PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Decadence Edition

Coach34
09-01-2019, 09:03 PM
1. Loved the 1st drive. You could tell it was very well planned and scripted. Excellent job

2. Like some things I saw from Tommy Boy. He certainly has a good arm and will do a solid job of throwing the football. He can run enough to keep average defenses honest. He will get better in the pocket as the season moves along. Good debut

3. Kylin Hill was probably the best thing from Saturday- but 27 carries is too many for him. He needs to be a 20 carry guy. Gibson only getting 2 carries was criminal. Needs to be a 20/10 ratio between those 2. But make no mistake- this team is built to #RTGDF. Use Gibson the way he should be used.

4. OL is good but didnt like seeing the injuries. I'm hoping we held the 2 out out the rest of the game as a precaution. Pass pro was pretty good but wasnt perfect- a couple of times Tommy Boy should have thrown it away but simply held it too long

5. Our DL is exactly what I thought it was- bad. We have no pass rush and are soft at DT. We will get exposed on D because this group aint ready and no elite pass-rusher. As I have told you guys numerous times- Spencer and Rivers are good DE's- especially against the run. They are not really good pass rushers. Our DT's will be shitty pass-rushers. We will have to bring pressure from LB to get pressure against good teams. Means alot of man coverage which likely leads to explosive plays by other teams. ULL put 428 yards of offense on us- we got problems.

6. We looked slow on D. Not sure why. We got tired playing inside in the AC. Saturday at 2:30 its supposed to be 97 degrees.

7. Punt team was fantastic. Had to use the back-up kicker and that sucked. He was certainly nervous. I like Dear returning punts- he has great hands altho he isnt super quick. I'll take sure-handed any day.

8. Joe finally ran a screen- thank you. Need more of them vs the aggressive D's in the SEC

9. showed up a couple of times as we got a delay after a possession change and had to call a TO to avoid another penalty. Got to clean it up.

10. Apparently we arent going to stop wearing our OG's and Center out by making them get down and hold their stance as we milk the playclock down trying to figure out if the play we called will work vs how the D is lined up. I personally think we are making a mistake there. Wearing out the legs of your interior linemen isnt worth the extra 10 seconds play after play we spend trying to figure out if the D is going to stay lined up as they are

11. 40 runs to 30 passes. Not bad on the mix. Southern will be somewhat better on D than ULL tho. Curious to see the mix next week and see if Joe can be patient enough to run the ball consistently. They dont have the run game that ULL has so that helps- got to pressure them somehow tho. I'll take USM +18.5 tho.

Hail State

chef dixon
09-01-2019, 09:20 PM
I agree on pretty much everything. No break down on decadence though?

boot
09-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Errol Thompson looks like he needs to drop 7-10 pounds. He didn’t look as quick to the ball to me.

Coach34
09-01-2019, 09:22 PM

I havent been to Decadence since I accidentally stumbled upon it in 2006. It's NOLA tho- I'm sure a good time was had by all

Bdawg
09-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Errol Thompson looks like he needs to drop 7-10 pounds. He didn?t look as quick to the ball to me.

Both linebackers did not look that great to me. Slow getting to the ball and way to many missed tackles. Gay's speed is being missed. Lewis just doesn't look like he's getting after it out there. Saw both loafing a few times in the second half(guess they were tiring). DL just has to grow up fast.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2019, 09:29 PM
We will cover the -18.5 in my opinion. Home field vs a team that will likely become one dimensional early....Shoop will be able to pin the ears back. I think we roll something like 41-14-ish.

We can overly criticize that game all we want, but we were breaking in a new DL against a misdirection offense with a QB that is quick as a cat. If we had overpursued all night trying to get pressure, we likely give up several long TD plays. I'm not saying I was pleased, or that we dont need to improve on D....but that was a bit of an unusual ground attack that required assignments being maintained and was loaded with veterans, while we were breaking in new guys. I'm not ready to concede that our DL will be awful all year yet. But I definitely understand the concern and share it to a degree

Scared_Hitless
09-01-2019, 09:30 PM
I will comment specifically on #9 I was in the Dome and the playclock malfunctioned on the delay of game. No excuse we need internal clock but that caused it. In regards to the TO that was on Joey Jones he sent and extra player on the field we were flagged for it later in the game and he did it twice not sure how that happens. The player even knew but the coach sent him Joe caught it once thus the timeout but the second time we were flagged.

chef dixon
09-01-2019, 09:34 PM
Its a shame we haven't found a way to truly use Malik Dear more. He really does have amazing hands. Just a really good natural athlete.

confucius say
09-01-2019, 09:40 PM
Agree with pretty much all this.

