PDA

View Full Version : This game today was perfect for this board.

dantheman4248
08-31-2019, 03:21 PM
It had everything every type of poster here wanted.

If you're a fan who only cares about the outcome. We won. Congrats! You had a good day.

If you're a fan who wanted to see improvement on offense and see that we actually have a QB who can run our coach's system. Tommy can. Congrats! You had a good day.

If you're a fan who only sees sunshine and roses, we had a lot of good today and you can spin a lot of things that happened into positives. Dealt with adversity. Answered when we needed. Offense looks better. HB is as advertised. Defense big issues are manageable and are more rust based than telling of something bigger. Congrats! You had a good day.

If you're a fan who is reasonable and understands there's going to be a lot of rust showing for new starters in their first college start ever then you're happy with the W and are withholding judgment until condemning this team. Congrats! You had a good day.

If you're a fan who needs to be right moreover than anything else and have been preaching the end is near, our team underperformed exactly how you would expect in week 1 so you can fluff your own feathers about how right you are. Congrats! You had a good day.

If you're a fan who is happy when MSU doesn't play like Alabama and skulldrag everyone because it makes it interesting, you got to watch a semi-competitive game. Congrats! You had a good day.

In short, it doesn't matter what type of MSU fan you are. You can draw whatever conclusion you need, but the fact remains that we won and football is back. Everyone is happy.

basedog
08-31-2019, 04:07 PM
LOL, that post was actually good. I feel better after reading it so I'm happy!

HailState

thf24
08-31-2019, 04:18 PM
Funny that some of the same people preemptively saying we couldn't take any positives from this one game sure are trying to make some broad judgements based on the negatives. Not saying in the least there isn't cause for concern, but I don't think there were a ton of surprises we didn't already know would be problems.

Lord McBuckethead
08-31-2019, 04:21 PM
The 5 things I didn't like today.

1. Offensive tempo.
2. Defensive coverage and tackling.
3. Defense pursuit to the football.
4. Presnap crap like 12 men on the field, then having to call a timeout directly after it cause we didn't have our shit together.
5. Leo Lewis laying down was some ***** ass shit. We subbed terribly today. Just couldn't get personnel on the field.

Now things I did like.

1. Tommy looked good. Wish he would have checked it down a littl more, but I like him taking shots. The timing will get there.
2. Everything Kylin. I just hated, due to our defense, he had to play deep into that game. He ran hard. Broke tackles. Picked up blocks. And generally had a 100 grade for the game.
3. Mitchell and Zuber had good games. Actually all of the WRs played pretty well. There were a couple of routes where either the receiver turned the wrong way on the deep ball or Stevens threw it to the wrong shoulder, but good overall.

Fact is. Game one. Lots to learn from. Offense doesn't worry me based on what I saw. Defense, man they have work to do.

Lets all pull for them to get it corrected and get going. Hailstate

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2019, 04:37 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/31100c7a0061bff4c4f53d309009146a/tenor.gif?itemid=9191051

Todd4State
08-31-2019, 05:45 PM
And we got to party in NOLA. I'm happy.

Lord McBuckethead
08-31-2019, 05:56 PM
And we got to party in NOLA. I'm happy.

You were heading anyway though.

dantheman4248
09-01-2019, 10:16 AM
The 5 things I didn't like today.

1. Offensive tempo. I agree that there were issues with this at times. (Not running a play before 1st Q ended stuck out to me. However, overall this seemed to be better than last year. Tommy is making quicker presnap reads. My only real gripe about tempo is that it was slowed down too much in the redzone. In between the 20s seemed to be rolling just fine.
2. Defensive coverage and tackling. Tackling is bad across the board in America. I think it's more to do with the limit on live practice than being indicative of an MSU issue. Time will tell.
3. Defense pursuit to the football. Nothing can simulate game speed like game speed. A lot of times they looked a step slow because they haven't had the live rep. The QB run TD was a microcosm of the whole game. I think this is something that as the season goes on, we get better. (As will everyone else in America)
4. Presnap crap like 12 men on the field, then having to call a timeout directly after it cause we didn't have our shit together. That's week 1 early season jitters. Auburn had to take a delay of game on the first play after halftime. I really don't think it is indicative of an issue yet. If this stuff persists by the time UK rolls around then we have a problem.
5. Leo Lewis laying down was some ***** ass shit. We subbed terribly today. Just couldn't get personnel on the field. This was my #1 biggest gripe in the game. Karma felt like it was going to bite us in the ass after that stunt. That is some of the worst shit I've seen an MSU player pull in a long time.

Now things I did like.

1. Tommy looked good. Wish he would have checked it down a littl more, but I like him taking shots. The timing will get there. Agree on all points. I think the taking shots was due to more of an open playbook to test things out because we don't have to be perfectly safe against the opponent. I expect that style to adjust based on who we play.
2. Everything Kylin. I just hated, due to our defense, he had to play deep into that game. He ran hard. Broke tackles. Picked up blocks. And generally had a 100 grade for the game. Feed this man the rock. He should be at 20 carries every game going into the 4th and then hopefully end up with 35ish carries IMO. That is a nice recipe for success in the SEC.
3. Mitchell and Zuber had good games. Actually all of the WRs played pretty well. There were a couple of routes where either the receiver turned the wrong way on the deep ball or Stevens threw it to the wrong shoulder, but good overall. Couple of miscues on timing and not being game speed. That will come with time.

Fact is. Game one. Lots to learn from. Offense doesn't worry me based on what I saw. Defense, man they have work to do.

Lets all pull for them to get it corrected and get going. Hailstate