C. Our O is better

D. Injuries in addition to suspensions....ouch

E. Glad football is back, but this team ain't winning more than 8 games MAX

Apoplectic
08-31-2019, 02:43 PM
ha ... you said 8

starkvegasdawg
08-31-2019, 02:43 PM
Our bowl destination this year may be Memphis or Birmingham. Time to start searching for body armor on amazon.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2019, 02:44 PM
Oh, and " Joevester" is likely here to stay for a while, unfortunately.

Bdawg
08-31-2019, 02:46 PM
Hopefully a lot of this is game 1 crap that can be cleaned up and is just growing pains. Shoop definitely has work to do. I would probably ok with firing Joey Jones as soon as they get back home. I really hate turf, too. Seems to bite us every time. Hopefully just some small dings.

BogeyGolfer
08-31-2019, 02:46 PM
A. Y'all crowned Shoop too soon

B. Our D is as bad as our special teams

C. Our O is better

I agree with everything you mentioned here....We can't stop the run and our special teams look worse than 2016. We are in trouble if we don't improve our DE play.

MetEdDawg
08-31-2019, 02:47 PM
1) Tackling of RBs was poor. Missed tackles on the QB I chalk up to a speed QB. We won't see a kid that elusive the rest of the year.

2) Offense makes sense and Stevens is really good.

3) I hope the injuries we suffered are only minor

4) OL did a great job

5) Defense as a whole looked a little lost today. That has to get better.

I don't know what to make of this team. ULL clearly better than last year. Neutral site first game too and not at home. Odd game that we won. Offense had a lot of new parts and although sometimes inconsistent looked much more organized. Defense lost a lot and they look not nearly as good. I could see the same record as last year still but the defense has to get better. This offense will be able to travel because the OL is good and the QB is more talented in every area of the game.

Bdawg
08-31-2019, 02:47 PM

I didn't think he was that bad. Just got keep improving on this team. Schedule is good for that.

Hambone
08-31-2019, 02:48 PM
We downed two punts at the half yard line and returned a punt to the 14.....

It isn’t all bad.

Bothrops
08-31-2019, 02:48 PM
We can't win a single conference game with the defense we played today.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2019, 02:49 PM
I didn't think he was that bad. Just got keep improving on this team. Schedule is good for that.

I was talking about C34's nickname. Joe didn't do anything today to end that shit unfortunately

maroonmania

C. Our O is better

Couldn't have picked a worse year to start off playing on plastic. Suspensions plus a ton of injuries spell disaster.

I seen it dawg
To me the defense problem today was we looked fat slow and out of shape. Missed tackles and injuries equate to that.

msstate7
Oline injury updates?

I seen it dawg
08-31-2019, 02:50 PM
I was talking about C34's nickname. Joe didn't do anything today to end that shit unfortunately

Meh...

Bdawg
08-31-2019, 02:51 PM

It isn’t all bad.

I guess we do get our field goal kicker back. But who the hell is calling those short kickoffs? Guess I should blame the head man and not Joey

CadaverDawg

It isn’t all bad.

Missed a chip shot FG and suddenly forgot how to kick the ball in the endzone. Oh and the kicked punt turnover. Special teams and D looked bad. O had some moments, but a pretty meh performance

msugolf
To me the defense problem today was we looked fat slow and out of shape. Missed tackles and injuries equate to that.

Sort of like a big 10 team

msstate7
08-31-2019, 02:52 PM
Sort of like a big 10 team

Ouch

maroonmania
08-31-2019, 02:52 PM
ha ... you said 8

If someone gave us 7 right now I would take it and call it a day. Given our suspensions and injuries there is nothing for sure even the next 2 weeks.

Bdawg
08-31-2019, 02:53 PM

I know who you're talking about. Don't think he deserved it in the first place, but as far as the O goes, I didn't think he deserved that title today either.

CadaverDawg
I felt that our D and our OL looked fat and out of shape. Thus injuries. Our OL went from fast and muscular to slow and blubber. This Big10 shit ain't gonna work in this league

1bigdawg
Offense looks ok. Almost 500 yards.

Stevens looked ok. 67% and 7.9 yards per pass.

Kylin looked great, but against ULL. Gibson, too.