Also find it interesting that Pickering, Russell, nor Witherspoon played a snap.

ShotgunDawg
09-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Its a shame we haven't found a way to truly use Malik Dear more. He really does have amazing hands. Just a really good natural athlete.

I think he’s going to be really good on punt returns. He’s not overly quick, but he’s hard to tackle

Homedawg
09-01-2019, 09:47 PM
Pretty spot on.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-01-2019, 09:50 PM
Spot on with #3 and #5. Our best pass rusher off the edge as a DE might be Demonte Russell. And losing Simmons, Hoyette, Thomas, Brown, Autry, and Harris at DT is just too much to lose. We are going to be vulnerable to the run between the tackles. And we don't have that pass rushing threat that scares an offense.

I was shocked to see the Hill/Gibson rushing spread at 27/2. Just stupid. It's a long season. You have to protect your players. Hill can't handle that type of load for 12 weeks.

Coach34
09-01-2019, 09:51 PM
We will cover the -18.5 in my opinion. Home field vs a team that will likely become one dimensional early....Shoop will be able to pin the ears back. I think we roll something like 41-14-ish.

LMAO- we arent putting 40 on Southern's D. They were 19th in the country last year in Scoring D and return alot of starters. This is likely going to be a 27-17 or 24-14 game

I seen it dawg
09-01-2019, 09:53 PM
I still don't understand 10. I get trying to run the right play into the right look but damn. Let's snap the ball and go.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2019, 09:54 PM
LMAO- we arent putting 40 on Southern's D. They were 19th in the country last year in Scoring D and return alot of starters. This is likely going to be a 27-17 or 24-14 game

I disagree. If they can't run the ball, it will create short fields. I'm not saying I guarantee we will score 40, I'm just saying I feel confident we will cover 18.5.

Coach34
09-01-2019, 09:57 PM
I disagree. If they can't run the ball, it will create short fields. I'm not saying I guarantee we will score 40, I'm just saying I feel confident we will cover 18.5.

But they will be able to run the ball- because our DT's suck. They wont hammer us- but they will be able to run enough to keep the chains moving. Hell, I'm hoping we win the game. This game in no way will be a blowout. They are as good if not better than ULL.

I seen it dawg
09-01-2019, 10:00 PM
I think film review against a true opponent along with being at home should help us a lot.

Doggie_Style
09-01-2019, 10:02 PM
Spot on with #3 and #5. Our best pass rusher off the edge as a DE might be Demonte Russell. And losing Simmons, Hoyette, Thomas, Brown, Autry, and Harris at DT is just too much to lose. We are going to be vulnerable to the run between the tackles. And we don't have that pass rushing threat that scares an offense.

I was shocked to see the Hill/Gibson rushing spread at 27/2. Just stupid. It's a long season. You have to protect your players. Hill can't handle that type of load for 12 weeks.

Agree completely....JoMo was crazy not to sub in Gibson more....Hill is guaranteed to get hurt if he continues to play him like that...I’m not sure there are any answers on defense considering the situation at DL....UL ran the ball at will on us in the second half

I seen it dawg
09-01-2019, 10:03 PM
Not that I'm saying it's gonna fix everything but should help the young guys improve. Again as i have said before, our personnel is what it is. It's young and has to play. Just keep getting better.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2019, 10:03 PM
But they will be able to run the ball- because our DT's suck. They wont hammer us- but they will be able to run enough to keep the chains moving. Hell, I'm hoping we win the game. This game in no way will be a blowout. They are as good if not better than ULL.

You don't know that. They didn't run it on ****ing Alcorn, and our line is better than Alcorn's. I disagree with you, so we'll see

CadaverDawg
09-01-2019, 10:04 PM
I think film review against a true opponent along with being at home should help us a lot.

I agree. And I hope so

Coach34
09-01-2019, 10:06 PM

No doubt- we will get better. But 95 degrees in the sun means our DT's will have to play less plays and the back-ups play more. Thats not good for us. We are playing a good D Saturday as well- much better than the one we just played.

msstate7
09-01-2019, 10:07 PM
No doubt- we will get better. But 95 degrees in the sun means our DT's will have to play less plays and the back-ups play more. Thats not good for us. We are playing a good D Saturday as well- much better than the one we just played.

