PDA

View Full Version : Auburn Depth Chart

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 02:49 PM
Since we've kept such a close eye on Lashley & Knott at Bama, we may as well keep an eye on the Mississippi kids that signed with Auburn. Hall, Handy, Moore

Thus far, only Hall made the depth chart as a 3rd string DE.

It'll be interesting to see if any of these guys pan out.

Homedawg
08-28-2019, 03:12 PM
Moore will either be boom or bust.

Homedawg
08-28-2019, 03:13 PM
That's a veteran O and DL

Jack Lambert
08-28-2019, 03:17 PM
That's a veteran O and DL

That o line sucked last year.

HancockCountyDog
08-28-2019, 03:18 PM
Handy is going to be good. Just has to keep his head on straight.

The most impressive Two deep I've seen this year's is LSU. They really have a good looking team on paper.

msstate7
08-28-2019, 03:18 PM
So coe isn't even a starter. He'd be our best DT by far

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 03:19 PM

The most impressive Two deep I've seen this year's is LSU. They really have a good looking team on paper.

I didn't realize Handy was going to qualify. Wasn't that in question?

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 03:20 PM
I can't believe they got Marlon Davidson and Brown both back. The Alabama schools have more success getting JRs back than anyone else.

Tripp McNeely
08-28-2019, 03:31 PM
That’s a roster that’s gonna get its ass handed to it by Oregon!

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2019, 03:47 PM
I can't believe they got Marlon Davidson and Brown both back. The Alabama schools have more success getting JRs back than anyone else.

I think Brown realized that he could be one of the first DL taken this year or 2nd - 3rd round last year. He made a smart move coming back. He will have to play his way out of the first round this year.

TrapGame
08-28-2019, 03:51 PM

If that happens Gus's seat is gonna get muy calor.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2019, 03:52 PM
If that happens Gus's seat is gonna get muy calor.

Gus would definitely need to wear the brown pants.

Bothrops
08-28-2019, 04:29 PM
I think Auburn prevails, Oregon has a bunch of players on offense out with injury.

NCDawg
08-28-2019, 05:06 PM
I didn't realize Handy was going to qualify. Wasn't that in question?

It seems most schools, other than MS State, gets their signees qualified.

Cooterpoot
08-28-2019, 06:26 PM

Handy wasn’t even good in HS. He’ll never be what he should.

Cooterpoot
08-28-2019, 06:28 PM

Oregon is one of the most overrated teams in America. They struggled vs decent defense last year. West coast soft.

Coach34
08-28-2019, 07:33 PM
That o line sucked last year.

So did ours in 2013.

Auburn gave up only 6 more TFL's than us
They gave up fewer sacks than us yet threw it 60 more times

They return 5 starters- we return 3.

Auburn's OL will be very good and likely better than ours

Coach34
08-28-2019, 07:34 PM
Auburn is easy money Saturday

BuckyIsAB****
08-28-2019, 07:34 PM
Oregon is one of the most overrated teams in America. They struggled vs decent defense last year. West coast soft.

Yep. I think the media wants them to be good more than they are. Auburn wins and they will get the media love but they wont be as good as the hype either.

I would be shocked if Hall is a good player for them, I would be shocked if Handy is good. Moore could be a stud but apparently he has issues

Cooterpoot
08-28-2019, 07:46 PM
Our football program is as good as Oregon’s now. They just have an easy schedule and Nike hype.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 08:17 PM
So did ours in 2013.

Auburn gave up only 6 more TFL's than us
They gave up fewer sacks than us yet threw it 60 more times

They return 5 starters- we return 3.

Auburn's OL will be very good and likely better than ours

Our other two OL have a good bit of experience though & Williams is likely the best player out of both OLs

I like us at RB & QB more than Auburn. Nix will be good in time, but surely Tommy Gunn will be better this season.

Auburn has an edge at WR, but I think we'll be much better than a year ago.

If Nix is good THIS YEAR, then Auburn should be better than us. That's a really big IF though

If they become one dimensional, then I think we beat them in a similar game as last year

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 08:18 PM
Our football program is as good as Oregon’s now. They just have an easy schedule and Nike hype.

Agree.

