PDA

View Full Version : Interesting OM fans' breakdown of their OL (dear god it's brutal)

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-01-2019, 08:09 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/cyg64j/ole_miss_offensive_line_review_vs_memphis_83119/

basically, on 90% of their plays there was an assignment whiff, a OL getting bull rushed, or an OL getting juked. All vs a G5 DL that isn't proven or expected to be good. This level of incompetence extends far beyond simple fixes, it shows they have both no talent, aren't in shape, and have poor coaching. They may be the worst OL we face this year

Todd4State
09-01-2019, 08:20 PM
Well, we all got a glimpse at their coaching. Which was literally put your head on a guy's junk.

BeastMan
09-02-2019, 08:41 AM
They have an OL of all small, slow, unathletic white boys. Not a single one will play in the league. It’s definitely the worst line in the SEC and is likely in the running for worst in the SEC the last 10 years.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2019, 08:43 AM
Amazing to me that Ealy & Mingo signed up to play for that team.

It's like the people advising them didn't understand football

starkvegasdawg
09-02-2019, 09:50 AM

They understood the bags of cash being dropped on their doorstep and didn't have the long range critical thinking skills to think beyond that.

bobcat91
09-02-2019, 09:54 AM

They get what they deserve

TUSK
09-02-2019, 10:30 AM
They understood the bags of cash being dropped on their doorstep and don’t have future time orientation .

Fify

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2019, 10:37 AM
They understood the bags of cash being dropped on their doorstep and didn't have the long range critical thinking skills to think beyond that.

Meanwhile, we are red-shirting a 5 LT & have multiple 4 stars waiting in the wings along with Cole Smith becoming eligible next season.

Sucks for them

Bothrops
09-02-2019, 11:05 AM
Ealy was overrated. There's no way he should have been a 5 star.

Pollodawg
09-02-2019, 11:09 AM
If you wanna watch some bad football, tune in to the Arky/OM game Sat. That’s gonna be brutal. Which ever team loses that one, there ain’t a winnable game on that schedule.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Ealy was overrated. There's no way he should have been a 5 star.

I'm not sure. He's really talented. Problem is, we'll never see it in college due to him making the choice to play behind the worst OL in college football

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2019, 11:17 AM
If you wanna watch some bad football, tune in to the Arky/OM game Sat. That’s gonna be brutal. Which ever team loses that one, there ain’t a winnable game on that schedule.

I can't wait

msstate7
09-02-2019, 11:19 AM

I actually wanna watch that game, tenn, auburn, and LSU. I'm sure I'll spend most time on Texas LSU

Maroonthirteen
09-02-2019, 12:07 PM
The line is OM -6. 57 1/2 U. What am I missing? No way those teams put up 58 points

RocketDawg
09-02-2019, 12:09 PM
I actually wanna watch that game, tenn, auburn, and LSU. I'm sure I'll spend most time on Texas LSU

Our game with USM is on at the same time as Clemson/A&M, and I wanted to see that one.

BuckyIsAB****
09-02-2019, 10:29 PM
They get what they deserve

Mullen recruited Mingo as a safety. It put us behind from the jump they had proven they could throw it we could not. We made it a signing day decision at the end but he is a loyal kid and stuck to his word to them

dantheman4248
09-03-2019, 05:15 AM
>Thinking Ealy won’t play this whole season then transfer elsewhere thus securing his bag and getting his playing time. He’ll get his transfer waiver to wherever approved too.

timotheus
09-03-2019, 06:14 AM
Mr Luke says he has a true freshman OL who must get into the next game vs the Hogs. sounds juicy and will make for some terrible football to watch

Maroonthirteen
09-03-2019, 09:29 AM
Ealy is going to play in every game...... Unless he tells the coaches no.

msudawglb
09-03-2019, 09:48 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/cyg64j/ole_miss_offensive_line_review_vs_memphis_83119/

basically, on 90% of their plays there was an assignment whiff, a OL getting bull rushed, or an OL getting juked. All vs a G5 DL that isn't proven or expected to be good. This level of incompetence extends far beyond simple fixes, it shows they have both no talent, aren't in shape, and have poor coaching. They may be the worst OL we face this year

Maybe their OL was just disappointed that none of the Memphis DL was trying to put a thumb up their ass.

vv83
09-03-2019, 10:14 AM
>Thinking Ealy won?t play this whole season then transfer elsewhere thus securing his bag and getting his playing time. He?ll get his transfer waiver to wherever approved too.

Can we find a sick aunt he has in Starkville?**