PDA

View Full Version : Judge allows more Corruption in NCAA Sports

Coach007
09-04-2019, 12:43 PM
The whole purpose of the FBI investigation was to expose the corruption. NOW.... they give the middle finger to the NCAA.

Everybody pretty much just walked...

Judge Lewis Kaplan has ruled in favor of federal prosecutors and denied NCAA access to evidence from the hoops corruption trial/FBI investigation. Once upon a time, the gov said the entire point of the operation was to expose such things. Some coaches breathing easy tonight.

It was strange when the FBI/SDNY got involved in college hoops, but they were adamant exposing corruption was worthy of years of work and millions spent. Then they fought to keep most of it covered up. A few middle managers and assistant coaches got busted. Sport churns on.

This doesn't keep the NCAA from investigating, but we all know where this goes.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fth01.deviantart.net%2Ffs71%2FPRE%2 Ff%2F2011%2F153%2F6%2Fa%2Froad_to_nowhere_by_heath er1294-d3hvjwc.jpg&f=1

https://twitter.com/danwetzel/status/1169030116841836546?s=21

Jack Lambert
09-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Two things:

1. The FBI could banned the NCAA from investigating by saying they would be interfering into a active investigation.

2. I think the NCAA is very happy with the ruling.

Homedawg
09-04-2019, 01:12 PM
College football and basketball are so corrupt it's crazy anyway.

Jack Lambert
09-04-2019, 01:21 PM

Agree!

starkvegasdawg
09-04-2019, 01:52 PM
https://y.yarn.co/634a6d62-62ba-4424-b74c-9bf0a7dab73e_text.gif

Fixed it for ya-scooba

Percho
09-04-2019, 02:13 PM

We get what we are stupid enough to pay our money for!

Homedawg
09-04-2019, 02:14 PM

Well put....

Coursesuper
09-04-2019, 03:25 PM

Bingo!

bobtail bob
09-04-2019, 05:54 PM
The NCAA and Sankey have to be breathing a huge sigh of relief. The last thing either one would want is evidence of state funded money laundering through a cancer hospital to LSU players coming to light. They might have to actually punish a conference blueblood rather than slapping around a couple of bottom feeders for unmanageable tutor misconduct. If any of you think we will ever be allowed to have equal footing in football, you haven't been alive long enough to see it come full circle then start again
Frankly I'm sick of all of it

Schultzy
09-04-2019, 06:06 PM
I accepted college athletics as sleazy long ago...but I’d rather the FBI be going after more hard core crimes.

Coursesuper
09-04-2019, 06:15 PM
The NCAA and Sankey have to be breathing a huge sigh of relief. The last thing either one would want is evidence of state funded money laundering through a cancer hospital to LSU players coming to light. They might have to actually punish a conference blueblood rather than slapping around a couple of bottom feeders for unmanageable tutor misconduct. If any of you think we will ever be allowed to have equal footing in football, you haven't been alive long enough to see it come full circle then start again

Absolutely the truth.

RougeDawg
09-04-2019, 11:58 PM
I accepted college athletics as sleazy long ago...but I?d rather the FBI be going after more hard core crimes.

Ha ha ha. The top officials of the FBI committed some of the most egregious crimes in this nations history and will probably skate. You think they will do anything of relevance?

I have a couple bridges for sale. Really cheap. PM me.

BB30
09-05-2019, 09:26 AM

Eh Bama has been hit pretty hard before and so has Auburn. It sent bama into a decade long stuggle. We should have been punished for the "tutor misconduct" and that is a very generous description. If you have tutors dumb enough to turn a test in while a basketball game is going on you deserve to get caught. That's just pure laziness and stupidity.

Oregon wasn't a blue blood and they were able to gain equal footing, same with Clemson. I mean Clemson has been a solid program but not elite until recently. It can happen, stars just have to align.

Our punishment for the tutor stuff wasn't really all that harsh for what was done. A regular student most likely would have been kicked out of school for cheating in the manor that our players did.

Our biggest problem hasn't been the NCAA it was Templeton keeping us in the stone ages for so long. We don't need the NCAA to kick us in the *** we do plenty of that to ourselves.

Coach007
09-05-2019, 11:35 AM
Ha ha ha. The top officials of the FBI committed some of the most egregious crimes in this nations history and will probably skate. You think they will do anything of relevance?

I have a couple bridges for sale. Really cheap. PM me.

Truth

Johnson85
09-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Eh Bama has been hit pretty hard before and so has Auburn. It sent bama into a decade long stuggle. We should have been punished for the "tutor misconduct" and that is a very generous description. If you have tutors dumb enough to turn a test in while a basketball game is going on you deserve to get caught. That's just pure laziness and stupidity.

Oregon wasn't a blue blood and they were able to gain equal footing, same with Clemson. I mean Clemson has been a solid program but not elite until recently. It can happen, stars just have to align.

Our punishment for the tutor stuff wasn't really all that harsh for what was done. A regular student most likely would have been kicked out of school for cheating in the manor that our players did.

Yea, no. Most students would have gotten an f in the class and maybe put on probation. Unless things have changed, you don't get kicked out of school for a first offense. It was a big deal, but not really an athletic department issue. It's no different than athletes getting a DUI. It's bad and it's serious, but it's not an NCAA matter. It's a college students being stupid and exercising bad judgment issue. The only NCAA hook (at least out of what is public) was that the tutor was only tutoring athletes. Had they had evidence of the tutor taking tests for $20 a pop or whatever for non-athletes, then we would have had the UNC defense available to us, and could have just claimed we have general rot on the academic side of the institution, nothing that is specific to athletics that would give the NCAA a reason to be involved. Our penatly was extremely harsh for what it was, assuming what was publicly announced was the real issue.

Our biggest problem hasn't been the NCAA it was Templeton keeping us in the stone ages for so long. [B]We don't need the NCAA to kick us in the *** we do plenty of that to ourselves.

Depends on whether you believe we stupidly imposed the sanctions or not. I suspect that we actually got kicked in the nuts by the NCAA this time, and we didn't impose overly harsh sanctions because we're morons kicking ourselves in the nuts. If we had tried to treat it in a proportionate manner to what it was and the NCAA pushed back, we would have been screwed by the cloud of the investigation, even if we eventually "won" on the substance.

Johnson85
09-05-2019, 11:51 AM
I accepted college athletics as sleazy long ago...but I’d rather the FBI be going after more hard core crimes.

This was never really an issue for the federal government except for possibly some tax fraud related to undeclared income and possibly some pell grant fraud where people claimed pell grant after their payments for playing basketball would have made their income too high.

That said, this is cluster 17 government at its finest. Spend millions of dollars on something that's really an NCAA matter, not a federal concern, and then just flush the work and money down the toilet b/c politically connected people, including the NCAA, don't want the information public .

Coach007
09-05-2019, 12:38 PM
This was never really an issue for the federal government except for possibly some tax fraud related to undeclared income and possibly some pell grant fraud where people claimed pell grant after their payments for playing basketball would have made their income too high.

That said, this is cluster 17 government at its finest. Spend millions of dollars on something that's really an NCAA matter, not a federal concern, and then just flush the work and money down the toilet b/c politically connected people, including the NCAA, don't want the information public .

TRUTH!