They've also been recruiting well & I think that's fed some of their hype, but the good recruits are only FR

Covercorner2
08-28-2019, 08:20 PM
Auburn has about 4-5 really good DL/OLB types and the rest of their team is average in the SEC. Facts.

Homedawg
08-28-2019, 08:25 PM
Our other two OL have a good bit of experience though & Williams is likely the best player out of both OLs

I like us at RB & QB more than Auburn. Nix will be good in time, but surely Tommy Gunn will be better this season.

Auburn has an edge at WR, but I think we'll be much better than a year ago.

If Nix is good THIS YEAR, then Auburn should be better than us. That's a really big IF though

If they become one dimensional, then I think we beat them in a similar game as last year

THey know just as much about nix as we know about Stevens.....

Covercorner2
08-28-2019, 08:29 PM
THey know just as much about nix as we know about Stevens.....

Right. And most have us around an 8 win team, not a contender in the West...

msstate7
08-28-2019, 08:35 PM
Auburn has about 4-5 really good DL/OLB types and the rest of their team is average in the SEC. Facts.

3 of Auburn's 5 olinemen are preseason all sec (1 1st team, 2 3rd team) according to coaches. They have 3 dlinemen on the coach's team (1 1st team, 2 2nd team). They have arguably the best combo of offensive/defensive lines in the league

Covercorner2
08-28-2019, 08:40 PM
3 of Auburn's 5 olinemen are preseason all sec (1 1st team, 2 3rd team) according to coaches. They have 3 dlinemen on the coach's team (1 1st team, 2 2nd team). They have arguably the best combo of offensive/defensive lines in the league

They have an average OL in the SEC. Off the top of my head, Bama, UGA, State, LSU have a better OL.

If you think AU has a better OL than State you just aren?t paying attention.

defiantdog
08-28-2019, 08:42 PM
Auburn is stacked on the OL and DL. Also, Nix is a dynamic dual threat QB. I think he's going to surprise a lot of you. Auburn's playbook is the size of a two year old's coloring book. The learning curve is simple, and I don't think he'll have an issue with the speed of the game. He'll thrive in Gus's system especially with an OL full of seniors.

Covercorner2
08-28-2019, 08:46 PM
Y?all are giving their OL too much credit. Hell all of our top 7-8 guys are upperclassmen. And they didn?t suck last year.

Homedawg
08-28-2019, 08:48 PM
Right. And most have us around an 8 win team, not a contender in the West...

Well first I don't think they will be a contender. Bama wins the west. But the dt's they have coming back make them better on d.

TUSK
08-28-2019, 08:49 PM
Man, this thread is like an EKG of a crack addicted squirrel admitted to the ER from choking on a hummingbird on quaaludes...

One fact I did notice... Nick Coe is legit.

Coach34
08-28-2019, 08:54 PM
They have an average OL in the SEC. Off the top of my head, Bama, UGA, State, LSU have a better OL.

If you think AU has a better OL than State you just aren?t paying attention.

Auburn is going to be the best team in the country in the trenches. Their OL and DL is better than ours. And it's not really close. They have 4-5 draft picks starting- we have 2

Covercorner2
08-28-2019, 08:59 PM
Auburn is going to be the best team in the country in the trenches. Their OL and DL is better than ours. And it's not really close. They have 4-5 draft picks starting- we have 2

Their DL is elite. No one will argue against that.

But, their OL is not elite, and to say it?s better than ours is definitely debatable. And again, they are average everywhere else, too.

The way you describe their team is pretty much 2018 State without the LBs and CBs.

TUSK
08-28-2019, 09:00 PM
That?s a roster that?s gonna get its ass handed to it by Oregon!

https://media.makeameme.org/created/son-im-only.jpg

Coach34
08-28-2019, 09:05 PM
Their DL is elite. No one will argue against that.

But, their OL is not elite, and to say it?s better than ours is definitely debatable. And again, they are average everywhere else, too.

The way you describe their team is pretty much 2018 State without the LBs and CBs.

Their OL wasnt much worse than ours last year- and they return all 5 guys. We lost 2 of our best 3. They gave up fewer sacks than us with 60 more passes. Their OL will be top 10 in the country.

They are a top 10 team. That's the bottom line

Schultzy
08-28-2019, 09:05 PM
34 loves him some returning starters, even if they sucked last season.