Interesting point. If the we're out of shape theory is correct, expect it to be obvious Saturday

Pollodawg
09-01-2019, 10:09 PM
We will finish 8-4, but not because we’re that great. It’s because Arkansas, OM, and UT are awful. UK is a tossup, but it’s in Starkville.

We can finish with a better record than last season despite the fact that we’re not as good as we were then. Offense took a modest step forward. Defense took a big one backwards.

confucius say
09-01-2019, 10:10 PM

Usm is better defensively no question. But nowhere near ull offensively. Ull ol is way, way better than usm. Backs too. Qb prob push.

Homedawg
09-01-2019, 10:11 PM
We will finish 8-4, but not because we’re that great. It’s because Arkansas, OM, and UT are awful. UK is a tossup, but it’s in Starkville.

We can finish with a better record than last season despite the fact that we’re not as good as we were then. Offense took a modest step forward. Defense took a big one backwards.

We CAN win 8 it's not a given. Not close. I'll go w 7 and won't be shocked w 6

Coach34
09-01-2019, 10:15 PM
well- here is something people have to understand:

USM didnt care one bit about playing Alcorn. They were excited to play a different team other than their D in practice- but they werent up for the game. They will be super pumped to play us Saturday. They didnt scout Alcorn near as hard as us and probably spent most of August prepping for us- not Alcorn. They are going to bring it Saturday. Take the 18.5

Pollodawg
09-01-2019, 10:22 PM

USM didnt care one bit about playing Alcorn. They were excited to play a different team other than their D in practice- but they werent up for the game. They will be super pumped to play us Saturday. They didnt scout Alcorn near as hard as us and probably spent most of August prepping for us- not Alcorn. They are going to bring it Saturday. Take the 18.5

By the same token, I doubt State spent a ton of time prepping for ULL. We looked like we couldn’t have cared less most of that game on D.

confucius say
09-01-2019, 10:24 PM

True. But works both ways. You think we gave a crap about playing a ull team we beat by 46 last year? We?ll be much more emotionally locked in this Saturday. I?m laying it at 17 if it drops.

I seen it dawg
09-01-2019, 10:39 PM

From post above this.....

Not that I'm saying it's gonna fix everything but should help the young guys improve. Again as i have said before, our personnel is what it is. It's young and has to play. Just keep getting better.

Skydawg1
09-01-2019, 11:07 PM
No doubt- we will get better. But 95 degrees in the sun means our DT's will have to play less plays and the back-ups play more. Thats not good for us. We are playing a good D Saturday as well- much better than the one we just played.Is it too late to make them wear black Saturday?

Coach007
09-01-2019, 11:13 PM
Line for line.... and yep we agree some.

1- Was outstanding, and I will add 98% of the calls were outstanding. What helps with this is the QB knowing the system and the pre-snap and post snap.

2- He made mistakes. What is promising is that HE can tell you with certainty what they were. That is what is needed for any player to improve.

3- I love the now opposite opinion. We did not give it to him enough last year (even though we told you and others it was Fitz on his reads) and now... we are giving it to him too much! Now, I happen to agree with you that we should have had Gibson in more. Just the irony here is fun.

4- The OL isn't good... they are GREAT. One of those "Tommy held it too long" was actually Tommy NOT seeing the pre snap blitz and he failed to put people in the right place to pick that up.

5- The DL wasn't bad. It's not great either. But they only allowed like 40 total yards in the 1st quarter. Through the midish way of the 2nd quarter, they had only 68 yards of total offense. And just for the sake of your own knowledge. They averaged barely a yard more per rushing attempt this year than last. Ragas averaged the exact same and had 2 more carries. Calais had 8 more caries than last year and his average was about the same.. a little less. The truth is they elected to run it more because they found out it was their strength. We disagree here. the DL doesn't suck they are young and will grow.

6- Not sure why?? Seriously coach? Tempo and the lack of being able to sub in wouldn't have a thing to do with it would it? Bet it does! And Sat is suppose to be 90 not 97.... bu it doesn't really matter.

