PDA

View Full Version : Super Proud of this team. Great improvements!

Coach007
08-31-2019, 03:36 PM
We played a ton of young guys and they had one heck of a challenge on the DL. They stepped up.

Tommy is way above what we had last year. His ability to make accurate passes at each level showed. Hill proved he is a beast. Gibson proved he has a massive burst. We are way better on catching due to the accuracy and quick decision by Stevens and that allows for a better ball.

On defense, we had some major growth as the game went on. Super proud of Freshmen on that DL. They were men today. They took the hits and pushing and stood up.

Now for the next game and to see the improvements.

As for the many that flood this board with their attacks on the staff and players.... SCREW YOU. You are why people stay away from this board. Nobody cares to watch you stroke every negative thought on the keyboard. It's not about being realistic for you, it's about you consistently (no matter who the coach is) bitching about everything none stop. It's all you know in life. And that is friggin sad!

#HAILSTATE 1-0

Hambone
08-31-2019, 03:38 PM
Great take.

dantheman4248
08-31-2019, 03:39 PM
We beat UAB 47-34 in 2014.

Quaoarsking
08-31-2019, 03:42 PM

We also barely beat UAB in 2010 and finished 15th.

Coach007
08-31-2019, 03:43 PM

YEP!

And we will continue to improve. The future is bright!

I seen it dawg
08-31-2019, 03:45 PM
Sunshine thread. Not opposed and some validity here. It's a win and a lot of young guys played. We aren't winning the west so guys may as well get some experience. My biggest concern of anything that we can control is we looked fat slow and out of shape. The rest is what it is at this point. Let's get in a bowl game. 1 game towards it.

KOdawg1
08-31-2019, 03:47 PM
Sunshine thread. Not opposed and some validity here. It's a win and a lot of young guys played. We aren't winning the west so guys may as well get some experience. My biggest concern of anything that we can control is we looked fat slow and out of shape. The rest is what it is at this point. Let's get in a bowl game. 1 game towards it.
Run them until they cant run anymore

msstate7
08-31-2019, 03:48 PM
Run them until they cant run anymore

If guys skimped the offseason, not sure you can make that up in season

basedog
08-31-2019, 03:53 PM

We were playing lots of 2nd teamers today, I do think injuries and the two suspended defensive players hurt us a lot today.

Thought overall our offense shows potential, losing two of our better offensive players hurt us a little today.

I'm like you I seen it dawg, let's get a winning season and bowl game. This year is a rebuilding year.

Actually it was about what I thought with it being a little closer than I would have liked to have seen. This offense will get better, I thought Stevens looked good for his first ever start at Qb in a college game. Receivers were good as are Hill and Gibson.

dantheman4248
08-31-2019, 03:59 PM
Adding to the positivity, Ole Miss lost today. Kentucky had the same type of game we did except they were at home instead of at a neutral site. Tennessee is also struggling mightily right now.

If we're concluding we're bad from today then at least everyone else on the schedule is going down with us.

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2019, 04:10 PM
Adding to the positivity, Ole Miss lost today. Kentucky had the same type of game we did except they were at home instead of at a neutral site. Tennessee is also struggling mightily right now.

If we're concluding we're bad from today then at least everyone else on the schedule is going down with us.

Arkansas isn't looking any better than last year playing 1-AA Portland State

I seen it dawg
08-31-2019, 04:13 PM
I havent seen a game yet since last Thursday where a team looked good. Week 1 is bad on teams.

Bothrops
08-31-2019, 04:20 PM
Our DL sucks....bad.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-31-2019, 04:22 PM
Although I have a lot of concerns about this team, there are two intangible factors that I believed greatly influenced this game - ULL treated it like their Super Bowl whereas our guys seemed to be "meh".
Never underestimate your opponent.

Commercecomet24
08-31-2019, 04:27 PM
I havent seen a game yet since last Thursday where a team looked good. Week 1 is bad on teams.