Injuries to the OL are concerning. Played a true freshman because we had to.

Lack of big plays is also concerning.

Kickoff coverage ws not good.

Kickoff returns were bad.

Malik Dear looked good on punt returns. Un-necessary lock in the back, though.

Punts were perfect.

Defense sucked.

Erroll thompson looked slow and missed a lot of tackles.

Spencer also looked terrible, both look overweight.

Interior DL looked about as expected.

James Jackson played really well. Surprised me.

KOdawg1

Besides waiting until 5 seconds to snap the ball every play and the fumble, I think the offense did fine. Tommy made some good throws, receivers made some good catches, and Kylin was Kylin. Hope and pray our OL isn't too bandaged.

The only thing giving me hope for this season is we have two more weeks against non-conf teams where we can hopefully figure some shit out defensively. I agree though, 8 wins is probably our ceiling

TNDawg35
08-31-2019, 02:55 PM
My biggest thing we looked out of shape. We also had no damn passion!! No one was jumping around or dancing or anything like that! We looked like we just went through the motions...

Bdawg
At least we not talking about DROPS!!! haha

1bigdawg
I felt that our D and our OL looked fat and out of shape. Thus injuries. Our OL went from fast and muscular to slow and blubber. This Big10 shit ain't gonna work in this league

Agreed on the overweight. All of the OL and DL looked overweight and slow except Rivers, as did Thompson.

Even the returning players had problems tackling.

Also, hope we don't meet another QB that is that shifty. Could have sacked him a bunch, but he always got away.

maroonmania
08-31-2019, 02:57 PM
My biggest thing we looked out of shape. We also had no damn passion!! No one was jumping around or dancing or anything like that! We looked like we just went through the motions...

IF we had come out of the game relatively healthy and IF our D had not totally caved in the 4th Q I would actually feel OK coming out of this game. But neither of those happened.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2019, 02:57 PM
Agreed on the overweight. All of the OL and DL looked overweight and slow except Rivers, as did Thompson.

Even the returning players had problems tackling.

Also, hope we don't meet another QB that is that shifty. Could have sacked him a bunch, but he always got away.

Yeah I was shocked at how fat Thompson and Leo looked

Bothrops
08-31-2019, 03:00 PM

The issue with the defense situation is not really in his control.

ShotgunDawg
08-31-2019, 03:01 PM
We can't win a single conference game with the defense we played today.

LOL. Did you see OM play today?

People say these things without realizing that other teams suck as well

DanDority
08-31-2019, 03:10 PM
LL, can't tackle me and I'm in a wheelchair!

TaleofTwoDogs
08-31-2019, 03:12 PM

It isn?t all bad.

True but average out a "D" grade on kickoffs and FGs with an "A" on punts and you have a C+ for special teams. Not good enough in the SEC.

FriarsPoint
08-31-2019, 03:15 PM
This team is awful. 5 wins. And 3 more years of this glorious stuff.

HoopsDawg
08-31-2019, 03:16 PM

It isn?t all bad.

that's actually kind of funny b/c Tucker Day struggled last year when he was "coached". He said he started doing better when he went back to his natural high school punting form.

Cooterpoot
08-31-2019, 03:17 PM
LOL. Did you see OM play today?

People say these things without realizing that other teams suck as well

Memphis is light years better than ULL.

Saltydog
08-31-2019, 03:20 PM
Meh, some clean up but some of it is lack of talent and experience up front. Those aren't quick fixes.

defiantdog
08-31-2019, 04:04 PM
We need Willie Gay back ASAP..... Leo Lewis had too many missed tackles today. Also, we need a better center fielder (or at least coach up Landrews)..... he was out of position for every pass play.

Randolph Dupree
08-31-2019, 04:04 PM
I concerned about the D but not overly so. Tackling can get better from week to week but some of the conditioning issues are what has me concerned. The D line continues to be something to watch but this is not last year's defense. We are going to have to rely on scheme to accomplish some of what we accomplished last year and we clearly were just playing straight up today. Hopefully the D like grows up sooner rather than later and game planning and scheming can help hide some of our weaknesses.

The good news for us is that Ole Miss ant UT both looked or are looking shittier than us. There's a lot of football left to play.