7- Agree. Punter was great. FG not so much. Blame the guy who let his team down by being a kid. Then Dixon... That gave them a TD.... which btw was not on rushing but Passing short routes.

8- You don't need them.... there are other options as you well know. But yes... they are nice to throw in.

9- YEP! Must clean a lot of things up and that's 1. Tommy has to clean up putting the line and defenders in position to not get killed. He has to have a better vision on pocket break down runs. We had Guidry run a wrong route and missed a large play due to it. Gibson dropped a 1st down pass. Hill missed a block. Young Dbs not in place all of the time. A kid touching a punt and pretty much giving them a TD. Tons of small things that are generally cleaned with ease. Which is why I am very optimistic about going into Auburn undefeated.

10- There is no problem there and it makes for future tempo to be unexpected. This isn't Mullen's offense. It is nothing like it.

11- Next week will more test our young Dbs. They will pass it way more than run.

Pollodawg
09-01-2019, 11:37 PM
If we had Christmann, we make that first FG, which gives us 41 pts. If we don’t essentially have a special teams guy have a mental meltdown like he’s never played a down of football in his life, that’s 7pts off of ULL. If that second first half td of their’s was wiped away over offensive PI ,like it shoulda been, that’s another seven off the board.

At that point, it’s basically a 41-14 game. Defense wasn’t great at all. But they’re realiy only responsible for two of those tds.

Bothrops
09-01-2019, 11:56 PM
We need to put De'Monte Russell in at DE. We have no pass rush and nothing to lose.

Todd4State
09-02-2019, 12:02 AM
We need to put De'Monte Russell in at DE. We have no pass rush and nothing to lose.

I was wondering about that today. We had heard that he looked good in practice and we had some issues there this weekend. He's probably worth a look especially if Spencer is out at least as a back up or on some third downs to see what happens.

basedog
09-02-2019, 07:18 AM
I think our guys will as fired up as well playing Usm, no reason for them not to be. Playing at home, I'm sure the defensive staff understands what went wrong, mostly 4th quarter was ULL doing the damage. I think being a young defensive team they let up thinking we got this. Up until that point we weren't nearly as bad, we played soft kinda like a prevent defense.
Also I realize when Vegas puts the spread on their board and when teams don't cover fans who care about the spread think we lost. I could care less about the spread, such as the time when we went to Atlanta and played Tenn for the Sec championship game, that team had many close wins.

You guys enjoy what we have, it's a rebuilding year, IF we do cover the spread I'm sure I will be reading Usm ain't any good. I'm not sure Usm would beat ULL at the dome either.

See y'all at the game Saturday or at least some, I sure hope we have a good crowd. HailState

somebodyshotmypaw
09-02-2019, 08:31 AM

De'monte is young, needs to add strength and weight, and is still learning technique. But he could help us on 3rd and long. He can help us if they pick the spots to play him. But remember that many offenses run tempo and limit substitutions by the defense. De'monte can be manhandled by offensive linemen. But his speed off the edge reminds me of Sweat. He has a chance to be something special.

Coursesuper
09-02-2019, 09:02 AM

We CAN win 8 it's not a given. Not close. I'll go w 7 and won't be shocked w 6

This is exactly where I am, the offense will have a bad day and the defense will not be there to bail them out. We will probably drop,one we shouldn't.

Westdawg
09-02-2019, 10:48 AM

Come on, now. ULL would beat the breaks off of USM.
I'll go ahead and bet you a two week hiatus that we beat USM by 14. If you honestly believe what you just typed, then we may not win another game this year aside from Abilene.

maroonmania
09-02-2019, 10:53 AM
On #5 I thought our DTs might be passable this year when I thought Autry and Love would likely be the starters. NCAA took care of that. Lovett and Crumedy should be our 2nd teamers but are having to start out of necessity.

msstate7
09-02-2019, 10:54 AM
I'll go ahead and bet you a two week hiatus that we beat USM by 14. If you honestly believe what you just typed, then we may not win another game this year aside from Abilene.
Line is 16.5.

TALL DAWG
09-02-2019, 11:05 AM

Rumor has it USM will be w/o their top WR and RB this Saturday.
If so, they?ll struggle even more on offense.

chef dixon
09-02-2019, 11:11 AM
They have a cute defense I'm sure. If we don't move the ball with relative ease I'll be concerned considering who we have coming up.

