PDA

View Full Version : We're arguing abour replacing the air filter when the whole AC is out...

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Replacing Dan Mullen, when he continues to win games despite the odds, is the equivalent to replacing the filter when your AC compressor goes out.

We've got bigger problems with this administration. They've got no backbone. It's an "MSU, Bible belt, nice guy, don't want to get our hands dirty, do it the right way even though everybody else refuses to, happy for not being last" type of mentality that's brought us to where we are. CDM is making his share of mistakes, but if you think changing coaches under this administration is going to get us to the promise land you're fooling yourselves. We've got bigger problems and they need to be addressed first and foremost.

Ninja + CDM = New Year's Day Bowl and packed stadiums... in short order.
Strick + CDM = More fund raising for the school while struggling to reach bowls when we can't fill our seats.

I'll let you figure out what changed in that equation...

Bottom line is that our leadership is piss poor. I know I keep coming back to the schedule, but this is a shining example of the worst kind of mistakes you could ever make as an AD. There are very few things to a single football season that are more important than correctly managing the schedule.

1) Scheduling Okie State for a pre-season pay day when it means you could miss a post-season pay day, the recruiting bump that goes with playing in a bowl game, the extra practice, the bowl streak, the bowl sales revenue, etc... was dumb. Losing two starters for the year and not having the option to play Tyler Russell during Auburn was also a result of this terrible decision. Oh, and it was a LOSS. Scheduling a loss when you could schedule a win isn't smart. And this one scheduling mistake actually cost us two wins.
2) We scheduled Bowling Green as a night game for homecoming. We may have our hands tied here based on the TV contracts, which is understandable, but if we do, we need to revisit that ASAP. Homecoming games do not need to be at night... and if they are, they need to work with the city to make sure the bars don't close down too early. Also, we should try our damndest to make sure that's always a day game. Empty stadiums look like crap on TV, but they look worse to recruits and other visitors who are attending the game... including the TV crews who will decide when they're coming back.
3) Scheduling a Thursday night game against our worst SEC opponent of the year during fall break is about as dumb as you can get. I don't think it needs an explanation. Way to go.
4) Getting bent over by the SEC office for a SC away game after you were told you're getting Vandy... being so sure about it that you tell the fan base... scheduling Oklahoma State based on your confidence in this... and then getting the ole' LT oopty oop. Really? That's gutless. If it wasn't locked in, we shouldn't have went after the kickoff game. If you had a firm commitment, you should've forced them to keep it. Either way, it was either stupid or spineless.... neither of which is acceptable.
5) Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving... with either four or five wins on the schedule, due in part to the rest of the boneheaded scheduling decisions is pitiful. If it's four, OUR son-of-a-bitchin' stadium is going to fill up with Rebels on national TV. For that to even be a possibility at this point is enough to clean house in the Bryan Building.

We have opened our door to LT part two and everyone is yelling at the head coach because of it. We're arguing over whether Dan Mullen will be fired... what we should be asking ourselves is whether or not he's going to be willing to stay here and compete with the rest of the SEC and boneheaded gutless decisions our AD continues to make.

Keep your eye on the ball... and fix the damn compressor before you change the filter.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Didn't the ninja get the "Our State" ball rolling as well?

PMDawg
10-25-2013, 11:08 AM
you make a lot of good points, and you may be on to something...but Mullen's on the field coaching is atrocious these days. I don't see how that can be blamed on Scott. The rest, I don't have a strong opinion either way.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-25-2013, 11:16 AM
So I am guessing that you give Stricklin a lot of credit for next years favorable schedule then?

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Replacing Dan Mullen, when he continues to win games despite the odds, is the equivalent to replacing the filter when your AC compressor goes out.

We've got bigger problems with this administration. They've got no backbone. It's an "MSU, Bible belt, nice guy, don't want to get our hands dirty, do it the right way even though everybody else refuses to, happy for not being last" type of mentality that's brought us to where we are. CDM is making his share of mistakes, but if you think changing coaches under this administration is going to get us to the promise land you're fooling yourselves. We've got bigger problems and they need to be addressed first and foremost.

