PDA

View Full Version : Some USM fool posted this on their message board.

Jack Lambert
09-03-2019, 03:54 PM
https://csnbbs.com/thread-881920.html

["Regarding attendance. You will see football attendance decrease going forward as the most recent and current college students don't care about college athletics and current attendees are dying off. I saw the MSU and ULL attendance was 22k in the Superdome. That is pitiful for those two schools. ULL had that many alone at a bowl game there. You would think State would have had that many."]

chef dixon
09-03-2019, 04:07 PM
I keep seeing people ripping our attendance. It wasn't amazing but our side was pretty damn full and probably double the ULL. It was still a road game after all. Someone posted on SPS that it was even but that dude is absolutely blind.

Jack Lambert
09-03-2019, 04:18 PM
I just found it funny and USM pointing out attendance on another school. We probably have more in two games then they do all season. Hell we probably have more in three weekends in baseball then they do in football all season.

KOdawg1
09-03-2019, 04:24 PM
I hate playing Southern Miss. In any sport really. Bc if you win, good, you were supposed to. But if you lose, then their cockroach fans come out of the corner and become insufferable. I wish we would just let them continue to be the miserable, nobody school they are

Harrydawg
09-03-2019, 04:29 PM
This years USM Football goal is “30 for 5”.....Meaning they have a goal of getting 30,000 at each home game (which I guess they only have 5 this year?).....

They can’t say shit about attendance - but I am sure it makes them feel better. It should

Bothrops
09-03-2019, 05:30 PM
One thing he said was correct, college kids are becoming less and less interested in college sports. Especially in places elsewhere.

Lord McBuckethead
09-03-2019, 05:55 PM
Maybe at USM. SEC schools still have student support, even if it is for the first half.

fishwater99
09-03-2019, 06:02 PM
This years USM Football goal is “30 for 5”.....Meaning they have a goal of getting 30,000 at each home game (which I guess they only have 5 this year?).....

They can’t say shit about attendance - but I am sure it makes them feel better. It should

Nice

Commercecomet24
09-03-2019, 06:55 PM
I just found it funny and USM pointing out attendance on another school. We probably have more in two games then they do all season. Hell we probably have more in three weekends in baseball then they do in football all season.

Haha you got that right! Their crappy little stadium and nobody in it to watch them play. There's more people at the petal oak grove game than usm gets for a home game.

MStateDawg
09-03-2019, 09:38 PM
This years USM Football goal is ?30 for 5?.....Meaning they have a goal of getting 30,000 at each home game (which I guess they only have 5 this year?).....

They can?t say shit about attendance - but I am sure it makes them feel better. It should

They announced a little over 31k for their 1st game vs Alcorn State. Having watched some of that game on TV, there was tons of purple (Alcorn fans) in the stadium. I?d say Alcorn had 7-8k fans there. They don?t play another home opponent that will bring nearly that many fans, thus there 30k for 5 games is gonna fall 4 games short. Honestly, I don?t blame their fans either. Their home schedule is nearly as bad as their offensive line. Both are just putrid.

RocketDawg
09-03-2019, 10:10 PM

Their stadium only holds 36,000 so having 30,000 would mean they're basically having sellouts with a few no-shows.

Cooterpoot
09-03-2019, 10:18 PM
USM gives away everything but a happy ending to get people to watch them

TaleofTwoDogs
09-03-2019, 10:29 PM
I'm still not convinced that the "official" attendance was correct. It looked like a lot more butts were in the seats than 22K.

Dawg61
09-04-2019, 01:32 AM
One thing he said was correct, college kids are becoming less and less interested in college sports. Especially in places elsewhere.

I don't necessarily agree with this. TV is the enemy for attendance. Yea the actual attendance was down but there were hundreds of thousands of people watching the game on TV while a game between ULL & MSU isn't generating nearly that same amount of attention twenty years ago yet it might have a higher attendance at the stadium than it does today.

confucius say
09-04-2019, 07:11 AM
Attendance is already dropping. Did yall see the crowd at Stanford Saturday when they hosted northwestern? Maybe 15k.

College football has major attendance issues and it?s leaders who have been feeding at the trough the last 15 years are doing nothing.

Ari Gold
09-04-2019, 07:51 AM
Dear USM
You are USM
The End

Commercecomet24
09-04-2019, 10:02 AM
USM gives away everything but a happy ending to get people to watch them

This. On game day you can just about walk into the stadium.

BeardoMSU
09-04-2019, 10:04 AM
Dear USM
You are USM
The End

Polymer Science, though!**

BulldogBear
09-04-2019, 04:38 PM
1) It is stretching, trolling, or desperation when a fan base is criticized for ROAD attendance. Really?

2) General attendance drop across college sports is about third party sales becoming to powerful. The ticket brokers involvement in college sports needs to reduced and attendance will return.

Maroonthirteen
09-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Schools are going to have to fix the cell phone data problem in stadium to get today?s kids to games. If their cell phone won?t work, they aren?t staying and won?t come back.

HoopsDawg
09-04-2019, 09:28 PM
Attendance is already dropping. Did yall see the crowd at Stanford Saturday when they hosted northwestern? Maybe 15k.

College football has major attendance issues and it?s leaders who have been feeding at the trough the last 15 years are doing nothing.

correct. it's a systematic issue that I posted about on the other board yesterday. college football has a problem. do they want to fix it or can 10-12 programs generate enough interest and revenue that it doesn't matter.

BuckyIsAB****
09-04-2019, 10:53 PM

No it doesnt. Nobody at Stanford cares.

RougeDawg
09-04-2019, 11:40 PM
Schools are going to have to fix the cell phone data problem in stadium to get today?s kids to games. If their cell phone won?t work, they aren?t staying and won?t come back.

I think you are on to something here. Today?s youngsters are so locked into their phones, they?d probably go to the Apple store to fix their phones before going to the ER for an emergency.

Took a bike ride today after work, through Tulane. Had to dodge a couple dozen students who never looked up from their phones as I approached them. Was incredible how little they were paying attention to anything around them. It was odd as they appeared zombie like. Even noticed that the ?walk signs? on campus had some weird added beeping sound you don?t usually see/hear around New Orleans.

BrunswickDawg
09-05-2019, 08:01 AM
I think you are on to something here. Today?s youngsters are so locked into their phones, they?d probably go to the Apple store to fix their phones before going to the ER for an emergency.

Took a bike ride today after work, through Tulane. Had to dodge a couple dozen students who never looked up from their phones as I approached them. Was incredible how little they were paying attention to anything around them. It was odd as they appeared zombie like. Even noticed that the ?walk signs? on campus had some weird added beeping sound you don?t usually see/hear around New Orleans.

The beeping sound is an ADA add on for vision impaired people. Been used in some places for a decade or so.