PDA

View Full Version : We'll never do shit due to our own damn idiotic fanbase.....

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 12:06 PM
I said it. It includes all of you, and me.

I don't know if Mullen needs to be fired, or Hud needs to be hired. It doesn't matter. But wait until the end of the season to do it. Support the damn team for 5 more games instead of running it down.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 12:09 PM
The fan base hasn't been the one shitting the bed the last 13 games, Goat.

And nobody has quit supporting the team. And it is just as easy to say that people like you that want to stand around and do nothing but say "all is well til the season ends", are a problem. So making a blanket statement like you just did, is really silly IMO.

You can't wait around at MSU and expect things to just get better. It doesn't work that way. We have seen this before, and Mullen isn't just going to suddenly regain that fire and have us on a mission to win 9-10 games. The writing is on the wall, but you can choose to ignore it if you want. That's fine. But I will not, and I think there's several more that won't either.

TrapGame
10-25-2013, 12:10 PM

And nobody has quit supporting the team. And it is just as easy to say that people like you that want to stand around and do nothing but say "all is well til the season ends", are a problem. So making a blanket statement like you just did, is really silly

Damn, where's the like button?!!

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 12:14 PM
The same board that acknowledges that message boards hurt recruiting is the one that is running down the program the most at the moment. There is NOTHING wrong with letting the season play out and making an informed, rational, emotionless decision with all the facts on the table. It's actually the correct way to do business. Your shaming techniques aren't going to change that.

And it is just as easy to say that people like you that want to stand around and do nothing but say "all is well til the season ends", are a problem.

Nothing in that quote describes me.

RougeDawg
10-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Yes, I was in attendance last night and we are heading in the wrong direction as a program right now.

I will say the use of Jumbotron and music was much improved last night. Maybe all the tweets to Strick finally worked.

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 12:19 PM
In addition, here's a few things we know as fact:

- Many people on this board are being led by a figurehead with an ax to grind, as I've pointed out before. A vendetta has been formed against the AD, as if they are failing. Same AD that covers our baseball program that just finished as national runner-ups and may very well be funding an incredible baseball expansion/construction/whatever you want to call it.

- Turning on a coach midseason ALWAYS leads to disaster.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 12:19 PM
The same board that acknowledges that message boards hurt recruiting is the one that is running down the program the most at the moment. There is NOTHING wrong with letting the season play out and making an informed, rational, emotionless decision with all the facts on the table. It's actually the correct way to do business. Your shaming techniques are going to change that.

Nothing in that quote describes me.

Well I can promise you that nothing on here hurts recruiting as much as what is happening on the field right now. And the fact that our boosters have mailed it in this year when it comes to recruiting, is bigger than this board as well. So waiting around isn't helping anything right now. In most years, I would agree with you. And I'm not running down anything but 1 person. Any recruits should be excited that IF we make a change, they know we will likely be getting a winner that they will love playing for. A guy that is becoming a coaching commodity. To me, that is far better than the uncertainty of everybody waiting til year end to see if this pant shitting improves to a shart.

basedog
10-25-2013, 12:23 PM
I do agree with Goat, but after watching last night, I realize Dan hasn't got much of a chance mainly because the fans in the stands have become frustrated the way thing are going and really have been going. But, I do think there is private talk going on in Bryan Building about our HC and his situation.

What I'm really hoping is for Dan to find a new job shortly and not be fired cause he is in a losing situation as of today. Damn how things have changed so quickly, 4-3 with more games to go but the lease is short now!

Last night was bad for our OC and DC plus Dan.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 12:23 PM
- Turning on a coach midseason ALWAYS leads to disaster.

Waiting around can also lead to disaster. If you could have gone back to when Sherrill started tanking, would you have rather our fans/boosters started calling for a change when he first lost control? Because allowing him 2 extra years set us back 5 more. It's not as cut and dry as you say, but I respect your opinion, and you have every right to wait til season's end.

If our big money guys have mailed it in though..you have to admit that this is a bigger problem than just Mullen.

