PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt's Film Review on ULL Game

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2019, 02:32 PM
Matt does such a wonderful job with these. Lets all support him by watching this & upping his view count on Youtube. He's such a resource for our fan base & I think we all want that to continue.

CadaverDawg
09-02-2019, 02:41 PM
Agree, I'm a big fan of Matt Wyatt.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2019, 03:02 PM
Matt does a really good job of illustrating some of the big issues with our defense:

- We really struggled picking up RBs out of the backfield. I would think that would be easily correctable. Almost good this happened early in the season so we can get it corrected by Auburn.

- The mis-direction of ULL's offense really hurt us. Again, good to see this early in the season. Allows us to fix some things early

R2Dawg
09-02-2019, 03:45 PM
Good breakdown by Matt. Boy bad missed call on block in the back on ULL TD. We made a lot of bad reads and they had perfect play calls on many plays. The mobile QB since we don't have big push up front is going to challenge this D. We have to be in better position on some plays. May have been more execution than we just didn't have the players to make the plays. ULL is well coached and executed very good, better than probably half SEC teams in opener.

Coach007
09-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Just one thing I would like to point out.

FINISH.....

Halfway through the 2nd quarter, they had a total of 68 yards. That's great defense. Then we slacked up and in 1 drive they got 69.

Going into the 4th, They had roughly 200 yards and we were up 35-14. We slacked up. Our defense is not bad. We just need that finish mentality from the young guys.

All of their other yards came in the 4th. 8,69, 99, and 32

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2019, 04:12 PM
Good breakdown by Matt. Boy bad missed call on block in the back on ULL TD. We made a lot of bad reads and they had perfect play calls on many plays. The mobile QB since we don't have big push up front is going to challenge this D. We have to be in better position on some plays. May have been more execution than we just didn't have the players to make the plays. ULL is well coached and executed very good, better than probably half SEC teams in opener.

The good news is that we really don't play many if anymore mobile QBs.

Tua & Bo Nix are maybe the closest, but neither of them an run like the ULL guy

R2Dawg
09-02-2019, 04:59 PM
The good news is that we really don't many if anymore mobile QBs.

Tua & Bo Nix are maybe the closest, but neither of them an run like the ULL guy

That is what I am hoping as well. I think our D can rebound with adjustments. I think Lovett and Crumedy can be good DT down the road.