Strick + CDM = More fund raising for the school while struggling to reach bowls when we can't fill our seats.

Bottom line is that our leadership is piss poor. I know I keep coming back to the schedule, but this is a shining example of the worst kind of mistakes you could ever make as an AD. There are very few things to a single football season that are more important than correctly managing the schedule.

1) Scheduling Okie State for a pre-season pay day when it means you could miss a post-season pay day, the recruiting bump that goes with playing in a bowl game, the extra practice, the bowl streak, the bowl sales revenue, etc... was dumb. Losing two starters for the year and not having the option to play Tyler Russell during Auburn was also a result of this terrible decision. Oh, and it was a LOSS. Scheduling a loss when you could schedule a win isn't smart. And this one scheduling mistake actually cost us two wins.
2) We scheduled Bowling Green as a night game for homecoming. We may have our hands tied here based on the TV contracts, which is understandable, but if we do, we need to revisit that ASAP. Homecoming games do not need to be at night... and if they are, they need to work with the city to make sure the bars don't close down too early. Also, we should try our damndest to make sure that's always a day game. Empty stadiums look like crap on TV, but they look worse to recruits and other visitors who are attending the game... including the TV crews who will decide when they're coming back.
3) Scheduling a Thursday night game against our worst SEC opponent of the year during fall break is about as dumb as you can get. I don't think it needs an explanation. Way to go.
4) Getting bent over by the SEC office for a SC away game after you were told you're getting Vandy... being so sure about it that you tell the fan base... scheduling Oklahoma State based on your confidence in this... and then getting the ole' LT oopty oop. Really? That's gutless. If it wasn't locked in, we shouldn't have went after the kickoff game. If you had a firm commitment, you should've forced them to keep it. Either way, it was either stupid or spineless.... neither of which is acceptable.
5) Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving... with either four or five wins on the schedule, due in part to the rest of the boneheaded scheduling decisions is pitiful. If it's four, OUR son-of-a-bitchin' stadium is going to fill up with Rebels on national TV. For that to even be a possibility at this point is enough to clean house in the Bryan Building.

We have opened our door to LT part two and everyone is yelling at the head coach because of it. We're arguing over whether Dan Mullen will be fired... what we should be asking ourselves is whether or not he's going to be willing to stay here and compete with the rest of the SEC and boneheaded gutless decisions our AD continues to make.

Keep your eye on the ball... and fix the damn compressor before you change the filter.

Great post. However, I have to agree with PM too...Mullen's shitastic in game coaching has nothing to do with Scott. But I agree, this is a Stricklin problem as well.

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Come on, dude. You obviously have an ax to grind.

Our athletic department is just fine right now.

SignalToNoise
10-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Nice post Hack and you do make a compelling argument. I'm fine with purging the Bryan Building. I don't know near as much as you do, but my own observations tell me we do not have a well-oiled machine moving in the same direction. I'm guessing Keenum would be the one to make a move on that front.

And like PM said, Mullen's coaching shouldn't be effected by all that unless he has decided to straight up tank the season on purpose.

level set
10-25-2013, 11:27 AM
You bring up a good point - Mullen hasn't been the same since Byrne left. Mullen is not the same guy he was when he came here.

Will James
10-25-2013, 11:30 AM
We've got bigger problems with this administration. They've got no backbone. It's an "MSU, Bible belt, nice guy, don't want to get our hands dirty, do it the right way even though everybody else refuses to, happy for not being last" type of mentality that's brought us to where we are.

Very well said.

HancockCountyDog
10-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Great post. However, I have to agree with PM too...Mullen's shitastic in game coaching has nothing to do with Scott. But I agree, this is a Stricklin problem as well.