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 12:25 PM
And the fact that our boosters have mailed it in this year when it comes to recruiting, is bigger than this board as well.

Fact? Why, because Political Hack said so? Look I like PH and think he's knowledgeable and a nice guy, but he's a big boy and his feelings toward the AD are exactly that.....HIS. I know people too, and I'm not hearing the same things. Guess we'll see at the end of the year.

Any recruits should be excited that IF we make a change, they know we will likely be getting a winner that they will love playing for. A guy that is becoming a coaching commodity. To me, that is far better than the uncertainty of everybody waiting til year end to see if this pant shitting improves to a shart.

Hud seems to be a good coach. But until December we aren't in the market for a new coach. I personally think Mullen's problems are due to a lack of senior leadership and injuries. Those things change. We're already seeing some younger players emerge. We owe it to the man to see it out this year and judge him at the end. Note that I did NOT say we owe it him to give him a job forever. But he should get this year with our 100% support.

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2013, 12:25 PM
I don't love the negativity, but the truth is that Mullen can control all of this. All this negativity ends if this team starts playing better. Win at SC or TAMU and we will all be back on board. We need momentum and only Mullen can provide that.

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Waiting around can also lead to disaster. If you could have gone back to when Sherrill started tanking, would you have rather our fans/boosters started calling for a change when he first lost control? Because allowing him 2 extra years set us back 5 more. It's not as cut and dry as you say, but I respect your opinion, and you have every right to wait til season's end.

Jackie should have been fired after he went 3-8 in 2002. That was 2 losing seasons in a row. We haven't even had one yet.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 12:29 PM
I don't love the negativity, but the truth is that Mullen can control all of this. All this negativity ends if this team starts playing better. Win at SC or TAMU and we will all be back on board. We need momentum and only Mullen can provide that.

Exactly. He knew he needed a big win last night, and that he needed a big second half due to all of the grumbling. And he still couldn't get it done. He badly needs to beat SC, a Ark, and OM. If he does that, it will be a stellar coaching job, and most everybody should be back on board.

But get slaughtered by SC, A&M, Bama, and it probably won't matter the last 2 games because everyone will be pissed. Just being competitive with good teams and beating the hell out of shitty ones can go a long way toward perception. Just look at Ole miss.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Jackie should have been fired after he went 3-8 in 2002. That was 2 losing seasons in a row. We haven't even had one yet.

Why two in a row? Could you not see that he had lost the team after that first year? This is where we disagree. I don't feel like you should have to let a coach tank out before replacing him...especially if you see the writing on the wall. Again, I can agree to disagree, but that is where we're different.

Mullen has lost fire, he is not preparing us well for big games (or any games), he is not making smart coaching decisions, not making smart personnel decisions, and our team is becoming more penalized and showing less effort. These things are the way things start when they are moving down hill. They don't just suddenly turn around and get back to the 2010 ways. It's hard to stop that, especially if your coach is showing no ability to stop it.

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Why two in a row? Could you not see that he had lost the team after that first year? This is where we disagree. I don't feel like you should have to let a coach tank out before replacing him...especially if you see the writing on the wall. Again, I can agree to disagree, but that is where we're different.

I didn't say that as an indictment of Jackie, but just the difference in the two situations and past precedent. But since you mention it, 2001 was just one of those bad luck years, we weren't that bad. Close losses to South Carolina (8-3), @ Auburn (7-4) and a highly ranked BYU (12-1). Yes, we bungled the game with Troy. We also beat Ole Miss and played competitive ball for the most part. This was the JUCO class bust too. Conceivable that we gave him 2002. But after 2002 ended with like 5 consecutive blowouts, he should have been history. It was unfathomable to give him 2003, but Templetoes did it. Oh well. Either way, Mullen's situation isn't quite that dire.

Mullen has lost fire, he is not preparing us well for big games (or any games), he is not making smart coaching decisions, not making smart personnel decisions, and our team is becoming more penalized and showing less effort. These things are the way things start when they are moving down hill. They don't just suddenly turn around and get back to the 2010 ways. It's hard to stop that, especially if your coach is showing no ability to stop it.

