PDA

View Full Version : KT at team meeting.....

Coach007
09-01-2019, 11:50 PM
Can anyone confirm???

Todd4State
09-01-2019, 11:54 PM
I'm not surprised. My big question is does last game count as his suspension?

I think he has a very real chance to be QB1 next year for us.

Sometimes we make rash decisions based on emotion when sometimes it's best to wait it out and be patient. Really no matter how it turns out coming back is the best thing for KT. As I said- he can win the job next year. And if not he still has the option to transfer. But if he chooses to transfer he can do so at a time where he could actually go in and possibly start somewhere else rather than have to sit out the year somewhere like he would have to do this year.

Coach007
09-02-2019, 12:01 AM
I think it adds so much to this offense to have him in at times.

Todd4State
09-02-2019, 12:04 AM

It could. We definitely used him in a two QB set in the Outback Bowl. I like our personnel either way at the skill positions. I would rather see some two back sets with Hill and Gibson and some two TE sets with Farrod and Dontae before I would like to see Key out there with Stevens to be honest.

Dawg61
09-02-2019, 12:21 AM
Key is a much better runner than TS and we are a more dangerous offense with the ability to bring in Key for some freshman year Tebow like packages. Let him throw it some too to keep defenses honest. TS has shown the ability to catch passes too so he doesn't necessarily have to leave the field when KT comes in every time. I hope KT stays. He's a good football player.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-02-2019, 02:12 AM
He was there.

Quaoarsking
09-02-2019, 08:19 AM
Assuming Stevens stays healthy and never sucks, the best case for both us and KT is to have him as a backup, limit him to 4 games so he can redshirt, also limit GS to 4 games so he can redshirt, and let KT focus on graduating by May.

If KT wins the job next Spring, great, he's got 2 years of eligibility left instead of 1. If he doesn't, he can transfer somewhere with 2 years to play, and GS can be our starter all the way through January 2024.

breazy
09-02-2019, 08:33 AM
Is there any way kt can graduate this fall or next spring? If so hes best to take a rs and graduate then have 2 years to play

Quaoarsking
09-02-2019, 08:47 AM
He's listed on the roster again: https://hailstate.com/roster.aspx?path=football
He wasn't when I checked it this past Friday, nor was he on the roster in the free programs they were handing out at the Superdome.

Is there any way kt can graduate this fall or next spring? If so hes best to take a rs and graduate then have 2 years to play
I don't have any inside information on his academic situation, but he enrolled in January 2017, so with 3 summers he ought to be able to finish by May 2020, if not sooner.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2019, 08:50 AM

If he's back, I can't imagine he plays in more than 4 games

Cooterpoot
09-02-2019, 08:53 AM
I would expect KT to redshirt then transfer. That’s the smart thing unless he’s clearly ahead of the other guys behind him.

Gutter Cobreh
09-02-2019, 08:54 AM
If he's back, I can't imagine he plays in more than 4 games

I can't either. Also, this was a pretty shifty way to divert attention away from a potential suspension. Outside from message board fodder, was there ever any confirmation given that he indeed was suspended for one game?

gravedigger
09-02-2019, 08:55 AM

Sometimes we make rash decisions based on emotion when sometimes it's best to wait it out and be patient. Really no matter how it turns out coming back is the best thing for KT. As I said- he can win the job next year. And if not he still has the option to transfer. But if he chooses to transfer he can do so at aSho time where he could actually go in and possibly start somewhere else rather than have to sit out the year somewhere like he would have to do this year.

I'd say yes, it counts as his suspension and that was planned all along. He may have also wanted to see what was out there.

Shotgun also makes a decent point that he may not play in more than 4 games in order to redshirt and still transfer at the end of the season. Or he may get his degree and be able to transfer without sitting.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2019, 09:19 AM
I can't either. Also, this was a pretty shifty way to divert attention away from a potential suspension. Outside from message board fodder, was there ever any confirmation given that he indeed was suspended for one game?

It's a good safety net as well.

If Stevens gets hurt, then I'm sure KT would be willing to waste his RS to start

Also, we can save his 4 games for a real injury situation or a helmet falls off vs LSU

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2019, 10:36 AM
KT back on the roster.

https://hailstate.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Bothrops
09-02-2019, 10:41 AM
Glad he's back. I don't think anyone felt comfortable with him gone.

justwin
09-02-2019, 10:43 AM
good for him. If Joe wants to do Key a solid, he'll name a starter after spring. That way, everyone will know and can make arrangements. If I'm Key, I'm gone if I'm not named starter after spring just like Tommy did. handshake & move on.

I would agree to play int he 4 game minimum this year unless Tommy goes down though. it's smart. It would suckass to sit around on campus this fall and not be apart of football. he'd be miserable.