Not sure what Oregon has but I’d take their Sr qb over Auburn’s true freshman.

Covercorner2
08-28-2019, 09:10 PM
Their OL wasnt much worse than ours last year- and they return all 5 guys. We lost 2 of our best 3. They gave up fewer sacks than us with 60 more passes. Their OL will be top 10 in the country.

QB- let?s just call it a push
RB- I would take Kylin, but again let?s just call it a push
WR- AU (although they aren?t great by any stretch)
TE- State
OL- push

DL- AU
LB- State
CB- State
S- push? Although I would take our guys

Again, how is AU a 10 win team and State is a 7 win team given the above and AU?s schedule? They are only much better at DL than State, whereas our back 7 is better and the rest is pretty even. That?s the bottom line.

Tripp McNeely
08-28-2019, 09:10 PM
https://media.makeameme.org/created/son-im-only.jpg

To quote the late, great Ferris Bueller...”Finske”? Name your stakes Bammer! Y’all realize that Vegas thinks the Barn is only a FG favorite. I’ll take the Ducks straight up...make it interesting ladies, I have a PM

Coach34
08-28-2019, 09:12 PM

We gave up more sacks on 60 less passes than Auburn's OL- what does that say about us?

TUSK
08-28-2019, 09:12 PM

I don't believe (that you believe) Oregon is gonna win at Auburn...

I will agree with ya though that sometimes ya don't want some players coming back... sometimes it's best to send em to the NFL and move on...

Covercorner2
08-28-2019, 09:20 PM
We gave up more sacks on 60 less passes than Auburn's OL- what does that say about us?

Yea... and they also couldn?t run the ball worth a shit with virtually the same personnel.

Tripp McNeely
08-28-2019, 09:28 PM
I don't believe (that you believe) Oregon is gonna win at Auburn...

I will agree with ya though that sometimes ya don't want some players coming back... sometimes it's best to send em to the NFL and move on...

Bobby Herbert?s kid*** is gonna light up that weak-ass Aubie secondary up! You are Coach need to put your money where your mouth (or typing skills) are!

TUSK
08-28-2019, 09:31 PM
Bobby Herbert?s kid*** is gonna light up that weak-ass Aubie secondary up! You are Coach need to put your money where your mouth (or typing skills) are!

Aight... I'll bite.

How bad is OR gonna smoke AU and how much ya wanna bet?

Coach34
08-28-2019, 09:31 PM

I have. Already bet on Aub -3.

TUSK
08-28-2019, 09:33 PM
I have. Already bet on Aub -3.

Dude, you're scarin' the fish away... stop it.

BuckyIsAB****
08-28-2019, 09:37 PM

Not sure what Oregon has but I?d take their Sr qb over Auburn?s true freshman.

Unless its our returning starters or players with experience. He loves Auburn too always has

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 09:58 PM

They had an NFL QB and we had a dude that couldn't process a defense. No kidding the sacks were close

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 09:59 PM

Those sacks weren't because of our OL. Give us Stidham and I guaran-damn-tee you we give up far less sacks.

Tripp McNeely
08-28-2019, 10:02 PM
Aight... I'll bite.

How bad is OR gonna smoke AU and how much ya wanna bet?

Straight up and a hundo...I’m on the Venmo! You went all “Coming to America’s”-meme on me...you must be confident in the Barn???

TUSK
08-28-2019, 10:09 PM
Straight up and a hundo...I’m on the Venmo!

Dang, so now "lighting up the other team" is an even money bet? Interesting...

Aight, I'll take AU vs OR straight up...

OR wins, ya get a $100 from me...

If AU wins, you donate $50 to ED Board (in my name) & start 5 TUSK Pre-Approved Posts the week of the MSU/Bammer Game (1 per day)....

msstate7
08-28-2019, 10:14 PM
They had an NFL QB and we had a dude that couldn't process a defense. No kidding the sacks were close

State passes/sacks allowed...
2017: 353/13 (1 in every 27.2 passes)
2018: 323/25 (1 in every 12.9 passes)

Homedawg
08-28-2019, 11:10 PM

Ruh roh shaggy....
That'll move the goal posts..... wait for it. But that was dan's offense which is way easier. Nevermind the fact what our current nfl we has said.

