PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol sales

Cooterpoot
08-30-2019, 11:35 AM
So, we?re the only D1 school in MS not doing it?
USM and OM are rolling it out. At what point does our overly conservative leadership get on board?

Matt3467
08-30-2019, 11:45 AM
USM and OM are rolling it out. At what point does our overly conservative leadership get on board?

Does the lack of alcohol sells affect attendance? In my opinion alcohol at sporting events are a recipe for disaster. I'm glad it's not offered here, but you can rest assured that if MSU felt alcohol sales would drive up attendance then they'd be selling it next home game.

Cooterpoot
08-30-2019, 11:47 AM
Well, it’s not about attendance. It’s about sales. And yes, it’ll make a lot of money for us. I haven’t seen these disasters you speak of any of the pro venues.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-30-2019, 11:48 AM
Does the lack of alcohol sells affect attendance? In my opinion alcohol at sporting events are a recipe for disaster. I'm glad it's not offered here, but you can rest assured that if MSU felt alcohol sales would drive up attendance then they'd be selling it next home game.

Can’t be any worse than what’s happening now with everyone getting shit faced before the game and pounding whiskey throughout the game.

fishwater99
08-30-2019, 11:51 AM

Really. People are already sneaking in hard liquor, beer sales will actually result in less drunks vs liquor.

Liverpooldawg
08-30-2019, 11:56 AM

Ole Miss isn't doing it this year. They already announced that.

starkvegasdawg
08-30-2019, 12:13 PM
Can’t be any worse than what’s happening now with everyone getting shit faced before the game and pounding whiskey throughout the game.

This. Last year saw a guy arrested before the game that was so drunk he could barely walk. Doubt he even remembered being arrested. Saw another in the bathroom before the game on his knees in the stall praying to the porcelain god with all his might.

Covercorner2
08-30-2019, 12:21 PM

Yes they are. They just announced. Will start A&M game.

Cooterpoot
08-30-2019, 12:24 PM

They start with the A&M game.

fishwater99
08-30-2019, 12:26 PM

Nope 10/19.

I bet it will be years before we come around.

monroedawg5646
08-30-2019, 12:50 PM

News flash, the stadium is already full of alcohol. My section wreaks of bourbon and I see people shit faced every game. The loss of EASY revenue is idiotic to me. Some of the same big wheels saying no we?re not going to sale are the same ones sitting in their private box enjoying a whiskey drink or Mich Ultra.

Liverpooldawg
08-30-2019, 01:38 PM
Yes they are. They just announced. Will start A&M game.

Yeah, just saw it.