I really think Key needs to go one of the Texas schools if he leaves like Houston, Baylor, Texas TEch, maybe West Vir,. I could see Florida too. I just hope he doesn't do a smaller LA or MS or Bama school if he leaves.

StarkVegasSteve
09-02-2019, 10:55 AM
KT was back and in meetings yesterday. I assume he'll dress on Saturday

Jack Lambert
09-02-2019, 10:58 AM

Sometimes we make rash decisions based on emotion when sometimes it's best to wait it out and be patient. Really no matter how it turns out coming back is the best thing for KT. As I said- he can win the job next year. And if not he still has the option to transfer. But if he chooses to transfer he can do so at a time where he could actually go in and possibly start somewhere else rather than have to sit out the year somewhere like he would have to do this year.

talking about suspension Christmas suspension ended up hurting. Was he part of the 9 or was his something else?

Jack Lambert
09-02-2019, 10:59 AM
KT was back and in meetings yesterday. I assume he'll dress on Saturday

Good news because watching our guys go down had me worried if our QB went down.

Hambone
09-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Crestman was suspended due to his arrest earlier this summer. He’s back

Jack Lambert
09-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Crestman was suspended due to his arrest earlier this summer. He?s back

Thanks for the info!

Cowbell
09-02-2019, 12:05 PM
Maybe, just maybe he saw Jalen hurts last night and had a wake-up call. Proud of him either way.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-02-2019, 01:33 PM
Maybe, just maybe he saw Jalen hurts last night and had a wake-up call. Proud of him either way.

He was back before that game was played.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-02-2019, 01:34 PM
I also don't think it's a forgone conclusion he RS. He may but don't be surprised if we use him in the Tommy Penn St role.

MaroonFlounder
09-02-2019, 01:56 PM
I also don't think it's a forgone conclusion he RS. He may but don't be surprised if we use him in the Tommy Penn St role.

^^^This. He's not a NFL QB. It shouldn't offend him to request that he play WR/Hback. I love the guy. He's still the highest rated QB we've ever signed, I believe.

Prentis
09-02-2019, 02:55 PM

With all of the skill players we have on the team, why would CJM risk putting KT on the field in that role?

Coursesuper
09-02-2019, 03:40 PM
^^^This. He's not a NFL QB. It shouldn't offend him to request that he play WR/Hback. I love the guy. He's still the highest rated QB we've ever signed, I believe.

Part of this statement is what's wrong, " KT is the highest rated QB we've ever signed". I find this logic very very flawed. Rated by who? A bunch of fan boy writers that actually assign these kids stars? Look I hope the kid does well and is able to change the trajectory of his family, but if he was the answer at QB at MSU Tommy Stevens would have never been asked to show up in Starkville. They would have tried to use that scholarship elsewhere.

AROB44
09-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Don't think KT was rated any higher than Mayden.

basedog
09-02-2019, 05:08 PM

Mayden is a mystery, I read were he is involved in Tudorgate, but I do wonder about his future at Msu.

MaroonFlounder
09-02-2019, 07:19 PM

Mayden was a high 3*. KT was a high 4*.

Maybe KT was overrated, IDK

MaroonFlounder
09-02-2019, 07:23 PM
Part of this statement is what's wrong, " KT is the highest rated QB we've ever signed". I find this logic very very flawed. Rated by who? A bunch of fan boy writers that actually assign these kids stars? Look I hope the kid does well and is able to change the trajectory of his family, but if he was the answer at QB at MSU Tommy Stevens would have never been asked to show up in Starkville. They would have tried to use that scholarship elsewhere.

None of what happened with KT in regards to high school ratings services has anything to do with what is going on with his college career at this time. He had great numbers and won a state championship in a big market in NOLA with a lot of eyes on his game.

Coursesuper
09-02-2019, 07:50 PM
None of what happened with KT in regards to high school ratings services has anything to do with what is going on with his college career at this time. He had great numbers and won a state championship in a big market in NOLA with a lot of eyes on his game.

I agree, my point is that fanbases like our trend to hang on things like a kids high school evaluation as justification why he should the next great player in the program , right wrong or indifferent. The problem I see is that those that are evaluating these kids are the same fanboy writers trying to get you give them money for the latest insider news about said schools athletic programs.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-02-2019, 08:56 PM
Mayden was a high 3*. KT was a high 4*.

Maybe KT was overrated, IDK

Mayden was low 4* & KT was low 4* but higher than Mayden. Shrader was rated in between the 2.

Homedawg
09-02-2019, 09:07 PM
And. Barring injury Mayden, will never be the qb here.

basedog
09-03-2019, 07:27 AM
And. Barring injury Mayden, will never be the qb here.

U may be right, QB's can be hard to judge for college ball.