This! Glad someone besides me watches other teams instead of just us. I've watched a lot of cfb since last Saturday and there's been a lot of crappy play out there.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-31-2019, 04:28 PM

We also barely beat UAB in 2010 and finished 15th.

And Bowling Green 21-20 in 2013. There's obviously concerns, but at this point that's all they are.

dantheman4248
08-31-2019, 04:30 PM
This! Glad someone besides me watches other teams instead of just us. I've watched a lot of cfb since last Saturday and there's been a lot of crappy play out there.

Imagine how bad people would be ripping on Tommy if he played like Trevor Lawerence did Thursday night.

Honestly if you flip the two of them's performances we lose today. And that guy is the heisman favorite.

Cowbell
08-31-2019, 04:39 PM
Kylin got over 25 touches today too. Some of you that’s all you wanted last year and now you get it and on to something else to complain about.
Our QB also spread it around a lot and got through reads. And his touch is better than any I remember ever at state.
And WR. Did we even have a wr drop a pass today? Osiris looked like a veteran out there today. And the catch by Zuber negated by holding - that was a legit throw and catch.
Also our o-line is deep and really good.

RougeDawg
08-31-2019, 04:40 PM
Let?s not forget the new ncaa rules for preseason practices. I think that?s why we are seeing many teams struggle week one. Nothing can imitate live action, like live game action. Cutting down live action in practice is the reason you see what you have seen week one.

Skydawg1
08-31-2019, 04:43 PM
This! Glad someone besides me watches other teams instead of just us. I've watched a lot of cfb since last Saturday and there's been a lot of crappy play out there.Today has been brutal. Bad football all across the nation.

KOdawg1
08-31-2019, 04:47 PM
If guys skimped the offseason, not sure you can make that up in season
You can?t but it?ll teach them to do it next time

maroonmania
08-31-2019, 04:59 PM
Biggest issue are the injuries. For a team that was already shorthanded that was the one thing we didn't need. The other thing is concern on whether or not Moorhead and staff are pushing these guys during the offseason like Mullen and staff did. We did look a little slow and seemed to have a lot of winded players during the game.

Jack Lambert
08-31-2019, 06:13 PM
Our tackling has to get better. More often then not our guys were in position to make tackles but did not lock up. Some of that might have been environment, first time starters and first game. That is something that can be fix.

I will add that ULL offense is probably one of the better G5 offenses. They have 10 starters back and the one new starter was the QB who started three games last season. They had three running backs back who combine ran for 3000 yards last week.

In the past this is a game State would have lost. I felt like ULL was going to score some points but I really felt that talent would win it in the end.

Commercecomet24
08-31-2019, 07:46 PM
Let?s not forget the new ncaa rules for preseason practices. I think that?s why we are seeing many teams struggle week one. Nothing can imitate live action, like live game action. Cutting down live action in practice is the reason you see what you have seen week one.

Man I had forgotten about that new rule. That'll definite affect how sharp teams will be.

Commercecomet24
08-31-2019, 07:46 PM
Today has been brutal. Bad football all across the nation.

Yeah it started with uf/'Miami last week and it's been brutal this weekend.

DownwardDawg
08-31-2019, 08:37 PM
Tommy looked great passing the ball today. Much better than Fitz.

Homedawg
08-31-2019, 08:45 PM
Tommy looked great passing the ball today. Much better than Fitz.

I know this is the sunshine thread but really? While I think he's better than fitz, it I hope, he missed multiple open guys w really bad throws. Several wide open. Fitz like.

dantheman4248
08-31-2019, 08:56 PM
I know this is the sunshine thread but really? While I think he's better than fitz, it I hope, he missed multiple open guys w really bad throws. Several wide open. Fitz like.

Are you talking about the deep balls? Cause off the top of my head I can only think of one he just "missed" within 15 yds. He made a lot of good normal pass throws. He looked like a QB who made a presnap read. Took his 3 step drop. And hit the open man. And it passed the eye test doing it as well.

