PDA

View Full Version : Stoops

Homedawg
08-30-2019, 04:55 PM
If this has already been posted delete it. But UK gave him a huge extension. 6 years, this year 4.75 going all the way to 6 mil in 24-25. Pretty good gig for a guy who has won more than 7 games once. With that said, he's done a good job and is in a difficult place to win in our league.

msstate7
08-30-2019, 05:02 PM
I'm really interested in how they do this year. I'm also following how they finish out this recruiting class... they're 10 composite points behind us with 8 less commits, so they're stepping it up so far

TrapGame
08-30-2019, 05:07 PM
I listened to his SXM interview a few weeks ago and it was pretty good. He had to beg for his job after season 3 b/c they were ready to can him. He made a big presentation that went into detail of where he was going with the defense and offense. He talked about recruits they were going after and getting. He told them flat out that if he didn't have at least an 8 win season by season 5 when all his pieces were in place he'd quit.

Homedawg
08-30-2019, 05:09 PM
With that said about recruiting, we are going to finish bottom 4 in the league in recruiting rankings. I know many say they don't matter....

Homedawg
08-30-2019, 05:11 PM
I listened to his SXM interview a few weeks ago and it was pretty good. He had to beg for his job after season 3 b/c they were ready to can him. He made a big presentation that went into detail of where he was going with the defense and offense. He talked about recruits they were going after and getting. He told them flat out that if he didn't have at least an 8 win season by season 5 when all his pieces were in place he'd quit.

Didn't see that. But if he said it, he didn't keep his word. It took him 6 seasons to win 8

TrapGame
08-30-2019, 05:12 PM
Didn't see that. But if he said it, he didn't keep his word. It took him 6 seasons to win 8

I think by that time he had won them over.

Homedawg
08-30-2019, 05:15 PM
I think by that time he had won them over.

Yeah two 7-6 seasons were big for them so I get it.