ShotgunDawg
08-31-2019, 04:40 PM

It'll be interesting to see how ULL does this year.

They've got all OL starters back & they are well coached.

thf24
08-31-2019, 04:48 PM

Not sure we can say that after they only scored 13 on that OM defense we know is atrocious.

KOdawg1
08-31-2019, 04:50 PM
Not sure we can say that after they only scored 13 on that OM defense we know is atrocious.
Also says a lot about the Ole Miss offense that they could only put up 10 points on an equally bad Memphis defense

Maroonthirteen
08-31-2019, 04:51 PM

I dnk. OM defense pretty much shut the Tigers vaunted Offense down. First TD, OM stopped the Tigers twice but gave them first downs on penalties. If OMs defense can shut down Memphis, we would blank Memphis.

Maroonthirteen
08-31-2019, 04:56 PM
Also says a lot about the Ole Miss offense that they could only put up 10 points on an equally bad Memphis defense

The OM o is bad. Shocking bad.

R2Dawg
08-31-2019, 10:35 PM
Offense looks ok. Almost 500 yards.

Stevens looked ok. 67% and 7.9 yards per pass.

Kylin looked great, but against ULL. Gibson, too.

Injuries to the OL are concerning. Played a true freshman because we had to.

Lack of big plays is also concerning.

Kickoff coverage ws not good.

Kickoff returns were bad.

Malik Dear looked good on punt returns. Un-necessary lock in the back, though.

Punts were perfect.

Defense sucked.

Erroll thompson looked slow and missed a lot of tackles.

Spencer also looked terrible, both look overweight.

Interior DL looked about as expected.

James Jackson played really well. Surprised me.

Our conditioning shocked me. We looked out of shape and slow. We have taken a real step back there that I didn't not see coming. Not going to cut it in the SEC.

Stevens is a very good QB, Hill is a stud. I don't like the bunched up OL sets.

I thought Lovett looked pretty good today. We really missed Autry and Gay. Makes a big difference with our D.

Not sure what happened to our secondary when so many WR were open?

Pollodawg
08-31-2019, 10:46 PM
There’s absolutely stuff to be concerned about. But I still Day 8-4 is most likely.
We should handle Tennessee the fans and team mentally checked out today.
Arkansas only managed 20 pts against Portland State. They’re awful.
OM is OM
Kentucky is a tossup, but it’s in Starkville.

We will go to a crappy bowl in Memphis or BHam and win. Our record will be better, but it’ll be fool’s gold because, top—bottom, we will be a worse team.

Pollodawg
08-31-2019, 10:47 PM
I miss having a coach the team heard. You’re not their friend, joe. You’re their boss.

Cooterpoot
08-31-2019, 10:51 PM
I dnk. OM defense pretty much shut the Tigers vaunted Offense down. First TD, OM stopped the Tigers twice but gave them first downs on penalties. If OMs defense can shut down Memphis, we would blank Memphis.

Memphis got a bad call that cost them a TD. Memphis would beat ULL worse than we did.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-31-2019, 10:58 PM
Memphis got a bad call that cost them a TD. Memphis would beat ULL worse than we did.

Fact is we have no idea how OM, State, Memphis and ULL stack up because we've only played 1 game. From my eyes, ULL's O was executing faster an better than Memphis's did, and OM's O looked god aawful independent of Memphis. SO I'd say ULL stacks up and we're better than OM. But at the end of the day we don't have the data to confidently say anything

Todd4State
09-01-2019, 01:59 AM
Fact is we have no idea how OM, State, Memphis and ULL stack up because we've only played 1 game. From my eyes, ULL's O was executing faster an better than Memphis's did, and OM's O looked god aawful independent of Memphis. SO I'd say ULL stacks up and we're better than OM. But at the end of the day we don't have the data to confidently say anything

Yes. We need three-four games of data to really start to see some real trends develop. Otherwise it's a small sample size and really should be taken with a grain of salt at this point.

It's odd for us too because we know that we're going to get two starting players that could have a big impact on the defense later in the year so our defensive data is going to be skewed big time anyway. As are our ST stats a little bit early because of Christmann being suspended and who knows why Goodman didn't kickoff in the first half.