So did Scott call a QB counter on 3rd and 3 with Tyler Russell and his knee braces?

Did Scott go for it on a 4th and 10 from basically our 40 yard line with 3:00 left in the game against a team that couldn't pass the ball.

Did Scott bench our All American punter so our FG kicker, yes the same FG kicker that has missed every FG this season (basically) to punt out of the endzone.

If so, I totally agree that Scott should get fired.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 11:34 AM
So did Scott call a QB counter on 3rd and 3 with Tyler Russell and his knee braces?

Did Scott go for it on a 4th and 10 from basically our 40 yard line with 3:00 left in the game against a team that couldn't pass the ball.

Did Scott bench our All American punter so our FG kicker, yes the same FG kicker that has missed every FG this season (basically) to punt out of the endzone.

If so, I totally agree that Scott should get fired.

You do realize I agree with you right? Just making sure.

I just also think the problems go even further than Dan...but Dan is the biggest as of right now

Op4isabitch
10-25-2013, 11:38 AM

No it isn't.

We have a spineless A.D who when I emailed him about the crappy game day atmosphere responded by telling me that we have one of, if not the best atmosphere in all of college football. He sighted the streak of sell outs and verbal confirmation from other administrations as his proof. He won't even listen to his own schools fans when they tell him things need adjusting.

We have undoubtedly the worst compliance department in the conference. I don't need to explain multiple examples have been given over just the last few years in both BB and football.

We have a Football coaching staff that has reached their peak and in my view are actually getting worse, it's obvious to the vast majority of people who watch our games that our coaches just are not getting it done.

So no our Athletics department is not " just fine " on the contrary they suck.
For a reference, the bears bought in a new A.D and new head football coach and in two years they have not only passed us but lapped us and will continue to pull away from us unless we get our house in order and start playing the game!

HancockCountyDog
10-25-2013, 11:41 AM
You do realize I agree with you right? Just making sure.

I just also think the problems go even further than Dan...but Dan is the biggest as of right now

I think I replied to the wrong post. I may still be drunk. The 4th quarter almost cost me my liver.

The one fact that I kept thinking about last night and this morning is that its year 5 and we are significantly worse than we were in year 2. It would be one thing if we had stayed the same and not improved, but we have gone backwards since year 2.

I know there are ups and downs in coaching, but overall you should either be progessing, or staying roughly the same. The wrench in this analysis is that Mullen has shown an ability to win if given great talent - 2010 team. The problem is that he hasnt shown an ability to win games without great talent - and at MSU - by and large we won't have a team as talented as the 2010 team that often. He has to show that he can do more with less.

Freezus beat LSU with freshman corners, 3rd string DE's, and backup Hb's. Im not even asking for wins with starters - just be competitive.

smootness
10-25-2013, 11:47 AM

I agree with this. I think a lot of people see Stricklin and just assume he is a 'MSU, Bible belt, nice guy, don't want to get our hands dirty, do it the right way even though everybody else refuses to, happy for not being last' kind of guy. I've assumed that, but you actually saying it reaffirms my assumption.

His actions show otherwise. He may not be the kind of guy who is going to try to bend every rule at every opportunity to get ahead, but I'm ok with that. Some may not be, but I actually like that our AD tries to go about things the right way.

But ok with just not being last? What has Stricklin done that would make anyone think this? What does being an MSU guy have to do with anything? And what does 'Bible belt' mean in this context?

Stricklin, by his actions, is moving this athletic department forward. He may not do everything everyone wants, and yes, we could make some changes here and there (like use of the Jumbotron during games), but those are mostly minor issues. He is adding on to DWS, in a way that should look great and set us up to be able to continually build. He is building what seems to be a brand new DNF that everyone seems to be thrilled about so far, and it looks like he is in no way cutting corners on that.

So how, exactly, is he LT part two? He already canned Stansbury when it became clear he could no longer get the job done. He has continued and added onto plans for the football facility, basketball facility, etc. He seems to have made fantastic hires for softball and womens' basketball and, in my opinion, will prove to have done the same in men's basketball.

