PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if Carolina fans wanted to can Spurrier after 5 years of mediocrity......

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 01:59 PM
.....and beating nobody? Because it was Year 6 when they broke out. Beat #1 Alabama and wound up in the SEC Championship game. Our schedule and roster sets us up for a run next year too. And don't say, "they beat #4 Ole Miss in 2009!!!", that was a joke. Ole Miss was a good team but not Top 25 at the end of the year. I mean shit it's not I'm a Croom discipline, talking about giving him 'time' while he's going 3-9 every year. We're 4-3 and beat the teams we are supposed to for the most part. We've been to 3 straight bowls.

But no, what do we want to do? Scrap it and start all over before our biggest year yet. WE ARE MISS STAKE.

Op4isabitch
10-25-2013, 02:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken Spurrier was pulling in some really nice recruits during years 3,4and 5, unfortunately we aren't going to be doing that.

bluelightstar
10-25-2013, 02:09 PM
I will never understand the people who want to wait until the whole damn thing is destroyed before deciding maybe a change is necessary. That business strategy will get you lapped.

Will James
10-25-2013, 02:14 PM
I will never understand the people who want to wait until the whole damn thing is destroyed before deciding maybe a change is necessary. That business strategy will get you lapped.

+1

Dawgfan77
10-25-2013, 02:23 PM
With USC east you could see they were getting better. In game coaching was better and recruiting was a hell of a lot better than boy wonders. You guys saying give Dan another year ask yourself this.
1. is the program better in year 5 than we were in year 2
2. Is dan putting us in position to win every game
3. Are the coaches and players giving relentless effort and playing with a sense of emergency
4. Are we recruiting better players
5. Under the current circumstances is the program advancing
6. With the investment in facilities and stadium expansion can the program sustain a losing season

My two fears are we wait one more year after a 4 or 5 win season and miss our ever closing window for HUD and two we are patient and have another 2001-2009 debacle because we didnt stop the train wreck before it starts

We are at a crossroads as a program.

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Because nothing is destroyed you ****ing tosser. How much more simple can it be.

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 02:37 PM
We are and have been doing that. Chris Jones ring a bell? That was Mullen's 4th class. We're recruiting as well as they were.

sandwolf
10-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Because it was Year 6 when they broke out. Beat #1 Alabama and wound up in the SEC Championship game. Our schedule and roster sets us up for a run next year too.

I would be shocked if Mullen doesn't get another season. I really think that we would have to lose out and get embarrassed in the Egg Bowl, in order for Mullen to get canned this year.....and even if that happened I would still be pretty surprised if we fired him. That being said, my feelings are based on nothing other than my perception of the program\administration......I have no inside sources, but I just cannot see the same administration that has kept Brackey Brett in charge of compliance firing Dan Mullen after this season.

Dawgfan77
10-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Because nothing is destroyed you ****ing tosser. How much more simple can it be.
You are blinded by years of mediocrity if you could look at the last two games and tell me we are moving forward.
Also I didn't say it was destroyed but the wheels are loose

MarketingBully01
10-25-2013, 02:46 PM
We have a lot of young talent and depth on this team but you won't go far and be as consistent as you want to be unless you have leaders as players and this team is so young that no senior leaders are emerging. I think we stick to the plan let the season play out and see if Mullen can get us to our fourth consecutive bowl. It is still out there in front of us. As bad as we played last night, we still won the game and are now 4-3. Maybe we are saving our best games for the big boys like USC, A&M and Bama. Teams as young as we are are going to be inconsistent. That is just the way this goes. I do think if we can put together some complete games we should be in the games against USC and A&M especially if Missouri beats USC this weekend and they have nothing to play for. Let's just let the season play out.

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 03:14 PM
You are blinded by years of mediocrity if you could look at the last two games and tell me we are moving forward.

No, by not looking at only the last two games, that means I'm smarter and less emotional than people like you.

msugolf
10-25-2013, 03:25 PM
No, by not looking at only the last two games, that means I'm BI-POLAR and HIGHER MEDICATED than people like you.

Translated it for the rest of us

engie
10-25-2013, 03:29 PM
No, by not looking at only the last two games, that means I'm smarter and less emotional than people like you.

Is the last 13 too small of a sample size to make the same assumption?

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-25-2013, 03:32 PM

The Egg Bowl and the Northwestern game didn't do anything to shake your confidence in Dan? Seriously?

TrapGame
10-25-2013, 03:45 PM
The Egg Bowl and the Northwestern game didn't do anything to shake your confidence in Dan? Seriously?

Exactly. Canary in the coal mine.

BulldogBear
10-25-2013, 07:37 PM

More like this: My parents are aging with tough health issues. Need a lot of help. Recently I was clearing a large overgrown area and discovered an old hot wheels car, rusted and dirt caked. Wheels anything but loose. Now, with alot of hard work and special chemicals and eqipment, you might can get this toy working again...but it may be more effective get a new one. ....I relate to both sides of this argument because during a game and in the immediate aftermath I am very passionate and emotional and reactionary even from play to play. But the other side of me is very patient and deliberate in most things in my life. I am still more or less behind Mullen and am slow to pull the trigger but also the closest I've ever been to feeling otherwise. Let's say the gun is loaded. If we look like a dog trying to use a litter box like we did last night during the SC game the gun will be cocked. It will take a big finish for me not to pull the trigger by black Friday.

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Translated it for the rest of us

Haha I laughed but damn bro did you have to break out the giant bolded font on him