PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee has a huge week

msstate7
08-29-2019, 10:04 PM
Solomon cleared by ncaa on dline.
Trey smith cleared to play football on oline.

ScottH
08-29-2019, 10:13 PM
They have excellent folks handling such matters.

TrapGame
08-29-2019, 10:15 PM
Fat Phil knows how to grease wheels.

msstate7
08-29-2019, 10:16 PM
Solomon, maybe so. I'm hoping trey smith was really cleared by an impartial doctor

Coach34
08-29-2019, 10:25 PM
Doesnt matter. Elitedawgs say just as long as the bus shows up- we gonna win this one

Homedawg
08-29-2019, 10:32 PM
Doesnt matter. Elitedawgs say just as long as the bus shows up- we gonna win this one

Yep.

Todd4State
08-30-2019, 01:12 AM
They have excellent folks handling such matters.

I believe the word is "exemplary".

dantheman4248
08-30-2019, 04:21 AM

What a sad existence it must be to want to be right rather than root and believe in a school you claim to support. Hell, not even necessarily be right. Just have others be wrong so you can tell them.

Go to therapy, MSU football and Online boards aren't for you. This isn't healthy.

MarketingBully
08-30-2019, 07:21 AM
What a sad existence it must be to want to be right rather than root and believe in a school you claim to support. Hell, not even necessarily be right. Just have others be wrong so you can tell them.

Go to therapy, MSU football and Online boards aren't for you. This isn't healthy.

He hates Joe Moorhead so he will act like this. It’s been proven in the past that if he doesn’t like one of our coaches he tends to root against them. See Stans.

Maroonthirteen
08-30-2019, 09:40 AM
I hope we win big. I hope Moorehead is successful and our all time winningest coach.

But i don?t care what UT has going on..... it will be a tough game for us.

Our biggest advantage in this game...... Is UTs schedule. They play UF, off, UGA, State and Alabama in that order. We will be the let down/relax game from their perspective. We are idle the week before. We will be ready. Hopefully it is a 11am game to kill any potential home stadium atmosphere

BB30
08-30-2019, 03:39 PM
He hates Joe Moorhead so he will act like this. It’s been proven in the past that if he doesn’t like one of our coaches he tends to root against them. See Stans.

Well he called for Dan Mullen to be replaced as well. It seems like he doesn't really like any of our coaches all that much.

I have no issue with someone being realistic and I do believe the TN game will be a hard one to win but we certainly shouldn't be expecting to lose against a program that has been in a dumpster for the better part of a decade.

KOdawg1
08-30-2019, 03:47 PM
I dont think anyone has said all we have to do to win is show up. If they did, I missed it.

Tennessee just doesnt scare me, even at their place.

MarketingBully
08-30-2019, 03:59 PM
Well he called for Dan Mullen to be replaced as well. It seems like he doesn't really like any of our coaches all that much.

I have no issue with someone being realistic and I do believe the TN game will be a hard one to win but we certainly shouldn't be expecting to lose against a program that has been in a dumpster for the better part of a decade.

Well, Pruitt is a great defensive guy when he has superior talent. The Saban scheme works really well when you pull in top to top 2 recruiting classes every year. Even when Pruitt was at FSU, Jimbo pulled in top 5 classes every year. It’s easy to be a great OC when you pull in top 3 classes every year like Chaney had the luxury of doing at UGA. I just don’t think UT is there quite yet and we are close enough to them in recruiting profile that both our offensive and defensive schemes should win out. I don’t think we blow them out but I could definitely see a 7-10 point win for the good guys.

DancingRabbit
08-30-2019, 04:46 PM
One of the main UT beat writers was on Memphis radio yesterday, or day before. He talked about everything UT for 10 minutes, generally being positive but measured.

In the wrap-up he was asked for a season record prediction. He said he was feeling more positive lately so he was going with 6-6.

We should win. But winning on the road in the SEC ... blah blah blah.

basedog
08-30-2019, 05:23 PM
One of the main UT beat writers was on Memphis radio yesterday, or day before. He talked about everything UT for 10 minutes, generally being positive but measured.

In the wrap-up he was asked for a season record prediction. He said he was feeling more positive lately so he was going with 6-6.

We should win. But winning on the road in the SEC ... blah blah blah.

Only time I recall winning at Tn was Don Smith long run in Felker's first year!

Man I would love to have another Don Smith, may be the most under rated QB at Msu in my lifetime. He would be awesome in the offenses run today. Lastly, IF he wouldn't have broke his collarbone his jr year we beat Bama in Jackson that day.

Bothrops
08-30-2019, 08:49 PM
Our biggest problem playing at Tennessee, is they expect to beat us.

Lord McBuckethead
08-30-2019, 10:24 PM

Exactly. We have every opportunity to win this game. I see no reason not to. UT may be improved, but I believe we will be too.

Dawg61
08-30-2019, 11:48 PM
Our biggest problem playing at Tennessee, is they expect to beat us.

No it'd be a problem if they showed up as hungry as Kentucky was to beat us last year but their false sense of over-confidence is actually going to hinder them not help them. Tennessee doesn't scare me at all. It'll be a tough game but we have a much better offense (or we should) and Pruitt's vanilla shouldn't be enough to keep pace with us. Last time I checked an offensive lineman and defensive lineman don't usually score points for teams. That's Tennessee's biggest problem. They don't score enough points.