Lance Harbor
08-28-2019, 11:15 PM
https://youtu.be/Ub3XYDcMdhY

Cowbell
08-28-2019, 11:28 PM

It says what we have talked about all offseason. WRs couldn?t get open combined with a QB that couldnt make quick decisions. Sprinkled with a coach that didnt make adjustments to block great edge rushers.

Covercorner2
08-29-2019, 08:52 AM
It says what we have talked about all offseason. WRs couldn?t get open combined with a QB that couldnt make quick decisions. Sprinkled with a coach that didnt make adjustments to block great edge rushers.

And, again, just completely ignoring the fact that Auburn could not run the ball and had less yards than State last year with that awesome OL they had...

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2019, 09:00 AM

You mean he processed the defense quicker in an offense he was in for 4 years vs the one he was in for 6 months? Tell me more, tell me more

msstate7
08-29-2019, 09:05 AM
You mean he processed the defense quicker in an offense he was in for 4 years vs the one he was in for 6 months? Tell me more, tell me more

I'm really interested in who you guys blame this year if things go bad again... maybe it can still be fitz and Mullen

ETA... for reference, I looked up penn state's sack per pass the last 3 years...

2018: 1 sack per 12.2 passes
2017: 1 sack per 15.8 passes
2016: 1 sack per 13.5 passes

This offense seems to give up a lot of sacks, and the sec has the premier dlines in the country. If fitz's ratio is bad, it seems mcsorley had a processing problem too... against big10 defenses

Penn state last 3 years was sacked 1 time every 13.8 passes.

TrapGame
08-29-2019, 09:12 AM
I'm really interested in who you guys blame this year if things go bad again... maybe it can still be fitz and Mullen

You can wait can you? You want us to suck so bad you can ****ing taste it!

Is your entire life built around "I told you so."?

msstate7
08-29-2019, 09:16 AM
You can wait can you? You want us to suck so bad you can ****ing taste it!

Is your entire life built around "I told you so."?

I want 2 things:

1. Be wrong on Moorhead.
2. Our fanbase to quit blaming every damn thing on fitz. Fitz was sacked almost exactly the same amount of times per pass as mcsorley, but it's fitz's slow processing to blame. Fitz faced much better defenses and had many less weapons too.

msstate7
08-29-2019, 09:42 AM
Delete

Cowbell
08-29-2019, 09:55 AM
And, again, just completely ignoring the fact that Auburn could not run the ball and had less yards than State last year with that awesome OL they had...

Agreed.

Cowbell
08-29-2019, 09:58 AM
I want 2 things:

1. Be wrong on Moorhead.
2. Our fanbase to quit blaming every damn thing on fitz. Fitz was sacked almost exactly the same amount of times per pass as mcsorley, but it's fitz's slow processing to blame. Fitz faced much better defenses and had many less weapons too.

I agree that fitz is taking a lot of blame but for things that weren’t necessarily his fault. You have to admit, though, that he was not mentally readily to run this offense. Not his fault. But there were so many mistakes and breakdowns that wouldn’t happen with someone ready to run the offense.

TrapGame
08-29-2019, 10:01 AM
I want 2 things:

1. Be wrong on Moorhead.

1. I don't believe that for a second.
2. You're seriously gonna compare Fitz to McSorely? C'mon mane!

msstate7
08-29-2019, 10:24 AM
1. I don't believe that for a second.
2. You're seriously gonna compare Fitz to McSorely? C'mon mane!

1. I don't care what you believe
2. I compared sacks per pass, which showed they took a similar ratio. Shotgun said the reason fitz took so many sacks is bc it was his first year in system. Doesn't compute when comparing it to sacks taken by mcsorley.

Tbonewannabe
08-29-2019, 10:26 AM
I agree that fitz is taking a lot of blame but for things that weren’t necessarily his fault. You have to admit, though, that he was not mentally readily to run this offense. Not his fault. But there were so many mistakes and breakdowns that wouldn’t happen with someone ready to run the offense.

We had open guys that Fitz never even looked to. I don't think it is too much of a knock against Fitz that because of the injury he didn't get live game reps until week 2. It was a tall task to ask of someone that has never been in a pass first offense in his playing career, he was a triple option QB for 1 year in high school.