But because this year's schedule wasn't perfect, he's LT and a huge problem?

Sorry, I don't buy it. He has stated publicly in the past that he would rather play a big bowl game than a big OOC game early in the year, so you're actually on the same page with him there. But this year, we lost an opponent, had to fill it, and he went against himself and took a chance on the OSU game...I bet he won't do it again.

Scheduling a Homecoming game at night, and scheduling a Thursday game during fall break? Those are very minor 'issues'. This issue you have with him on scheduling is going a tad too far...you may not agree with it, and it may need to be tweaked in certain areas, but it just isn't a massive deal.

You think having Byrne here would mean we're 6-1 right now? Come on. Stricklin has proven himself to be a good AD, and I still have yet to see anyone give me a concrete reason why he is so bad outside of some rumors with the basketball coaching search (which, again, I think ended up with a very good hire).

smootness
10-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Freezus beat LSU with freshman corners, 3rd string DE's, and backup Hb's. Im not even asking for wins with starters - just be competitive.

We were absolutely competitive with LSU this year. Things fell apart, and the coaching staff deserves blame/criticism for that, but to act like they just came in and stomped us from beginning to end is revisionist history.

HancockCountyDog
10-25-2013, 11:51 AM
We were absolutely competitive with LSU this year. Things fell apart, and the coaching staff deserves blame/criticism for that, but to act like they just came in and stomped us from beginning to end is revisionist history.

Ok, I want us to competitive for 4 quarters.

Shit the Bears were losing to Bama 6-0 at halftime, doesn't mean they were competitive with them. A 30 point loss is a 30 point loss.

smootness
10-25-2013, 11:54 AM
I just wish we would get the focus off of Ole Miss.

It seems like most of the time, when you ask someone why it's time for Mullen to go, they start with, 'Well, Freeze...'

There are issues with our program right now, no doubt. But I want discussions on how to fix them more than, 'Mullen has to go because Freeze...' It really doesn't help solve anything.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 11:59 AM
I think I replied to the wrong post. I may still be drunk. The 4th quarter almost cost me my liver.

The one fact that I kept thinking about last night and this morning is that its year 5 and we are significantly worse than we were in year 2. It would be one thing if we had stayed the same and not improved, but we have gone backwards since year 2.

I know there are ups and downs in coaching, but overall you should either be progessing, or staying roughly the same. The wrench in this analysis is that Mullen has shown an ability to win if given great talent - 2010 team. The problem is that he hasnt shown an ability to win games without great talent - and at MSU - by and large we won't have a team as talented as the 2010 team that often. He has to show that he can do more with less.

This is a great post. Bottom line, Mullen can win when he has talent. He did at Florida, and he did at MSU in 2010. The problem is, he can't recruit. So we're in a bad situation.

If you can only win with great talent, and you are unable to bring in great talent...guess what? You aren't a long term solution for MSU. It is what it is.

And as bad as I hate OM being brought up...they have a solution. Freeze can win with great talent too, so he is bringing in incredible talent because he can croot. He may not be that great of a coach, but if you out talent 9 teams per year, you don't have to be a great coach to be successful.

smootness
10-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Freeze is a good recruiter, but I think we'll see that over time, he's not going to be bringing in classes like last year's. This year's class will be a good one, but it won't be incredible.

He lucked out last year on some connections those guys had, and it all hinged on Nkemdiche. Just think about it - had Nkemdiche decided to go elsewhere, they more than likely lose Tunsil as well and possibly one or two more of their other highly-rated guys, and suddenly their class is simply good, and the hype isn't there.

It was a great recruiting job to get Nkemdiche, for sure, but his family was pushing it big time. It's not as though Freeze just won him over...his family pushed it, and once it became clear Nkemdiche was probably going to Ole Miss, it turned heads.

