PDA

View Full Version : I think this is a good time to ask this

Todd4State
09-01-2019, 01:48 AM
But after the sloppiness not just in our game but across the country as a whole- should there be a one game "pre-season" game in college football?

I think the answer for me is yes. It would be great to see MSU play one of the in state SWAC schools in a game that doesn't count to kind of work some things out before the season kicks off.

High school and the NFL do it. I'm not sure why college doesn't.

The other question is if MSU did that- would you go? I'm pretty sure I would. I'm not interested in "Fan Day" at all but it's something that definitely could be held in conjunction with a pre-season game. Doing a preseason game may also encourage schools to play a better match up in week one as well. I've seen a lot of people complain about games like Tennessee/Georgia State....I mean...yeah.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-01-2019, 02:03 AM
I?ve thought of this as well. I don?t know if I?m for it or not. It would help with the game one sloppiness...IF coaches would let their stars play in it. I think this is the reason we see the sloppiness now...coaches are afraid of injuries, so they limit contact during preseason and/or hold starters out of scrimmages,etc. So, even if they allowed a preseason game...would starters get enough action to help with the sloppiness in game one? I don?t think they would.

ScoobaDawg
09-01-2019, 02:38 AM
I don't think so.. They would likely be like the NFL games where first string only plays first series or quarter to limit injuries. Heck look at how little they are live in practices now.

deadheaddawg
09-01-2019, 02:52 AM
Depends on what you want. Better football or more interesting storylines. after our game, I rather enjoyed the day. Much more interesting than everyone beating crappy teams by 50.

To me if you add a preseason game, do away with these games against smaller schools.

No reason to have a preason game and a game against a team you are favored by 30 over.

Hambone
09-01-2019, 08:01 AM
Yea, it’s called scrimmages.