I agree. But it's funny how immature and less talented players make coaches appear much worse than they really are. But yes, that's Mullen's fault as well. As I said, I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be fired. We just need to wait until the end to completely bash the program.

I know one thing for sure, if Mullen's Era ends in November, it will be characterized by close misses and not closing. LSU 2009, Cam Newton, February Flipgate 2011, Auburn 2011, 2012 collapse and the general tone of 2013, which is putting a capable team out there, but just not doing what it takes to win the damn games. In a way, 2013 sums up the whole deal.

EAVdog
10-25-2013, 01:09 PM
The first sign of adversity (or Ole Miss's success) and we run for the hills.

We're in a down year because of injuries, youth, breaking in a new QB etc... And yeah I've tried not to laugh about the whole 'the big boosters' meme going around. Like a bunch of message board heroes took a poll of all the boosters and have come to a consensus.

I like Hud and he may get his shot one day, I don't know. But for all the HUD lovers out there tell me exactly how he is going to beat Bama or LSU since Mullen can't? You can say I'm accepting mediocrity all you want but hiring a new coach isn't going to magically make us be able to beat Saban et al.

All these things that Mullen/Byrne/Stricklin have put in place are part of the keys to even compete with the big boys. The new Training Center, the Stadium Addition, Filling up the stadium... All that is overshadowed because Freeze beat LSU and now folks want a wholesale change. It's getting ridiculous.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 01:15 PM

We're in a down year because of injuries, youth, breaking in a new QB etc... And yeah I've tried not to laugh about the whole 'the big boosters' meme going around. Like a bunch of message board heroes took a poll of all the boosters and have come to a consensus.

I like Hud and he may get his shot one day, I don't know. But for all the HUD lovers out there tell me exactly how he is going to beat Bama or LSU since Mullen can't? You can say I'm accepting mediocrity all you want but hiring a new coach isn't going to magically make us be able to beat Saban et al.

All these things that Mullen/Byrne/Stricklin have put in place are part of the keys to even compete with the big boys. The new Training Center, the Stadium Addition, Filling up the stadium... All that is overshadowed because Freeze beat LSU and now folks want a wholesale change. It's getting ridiculous.

Who said anything about LSU and Bama? We just want to beat 1-5 Kentucky without having a heart attack hoping we can stop their backup QB on their final drive.

This is far from being about competing with LSU and Bama. So If you think that, I think you may be mistaken.

There are no guarantees that Hud can beat anybody. But most feel that he will recruit better, coach with more fire, etc. so we feel the risk is far worth it. He really doesn't have to do anything but win 4 cupcakes and squeak past UK and one other team per year to reach what Mullen is doing currently anyway. Throw in a down year for Ark and Auburn last year and you can even win 8! But what if he recruits better and propels us to the next level? If you can't see the downward trend that's happening right now, then you may just be trying not to IMO.

I completely respect your opinion, and post, but I just disagree.

ETA: if OM's people had "circled the wagons" a little sooner, maybe they wouldn't have witnessed the Jacksonville State type losses in nutt's final years. Change is not always a bad thing...especially if you make the change while the cupboard is still full. I appreciate Mullen, but I think he hit his ceiling and is now starting a downward spiral....I would rather us build on where he's built us, than to destroy it and have to start all over. But that's just my opinion.

EAVdog
10-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Mullen won 8 games last year with essentially the model you laid out. He didn't schedule Ok State. This year's team is suffering a little from the 2010 and 2011 classes that overall weren't that great. Add in the injuries and basically losing our entire secondary and voila State 2013 is what you get. Mullen's last 2 classes were both top 25. His recruiting has gotten better and there is all likelihood that we'll finish with another top 25 class. Switching coaches at the end of the season will cause a setback in recruiting this year so the next coach will have that challenge to overcome.