His deep balls didn't have the time he and the receivers built while going against scout team and air. He definitely doesn't have the game clock in his head quite there, but all the tools and the intellect we were promised were there. He didn't make stupid throws. He handed it off when he should. (Another huge factor in this offense. Fitz kept it a lot because that is what he read. Tommy read to give the ball to the halfbacks. Helped us to the 200 yd day we had on the ground.) He played a clean game and made very good decisions.

Hitting guys in stride 40 yds down the field at full speed is something that comes with reps. Gotta remember, the NCAA limited live reps even more this offseason. Tommy looked like a good inexperienced QB. I wish he would have been here with us last season. I hope the first 4 games give him enough reps to time it better to be what his potential shows.

Coach007
08-31-2019, 09:05 PM
Our tackling has to get better. More often then not our guys were in position to make tackles but did not lock up. Some of that might have been environment, first time starters and first game. That is something that can be fix.

I will add that ULL offense is probably one of the better G5 offenses. They have 10 starters back and the one new starter was the QB who started three games last season. They had three running backs back who combine ran for 3000 yards last week.

In the past this is a game State would have lost. I felt like ULL was going to score some points but I really felt that talent would win it in the end.

We missed a ton of sacks and tfls. This defense will continue to grow as those young guys take off.

We played vanilla.....

msu15
08-31-2019, 09:16 PM

As always, you’re an idiot.

Homedawg
08-31-2019, 09:21 PM
Are you talking about the deep balls? Cause off the top of my head I can only think of one he just "missed" within 15 yds. He made a lot of good normal pass throws. He looked like a QB who made a presnap read. Took his 3 step drop. And hit the open man. And it passed the eye test doing it as well.

His deep balls didn't have the time he and the receivers built while going against scout team and air. He definitely doesn't have the game clock in his head quite there, but all the tools and the intellect we were promised were there. He didn't make stupid throws. He handed it off when he should. (Another huge factor in this offense. Fitz kept it a lot because that is what he read. Tommy read to give the ball to the halfbacks. Helped us to the 200 yd day we had on the ground.) He played a clean game and made very good decisions.

Hitting guys in stride 40 yds down the field at full speed is something that comes with reps. Gotta remember, the NCAA limited live reps even more this offseason. Tommy looked like a good inexperienced QB. I wish he would have been here with us last season. I hope the first 4 games give him enough reps to time it better to be what his potential shows.

Well yeah the deep balls yeah. And he threw tw awful balls w wide open receivers on 15-20 yard routes that were wide open. He was ok. But great is a stretch.

RocketDawg
08-31-2019, 09:23 PM
Yeah it started with uf/'Miami last week and it's been brutal this weekend.

I've watched most of 3 games today, plus the UF/Miami game and don't recall seeing a single targeting penalty.

Homedawg
08-31-2019, 09:23 PM
As always, you’re an idiot.

Yep. Just like when I tried to tell you people our dt's would struggle bad. I'm stupid....**** but I'm not a sunshine pumper. So sorry. Stevens was ok. That's it. Can he be better. Sure. But let's go by what actually happened.

Lord McBuckethead
08-31-2019, 09:24 PM
Yeah, time to evaluate who our strength and conditioning coach is and our approach.

Commercecomet24
08-31-2019, 09:25 PM
I've watched most of 3 games today, plus the UF/Miami game and don't recall seeing a single targeting penalty.

I believe there was one in the BYU/Utah game but you're right I don't recall any other ones.

Homedawg
08-31-2019, 09:28 PM
I believe there was one in the BYU/Utah game but you're right I don't recall any other ones.

Memphis had one

dantheman4248
08-31-2019, 09:28 PM

WF had one at the end of that game.

thf24
08-31-2019, 09:29 PM
WF had one at the end of that game.

Memphis had one pretty early in the game as well.