They're still getting some recruiting hype off of that. Once it dies down some, and especially if Ole Miss doesn't start winning big next year, it'll become a lot more difficult for them to pull kids from around the country.

HancockCountyDog
10-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Freeze can win with great talent too, so he is bringing in incredible talent because he can croot. He may not be that great of a coach, but if you out talent 9 teams per year, you don't have to be a great coach to be successful.

The scary thing is that he has won without great talent already.

He beat us last year without a single player drafted off his team. Not one. In fact, there won't be a single senior drafted off this year's team.

Think about that for a second, we lost to a bear team that didn't have a single junior or senior that will be drafted off their team.

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 12:17 PM

then you're not very intuitive. I sat there and got butchered so the people I have an ax to grind against could skate? think about how stupid that is.

601Dawg
10-25-2013, 12:29 PM

We are ONE PLAY, ONE from being 5-2 (2-1) in the SEC.

I really agree with Hack 100% it aint Mullen its the AD. Stricklin has no backbone and is as spineless as it gets b/c he dont want to make anyone upset with him.

Stricklin is the one who stands behind Bracky and refuses to ease him into early retirement.

Stricklin is the one who made a bad hire with Rick Ray.

Stricklin is the one who don't have a clue what in the hell he's going to do with the future of our baseball program

IMO he's in WAAAAAYYYYY over his head.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-25-2013, 12:36 PM
What world are you living in? Do you just see what you want to see?

I really agree with Hack 100% it aint Mullen its the AD. Stricklin has no backbone and is as spineless as it gets b/c he dont want to make anyone upset with him. Based on what? He fired Stans, and that pissed off TONS of people

Stricklin is the one who stands behind Bracky and refuses to ease him into early retirement. You may have a point here, but I still think everyone has too conveniently pinned all our issues on one person

Stricklin is the one who made a bad hire with Rick Ray. What? This is the dumbest ****ing thing I've heard in a while. Please tell me exactly how the hire was so clearly bad that you can state it as a fact?

Stricklin is the one who don't have a clue what in the hell he's going to do with the future of our baseball program seems that we are moving forward there as well

IMO he's in WAAAAAYYYYY over his head.

just ridiculous

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 12:38 PM

We are 2 plays from being 2-5 (0-3) in the SEC. If BG catches an easy pass they beat us. If Kentucky breaks a market tackle, they beat us. And no way you can pin all of the coaching blunders on Stricklin. Stricklin didn't run Russell on 3rd and short, put Bell in punt formation in the end zone, go for it on 4th and long with minutes remaining, shit the bed against Auburn, etc.

I am questioning Stricklin more and more each day, but Mullen in no way gets a pass. I'll be honest, your post is a little absurd IMO.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-25-2013, 12:39 PM
So I am guessing that you give Stricklin a lot of credit for next years favorable schedule then?

Or blame the Ninja for scheduling GT and WV when we needed easy wins during the Croom and early Mullen years? Guess some people only see what they want to see.

SignalToNoise
10-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Or blame the Ninja for scheduling GT and WV when we needed easy wins during the Croom and early Mullen years? Guess some people only see what they want to see.

WHAT?!

Am I missing sarcasm here? LT scheduled those games, not Byrne.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-25-2013, 12:58 PM
WHAT?!

ok, then for not buying us out of them? the specifics weren't the point, but whatever

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 01:04 PM
WHAT?!

LT definitely scheduled the West Virginia series... not sure about GT. Just more proof that we're dealing with LT2 here.

