PDA

View Full Version : Better to be 1-0 than 0-1

Dawgfan77
09-01-2019, 09:36 AM
Mizz , OM, and UT all lost to inferior opponents yesterday but we did not. Now do I still think Joe was more of a product of McSorely and Barkley than an actual offensive guru... yes but fact remains we are bitching about a W.

Rick Danko
09-01-2019, 10:04 AM
Take that shit somewhere else. We only bitch here. Our defense is shit, we are out of shape and slow, and our special teams couldn?t qualify for the special olympics. Or did you not watch the game yesterday****

I always longed for the day when as a State fan we could completely lose our minds over a comfortable win, and now we are here. My god, I have never seen a collective fan base find ONLY the negative like we do. Was the game clean; no. Are there things to fix; yes. But maybe, just maybe, we weren?t completely hyped up to play a Sun Belt team at 11 am in a neutral site stadium in front of 8000 screaming fans. Maybe, just maybe, our defense eased up after we went up 35-14, and it could have cost us, but it didn?t.

We 17?ing won, damn, get over the bitching and let?s move on to week two. This board is a shit show compared to when it started.

TUSK
09-01-2019, 12:32 PM
Take that shit somewhere else. We only bitch here. Our defense is shit, we are out of shape and slow, and our special teams couldn?t qualify for the special olympics. Or did you not watch the game yesterday****

I always longed for the day when as a State fan we could completely lose our minds over a comfortable win, and now we are here. My god, I have never seen a collective fan base find ONLY the negative like we do. Was the game clean; no. Are there things to fix; yes. But maybe, just maybe, we weren?t completely hyped up to play a Sun Belt team at 11 am in a neutral site stadium in front of 8000 screaming fans. Maybe, just maybe, our defense eased up after we went up 35-14, and it could have cost us, but it didn?t.

We 17?ing won, damn, get over the bitching and let?s move on to week two. This board is a shit show compared to when it started.

This guy gets it.

Cowbell
09-01-2019, 12:38 PM

Rep given sir. Thank you!

KOdawg1
09-01-2019, 12:39 PM

I like you.

msbulldog
09-01-2019, 12:41 PM
The S&C coach at Oregon, Aron Feld was a long snapper for us and he has an excellent program going there.

Dawgowar
09-01-2019, 12:47 PM

Concur - a win is a win and year's end it will help determine the bowl we go to. Nobody will give a rat's ass how we played in the first game just that we won. Some folks need to go ass-**** the unicorn of happiness. Can we enjoy anything?

Jack Lambert
09-01-2019, 01:06 PM

Damn right! Also when we are 8-4 the same ones will still be bitching.

msstate7
09-01-2019, 01:14 PM

You said you longed for the day when we a state fan would lose our minds over a comfortable win, but you're mad now. Weird... that wasn't even a comfortable win. Had the backup kicker missed a fg, ULL had the ball down 7. What's wrong with striving for more rather than being comfortable doing the now normal? Read tRant today... Georgia fans are pissed over a "comfortable" sec road game. Always strive for better.

ETA... with that said, we got a win. Beat usm this week

Rick Danko
09-01-2019, 02:06 PM
You said you longed for the day when we a state fan would lose our minds over a comfortable win, but you're mad now. Weird... that wasn't even a comfortable win. Had the backup kicker missed a fg, ULL had the ball down 7. What's wrong with striving for more rather than being comfortable doing the now normal? Read tRant today... Georgia fans are pissed over a "comfortable" sec road game. Always strive for better.

We were better. With several starters out we won. Fans bitch over the dumbest things....

Alphadog2017
09-01-2019, 02:20 PM

We could win the Natty and they would still find a reason to complain.

msstate7
09-01-2019, 02:22 PM
We were better. With several starters out we won. Fans bitch over the dumbest things....

No crap we were better. They're a sunbelt team

R2Dawg
09-01-2019, 04:21 PM
This guy gets it.

So if Bama only beat Duke by 3 or 10, are Bama fans happy? Just curious.

I am happy for the win and saw lots of improvements and positives things from the game, however, fact is we got to make up a lot of ground to get SEC competitive. Even though the SEC teams looked bad yesterday.

For the MSU fans, so you want to win championships or play to championship standard? I guarantee you Saban wouldn't be happy beating a Sunbelt team by 10 and getting thrashed on D.

0-1 and 1-0 depends on who you play. Play Bama close on the road and lose now 0-1 ain't the same as struggling to beat a Sunbelt. Sorry guys but it ain't the same. Behind closed doors, Saban would say the same thing.

Lord McBuckethead
09-01-2019, 06:48 PM

Nailed it.

RezDog7
09-01-2019, 06:52 PM

There are several times that I think you are actually my wife, bitching to be bitching.

msstate7
09-01-2019, 08:12 PM
There are several times that I think you are actually my wife, bitching to be bitching.

I am your wife. Take the garbage out!

TUSK
09-01-2019, 08:27 PM
So if Bama only beat Duke by 3 or 10, are Bama fans happy? Just curious.

I am happy for the win and saw lots of improvements and positives things from the game, however, fact is we got to make up a lot of ground to get SEC competitive. Even though the SEC teams looked bad yesterday.

For the MSU fans, so you want to win championships or play to championship standard? I guarantee you Saban wouldn't be happy beating a Sunbelt team by 10 and getting thrashed on D.

0-1 and 1-0 depends on who you play. Play Bama close on the road and lose now 0-1 ain't the same as struggling to beat a Sunbelt. Sorry guys but it ain't the same. Behind closed doors, Saban would say the same thing.

I lost ya at "So if Bama only beat Duke by 3 or 10".....