Coach007
08-31-2019, 09:30 PM
Yep. Just like when I tried to tell you people our dt's would struggle bad. I'm stupid....**** but I'm not a sunshine pumper. So sorry. Stevens was ok. That's it. Can he be better. Sure. But let's go by what actually happened.

It's almost as if you were the ONLY person who knew the DTs would lack experience....... well at least in your own head.

Name one person on this board and quote them saying the dts would not have road to travel. You cant.

Stevens was 67% in his first game. Yes... my god... the man missed some passes. But 67% with a deep pass TD allowed our backs to run!!!

Give it a rest!

MrKotter
08-31-2019, 09:33 PM
Good grief, if you couldn?t see the difference between the two you have serious issues. Fitz couldn?t throw for shit and had zero touch. I am guessing you are just trying to be argumentative because there is no way anybody is that 17ing stupid.

Homedawg
08-31-2019, 09:38 PM
It's almost as if you were the ONLY person who knew the DTs would lack experience....... well at least in your own head.

Name one person on this board and quote them saying the drs would not have road to travel. You cant.

Stevens was 67% in his first game. Yes... my god... the man missed some passes. But 67% with a deep pass TD allowed our backs to run!!!

Give it a reat!

Look dude if you don't like my post don't ducking read them. I read your bullshit and don't cry about it. You are the biggest maroon colored glasses moron I've ever seen congrats. But yes everyone knew they were inexperienced. I tried and tried to let people know that they weren't ready by any means. And they aren't. Yes they will get better.... as for Stevens he was fine. He wasn't great. Most of his passes were dumps. Hell you went crazy in the other thread when it was said that fitz was 67% last year against them. It's one game in both cases. If it's not positive you don't like it. Sorry dude. Hell play better and we can be more positive. How's that. Today sucked.

DownwardDawg
08-31-2019, 10:07 PM

Lol. Dude, I don?t even know what to say. He looked like Fitz early. After that, he looked like 100 x the passer as Fitz.

BogeyGolfer
08-31-2019, 10:09 PM
We played a ton of young guys and they had one heck of a challenge on the DL. They stepped up.

Tommy is way above what we had last year. His ability to make accurate passes at each level showed. Hill proved he is a beast. Gibson proved he has a massive burst. We are way better on catching due to the accuracy and quick decision by Stevens and that allows for a better ball.

On defense, we had some major growth as the game went on. Super proud of Freshmen on that DL. They were men today. They took the hits and pushing and stood up.

As for the many that flood this board with their attacks on the staff and players.... SCREW YOU. You are why people stay away from this board. Nobody cares to watch you stroke every negative thought on the keyboard. It's not about being realistic for you, it's about you consistently (no matter who the coach is) bitching about everything none stop. It's all you know in life. And that is friggin sad!

#HAILSTATE 1-0

Your BS don't fly with me, we looked like shit on D on multiple levels....I take nothing you say seriously, and I think you just post shit just to get people to respond. If we can't stop the run, we will be a 5 or 6 win team no matter how much BS you post.

Coursesuper
08-31-2019, 10:19 PM
Y?all

#HAILSTATE 1-0

I actually stay away from this board because of complete BS post like this. This is so far from the truth it might as well be fictional.

Homedawg
08-31-2019, 10:30 PM
Coach 007 is so positive i think it's a woman. But that gives women a bad name

Coach007
08-31-2019, 10:41 PM
Look dude if you don't like my post don't ducking read them. I read your bullshit and don't cry about it.

I believe you are in a thread I started, and yeah... I'm going to respond.

But yes everyone knew they were inexperienced. I tried and tried to let people know that they weren't ready by any means. And they aren't.

And again.... We all knew that. But the sky didn't fall.

As to compare Fitz to Stevens. It's night and day. It's not even close.

Coach007
08-31-2019, 10:43 PM
Y?all

I actually stay away from this board because of complete BS post like this. This is so far from the truth it might as well be fictional.

Yeah.... go ahead and pick out what was fictional.