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 01:04 PM
ok, then for not buying us out of them? the specifics weren't the point, but whatever

with all that money the football program was making under Croom?

coastdoglover
10-25-2013, 01:07 PM
You are entirely correct Hack. Most people don't have the sense to see the forest for the trees. Can anybody actually see us having to hire a new coach? That would be scary as hell under the current situation. I like our AD but he should be in marketing and not where he is. Other folks are starting to wake up and see it too but if anybody thinks we are making progress they haven't paid attention. Basketball will be as bad or worse than this and we do have talent in football and we don't have enough sense to use it properly and are totally undisciplined on the field. Burning two Freshmen's redshirt in the 7th game is inexcusable. The stadium will get more empty as we go along and it will back to LT, apathy and people being po'd. We are our worst enemies, not any opposition.

cheewgumm
10-25-2013, 01:10 PM
this BS scheduling issue is like begging to eb thrown into the briar patch.

smootness
10-25-2013, 01:27 PM
LT definitely scheduled the West Virginia series... not sure about GT. Just more proof that we're dealing with LT2 here.

Dude, we're not scheduling series here. It was one game, and it was because we had to fill the spot at the last minute. Stricklin decided to take a chance, and it didn't work out.

As I have already stated, he agrees with you on scheduling philosophy. He went against it once, it bit us, and he probably won't do it again.

You come across as ridiculous by continuing to try to use the Oklahoma State game to prove that Stricklin is LT2.

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Dude, we're not scheduling series here. It was one game, and it was because we had to fill the spot at the last minute. Stricklin decided to take a chance, and it didn't work out.

As I have already stated, he agrees with you on scheduling philosophy. He went against it once, it bit us, and he probably won't do it again.

You come across as ridiculous by continuing to try to use the Oklahoma State game to prove that Stricklin is LT2.

I've got other bullets in this gun, but I've chosen not to use them because it's not public information. Either way, screwing up 3 of our home games, the kickoff game, and the SEC east away game is more than enough to prove the point. He's not doing a good job moving the football program forward. period.

engie
10-25-2013, 01:47 PM
I've got other bullets in this gun, but I've chosen not to use them because it's not public information. Either way, screwing up 3 of our home games, the kickoff game, and the SEC east away game is more than enough to prove the point. He's not doing a good job moving the football program forward. period.

Yep. People are gong to have to see the rest of this story at some point though... because it is enough to change their minds about Stricklin...

smootness
10-25-2013, 01:54 PM

All we know is that you have reason to have a personal issue with the administration. If you won't tell us what you know, then don't even bring it up.

If all you can give me is Oklahoma State, then it's not going to change my mind.

smootness
10-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Yep. People are gong to have to see the rest of this story at some point though... because it is enough to change their minds about Stricklin...

And where did you get this information?

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 02:20 PM
All we know is that you have reason to have a personal issue with the administration. If you won't tell us what you know, then don't even bring it up.

If all you can give me is Oklahoma State, then it's not going to change my mind.

I just brought up Okie State, SC/Vandy, BGSU, Kentucky, and the Egg Bowl.

If I truly want to grind an ax I'd set aside any regard I have for the program and grind away. I'm not going to do that... ever. But I will voice my opinion about what I think is best for the program, and right now Stricklin thinks he's being politically savvy and helping by throwing away W's for $. We had another AD that did that and we ended up with zero fund raising ability, terrible attendance, a tarnished brand, and an embarrassment of a football program. Cashing in short term gains in spite of long term financial stability is terrible mismanagement. If nothing else, I hope that pointing this out will help him recognize that and positively influence future decisions. I don't see him being on the hot seat, so that's about all I can hope for.

Todd4State
10-25-2013, 02:45 PM
And I want to add:

LT scheduled GT. I remember them announcing the dates that we were playing West Virginia and GT on the same day. The reason Byrne didn't buy out of those games was because it would have been more costly than just playing them- and we probably would have ended up going to La Tech or somewhere like that.

Ole Miss doesn't want to play the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving. There's a reason it's a one year deal. In the future it's going to be LSU and Texas A&M on Thanksgiving. Jackie has said as much himself- and I'm pretty sure he is still connected to A&M goings on. It does seem like our fans are more open to playing the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving- which I never really have understood outside the superstition of "we won a couple of Thanksgiving Egg Bowls in the late 90's."