If you are saying we change coaches to, outside of up cycle years, rock along at 8 wins that why wouldn't we just keep Mullen since he'll have swings too. All evidence points to next year being a great year; We'll return 16 starters with the right QB and the easiest schedule we've seen in years. And whoever we hire will have up and down years as well. Unless we drop 20 Million a year and hire Saban.

Now if we struggle next year, different story.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Mullen won 8 games last year with essentially the model you laid out. He didn't schedule Ok State. This year's team is suffering a little from the 2010 and 2011 classes that overall weren't that great. Add in the injuries and basically losing our entire secondary and voila State 2013 is what you get. Mullen's last 2 classes were both top 25. His recruiting has gotten better and there is all likelihood that we'll finish with another top 25 class. Switching coaches at the end of the season will cause a setback in recruiting this year so the next coach will have that challenge to overcome.

If you are saying we change coaches to, outside of up cycle years, rock along at 8 wins that why wouldn't we just keep Mullen since he'll have swings too. All evidence points to next year being a great year; We'll return 16 starters with the right QB and the easiest schedule we've seen in years. And whoever we hire will have up and down years as well. Unless we drop 20 Million a year and hire Saban.

Now if we struggle next year, different story.

We likely will not have a top 25 class this year. And even if we finish around 25...we will rank somewhere between 11-14 in the conference. And I'm not saying change out the coach to stay at status quo....I'm saying change out the coach because at worst he looks like he will do what Mullen has done and beat the weak teams on the schedule, but he will provide a better chance at taking that next step due to recruiting and having some "give a damn" in him, which Mullen has lost it seems.

Now if you're satisfied with what you saw the last 2 games from an effort standpoint, and if you are satisfied with the only way MSU wins is if our opponents suck worse than we do...that's your opinion. But I feel like we can take a next step to where we dominate inferior teams and compete, and sometimes knock off, a team like USC, A&M, LSU, Bama, etc. but always compete for 4 quarters.

And don't say it's not possible. There is a school up the road, a school in Auburn, Alabama, etc, that are recruiting at a high level and competing and winning games against big boys in this conference. There is no reason we are squeaking past bg and UK in year 5 while OM and Auburn are beating top 10 teams in their first and second years of their SUNBELT coach's tenures.

We are underperforming...period. Don't let a 8-5 record where we got embarrassed by any team with a pulse last year, cloud your judgement. Sometimes a hard earned 7-5 record feels better than a gift wrapped 8-4

fishwater99
10-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Exactly. He knew he needed a big win last night, and that he needed a big second half due to all of the grumbling. And he still couldn't get it done. He badly needs to beat SC, a Ark, and OM. If he does that, it will be a stellar coaching job, and most everybody should be back on board.

But get slaughtered by SC, A&M, Bama, and it probably won't matter the last 2 games because everyone will be pissed. Just being competitive with good teams and beating the hell out of shitty ones can go a long way toward perception. Just look at Ole miss.

Mullen is his own worst enemy.
We came out in the 2nd half last night throwing on 1st down, instead of running the option with DAK. Why?
And we never threw the ball down-field, except for the broken play for a touchdown, I just don't get it..

bluelightstar
10-25-2013, 01:56 PM
I am legitimately amazed that people justify Mullen keeping his job based on going 8-4 last year. He beat Joker Phillips, Derek Dooley, Gene Chizik, and John L. F'in Smith!!

That boggles the mind.

Ronny
10-25-2013, 02:00 PM
..a boring, uninspired brand of football. We don't even attempt to play pass defense when we are on defense.

We have a kicker who wears fairy slippers & an out of control thug disrupting our DB corps every game.

Our coach goes for it on 4th @ 25 & runs the most ignorant plays in college football.

He doesn't even have a pass defense scheme in place; he just sits back & watches the other team's TE's & slot r's catch 3rd & 13 passes all game.

And you blame all this clownish bullshit on our fans?

You can go to hell.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 02:01 PM
..a boring, uninspired brand of football. We don't even attempt to play pass defense when we are on defense.

We have a kicker who wears fairy slippers & an out of control thug disrupting our DB corps every game.

