PDA

View Full Version : Andy C

Duckdog
08-30-2019, 09:40 AM
Man what a long way to fall. Head baseball coach of Mississippi State to coaching high school baseball. I hope ol gal was worth it.

Maroonthirteen
08-30-2019, 09:41 AM
I guarantee. He regrets meeting ol gal every day.

DownwardDawg
08-30-2019, 09:45 AM
He had the world in his hands. Would have probably become the highest paid baseball coach in America. He was on his way to winning the CWS sooner that later and had the best job in America.
Lost it all.

Fader21
08-30-2019, 09:54 AM
I feel like within 5 years he will be back at the D-1 level.

Johnson85
08-30-2019, 10:16 AM
I feel like within 5 years he will be back at the D-1 level.

I'm shocked he is at high school. Is he choosing to coach high school b/c he didn't want to take an assistant job? Or is he really that toxic right now?

deadheaddawg
08-30-2019, 10:19 AM
Man what a long way to fall. Head baseball coach of Mississippi State to coaching high school baseball. I hope ol gal was worth it.

I assume his is now separated from his wife (who, I think, was pregnant when he cheated). That's a harder and longer fall. Losing your family. But he brought it on himself. I feel no sympathy for him. I do have a lot of sympathy for his wife and kids though.

Duckdog
08-30-2019, 10:35 AM
I assume his is now separated from his wife (who, I think, was pregnant when he cheated). That's a harder and longer fall. Losing your family. But he brought it on himself. I feel no sympathy for him. I do have a lot of sympathy for his wife and kids though.

Agree, but i just don't understand the WHY.

Cowbell
08-30-2019, 10:43 AM
Let this be a lesson to all the young men out there. It ain’t worth it.

Randolph Dupree
08-30-2019, 11:00 AM
Last I heard, he and his wife were still together. That's been a year or so ago right after it came out that he'd be assuming the head coaching duties at whatever school it is. Not sure if they're still together as of today and for all I know they could've been together on paper only. Eventually somebody will give him another shot but, as I've said in the past, this guy is a total meat head and a coward (not referencing the cheating but the way he handled some of the players). I firmly believe, based on what we now know, that any success the guy has at the collegiate level would be short term and although it was painful I think we dodged a major bullet by only having him one year (and we got Jake G. so that was a major plus).

deadheaddawg
08-30-2019, 11:01 AM

My guess. Ego. He was young and shot up quickly to one of the premier positions/schools in his field. He probably thought he was good enough to not get caught.

When you ask WHY you have to assume they dont think they will get caught. So why sleep with a hot chick? Because she is hot and I believe I will not get caught

ShotgunDawg
08-30-2019, 11:07 AM

oh, I understand why.

ZedFedder
08-30-2019, 11:08 AM
With Lemonis I feel we get a lot of what we got with Cannizaro-- young, energetic, great recruiter-- without the lack of discipline. I think it worked out better for us in the end.

BeastMan
08-30-2019, 11:27 AM
What rubs me the wrong way is how it did not effect her career at all. She didn’t miss a beat and bails. I cannot imagine getting caught having an affair and then moving away from her husband. She’s just as much a scumbag as he is.

Johnson85
08-30-2019, 11:31 AM
What rubs me the wrong way is how it did not effect her career at all. She didn’t miss a beat and bails. I cannot imagine getting caught having an affair and then moving away from her husband. She’s just as much a scumbag as he is.

Different types of careers though. SHe's not the face of the school or any program.

I am surprised Meghan is ok with Mullen bringing her to Florida. Just looks awful perception wise.

TUSK
08-30-2019, 11:32 AM
"It" is undefeated for a reason, guys...

and "it" will retire undefeated....

deadheaddawg
08-30-2019, 11:33 AM

Is there any evidence that it impacted her job performance? It absolutely impacted Andy C.'s job performance.....it absolutely SHOULD have effected his career. He failed at his job duties because of it.

Are you saying you believe everyone that has an affair should suffer career consequences? Because that's kind of absurd.

TUSK
08-30-2019, 11:50 AM
Something's missing in this thread....

Oh, yeah... "Pics or it doesn't count!"

Let's see her, guys...

Johnson85
08-30-2019, 12:22 PM
Is there any evidence that it impacted her job performance? It absolutely impacted Andy C.'s job performance.....it absolutely SHOULD have effected his career. He failed at his job duties because of it.

Are you saying you believe everyone that has an affair should suffer career consequences? Because that's kind of absurd.

You do realize she worked for the university and they were colleagues?

And yes, having affairs within the workplace is a reason for consequences and this situation is a prime example of why. It 17s things up. If you want to run around on your spouse, that's not good but maybe not your employer's business. If you want to run around on your spouse with a colleague, that is a problem for the employer. Pissed off spouses show up at work; it causes animosity between people at work that know it's going on; colleagues spend work hours focused on their paramour that is right there rather than focusing on their work; etc.