This is going to sound totally crazy- but it wouldn't totally shock me at all if we're better against the run in SEC play than we are against OOC play because of the schemes of the teams we play OOC and the suspensions.

PCHSDawg
09-01-2019, 03:31 AM
Yes. We need three-four games of data to really start to see some real trends develop. Otherwise it's a small sample size and really should be taken with a grain of salt at this point.

It's odd for us too because we know that we're going to get two starting players that could have a big impact on the defense later in the year so our defensive data is going to be skewed big time anyway. As are our ST stats a little bit early because of Christmann being suspended and who knows why Goodman didn't kickoff in the first half.

This is going to sound totally crazy- but it wouldn't totally shock me at all if we're better against the run in SEC play than we are against OOC play because of the schemes of the teams we play OOC and the suspensions.Come on man, don't be a realist, these doom and gloomers just want to push their "joevester" agenda. I wish they would go find a bandwagon to get on. Jesus I'm not a sunshine pumper but the negativity around here is getting old.

gravedigger
09-01-2019, 08:11 AM

C. Our O is better

We all enjoyed last years success on D and attributed too much to shoop. You weren?t the voice of reason on that then so don?t act like you are now.

Our special teams were not good, but we made plays when we had to. Kickoff returns should all be downed and taken at the 25. Field goals should be made and our own players should have run up and blasted Mixon before he touched the ball.

Our O is better for exactly the reason we said last year. The qb knows where to go with the ball and the last one didn?t.

Injuries and suspensions are things we cannot change and aren?t worth considering.

Whooo boy. No more than 8 games max. Hot take. Almost as daring as saying our defense would take a step back by captain obvious 34.

Turfdawg67
09-01-2019, 08:59 AM

Light years? Man you say some dumb things.

Turfdawg67
09-01-2019, 09:03 AM
Our conditioning shocked me. We looked out of shape and slow. We have taken a real step back there that I didn't not see coming. Not going to cut it in the SEC.

Stevens is a very good QB, Hill is a stud. I don't like the bunched up OL sets.

I thought Lovett looked pretty good today. We really missed Autry and Gay. Makes a big difference with our D.

Not sure what happened to our secondary when so many WR were open?

Our secondary looked great last year because the QB was usually hurried and threw early. Hard to maintain coverage for too long.

MedDawg
09-01-2019, 09:27 AM
Come on man, don't be a realist, these doom and gloomers just want to push their "joevester" agenda. I wish they would go find a bandwagon to get on. Jesus I'm not a sunshine pumper but the negativity around here is getting old.

Agree. And it's especially ridiculous to say State's game vs ULL confirmed Moorhead's 'jovester' status. Croom was stubborn and wouldn't change his offense. State's offense yesterday looked like a completely new offense with more running back carries and a successful passing game. Yesterday Moorhead was the OPPOSITE of Croom.

Maroonthirteen
09-01-2019, 09:42 AM

Do you live around Memphis? Tiger high ain’t squat. They’ll win with that
Pathetic schedule but they aren’t THAT good.

Maroonthirteen
09-01-2019, 09:48 AM
My .02..... we didn’t dominate today like Bama and LSU. So what.

However We were poised to blow them out. We made two big mistakes and allowed ULL to get their footing. The CB blitz fumble.... fixable. Muffed punt turnover.... fixable.

The offense looks great. The only only concern there ..... other than OL depth.... is our WRs have to get more physical. Go up and get the damn ball.

Defensively, it is a rebuilding year. Again we don’t have Bama depth. So losing two starters hurt. I thought with those huge factors, we looked decent Also I thought we played a very vanilla scheme defensively. That will change.

Again, we are better than we played Saturday and we will get better as the season progresses. Same for every team on our schedule.

MaroonFlounder
09-01-2019, 04:06 PM
We need Willie Gay back ASAP.

Willie Gay will only be active for 4 games.

MaroonFlounder
09-01-2019, 04:17 PM
As are our ST stats a little bit early because of Christmann being suspended and who knows why Goodman didn't kickoff in the first half.

Goodman kicked off the entire game. The PA announcer in the dome had it wrong in the first half. Someone must have clued him in at halftime.