Our coach goes for it on 4th @ 25 & runs the most ignorant plays in college football.

He doesn't even have a pass defense scheme in place; he just sits back & watches the other team's TE's & slot r's catch 3rd & 13 passes all game.

And you blame all this clownish bullshit on our fans?

Haha, well said.

Bothrops
10-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Mullen has tried hard, but we saw him hit a wall back in 2011. That is when I first started to notice that maybe he couldn't run the ship on his own. Ever noticed that he rarely says anything that contains any substance during interviews? It's a bunch mumbo jumbo! Same "you know" stuff "you know" gets regurgitated "you know" over and over again "you know". Dan is a cool guy and a great family man, but not a head coach!

AugustaDawg
10-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Here's what concerns me: Nothing and I mean NOTHING good results from us getting on here EVERY SINGLE DAY and talking bad about our coaching staff. First of all, what we say on a message board doesn't mean shit to our Athletic Department, just doesn't. Secondly, it gives our rival school ammunition to fire at all angles on the recruiting trail. At the end of the year one of two things will happen; Mullen will remain our head coach, or Mullen will be asked to leave. With that being said, here's how it will be used against our program.
Outcome #1.) Mullen stays - recruits will be told that our fan base has already turned on him and he will not be around all 4 yrs of their college days. (Will have to deal with transition on new coach, new system, will new coach want you... and so on)
Outcome #2.) Mullen gets fired - recruits will be told how our fan base turned on our head coach mid season. Will they turn on you if things aren't going well? Will they turn on the new head coach if he doesn't perform in year 1. And trust me they will have plenty of justification for this argument. Stans... Cohen after his first two years...Rick Ray... and the list goes on and on.

If you have something negative to say about a player or coach call your buddy and bitch all you want. Don't get on here and make our fan base look like shit.

BulldogBear
10-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Good point IMO by both camps here in this thread. After what I witnessed last night I am squarely atop the fence. I am not ready to quit on Mullen yet but I will also no longer make excuses or support him (I mean in this here ideological struggle--of course I support our team and our coach on the field, against outsiders, etc). What I see in the next two games will do a lot to undo Mullen in my eyes or put me back on his wagon. With that said, what I really wanted to say was this: You can't compare what's being done at Auburn and Ole Miss. That IS an apple and orange comparison. Auburn IS ONE OF THE BIG BOYS and has been for a long, long, long, long time. They are just getting back to where they belong so to speak. What you can accomplish at Auburn and what you can at Ole Miss or MSU is in different column of the statsheet. It's like comparing rebounds to sacks. You can do great things at Auburn and you can do great things at MSU or UM, but things are going well again at Auburn because they are Auburn and was going to happen again eventually anyway. It is NOT because of Malzahn. He is just part of the deal. If it hadn't been him they'd have found someone else. The big boys drop off but they come back because they can so much easier than we can. But don't point to Auburm and say "look what they're doing over there" and think that means anything or has any comparable value to the current situation at MSU. It doesn't. You can be 2nd prettiest sister in a family (Ala) and still be one of the prettiest girls in the whole dang town.

donald igwebuike
10-25-2013, 04:07 PM

I don't know if Mullen needs to be fired, or Hud needs to be hired. It doesn't matter. But wait until the end of the season to do it. Support the damn team for 5 more games instead of running it down.

Dude

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 04:17 PM

I like that we have a tough fanbase. We are no longer accepting mediocrity at MSU. Our baseball team just competed for the National Championship. We fired our all-time winningest basketball coach because we demand Sweet 16 appearances for basketball. And now we no longer accept being inferior in football to LSU and Alabama. Be glad we have a tough fan base because we are going to bring you the elite level sports program we all crave for.

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 04:32 PM
What I'm really hoping is for Dan to find a new job shortly and not be fired cause he is in a losing situation as of today. Damn how things have changed so quickly, 4-3 with more games to go but the lease is short now!

