PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant Wife Help.

BigEasyDawg
08-29-2019, 03:21 PM
Hey guys,

My wife and I are coming up for the Kansas State Game. Didnt realize it would be such an early kickoff. My wife will be 28 weeks pregnant with our first child and I didn't know it would be such an early kickoff in September when I bought the ticket and the best priced seats were up high on the eastern side.

My question is do any of you fellow dawgs have any thoughts if they would let us come down in the shade sometime after kickoff if there are any open seats anywhere in the lower sections? Just worried about her getting too hot up there baking in the sun.

hail state.

TrapGame
08-29-2019, 03:31 PM
No offense BED but the thread title has me cracking up.

I'm sure you can check with security and they'll have some exception b/c she's pregnant. Either way she ain't lasting all day in the heat.

Lord McBuckethead
08-29-2019, 03:33 PM
I have done this a few times for out of conference games in the past. It is going to be a scorcher. One benefit to being up on the east side is that the concession areas are air conditioned. It may not be an issue, but pregnant ladies are in a special situation and they get hot in a freezer in the middle of Feb.

If I have a connection for some seats lower bowl on the west side for the game, I will come back here and let you know first thing.

Being in Starkville, you wouldn't believe how many tickets you have to turn down for non-conference games.

monroedawg5646
08-29-2019, 03:35 PM
Been a long while since I?ve been on that side, but I was thinking that upper concourse/concession area is all air conditioned.

MaroonBelle
08-29-2019, 03:39 PM
I have done this a few times for out of conference games in the past. It is going to be a scorcher. One benefit to being up on the east side is that the concession areas are air conditioned. It may not be an issue, but pregnant ladies are in a special situation and they get hot in a freezer in the middle of Feb.

If I have a connection for some seats lower bowl on the west side for the game, I will come back here and let you know first thing.

Being in Starkville, you wouldn't believe how many tickets you have to turn down for non-conference games.

Another good thing, it is not just enclosed and air conditioned but they have tables, chairs and tvs.

starkvegasdawg
08-29-2019, 03:46 PM
Another good thing, it is not just enclosed and air conditioned but they have tables, chairs and tvs.

And they're adding more tables and chairs. The AC has saved my wife and kids several games when they're playing when it's 120 degrees. Should really be a rule no games played in the south before 5:00pm in September. Not safe for the players or fans. Especially those that bring infants to games hot enough to make the devil drop the f bomb.

BrunswickDawg
08-29-2019, 04:01 PM
I don't have any advice - but I feel your pain man. Memphis game in 2000 with a 16 month old kid and a pregnant wife. That was not a fun game.

QuadrupleOption
08-29-2019, 05:11 PM
To echo the others here, make sure she travels to the concourse every hour or so. Being 7 months pregnant she probably will anyway as she'll have to use the restroom every half hour.

I'd also recommend she buy and bring a large sun hat to keep her head shaded. It'll help.

RocketDawg
08-29-2019, 08:25 PM
And they're adding more tables and chairs. The AC has saved my wife and kids several games when they're playing when it's 120 degrees. Should really be a rule no games played in the south before 5:00pm in September. Not safe for the players or fans. Especially those that bring infants to games hot enough to make the devil drop the f bomb.

It's hard to imagine being in the east upper deck in the boiling sun. Even the lower levels are baking. It'll be a while before anything is in the shade if at all.

I didn't renew tickets this year, but if I had I would have just given them to EasyDawg (club level) since I doubt we'd go to that game anyway.

RocketDawg
08-29-2019, 08:28 PM
I don't have any advice - but I feel your pain man. Memphis game in 2000 with a 16 month old kid and a pregnant wife. That was not a fun game.

That game was brutal ... I can't imagine how it was for your wife and kid. The Liberty Bowl didn't really do us any favors either (as I recall, they sold water that was frozen like a brick).

Natedogg33
08-29-2019, 08:48 PM
My suggestion is, any way possible, don’t make her walk. My wife was in that 28-31 week period and we went on a trip. We walked around San Antonio for a half a day. That was twelve years ago. She still hates me.

Coach007
08-29-2019, 10:25 PM
Hey guys,

My wife and I are coming up for the Kansas State Game. Didnt realize it would be such an early kickoff. My wife will be 28 weeks pregnant with our first child and I didn't know it would be such an early kickoff in September when I bought the ticket and the best priced seats were up high on the eastern side.

My question is do any of you fellow dawgs have any thoughts if they would let us come down in the shade sometime after kickoff if there are any open seats anywhere in the lower sections? Just worried about her getting too hot up there baking in the sun.

hail state.

Not on your topic, but ISN'T EXPECTING a great Feeling!!!!?????? I mean, I loved it!!! Just wait until you are taking that baby games!

Here are some things for you to consider that has NOTHING to do with your topic but will be awesome for you and your wife and your baby and his/her future kids. On any of these... shot me a PM and I will gladly explain or help out.

- Record the heart beat with video and audio. This isn't hard to do, but trust me.... it's an awesome experience for you and your wife now... and later when your wife is expecting again (if you decide) and later when your child is grown and having one of their own. I'm not talking about what they do at the DR Office.

- Record your wife's heart beat while sleeping. You can use that when the baby is born at night while baby is sleeping.

