PDA

View Full Version : 55102

biscuit
10-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Really? There were a lot of empty seats last night. How can we say we had that many with a straight face? Or am I missing something?

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Its tickets sold bud. Thats all anyone counts. Why should we be honest when OM lies about this as well?

J-Dawg
10-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Why is it so hard for people to realize that sellout =/= capacity crowd?

dickiedawg
10-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Most of the empty seats were in the student section. Those tickets are "sold" anyway. The rest of the crowd actually looked good, all things considered, but I admittedly couldn't see the West Side upper deck.

MainEventDawg
10-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Just my opinion, but the crowd sure as hell didn't look "good". Super weak for an SEC night game regardless of who we are playing. It's a joke to call the game a sellout. A guy at the game told me he saw tickets on StubHub for .50 cents.

DownwardDawg
10-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Most of the empty seats were in the student section. Those tickets are "sold" anyway. The rest of the crowd actually looked good, all things considered, but I admittedly couldn't see the West Side upper deck.

The crowd certainly did not look good. The announcers even commented on it not being a full stadium. It's happening. The one thing that makes a statement has started.

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Last night's crowd had nothing to do with the team's performance. Worst SEC home game, Thursday night, and fall break. It was the triple whammy. Has nothing to do with how good we are. Stop trying to find ways to prove a point when they don't exist.

TheRef
10-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Look...I was surprised about the student section staying at where it was throughout the game. Comment all you want about how most of the empty seats were in the student section, but I could say the same about the West side of the stadium also. (Sorry for not referring to the East side since I couldn't get a good vantage point). Moving on, many students who live too far to make it home reasonably in a 2-day weekend went home this weekend since it was a 4-day weekend. That's where most of the student losses come from. So before you start blasting the student section for not showing up, be reminded that this is the only opportunity for some students to go home and actually relax with their family for an extended period of time this semester. I admittedly did not stay for the whole game because the rest of my party was freezing and I wasn't paying $4 for a 8 oz. Hot chocolate which I won't even start complaining about. We left about halfway through the 4th quarter because some of them were starting to show signs of minor hypothermia and the hot chocolate wasn't making much of a dent.

DownwardDawg
10-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Last night's crowd had nothing to do with the team's performance. Worst SEC home game, Thursday night, and fall break. It was the triple whammy. Has nothing to do with how good we are. Stop trying to find ways to prove a point when they don't exist.

I'm not trying to find ways to prove a point. Mullen is doing that on his own. I understand fall break, but you are fooling yourself if you think that some of those empty seats weren't due to apathy. Kentucky is a much bigger game than Bowling Green, Alcorn, and Troy. Those games packed the stadium. Why??? The fans still "believed". Now??? Not so much.

TopDog58
10-25-2013, 03:22 PM
I moved from the West side upper deck to below at the half. As I made my way down the ramp checking out the expansion progress along the way, I couldn't help but notice the steady stream of people below LEAVING and making their way toward the direction of the Hump. I mean I guess you have to appreciate the fact that they attended the game, but hell, what is the point of leaving at halftime?

godlluB
10-25-2013, 03:57 PM
We left about halfway through the 4th quarter because some of them were starting to show signs of minor hypothermia and the hot chocolate wasn't making much of a dent.

A bunch of meteorology geeks who didn't read the weather report?

TheRef
10-25-2013, 03:59 PM
A bunch of meteorology geeks who didn't read the weather report?

I was the only Meteorology major there. I was fine. My friends, however, were not.