I like Dan. He's done an absolute tremendous job for MSU no matter what anyone else says. He's put in a tremendous amount of work too. He quickly turned this program from the pits of Hell to being ranked in 3 out of 5 years. That is an OUTSTANDING job!! We have tremendous facility upgrades as well that I'm very grateful for and Dan brought them to us. However we have a can't miss candidate that only comes around every blue moon for a University. We can't NOT pass this opportunity to tremendously improve our football program over night. Quite simply the next guy is a far superior coach to Dan. It's just business nothing personal to Dan.

I do think this is in the best interest for Dan also. This is the fuel Dan needs every day to push himself to elite level status. Being replaced by MSU will place a never dying fuel for Dan to really push himself to become a better coach. I hope that when we go our separate ways that sometime in the future we can meet again. A more driven Dan Mullen could make for a great AD one day imo.

BulldogBear
10-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Dawg61, I agree Hudspeth is a good candidate. I like him though I don't personally "know" the man. I have a close relative on his staff. If we get rid of MUllen (although I'm not saying that yet I'm closer than I've ever been after KY game), I'm all for Hudspeth. But I don't think we should dump Mullen just to get Hudspeth. There's no guarantee to get a Messiah. Let Ole Miss look for Messiahs. Last I checked they were on their 3rd one in 9 seasons.

TrapGame
10-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Dawg61, I agree Hudspeth is a good candidate. I like him though I don't personally "know" the man. I have a close relative on his staff. If we get rid of MUllen (although I'm not saying that yet I'm closer than I've ever been after KY game), I'm all for Hudspeth. But I don't think we should dump Mullen just to get Hudspeth. There's no guarantee to get a Messiah. Let Ole Miss look for Messiahs. Last I checked they were on their 3rd one in 9 seasons.

Yep, and that Messiah just beat a #6 LSU with his 2nd and 3rd string defense in year two.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Yep, and that Messiah just beat a #6 LSU with his 2nd and 3rd string defense in year two.

Well, their last messiah went to 2 Cotton Bowls in his first 2 years before dropping their program back into the abyss. But yeah, don't overreact to one game or anything...

TrapGame
10-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Well, their last messiah went to 2 Cotton Bowls in his first 2 years before dropping their program back into the abyss. But yeah, don't overreact to one game or anything...

It's the 2nd string, 3rd string part. Honestly, I think there's some PED issues cause if you'll cheat your ass off to bring in a top #10 class then doping the players is nothing

Schultzy
10-26-2013, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=EAVdog;72875]The first sign of adversity (or Ole Miss's success) and we run for the hills.

All these things that Mullen/Byrne/Stricklin have put in place are part of the keys to even compete with the big boys. The new Training Center, the Stadium Addition, Filling up the stadium... All that is overshadowed because Freeze beat LSU and now folks want a wholesale change. It's getting ridiculous.[/QUOTE
Thank you. Finally someone who doesn't panic just bc our rival upsets someone and we do poorly in a win.

Political Hack
10-26-2013, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=EAVdog;72875]The first sign of adversity (or Ole Miss's success) and we run for the hills.

All these things that Mullen/Byrne/Stricklin have put in place are part of the keys to even compete with the big boys. The new Training Center, the Stadium Addition, Filling up the stadium... All that is overshadowed because Freeze beat LSU and now folks want a wholesale change. It's getting ridiculous.[/QUOTE
Thank you. Finally someone who doesn't panic just bc our rival upsets someone and we do poorly in a win.

you do realize the the BDC and MSU Foundation basically run the university with their control of the purse, right?

You realize the people sitting on those boards and the boosters close to them have an incredible amount of influence, right?

Schultzy
10-26-2013, 12:48 PM

This.

Schultzy
10-26-2013, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=Schultzy;73441]

you do realize the the BDC and MSU Foundation basically run the university with their control of the purse, right?