Dawgbite
08-30-2019, 12:30 PM
A wise man once told me " A hard pecker ain't got no conscious" !

mparkerfd20
08-30-2019, 12:39 PM
Different types of careers though. SHe's not the face of the school or any program.

I am surprised Meghan is ok with Mullen bringing her to Florida. Just looks awful perception wise.

Hell Mullen was hitting it back then and is probably still hitting it now.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-30-2019, 12:46 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dnv18PGU8AEbYEe.jpg

I would say there's a possibility of some freaky shit going on.

mparkerfd20
08-30-2019, 12:56 PM
Yeah there's a distinct possibility Meghan is hitting it too.

TUSK
08-30-2019, 12:57 PM
Prolly not for a million dolla a year gig... but would smash.

deadheaddawg
08-30-2019, 01:04 PM
You do realize she worked for the university and they were colleagues?

And yes, having affairs within the workplace is a reason for consequences and this situation is a prime example of why. It 17s things up. If you want to run around on your spouse, that's not good but maybe not your employer's business. If you want to run around on your spouse with a colleague, that is a problem for the employer. Pissed off spouses show up at work; it causes animosity between people at work that know it's going on; colleagues spend work hours focused on their paramour that is right there rather than focusing on their work; etc.

Ummmmm.

Do you realize she doesn't still work for MSU?

I know for an absolute fact that the affair impacted Andy's job performance and it is reasonable to assume that will keep him from getting a comparable job elsewhere for the time being. Common sense and completely reasonable. I haven't heard of any indication that her job performance suffered. It seems reasonable that if she still performed her job, she would be able to get a comparable job elsewhere.

This isn't difficult to understand. Andy had a position where he was in the public eye and represented the university in said public eye..... AND his job suffered. She was not, and as far as I know her job did not. If you cant understand the difference, I dont know what to tell you. Its a simple concept. I guess you have never been in charge of hiring and firing employees.

HancockCountyDog
08-30-2019, 01:06 PM

I'd hit the delete button if I was you.

Johnson85
08-30-2019, 02:58 PM
Ummmmm.

Do you realize she doesn't still work for MSU?

I know for an absolute fact that the affair impacted Andy's job performance and it is reasonable to assume that will keep him from getting a comparable job elsewhere for the time being. Common sense and completely reasonable. I haven't heard of any indication that her job performance suffered. It seems reasonable that if she still performed her job, she would be able to get a comparable job elsewhere.

This isn't difficult to understand. Andy had a position where he was in the public eye and represented the university in said public eye..... AND his job suffered. She was not, and as far as I know her job did not. If you cant understand the difference, I dont know what to tell you. Its a simple concept. I guess you have never been in charge of hiring and firing employees.

It is a simple concept, but it is still apparently difficult for you to understand. See if this helps you. If someone is skilled at her work but is a raging bitch to everybody she works with and makes them miserable, it doesn't matter that she takes care of her work. Part of her job, whether it's in her job description or not, is to not make the work environment dysfunctional. To keep somebody on that acts like that, they not only have to be good at what they do, they have to do something that is hard to replace. Similarly, if someone is married and running around with another married co-worker, it is highly likely to introduce dysfunction within the work environment even if that person takes care of his/her individual responsibilities. There is a reason non-fraternization policies used to be reasonably common and apply even to non-married people not in each other's chain of command. It gets messy even when you aren't introducing the infidelity aspect into it.

So yes, it would be normal for her to suffer consequences in her career b/c of it. Again, not much b/c of the nature of her career. She's just not in a position where it's a huge issue for her future employer (and on the flipside, also not of a position where they would be willing to put up with a lot b/c of her value). But for most employers, to the extent they are aware of the blow up at state (which I assume will be most universities, at least once they do a little due diligence), it would be a negative for her. It just doesn't matter for her because Mullen had leverage and Mullen wanted to take her to UF. Had he left her at MSU, things probably would have gotten frosty for her and when she left, there's a good chance she would not be competitive for positions she otherwise would have been competitive for.

JoseBrown
08-30-2019, 03:39 PM
It is a simple concept

Yes it is, and there's a name for it. It's called "Shitting where you eat." And it got that name by causing everything else you posted there...

Bothrops
08-30-2019, 03:47 PM

Meanwhile, I think she's still employed at UF....?

bulldogcountry1
08-30-2019, 05:46 PM
It’s irrelevant now, but I wonder if the “distraction” would have been 100% responsible for the program’s inevitable downfall. I was concerned about AC long before he was fired. He was always preoccupied with social media and seemed quite immature. In the fall before “the fall”, things were starting to leak out about how he seemed in over his head. I never saw him as a guy who could run an SEC program and manage a complex scholarship situation. Fortunately, we had great player leadership and Henderson to keep it all from falling apart.

I think he’s a good assistant coach, and that’s it. I can’t stand Maineri, but I’ll never forget how he acted when AC was hired away from him. He seemed genuinely confused.

Dawgology
08-30-2019, 05:51 PM
"It" is undefeated for a reason, guys...

and "it" will retire undefeated....

Amen