Nothing highlights that more than the flea flicker against Bama. Wide open man streaking down the field and Fitz never even threw the ball and it would have been his first option on his progressions.

Tbonewannabe
08-29-2019, 10:32 AM
2. I compared sacks per pass, which showed they took a similar ratio. Shotgun said the reason fitz took so many sacks is bc it was his first year in system. Doesn't compute when comparing it to sacks taken by mcsorley.

It could be just the offense. Moorhead's offense is more inclined to bigger plays so it makes sense that there is more risk. Even with the increase in sacks, we still had the 3rd highest yards per play average behind only Dak's junior and senior year.

Jarius
08-29-2019, 10:34 AM
Auburn’s offensive line was absolute trash against anyone with a pulse last year. They did play well later in the year against shittier competition, minus Alabama. They did light up an atrocious Purdue defense in their bowl game so there is that.

msstate7
08-29-2019, 10:34 AM
It could be just the offense. Moorhead's offense is more inclined to bigger plays so it makes sense that there is more risk. Even with the increase in sacks, we still had the 3rd highest yards per play average behind only Dak's junior and senior year.

Moorhead's offense absolutely hums when we have a decided talent advantage. Vs equal or at a talent deficit, it remains to be seen. Hopefully guys settling into it will make a difference this season

TrapGame
08-29-2019, 10:36 AM

Whatever dude. You thrive off finding everything little thing you can wrong with Joe. Last year was the first year his offense didn't click like it has EVERYWHERE ELSE he's been THUS FAR. But, yeah, it's all Joe. Terrible hire. JoVester all the way man.

msstate7
08-29-2019, 10:39 AM
Whatever dude. You thrive off finding everything little thing you can wrong with Joe. Last year was the first year his offense didn't click like it has EVERYWHERE ELSE he's been THUS FAR. But, yeah, it's all Joe. Terrible hire. JoVester all the way man.

ED fail safe tactic... when evidence is presented, completely overlook that and go after the poster. I don't resort to playground tactics. If I disagree, I do my best to present an argument.

HancockCountyDog
08-29-2019, 10:42 AM

ETA... for reference, I looked up penn state's sack per pass the last 3 years...

2018: 1 sack per 12.2 passes
2017: 1 sack per 15.8 passes
2016: 1 sack per 13.5 passes

This offense seems to give up a lot of sacks, and the sec has the premier dlines in the country. If fitz's ratio is bad, it seems mcsorley had a processing problem too... against big10 defenses

Penn state last 3 years was sacked 1 time every 13.8 passes.

https://media.giphy.com/media/s3hZZwFRki8r6/giphy.gif

msstate7
08-29-2019, 10:48 AM
Let me clarify though... I don't care if we give up more sacks to get explosive plays; I'm all for it. I just didn't like blaming all the sacks on fitz when the offense apparently has them built in

HancockCountyDog
08-29-2019, 10:49 AM

Wasn't Fitz the reason we had such a high yard per play average? I don't have the stats in front of me, but I remember a 70+ yarder against A&M, multiple 30 yard gains throughout the season. I mean, he was our biggest offensive weapon last year and it wasn't running Joe's system. When we tried to shoehorn Fitz into Joe's system, it didn't work. When we scored 7 and 6 against KY and FL, it was a realization that this offense was going to waste a great season. That is why Fitz went from running the ball around 17 times a game, to 28 times against AU.

Tbonewannabe
08-29-2019, 10:52 AM
Moorhead's offense absolutely hums when we have a decided talent advantage. Vs equal or at a talent deficit, it remains to be seen. Hopefully guys settling into it will make a difference this season

This is exactly what happened to Mullen's offense. I remember a lot of years watching a QB draw up the gut on 3rd and 6 against a good defense like Bama, AU, UGA, or LSU and getting nowhere. You act like our offense never struggled before Moorhead. Anyone want to go through the 2015 season where our rushing offense was complete shit because Mullen decided to have a 150 lb feature back even though we had one of the top QBs in the country?

Mullen built our program up so we would win those games a lot more times than not but let's not make those years out to be better than they were. I will definitely take where we are now than before Mullen but Jackie showed us we could compete against ANYONE. Mullen showed us we could beat everyone that we SHOULD beat except in 2016. Mullen beat very few teams that FINISHED in the top 25.