Auburn's defense looked scary good to me once they settled into the game. They are probably going to be the MSU 2018 defense of the conference this year.

msstate7
09-02-2019, 11:18 AM
They have a cute defense I'm sure. If we don't move the ball with relative ease I'll be concerned considering who we have coming up.

Auburn's defense looked scary good to me once they settled into the game. They are probably going to be the MSU 2018 defense of the conference this year.

Not sure how much you can extrapolate from this, but last season we gave up 304 yards to auburn and usm gave up 341. They held their own with auburn losing 24-13. No idea who they lost from last season. Different year and all though...

msstate7
09-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Assuming usm didn't lose a boat load off the defense, this will be a nice little pre-conference test for Stevens and the offense. #3 nationally in total defense and #27 in S&P+ defense.

Coach34
09-02-2019, 11:36 AM
Not sure how much you can extrapolate from this, but last season we gave up 304 yards to auburn and usm gave up 341. They held their own with auburn losing 24-13. No idea who they lost from last season. Different year and all though...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/31/18204093/2019-ncaa-football-returning-starters-experience

According to this article they have one of the most experienced teams in the country with returning production. They were 19th in the country in Scoring D last year

This one likes them also- https://www.cfbhourglass.com/home/2019/6/20/2019-southern-miss-football-projections-on-the-hg

Homedawg
09-02-2019, 11:40 AM
On #5 I thought our DTs might be passable this year when I thought Autry and Love would likely be the starters. NCAA took care of that. Lovett and Crumedy should be our 2nd teamers but are having to start out of necessity.

Love wouldn't be starting if he were cleared. Matter of fact, I'm Not sure he'd even play.

Westdawg
09-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Line is 16.5.
But 34 is saying USM is better than ULL and we might actually lose to them.
Alright, I'll bite.
We win by at least 17. I stand by the terms. 2 week hiatus for the loser

Coach34
09-02-2019, 11:48 AM
But 34 is saying USM is better than ULL and we might actually lose to them.
Alright, I'll bite.
We win by at least 17. I stand by the terms. 2 week hiatus for the loser

It opened at 18.5 and dropped 2 points quick. I def like USM +17. I'll take it. Let's have some fun.

Schultzy
09-02-2019, 11:48 AM
12. Our weak side DE?s are biting hard on play action, not staying home, and leaving the back side completely wide open.

13. Idiot Greg Byrne should never have scheduled Southern Miss. We may get out of this series without a loss but do not re-up

Mjoelner34
09-02-2019, 11:58 AM
#9: Just watched the replay and as soon as the return was blown dead, the 40 second clock started and never stopped. Unless I'm misinterpreting the rule, it should have been a 25 second clock and should have started when whistled 'ready for play' by the ref. The same thing was also happening on extra points even though they are 'after a score' on the list below.

If the officials signal the Game Clock to be stopped for any of the following reasons, the Play Clock
shall be set to 25 seconds, and will start on the Referee’s signal:
-Penalty administration -Charged Team or Media Timeout
-Measurement -Team B is awarded a 1st down and will next snap the ball
-After a kick down -After a Score
-Start of each period -Start of a Team’s possession series in an extra period
-Instant Replay review -Other administrative stoppage

Ari Gold
09-02-2019, 12:06 PM

Agree 100%... those four in a rotation every week would have made the DT talk less vocal.
But it?s the hand we are dealt with have and have to make the most of it .. and how the kids all grow up faster than expected .

Ari Gold
09-02-2019, 12:12 PM
And some here act like we just played a Pop Warner team.. ULL actually won 7 games last year with a lot of key guys back and will be around that same win total again ... I had much rather had this game played to start the year than hammering some shit bag team at home by 40...
Not sugar coating but damn ... the score at one point was 35-14

R2Dawg
09-02-2019, 12:33 PM
You don't know that. They didn't run it on ****ing Alcorn, and our line is better than Alcorn's. I disagree with you, so we'll see

Tend to agree with you Cadaver but guess we will see.

chef dixon
09-02-2019, 01:16 PM
#9: Just watched the replay and as soon as the return was blown dead, the 40 second clock started and never stopped. Unless I'm misinterpreting the rule, it should have been a 25 second clock and should have started when whistled 'ready for play' by the ref. The same thing was also happening on extra points even though they are 'after a score' on the list below.

