PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Stevens Interview Today

TrapGame
09-03-2019, 08:39 PM
I really like this guy. There's some good nuggets in this interview.

https://t.co/GT1TvXePnT

Dawgcap
09-03-2019, 08:49 PM
What I saw Saturday impressed me. I was excited by his play. He had a few misreads but sitting in the end zone I saw a qb that commanded the field. I’m excited with the reads and trust to give the ball to our backs. I love what I saw with the offense. We weren’t anywhere near perfect but I believe this offense will be bad ass

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2019, 08:59 PM
Outstanding interview.

Very cerebral kid. Like having a coach on the field.

I can't wait to see our WR corp in about 3 weeks when they're confidence is built up. You know Saturday had to be a confidence builder for those guys

MaroonFlounder
09-03-2019, 09:26 PM
Somebody on the staff needs to get TS to speed up the progressions and the "timer" in this kid's head post-snap.

He will get clobbered against the Bamas, Aubs, and LSUs of the world. There were 10-12 plays the other day in which he took way too long to make a decision. Luckily, it only cost him that one time with the strip-sack.

Dawgcap
09-03-2019, 09:31 PM
We are better on offense already from last year. We get the D in order we will be fine. Some will argue but sitting in the end zone Saturday I saw opportunities all over the field. We missed a couple big plays by receivers turning the wrong way or throwing the wrong route. Either way I’m betting that is corrected. And Shoop will get the D there. I felt very optimistic after 1 game and watched every play.
We have work to do but every team does after game 1.

RocketDawg
09-03-2019, 10:13 PM
Outstanding interview.

Very cerebral kid. Like having a coach on the field.

I can't wait to see our WR corp in about 3 weeks when they're confidence is built up. You know Saturday had to be a confidence builder for those guys

Smarter than our previous QB? **

Cowbell
09-04-2019, 12:22 AM
Somebody on the staff needs to get TS to speed up the progressions and the "timer" in this kid's head post-snap.

He will get clobbered against the Bamas, Aubs, and LSUs of the world. There were 10-12 plays the other day in which he took way too long to make a decision. Luckily, it only cost him that one time with the strip-sack.

He was not strip-sacked because of timing - he just never saw the defender come off the edge because he was mid play-action and he turned his head downfield because the homerun ball was about to be open. You need to go watch Wyatt?s breakdown of 15 plays.

It was his first start and he already made quicker reads than fits ever did and he is already tricking defenders with his feet and eye placement.

Jarius
09-04-2019, 07:07 AM

He was strip sacked because he missed a presnap protection check. He admitted that post game, per Matt Wyatt.

Howboutdemdogs
09-04-2019, 07:09 AM
One issue that will have to be addressed before SEC play that I noticed is the snap. Our center has to have speed on the ball. It seem to just float back to the quarterback. Fast defenses will disrupt more plays for TS if not corrected.

AROB44
09-04-2019, 08:38 AM
But...but....what about the line splits?......

TrapGame
09-04-2019, 09:08 AM
Pop quiz:

Did y'all catch Tommy talking about Z and X receivers? At PSU your Z was your Z. Your X receiver was your X receiver. That's all he played. But here at State we've got guys who can play multiple positions in the offense and not miss a beat. Tommy was impressed with that and said it was going to screw with some defenses on down the line.

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2019, 09:26 AM
Pop quiz:

Did y'all catch Tommy talking about Z and X receivers? At PSU your Z was your Z. Your X receiver was your X receiver. That's all he played. But here at State we've got guys who can play multiple positions in the offense and not miss a beat. Tommy was impressed with that and said it was going to screw with some defenses on down the line.

I did, but I wasn't sure if I should take that as a positive or negative. Wasn't sure if he basically meant that we don't have a real X or Z

TrapGame
09-04-2019, 10:02 AM
I did, but I wasn't sure if I should take that as a positive or negative. Wasn't sure if he basically meant that we don't have a real X or Z

I took it as a huge positive.

But what the hell do I know. I'm just a sunshine pumper.***

Commercecomet24
09-04-2019, 10:06 AM
I don't know how many of yall noticed this, but after Tommy fumbled one of the ull players got in Tommy face. Immediately Osirus Mitchell and Darryl Williams got on the punk and pushed him away and kept going after him til they were separated. Just little things like that, tell you how much this team has bought into his leadership.

Commercecomet24
09-04-2019, 10:08 AM
I took it as a huge positive.

But what the hell do I know. I'm just a sunshine pumper.***

That is a positive, because it creates matchup problems for a secondary.

Tbonewannabe
09-04-2019, 10:09 AM
One issue that will have to be addressed before SEC play that I noticed is the snap. Our center has to have speed on the ball. It seem to just float back to the quarterback. Fast defenses will disrupt more plays for TS if not corrected.

We played 4 different centers so was it Williams who is our best Oline or was it one of the replacements or all of them?