PDA

View Full Version : Completely Ridiculous that Justin Fields Is Eligible Today for Ohio State

ShotgunDawg
08-31-2019, 09:10 AM
Sorry, sitting here watching Gameday & they are focusing on him. Completely absurd & a mockery of the system that Fields is eligible today for OSU when other, more legitimate cases have been turned down.

Outside of officiating & some investigation stuff, Fields eligibility is the most biased things I've ever seen the NCAA do

msstate7
08-31-2019, 09:13 AM
In today's environment, you really think the ncaa wanted to turn down a waiver based on a race issue? I knew the moment I heard the claim that fields would be eligible.

ShotgunDawg
08-31-2019, 09:16 AM
In today's environment, you really think the ncaa wanted to turn down a waiver based on a race issue? I knew the moment I heard the claim that fields would be eligible.

I get your point, but just don't think the NCAA can go there. Fields couldn't even hear the words & my guess is that those words are uttered in every SEC stadium, every Saturday. What makes Fields so special?

It's completely ridiculous & biased that he is eligible.

Tbonewannabe
08-31-2019, 09:35 AM
I get your point, but just don't think the NCAA can go there. Fields couldn't even hear the words & my guess is that those words are uttered in every SEC stadium, every Saturday. What makes Fields so special?

It's completely ridiculous & biased that he is eligible.

I imagine every player could claim that. Supposedly that wasn't included in Fields waiver request. If it wasn't then how in the hell was he eligible other than Ohio State.

ShotgunDawg
08-31-2019, 09:38 AM
I imagine every player could claim that. Supposedly that wasn't included in Fields waiver request. If it wasn't then how in the hell was he eligible other than Ohio State.

Seriously, that's a great question that I have no clue the answer too.

My guess is that UGA promised something that wasn't delivered upon. Probably used the same excuse the OM players had to transfer.

And FWIW, I don't have an issue with transfers. What I do have an issue with is the rule book being thrown out the window when it's convenient

Ari Gold
08-31-2019, 09:40 AM
Agree it’s ridiculous he was ruled eligible over the kid from VaTech. But that’s what happens when you have people in your compliance department that are qualified and that are suppose to be in your compliance department

Bothrops
08-31-2019, 10:14 AM
The NCaa is needs to be disbanded.

gravedigger
08-31-2019, 10:31 AM
The NCaa is needs to be disbanded.

Assuming you believe there should be a governing body, how would it look, roughly, if we disbanded the NCAA?

ShotgunDawg
08-31-2019, 10:36 AM
Assuming you believe there should be a governing body, how would it look, roughly, if we disbanded the NCAA?

College football needs a commish

NCDawg
08-31-2019, 10:42 AM
Moorhead said we were appealing Love's decision. I guess we were unsuccessful.

Bothrops
08-31-2019, 10:58 AM

The NCAA is a rickety, unscrupulous organization. I'd love to see something new formed and instituted without the same amount of bureaucracy.

maroonmania
08-31-2019, 11:05 AM

So basically any black person can now get immediate eligibility by saying someone at their previous school called them the 'N' word? Apparently Love should have used that strategy.