If the officials signal the Game Clock to be stopped for any of the following reasons, the Play Clock
shall be set to 25 seconds, and will start on the Referee’s signal:
-Penalty administration -Charged Team or Media Timeout
-Measurement -Team B is awarded a 1st down and will next snap the ball
-After a kick down -After a Score
-Start of each period -Start of a Team’s possession series in an extra period
-Instant Replay review -Other administrative stoppage

Yea it was definitely an error by the officials and seemed clear being there in person. Between that and not knowing it was second down, I think it was clearly week 1 for the officials as well. That said, pretty clean game penalty wise.

BuckyIsAB****
09-02-2019, 05:04 PM
Its funny. Everyone in the State program and former players all say Spencer is really good on the edge. I guess they are all wrong and you are right. Again the biggest problem on our defense saturday was not the DL. It was our LBs and edge defenders. The DEs could have played better and done better on the jet sweep and boots but those plays are primarily on your playside and backside edge defenders. Its not like they lined up and pounded it down our throat

Coach007
09-02-2019, 05:14 PM
I'm just going to keep saying it..

- We played nothing special as far as defense or offense because we didn't have to.

- We created 5 Turn overs.

- We held them to 68 yards through 1 and a half quarters and let our guard down on a drive.

- We held them to 200 yards through 3 quarters and 3 minutes and the score was 35-14 and we let our guard down and allowed them 200 plus. That's due to youth and the DC saying just work and grow. He didn't change it up and do anything different ... he just let them GROW.

- We had plenty of penetration and failed to make the sacks and TFLs on the QB because he was good at not getting caught. We have had those types of QBs and you should know them by now.

- They DID NOT do anything better this year vs our defense than last year. Those backs averaged the EXACT same. The difference is we were so far ahead, they abandoned the run after 14 carries by them.

THE SKY DID NOT FALL. All the young people have to learn is to FINISH and not let up.

WE WILL CRUSH USM!!!! It's not going to be close unless we decide to go into our 3 deep for experience.

Coach34
09-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Its funny. Everyone in the State program and former players all say Spencer is really good on the edge. I guess they are all wrong and you are right. Again the biggest problem on our defense saturday was not the DL. It was our LBs and edge defenders. The DEs could have played better and done better on the jet sweep and boots but those plays are primarily on your playside and backside edge defenders. Its not like they lined up and pounded it down our throat

Holy cow- thats some heavy ass spin. We had one sack vs ULL- so make of that what you will.

1st downs- State 29 ULL 27.....thats pretty damn even. Giving up 27 1st downs on D to anybody is not good. You know this. Everyone knows this

They ran for 4.4 per carry. To act like that isnt concerning vs a G-5 team is laughable. They ran for what- 2.0 last year?

Total Yards- State 497 ULL 431....to act like this wasnt a pretty even game is laughable. We are damn lucky they ran that dumbass pass behind the LOS in the 1st Q on 4th and 1 inside our 30- because if they had just lined up and ran right at us- they get the 1st and that game is alot closer heading into the 4th.

For all this excitement about Tommy Boy and the offense? ULL out-passed us Saturday. And they are considered to be a running team. How does that not concern you?

Saturday's game was very even matched and that is a scary thought right now.

I seen it dawg
09-02-2019, 07:33 PM

What in the **** is it with people betting a ban??? Wtf. PSA...don't do bet bans. 1. We've never done that here and B. All it does is stir up fighting.

RezDog7
09-02-2019, 09:24 PM
It opened at 18.5 and dropped 2 points quick. I def like USM +17. I'll take it. Let's have some fun.

How is your peewee flag football team doing this year?

Cooterpoot
09-02-2019, 09:34 PM
USM will get destroyed this weekend. They’re not good.

Coach34
09-02-2019, 09:39 PM
How is your peewee flag football team doing this year?

We are undefeated and have been reported to the league office because our 12 year old is 6?3, 230 and runs a 4.8. They think we are cheating.

Coach007
09-02-2019, 09:55 PM
Holy cow- thats some heavy ass spin. We had one sack vs ULL- so make of that what you will.

1st downs- State 29 ULL 27.....thats pretty damn even. Giving up 27 1st downs on D to anybody is not good. You know this. Everyone knows this

They ran for 4.4 per carry. To act like that isnt concerning vs a G-5 team is laughable. They ran for what- 2.0 last year?