- video, video video. Then transfer to multiple media (as it can become corrupt and time proves that media changes). Man this builds you and your wife. It's a great experience to show this to your kid through the years!

- Go out and purchase practical things that saves the memories. Your wife will love you more and you will remember it when you look back. And example here is a simple laminate machine. We are talking 20 bucks and it will preserve things that WILL fade over time. First feet print. cards..... etc.... *WARNING* DO NOT TRY TO DO THIS WITH SONOGRAMS..... it will destroy them.

- Go out WITH HER and make the day about the baby's first year and how to keep the important things to pass on. "How can we save the baby's blanket from the hospital....etc.

- SONOGRAMS.... Take photos of them for keep sake. Put them on digital. Find a 3d and a normal sonogram. Both are just cool to remember.

Listen.... time is a .... well.. a bastard. You will remember a lot.. but sometimes it takes a photo... a smell... a surrounding... Something that causes our minds to access that memory. Man, that is what you are trying to create. Something for everybody. Including you!

Game time is great and those memories are going to be awesome!!! Film it. I am excited for you and congratulations!!!!

BigEasyDawg
08-30-2019, 08:27 AM
Not on your topic, but ISN'T EXPECTING a great Feeling!!!!?????? I mean, I loved it!!! Just wait until you are taking that baby games!

Here are some things for you to consider that has NOTHING to do with your topic but will be awesome for you and your wife and your baby and his/her future kids. On any of these... shot me a PM and I will gladly explain or help out.

- Record the heart beat with video and audio. This isn't hard to do, but trust me.... it's an awesome experience for you and your wife now... and later when your wife is expecting again (if you decide) and later when your child is grown and having one of their own. I'm not talking about what they do at the DR Office.

- Record your wife's heart beat while sleeping. You can use that when the baby is born at night while baby is sleeping.

- video, video video. Then transfer to multiple media (as it can become corrupt and time proves that media changes). Man this builds you and your wife. It's a great experience to show this to your kid through the years!

- Go out and purchase practical things that saves the memories. Your wife will love you more and you will remember it when you look back. And example here is a simple laminate machine. We are talking 20 bucks and it will preserve things that WILL fade over time. First feet print. cards..... etc.... *WARNING* DO NOT TRY TO DO THIS WITH SONOGRAMS..... it will destroy them.

- Go out WITH HER and make the day about the baby's first year and how to keep the important things to pass on. "How can we save the baby's blanket from the hospital....etc.

- SONOGRAMS.... Take photos of them for keep sake. Put them on digital. Find a 3d and a normal sonogram. Both are just cool to remember.

Listen.... time is a .... well.. a bastard. You will remember a lot.. but sometimes it takes a photo... a smell... a surrounding... Something that causes our minds to access that memory. Man, that is what you are trying to create. Something for everybody. Including you!

Game time is great and those memories are going to be awesome!!! Film it. I am excited for you and congratulations!!!!

Man, I am so dang pumped! I am so freaking ready.

I grew up with a single drug addict/truck driving/night club bouncer dad so we never had much money but would have killed to be able to go to the games as all my friends did. My first game was a homecoming game against Middle Tennesse St. and got to come with the FCA for $10 and I fell in love with the atmosphere. I can't wait to be able to take my son to the games and get to share those experiences with him.

And thanks for all the info guys! Got tickets to the egg bowl in the same seats as well and she will be about 36 weeks then. She wants to go because she is a bulldog! haha

Commercecomet24
08-30-2019, 08:54 AM
Man, I am so dang pumped! I am so freaking ready.

I grew up with a single drug addict/truck driving/night club bouncer dad so we never had much money but would have killed to be able to go to the games as all my friends did. My first game was a homecoming game against Middle Tennesse St. and got to come with the FCA for $10 and I fell in love with the atmosphere. I can't wait to be able to take my son to the games and get to share those experiences with him.

And thanks for all the info guys! Got tickets to the egg bowl in the same seats as well and she will be about 36 weeks then. She wants to go because she is a bulldog! haha

Congrats and welcome to fatherhood! I have so many fond memories of taking my kids to the games, it's something all of you will remember forever! One of the funniest memories I have is the '98 Arkansas game. We were sitting at the 20 yard line on the west side and my oldest son was 4. Hazlewood was lining up to kick the go ahead FG that would pretty much wrap up the west for us, and my son says "Daddy I have to pee." I told him you gonna have to hold it a little longer lol! After the game we went down into the south end zone and dug up a little maroon and white dirt. I still have that grass and dirt in zip lock bags! Just one of the many fond memories of State, I've made with my family and I hope you have as many as I've been blessed to have!

ETA: My oldest daughter was about 3 months old at the time so she started young! Just so many memories and stories with my family and State, as I'm sure everyone on here has!

KentuckyDawg13
08-30-2019, 09:29 AM
Either way she ain't lasting all day in the heat.

Which means you won't at the full game. Be flexible and cognizant of your wife's comfort level, which sounds like you are already there.

Congrats on the new baby to be, btw. My kids are 19 and 17, time flies man...

Jack Lambert
08-30-2019, 09:34 AM
The upper deck of East side concessions is air conditioned with tables and tv's.

99jc
08-30-2019, 10:36 AM
My advice is leave her at home and bring your girlfriend.