You realize the people sitting on those boards and the boosters close to them have an incredible amount of influence, right?
These people change their minds almost as often as the rest of the fan base does. Our big donors get pissed and say shit in frustration to one person and all the sudden it's all the big money is against the coach. Let us beat Ole Miss or have a good season next year all that flips in the other direction.
All of our big money isn't monolithic in their thinking anyway so don't try scaring people away from Mullen on that just bc you're off the bandwagon. You don't know everybody.

engie
10-26-2013, 02:36 PM
These people change their minds almost as often as the rest of the fan base does. Our big donors get pissed and say shit in frustration to one person and all the sudden it's all the big money is against the coach. Let us beat Ole Miss or have a good season next year all that flips in the other direction.
All of our big money isn't monolithic in their thinking anyway so don't try scaring people away from Mullen on that just bc you're off the bandwagon. You don't know everybody.

Did you just say we were going to beat OM in Vaught Hemingway with Wallace as a SR and by that point TWO elite recruiting classes -- when we couldn't beat them there with zero elite recruiting classes?

If we don't beat OM this year -- which I find highly unlikely -- Dan Mullen will never beat them again as our coach.

Noxdog
10-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Where did he say in his post that we were definitely beating ole miss next year? I love the passion but it's over the top sometimes.

Did you just say we were going to beat OM in Vaught Hemingway with Wallace as a SR and by that point TWO elite recruiting classes -- when we couldn't beat them there with zero elite recruiting classes?

If we don't beat OM this year -- which I find highly unlikely -- Dan Mullen will never beat them again as our coach.

Political Hack
10-26-2013, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=Political Hack;73447]

uh... I've been a big proponent of keeping CDM and pissed that our administration would even be considering taking other steps. however, if we lose to OM you'd better believ Stricknwill have the money he needs to buy CDM out, Keenum will be on board, and our boosters will agree to pay for Hud. Perfect storm...

MarketingBully01
10-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Quick question, let's say Ole Miss barely gets by Idaho or only beats them by say 14 points? What will be your view point of those idiots up the road? Will you admit that LSU played their worst game of the mad hatter era? Will it put things in perspective? Will all this negative crap die down?

Schultzy
10-26-2013, 03:11 PM

This absolutism based on last years UM class and one that's not signed?! I meant this years egg bowl in my post but damn you're already conceding next years game!? Because Wallace will be a senior?!
I realize they upset LSU (they always get up for them and play well that week, it's their Super Bowl) and Thursday we did some frustrating things but that doesn't mean every week or year is going to be the same for us or them.
Too many people in our fan base get too high and too low based on false perceptions and unfounded fears. Things are rarely as good or bad as knee jerkers think.
Also, one elite class! And a class to be signed four months from now!

Our roster is not bad talent wise we just need some run blocking. And I'd take Dak over Wallace too.

Schultzy
10-26-2013, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=Schultzy;73531]

uh... I've been a big proponent of keeping CDM and pissed that our administration would even be considering taking other steps. however, if we lose to OM you'd better believ Stricknwill have the money he needs to buy CDM out, Keenum will be on board, and our boosters will agree to pay for Hud. Perfect storm...
I call bs and I'm not even connected or have inside info.

engie
10-26-2013, 04:53 PM
This absolutism based on last years UM class and one that's not signed?! I meant this years egg bowl in my post but damn you're already conceding next years game!? Because Wallace will be a senior?!
I realize they upset LSU (they always get up for them and play well that week, it's their Super Bowl) and Thursday we did some frustrating things but that doesn't mean every week or year is going to be the same for us or them.
Too many people in our fan base get too high and too low based on false perceptions and unfounded fears. Things are rarely as good or bad as knee jerkers think.
Also, one elite class! And a class to be signed four months from now!

Our roster is not bad talent wise we just need some run blocking. And I'd take Dak over Wallace too.

