-2019, 02:57 PM
That ship is sinking FAST

TrapGame
09-04-2019, 02:59 PM
Pruitt will be fired after two seasons.

Jack Lambert
09-04-2019, 03:00 PM

They need to fire the Great Pumpkin as well.

TUSK
09-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Wonder what that is all about. Some DB also left today.
Can they transfer and play immediately?

Murphy was a RS So from H'burg... Just a 3* but had a few legit offers...

The Twitter got him processed...

Commercecomet24
09-04-2019, 03:48 PM

And still nobody will want the job. Fat Phil gonna have to come out of retirement or maybe they can rehire dooley or kiffin lol.

TrapGame
09-04-2019, 03:54 PM
Fat Phil will be interim head coach by early October. Then another disaster of a coaching search where they might actually have to hire someone like Hugh Freeze. Hell, Hugh may not want the job. It's turning into a career killer.

ZedFedder
09-04-2019, 04:01 PM
Murphy quoted a tweet making fun of their loss, and said something to the effect of “y’all can’t tell me this ain’t funny”. If one of our guys did that, I wouldn’t be upset to see them gone.

TrapGame
09-04-2019, 04:07 PM
Murphy quoted a tweet making fun of their loss, and said something to the effect of “y’all can’t tell me this ain’t funny”. If one of our guys did that, I wouldn’t be upset to see them gone.

Tennessee is total 5 alarm dumpster fire. The culture has taken over.

Dawg61
09-04-2019, 04:20 PM
They'll go after Mike Leech. Vol Navy wants the Pirate.

Jack Lambert
09-04-2019, 04:23 PM
Fat Phil will be interim head coach by early October. Then another disaster of a coaching search where they might actually have to hire someone like Hugh Freeze. Hell, Hugh may not want the job. It's turning into a career killer.

I would not fall out of my chair in shock it that happens.

Jack Lambert
09-04-2019, 04:24 PM
And still nobody will want the job. Fat Phil gonna have to come out of retirement or maybe they can rehire dooley or kiffin lol.

Kiffin would probably be a good hire now.

TrapGame
09-04-2019, 04:27 PM
Kiffin would probably be a good hire now.

You couldn't pay him with hookers and cocaine at this point. It's that bad.

ZedFedder
09-04-2019, 04:57 PM
Tennessee sees themself as a top 10 power program, but I really don’t know if they can ever regain that.

Commercecomet24
09-04-2019, 05:17 PM
They'll go after Mike Leech. Vol Navy wants the Pirate.

He turned them down last time and he doesn't want to be in the sec. He likes it out west.

Hambone
09-04-2019, 05:44 PM
Phil Fulmer sabotaged the whole Mike Leach hire.

LC Dawg
09-04-2019, 06:16 PM
You couldn't pay him with hookers and cocaine at this point. It's that bad.

Hugh Freeze - "They're paying with hookers and coke??!!"

TrapGame
09-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Hugh Freeze - "They're paying with bookers and coke??!!"

Now Hugh probably would take them up on that.

DancingRabbit
09-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Hugh Freeze - "They're paying with bookers and coke??!!"

Hugh say, "hookers and Coke Zero. I have standards"

Commercecomet24
09-04-2019, 06:57 PM
Phil Fulmer sabotaged the whole Mike Leach hire.

Yep fat Phil is a slime ball.

Cooterpoot
09-04-2019, 07:00 PM
TN’s problem is greater than the athletic dept. They’ll never recover.

Ari Gold
09-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Murphy better enroll in juco and start over..

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2019, 07:27 PM
Tennessee needs to hire Bill Clark.

They won't but they need a super experienced developer of talent

They'll go after a recruiter I'm sure, but recruiting better won't do them a bit of good until the culture is fixed. Hire Bill Clark, develop players, & fix the culture.

Best thing they could do is to not worry about recruiting for the next 3 years & get someone that can really really coach & invest into players.

Dawg61
09-04-2019, 08:04 PM
He turned them down last time and he doesn't want to be in the sec. He likes it out west.

You might be right but that's not the story I heard. I heard they fired their AD when he flew out to Washington to talk to Leech. Fulmer/Peyton/Witten/Haslam run the show at UT. They all wanted Schiano after Mullen fell through. Leech was never given a chance and saved face when that was obvious after they fired the AD for wanting him.

RougeDawg
09-04-2019, 11:54 PM
That ship is sinking FAST

Not faster than that boat that went down before the game last Saturday.

TrapGame
09-05-2019, 08:34 AM
Listened to Luginbill on OOB this am. He said those recruiting rankings for UT have been fool's gold. They have some skill talent on offense but the OL is trash so it doesn't matter. Pointed out the defense is beyond pathetic and that's supposed to be Pruitt's wheelhouse.

Commercecomet24
09-05-2019, 08:40 AM
You might be right but that's not the story I heard. I heard they fired their AD when he flew out to Washington to talk to Leech. Fulmer/Peyton/Witten/Haslam run the show at UT. They all wanted Schiano after Mullen fell through. Leech was never given a chance and saved face when that was obvious after they fired the AD for wanting him.

There's a reason Leach has never come to the sec and he's had multiple opportunities. He likes it where his offense can shine in the no defense world of cfb in the west. Not to say that he'll never coach in the sec but from what I've heard and read from him he prefers not to.

TrapGame
09-05-2019, 08:52 AM
There's a reason Leach has never come to the sec and he's had multiple opportunities. He likes it where his offense can shine in the no defense world of cfb in the west. Not to say that he'll never coach in the sec but from what I've heard and read from him he prefers not to.

A Leach offense with a Grantham defense. That could be a pretty good combo. Where would it fit in the SEC? Maybe South Carolina?