PDA

View Full Version : We won, OM Lost

defiantdog
08-31-2019, 03:56 PM
Our inexperience won, OM lost..... let's be happy and hopefully find a defense for the next game.

I seen it dawg
08-31-2019, 03:57 PM
May end up being the thread of the day if anyone can handle it.

confucius say
08-31-2019, 04:02 PM
Great thread.

Also, I still say 7-5, 8-4.

I seen it dawg
08-31-2019, 04:05 PM
6-6,7-5 for me. My big concern is the guys on the field look fat slow and out of shape. The rest is what it is with losses to league, susp, and young guys having to play.

IMissJack
08-31-2019, 04:08 PM
Great thread.

Also, I still say 7-5, 8-4.

I just don't see that this year.

defiantdog
08-31-2019, 04:08 PM
The Tennessee game will be the reason we are 8-4 or 7-5.

defiantdog
08-31-2019, 04:10 PM
6-6,7-5 for me. My big concern is the guys on the field look fat slow and out of shape. The rest is what it is with losses to league, susp, and young guys having to play.

We'll be 6-6 if we sustain anymore injuries to key players. Brian Cole needs to wear a bubble..... he's the only threat we have at getting to the QB right now, which is incredibly sad.

I seen it dawg
08-31-2019, 04:11 PM
Have to go 7-1 against
Ull
Usm
KSU
Uk
Ark
OM
Abilene
Tenn

Gonna be a tough road to get one from
Bama
LSU
AM
Aub

OM ain't going to a bowl game again. Our problems are first world compared to them. **** those shitbirds.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2019, 04:13 PM
Good news is Bama, Tennessee, Ark, OM, etc not looking great vs subpar teams either. Maybe parity is real ha

I seen it dawg
08-31-2019, 04:15 PM
These teams seem like they are in preseason still. Lack of hitting and softening up of off season rearing it's head in my opinion.

defiantdog
08-31-2019, 04:16 PM
Have to go 7-1 against
Ull
Usm
KSU
Uk
Ark
OM
Abilene
Tenn

Gonna be a tough road to get one from
Bama
LSU
AM
Aub

OM ain't going to a bowl game again. Our problems are first world compared to them. **** those shitbirds.

We aren't beating Bama, LSU, A&M, or Auburn..... go ahead and put that down.

7-1 and against the others is a possibility.

Also, Rich Rod is getting a free paycheck at OM.

BeardoMSU
08-31-2019, 04:16 PM
Good news is Bama, Tennessee, Ark, OM, etc not looking great vs subpar teams either. Maybe parity is real ha

Count me in on the optimism train!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/24e3bc189df117d1a399a6618e875344/tenor.gif?itemid=14528459

dantheman4248
08-31-2019, 04:19 PM

Maybe it's just week 1 and everyone is sloppy not being up to game speed.

Though I will say EVERYONE is missing more tackles than normal on week 1 this year. In every game. It's really weird. If you only watched our game I can see where you would draw doom and gloom for the defense as you aren't seeing everyone else look completely lost too.

thf24
08-31-2019, 04:21 PM

Agree except for OM... they're just worse than the subpar team they played.

Commercecomet24
08-31-2019, 04:22 PM
Look at top 25 scores this week. Lot of struggling going on, it's not just us. That being said we have to play better on defense. Someone gotta stepup. We will be 7-5 or 8-4 when it's all said and done. Offense looked much better today though.

RougeDawg
08-31-2019, 04:31 PM
Tommy threw some very catchable balls today, and showed that he can go through the progressions of this offense. This was his first action in meaningful snaps. There will be some growing pains, but he put the ball mainly where only our guys could catch them. For anyone at the game, he seems to get on top of the ball very well and throw the quick hitters in a downward manner. Meaning if they are tipped or bobbled, they most likely hit the ground. Other past QBs threw a flat ball, or even high ball, that when tipped, went up in the air for easy interceptions.

There were times on both sides of the ball where we looked sharp and unbeatable. Then times we looked out of sync or if we would rather be playing PlayStation or FaceTiming. The mistakes were ugly, including the penalties.

Good news is we won, in ugly fashion and have many things to clean up. That game should have been 49-17, but it was not. Hopefully they can fix the mistakes and find some cohesion on each side of the ball. There were many bright spots of what may come, but they will be a work in progress. Many talented teams look like shit this first week. Don?t read too much into it. If if looks the same the next two weeks, then start worrying.

One last thought. One reason I believe our defense looked out of sync at times and whiffed on a bunch of sacks was the left handed QB. It was like they?d never seen a guy spinning and scrambling to his left to avoid a defender. We missed almost every time and never adjusted to the southpaw.

defiantdog
08-31-2019, 04:36 PM
Tommy threw some very catchable balls today, and showed that he can go through the progressions of this offense. This was his first action in meaningful snaps. There will be some growing pains, but he put the ball mainly where only our guys could catch them. For anyone at the game, he seems to get on top of the ball very well and throw the quick hitters in a downward manner. Meaning if they are tipped or bobbled, they most likely hit the ground. Other past QBs threw a flat ball, or even high ball, that when tipped, went up in the air for easy interceptions.

There were times on both sides of the ball where we looked sharp and unbeatable. Then times we looked out of sync or if we would rather be playing PlayStation or FaceTiming. The mistakes were ugly, including the penalties.

Good news is we won, in ugly fashion and have many things to clean up. That game should have been 49-17, but it was not. Hopefully they can fix the mistakes and find some cohesion on each side of the ball. There were many bright spots of what may come, but they will be a work in progress. Many talented teams look like shit this first week. Don?t read too much into it. If if looks the same the next two weeks, then start worrying.

One last thought. One reason I believe our defense looked out of sync at times and whiffed on a bunch of sacks was the left handed QB. It was like they?d never seen a guy spinning and scrambling to his left to avoid a defender. We missed almost every time and never adjusted to the southpaw.

Tua will have a field day against us then.

Commercecomet24
08-31-2019, 04:36 PM

That's a dang good assessment of today! Spot on Rouge!

dantheman4248
08-31-2019, 04:41 PM
Tua will have a field day against us then.

If he is healthy. I don't have faith in him being healthy coming into our game after playing LSU. At least not healthy enough to manuever like Levi Lewis did today.