PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett Stidham/Auburn

ShotgunDawg
08-30-2019, 08:02 AM
Before we crown Auburn as being awesome & Bo Nix as a future Heisman contender, let us acknowledge that Auburn had an NFL QB last year & Gus basically did nothing with him.

Is Nix really going to be better this year than an NFL QB was last year at Auburn?

If Nix is going to be better this year than Stidham was last year, why?

Don't let hype reduce your ability to use simple logic & reasoning skills

msstate7
08-30-2019, 08:08 AM
Must have missed Gus winning the west with stidham

ShotgunDawg
08-30-2019, 08:13 AM
Must have missed Gus winning the west with stidham

He did have a better year in 17 than 18.

msstate7
08-30-2019, 08:17 AM
He did have a better year in 17 than 18.

Auburn lost like their entire oline, k. Johnson at rb, and Pettway got hurt in preseason

Covercorner2
08-30-2019, 08:19 AM
Auburn lost like their entire oline, k. Johnson at rb, and Pettway got hurt in preseason

So same oline and RBs this year?

msstate7
08-30-2019, 08:21 AM
So same oline and RBs this year?

Yes, no mass turnover this season

Covercorner2
08-30-2019, 08:23 AM
Yes, no mass turnover this season

So we are expecting that crew to substantially be better with a true freshman running the show?

ShotgunDawg
08-30-2019, 08:25 AM
FWIW, Lee Sterling just picked Oregon to win.

I don't see how Oregon scores enough to win, but I gotta be honest, I don't have a great feel for Auburn. I'm didn't start this thread to bang on Auburn, I just don't know what to think of them. I think there are legitimate questions.

Covercorner2
08-30-2019, 08:26 AM

I don't see how Oregon scores enough to win, but I gotta be honest, I don't have a great feel for Auburn. I'm didn't start this thread to bang on Auburn, I just don't know what to think of them. I think there are legitimate questions.

Yea I think Auburn could win this game and still not win 8.

msstate7
08-30-2019, 08:27 AM
So we are expecting that crew to substantially be better with a true freshman running the show?
Yes, I expect a group to get better with experience. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Tbonewannabe
08-30-2019, 08:27 AM

Some true freshmen are showing they are up to the task. I am not saying Nix will be good or even servicable but it isn't out of the realm of possibility. An Oline already having that chemistry is going in the right direction. I am not saying they will be good but it does bode well for them to return that experience in the trenches.

FriarsPoint
08-30-2019, 08:48 AM
Some true freshmen are showing they are up to the task. I am not saying Nix will be good or even servicable but it isn't out of the realm of possibility. An Oline already having that chemistry is going in the right direction. I am not saying they will be good but it does bode well for them to return that experience in the trenches.

The days of redshirting everybody are over. Even the mighty Nick Bonaparte Saban plays true freshmen. If the kid can play, he sees the field.

Captain Falcon
08-30-2019, 08:50 AM
I actually think Auburn will be pretty good this year, but their schedule is brutal. If Gus survives this year he will have earned it. Nix should be really good in time, but we'll see about this season. I kinda see him having the stereotypical freshman QB kind of year where he lights up some lesser teams but looks like a deer in the headlights in certain games.

I do think Auburn ends up beating Oregon, but as someone else already said, they could win that game and still not have that great of a season. Look no further than last year when they beat Washington (who won the PAC 12 and played in the Rose Bowl) but still lost five games.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-30-2019, 08:56 AM
Ex-Duke QB Daniel Jones (NY Giants) preseason stats:

29 of 34 for 416 yards, 2 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, 85.3% completion percentage, 137.3 rating

mparkerfd20
08-30-2019, 09:18 AM
You can't tell crap from preseason. Nothing at all. Zip. Nada.

Jack Lambert
08-30-2019, 09:25 AM
Yes, I expect a group to get better with experience. Hopefully I'm wrong.

that o line was really bad last year. I wonder how much they can improve?

Turfdawg67
08-30-2019, 10:04 AM
MS7 rushing to his keyboard when someone disses Tennessee, Auburn or LSU.

https://i.postimg.cc/5t8JYSRm/IMG-0660.gif

msstate7
08-30-2019, 10:11 AM
MS7 rushing to his keyboard when someone disses Tennessee, Auburn or LSU.

https://i.postimg.cc/5t8JYSRm/IMG-0660.gif

And you rush to post about me... I'm flattered that 80% of your post history is about me. The funny part is among all the posts about me, you've never tried to present an argument saying I'm wrong. Stalking me seems to be your only agenda here.

Cooterpoot
08-30-2019, 10:12 AM
I don?t think AU is good. I just think they?re better than Oregon. Matchup of two overrated teams IMO.

RiverCityDawg
08-30-2019, 10:36 AM
And you rush to post about me... I'm flattered that 80% of your post history is about me. The funny part is among all the posts about me, you've never tried to present an argument saying I'm wrong. Stalking me seems to be your only agenda here.

You post multiple times in every single thread, it's hard to miss you.

Auburn's offensive line struggled all of last season. That's all the Birmingham media talked about, including Cole Cubelic. Will they be better with continuity? Yeah I think so, but not great. And if they lose someone like Prince Tega the house of cards falls apart because they have NO depth. Their defense was 8th in the league last year. They have some great defensive linemen, mostly ends plus Derrick Brown in the middle, but they're back 7 has a lot of question marks. If Nix is just average this year as a freshman they will be lucky to get to 8.

Cowbell
08-30-2019, 10:38 AM

Well we outscored them last year with the worst offense in the league**

Cowbell
08-30-2019, 10:39 AM
I don?t think AU is good. I just think they?re better than Oregon. Matchup of two overrated teams IMO.

Hammer meet nail

TUSK
08-30-2019, 11:48 AM
I actually think Auburn will be pretty good this year, but their schedule is brutal. If Gus survives this year he will have earned it. Nix should be really good in time, but we'll see about this season. I kinda see him having the stereotypical freshman QB kind of year where he lights up some lesser teams but looks like a deer in the headlights in certain games.

I do think Auburn ends up beating Oregon, but as someone else already said, they could win that game and still not have that great of a season. Look no further than last year when they beat Washington (who won the PAC 12 and played in the Rose Bowl) but still lost five games.

Yeppers... They could very likely beat Oregon and still go 8-5, again...

(They play AT: A&M, Florida, LSU; UGA, Bammer, & MSU all at home)

If Gus loses to Oregon at home game 1, His seat is gonna be sssssssssmoking hot before the season gets goin' good...

BB30
08-30-2019, 03:19 PM
You can't tell crap from preseason. Nothing at all. Zip. Nada.

Dak says hello...Dude had a pretty solid preseason and then did pretty good in the regular season his rookie year.