PDA

View Full Version : Dan will be our coach at least until the end of next year

Majors42
10-25-2013, 02:50 PM
The buyout is too big for this year. I don't even think that going 4-8 will force a change. Unless he leaves on his own, he will be here next year. We are expecting an 8 win season next year. We only lose Perkins and Jackson as significant contributors. I think the only way we have a new coach in the next three years is if Dan leaves. So the question is, do you think he will?

Todd4State
10-25-2013, 02:56 PM
1.4 million is not much especially when you consider what we would stand to lose if Dan came back.

Personally without any inside knowledge, I think Dan is done unless he pulls a 1996 Jackie Sherrill. We were about to hire Bobby Wallace who was kind of like Hud before Hud until Jackie beat Bama and Ole Miss, and to a lesser extent beat ULM in a game where we showed a lot of promise beating them 59-0.

Even Jackie's 1996 team had some close losses and aside from three games early in the year- they were respectable and showed improvement throughout the season.

cheewgumm
10-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Hell no. And then we start scehduling true panzies...so from now on, count on 4 wins, then he has to find 2 or 3.

How long do we have Kentucky and Vandy? That's 2 more. How far is Arkansas from being good?

WE got 7 for the next couple of years, which is all good if yhour coach is heading in the right direction.

If Mullen gets out of this year, we have minimum 3 more starting next year.

HailState39110
10-25-2013, 02:57 PM
The buyout is too big for this year. I don't even think that going 4-8 will force a change. Unless he leaves on his own, he will be here next year. We are expecting an 8 win season next year. We only lose Perkins and Jackson as significant contributors. I think the only way we have a new coach in the next three years is if Dan leaves. So the question is, do you think he will?

We finish 5-7 this year with a win in Little Rock. Mullen comes back & goes 6-6 next year with an easier schedule with wins over USM, South Alabama, UAB, Tenn Martin, Vanderbilt & Arkansas and a trip to Birmingham to the BBVA. Do you bring him back for 2015?

cheewgumm
10-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Me = No.
Most of our fanbase and AD = yes

We finish 5-7 this year with a win in Little Rock. Mullen comes back & goes 6-6 next year with an easier schedule with wins over USM, South Alabama, UAB, Tenn Martin, Vanderbilt & Arkansas and a trip to Birmingham to the BBVA. Do you bring him back for 2015?

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 03:03 PM
And just like 1996, we'd be damned fools if we fired Mullen.

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 03:07 PM
And just like 1996, we'd be damned fools if we fired Mullen.

well, we can agree on one thing.

unfortunately that's the direction I think they're heading if we finish with 4-5 wins and a loss in the egg bowl. Buy out isn't an issue if that happens.

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 03:11 PM
If you are right, I'll give you credit. But just remember, the boosters don't run shit, the Cigar Boys do. So it matters little what some of them think and who they hang out with.

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Goat Holder;72945]If you are right, I'll give you credit. But just remember, the boosters don't run shit, the Cigar Boys do. So it matters little what some of them think and who they hang out with.[QUOTE]

I hope you don't get to give me credit.