Total Yards- State 497 ULL 431....to act like this wasnt a pretty even game is laughable. We are damn lucky they ran that dumbass pass behind the LOS in the 1st Q on 4th and 1 inside our 30- because if they had just lined up and ran right at us- they get the 1st and that game is alot closer heading into the 4th.

For all this excitement about Tommy Boy and the offense? ULL out-passed us Saturday. And they are considered to be a running team. How does that not concern you?

You are simply not being truthful or you are ignorant.

They ran the exact same average as last year with their 3 main backs. The difference is we were way up and they abandoned the run to throw it.

And you damn well know it.

BuckyIsAB****
09-02-2019, 10:23 PM

35-14 in the 4th quarter dude. If Im spinning positive you are spinning negative. Relax. I know you watched the game, they did not line up and run inside zone or power/counter down our throats.

Jet sweep and boot hurt us more than anything and bad tackling especially by 40 and 10 hurt us

RezDog7
09-02-2019, 10:38 PM
We are undefeated and have been reported to the league office because our 12 year old is 6?3, 230 and runs a 4.8. They think we are cheating.

You're an amazing coach then. Maybe you should stick with that because you're a terrible troll and poster.

Coach34
09-03-2019, 12:28 PM
You are simply not being truthful or you are ignorant.

They ran the exact same average as last year with their 3 main backs. The difference is we were way up and they abandoned the run to throw it.

And you damn well know it.

Last year they had 65 yards on 25 carries for a 2.5 average. This year they averaged 4.4 per carry. I?m not lying nor am i being ignorant. I?m simply stating facts.

Coach007
09-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Last year they had 65 yards on 25 carries for a 2.5 average. This year they averaged 4.4 per carry. I?m not lying nor am i being ignorant. I?m simply stating facts.

You are doing.. LOL!!

Look up their 3 headed monster sir.

Almost the exact same!

Calais.. 9 ypc last year.. 8.8 this year
Ragas 7 last year, and 7 this year.
Mitchell 0 last year 2.2 this year.

The difference is the rushed it only 14 times last year and this year 32.

Those other numbers are from chump carries... but you know this

Bothrops
09-03-2019, 01:24 PM
We will beat the brakes off USM. KSU, however could be a very scary game.

dantheman4248
09-07-2019, 08:28 PM

Tough beat two weeks in a row you take losses.

Maybe gambling isn?t for you.

Saltydog
09-07-2019, 08:50 PM
I'd be careful calling out anyone if I were you. After all, you said we were the third best team in the SEC and that we would go 11-1. Are you and Coach 007 one in the same?

dantheman4248
09-07-2019, 09:01 PM
I'd be careful calling out anyone if I were you. After all, you said we were the third best team in the SEC and that we would go 11-1. Are you and Coach 007 one in the same?

I’m only calling out those who feel the need to bet against our school and announce it on our board. IMO no place for that blatant “hey i’m rooting against us” here. Keep it to the casinos.

If you wanna call me out if i do somehow end up wrong about how positive I predicted the team, go ahead. Don’t know why people take glee in predicting our team to do worse.

Just make sure to call me out if i’m wrong about losing to texas a&m too.

dantheman4248
09-07-2019, 09:15 PM

We can overly criticize that game all we want, but we were breaking in a new DL against a misdirection offense with a QB that is quick as a cat. If we had overpursued all night trying to get pressure, we likely give up several long TD plays. I'm not saying I was pleased, or that we dont need to improve on D....but that was a bit of an unusual ground attack that required assignments being maintained and was loaded with veterans, while we were breaking in new guys. I'm not ready to concede that our DL will be awful all year yet. But I definitely understand the concern and share it to a degree

Missed FG and a two point conversion off. Bravo prediction.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2019, 10:53 PM
Missed FG and a two point conversion off. Bravo prediction.

Thanks. I guess since Coach won't be bumping this thread, I will.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2019, 10:57 PM
Thanks. I guess since Coach won't be bumping this thread, I will.

You pretty much nailed the game CD.

basedog
09-08-2019, 07:22 AM
You pretty much nailed the game CD.

Folks who are into "stats" will say, OH it was close. But in reality, it wasn't and I will say it should couldn't wouldn't been much worse for Usm if Stevens would have played a little longer.

Just saying, Abrams played better than I thought he would.