Look -- I don't have "knee jerk" reactions. Stick around here awhile -- and you'll see that I'm the FURTHEST thing from a roller coaster fan. Mullen is the first "flip flop" I've ever made -- I took up for him to an extreme extent during the offseason. I got slaughtered on SPS for sticking up for Cohen and our team during the down years -- and even last year during the series' losing streak. I didn't "hop off the bandwagon" because OM beat LSU. I hopped off the bandwagon because with 9 months to prepare, we put up 3 points against Oklahoma St -- and lost the Auburn game the EXACT SAME WAY we lost to South Carolina in 2011 the VERY LAST TIME we had a chance at a quality win under Mullen. Our coaches have learned NOTHING since 2011 -- and our team has regressed. If I'm wrong about this -- I'll be the first person to admit it and call myself an idiot. But I've never yet been wrong about this in terms of a coach at MSU. Yet.

OM beating LSU is immaterial to the fact that we are going in the wrong direction. Them going in the right direction just magnifies the hell out of it. They damn hear beat A&M -- and A&M will beat us by 30. And it's OBVIOUS that they are nowhere near their ceiling talentwise under Freeze. Yes -- if they are recruiting in the top 10 -- and we're down in the 30s -- and they are beating us on the field WHILE we've got superior talent(last year), it tells us EXACTLY what we can expect going forward. If you are happy with getting dominated by them, that's fine. I'm not though. Simple fact is, Freeze is matching Mullen's initial results that had us so damn fired up on the field(and then some) -- and he's destroying his efforts in recruiting.

engie
10-26-2013, 04:55 PM
I call bs and I'm not even connected or have inside info.

Why are you calling bs then? What he's telling you basically is "inside info" -- or at the very least, that's the whispers from above.

Schultzy
10-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Why are you calling bs then? What he's telling you basically is "inside info" -- or at the very least, that's the whispers from above.

Hell, every alumnus of every damn school in the country can say they hear whispers from above. That doesn't mean they know jack shit.
I call bs on that and your stupid ass argument about being dominated by someone we've beaten three of the last four years and a good chance to make it four of five.

Noxdog
10-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Forget it, schultz. I like engie, but he is irrational at times. Good poster but gets unhinged.

The Croom Diaries
10-26-2013, 08:52 PM
I agree you don't make final evaluations until the end if the season, but the heat is justified. Mullen and co. need to know the fanbase is upset and we want to see better results or he is toast. He will either deliver or not. If we all sat silently until the end of the year he would effectively be blind-sided if fired. He has been put on the hot seat, so it's time to put up or shut up.

Jack Lambert
10-26-2013, 09:17 PM

And nobody has quit supporting the team. And it is just as easy to say that people like you that want to stand around and do nothing but say "all is well til the season ends", are a problem. So making a blanket statement like you just did, is really silly IMO.

You can't wait around at MSU and expect things to just get better. It doesn't work that way. We have seen this before, and Mullen isn't just going to suddenly regain that fire and have us on a mission to win 9-10 games. The writing is on the wall, but you can choose to ignore it if you want. That's fine. But I will not, and I think there's several more that won't either.

And coming on a Message board posting 100 bitch post in a day does? How many posts have there been whinning that we should not bash recruits because they read message boards or some dumb ass coach prints off posts and gives to parents of recruits? If they are reading the board then or coaches and still printing post you don't think they are now? Hell Elite Dawg has become another SPS with all the bitching. It's almost unbearable to even come on the board. Every freaking thread is negative. Lighten just a little.

engie
10-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Hell, every alumnus of every damn school in the country can say they hear whispers from above. That doesn't mean they know jack shit.
Look man -- it wasn't my info. But it makes you look completely and utterly ridiculous to come here "calling bullshit" and making fun of Hack on this stuff "without any sources or anything". I take offense to it. And he and I are on COMPLETELY opposite sides of the fence on this issue(he agrees with you). But he's been right on a HELLUVA lot of this stuff -- and he's been right on this topic since WAY before it was even remotely a story, when we were all shaking our heads in disbelief. He's not giving you hearsay from his buddies -- he's telling you what's being said by our people that make the decisions. Take it or leave it, but don't talk out of your ass trying to argue it.

I call bs on that and your stupid ass argument about being dominated by someone we've beaten three of the last four years and a good chance to make it four of five.
That's what OM fans thought at this point in 2010 when we were going to Oxford, while we laughed our asses off at them. We've truly come full circle.