Todd4State
10-25-2013, 02:46 PM
this BS scheduling issue is like begging to eb thrown into the briar patch.

Yeah- because Croom won all the OOC games he was supposed to win.

ScottH
10-25-2013, 02:49 PM
No it isn't.

We have undoubtedly the worst compliance department in the conference.

Nope.

We have undoubtedly the worst compliance department at any NCAA level.

engie
10-25-2013, 02:50 PM
And where did you get this information?

From people that would not consider Hack a friend -- let's leave it at that.

cheewgumm
10-25-2013, 02:54 PM
nm

Yeah- because Croom won all the OOC games he was supposed to win.

Todd4State
10-25-2013, 02:59 PM
nm

Hud will probably be here by then. But please- keep talking out of your ass. I'm waiting on your next thread about how we shouldn't build like Missouri.

cheewgumm
10-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Do you disagree that if Mullen gets past this year that he will win 7 nextg year?

If he wins 7, and goes to a bowl, do we fire him?

The follwoing year, do we beat Vandy and Kenntucky?

If he wins 7, do we fire him?

I'm not sure where I'm "talking out of my ass", but I'll take your insults..no big deal.

Hud will probably be here by then. But please- keep talking out of your ass. I'm waiting on your next thread about how we shouldn't build like Missouri.

cheewgumm
10-25-2013, 03:07 PM
I reall fail to see why you are even upset about any games. We won. We have beaten the teams we're supposed to. It's following your plan to a T. One exception...we dared to play a decent team in thne opener and lost. So, yeah, you have a point to complain about that from your point of view. Beyond that, you should have no complaint.

RougeDawg
10-25-2013, 03:15 PM
And I want to add:

LT scheduled GT. I remember them announcing the dates that we were playing West Virginia and GT on the same day. The reason Byrne didn't buy out of those games was because it would have been more costly than just playing them- and we probably would have ended up going to La Tech or somewhere like that.

Ole Miss doesn't want to play the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving. There's a reason it's a one year deal. In the future it's going to be LSU and Texas A&M on Thanksgiving. Jackie has said as much himself- and I'm pretty sure he is still connected to A&M goings on. It does seem like our fans are more open to playing the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving- which I never really have understood outside the superstition of "we won a couple of Thanksgiving Egg Bowls in the late 90's."

I believe we are going to alternate Thursday thanksgiving games. Ever game in Starkville is on Thursday and every game in Fayetteville is Thursday. That's the last I've heard on it.

War Machine Dawg
10-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Excellent points and post, Hack. My dad and I were discussing this in the context of Bracky prior to the game yesterday. We essentially agreed that our administration has become way too inbred. We should've gone outside the MSU family to find an AD. Bailey Howell may be a legend at MSU, but being Bailey's son-in-law doesn't qualify one to be an SEC AD. Time to fix the mistake we made of promoting Strick. I've been saying for awhile now that I think Strick is LT 2.0. Sadly, it's looking more and more like I'm right in that assessment.

preachermatt83
10-25-2013, 05:15 PM
No it isn't.

We have a spineless A.D who when I emailed him about the crappy game day atmosphere responded by telling me that we have one of, if not the best atmosphere in all of college football. He sighted the streak of sell outs and verbal confirmation from other administrations as his proof. He won't even listen to his own schools fans when they tell him things need adjusting.

We have undoubtedly the worst compliance department in the conference. I don't need to explain multiple examples have been given over just the last few years in both BB and football.

We have a Football coaching staff that has reached their peak and in my view are actually getting worse, it's obvious to the vast majority of people who watch our games that our coaches just are not getting it done.

So no our Athletics department is not " just fine " on the contrary they suck.
For a reference, the bears bought in a new A.D and new head football coach and in two years they have not only passed us but lapped us and will continue to pull away from us unless we get our house in order and start playing the game!

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! +10000