HancockCountyDog
08-29-2019, 10:57 AM
Let me clarify though... I don't care if we give up more sacks to get explosive plays; I'm all for it. I just didn't like blaming all the sacks on fitz when the offense apparently has them built in

To any objective person you've won this thread. No need to post any more, just take a knee and run out the clock. Well done.

Tbonewannabe
08-29-2019, 11:05 AM
Wasn't Fitz the reason we had such a high yard per play average? I don't have the stats in front of me, but I remember a 70+ yarder against A&M, multiple 30 yard gains throughout the season. I mean, he was our biggest offensive weapon last year and it wasn't running Joe's system. When we tried to shoehorn Fitz into Joe's system, it didn't work. When we scored 7 and 6 against KY and FL, it was a realization that this offense was going to waste a great season. That is why Fitz went from running the ball around 17 times a game, to 28 times against AU.

Moorhead has said it himself that last year became a hybrid of what his system normally is. The Auburn gameplan was the headscratcher. It was more of an exception than the rule. I think after FL, Moorhead decided to take out a lot of the reads that Fitz was having problems with. LSU shutdown our running game which is what good to great defenses do. Bama was the only other team down the stretch that were able to do that.

Fitz looked decent against KSU on the road and ULL at home. Those were the only games that Fitz had before the UK and UF debacle. I think those two games gave Moorhead false hope on how Fitz could run the offense.

NCDawg
08-29-2019, 11:08 AM

I think you're probably correct. Another thing, slow developing plays, looking over to the sidelines seeing what Moorhead wants to do, walking up to the line and changing the play, making the OL stay in their stance all that time, I think caused a lot of the breakdowns.

TrapGame
08-29-2019, 11:28 AM
ED fail safe tactic... when evidence is presented, completely overlook that and go after the poster. I don't resort to playground tactics. If I disagree, I do my best to present an argument.

Where has Joe's offense been so utterly anemic? Give me evidence.

HancockCountyDog
08-29-2019, 11:31 AM
Moorhead has said it himself that last year became a hybrid of what his system normally is. The Auburn gameplan was the headscratcher. It was more of an exception than the rule. I think after FL, Moorhead decided to take out a lot of the reads that Fitz was having problems with. LSU shutdown our running game which is what good to great defenses do. Bama was the only other team down the stretch that were able to do that.

Fitz looked decent against KSU on the road and ULL at home. Those were the only games that Fitz had before the UK and UF debacle. I think those two games gave Moorhead false hope on how Fitz could run the offense.

Fitz went 11 for 27 against KSU. That is not decent. He looked great running the ball going for 159 yards on 19 carries.

Look - good coaches make these mistakes - hell Mullen tried to adjust his offense to fit Russell's talent in 2012. It didn't work.

Here is the bigger concern - i'm not sure if people realize that it is easier for OL to run block than pass block. I assume most people understand this, but some might not. Also, Mullen's system was all about creating angles and not having to drive people off the ball. It makes OL recruiting less important. You can have a great OL with less than NFL talent across the board. We proved that several times under Mullen. But that assumes you have a running threat at QB. The minute you take that away, all of a sudden you put tremendous pressure on your OL to pass protect in a league with elite pass rushers. Its a recipe for a disaster.

We have a good OL, but it is built to run block. I don't want our OT's attempting to pass block for 5 seconds. If we do that, we potentially expose a soft spot on our roster - OT's.

Also, now that Key is gone (potentially) we can't afford an injury. An injury to Stevens puts the entire season in jeopardy. We can't have him get hurt. That means less designed runs.

msstate7
08-29-2019, 11:47 AM
Where has Joe's offense been so utterly anemic? Give me evidence.

Here.

Vs conf opponent stats:
Scoring off - 119th of 129
Total off - 119th of 129
Yds/play - 94th of 119

Sec opponents scoring def vs sec/our point totals:
Bama - 15.7/0
Kentucky - 16.5/7
Auburn - 24.5/23
LSU - 25.4/6
Florida - 25.6/6
aTm - 31.4/28
Ark - 39.9/52
OM - 41.0/35

The only opponent that we scored more than their avg was Arkansas. Defenses padded their stats vs us last season.

In Moorhead's defense, he abused OOC teams. We play 8 sec opponents though to 4 OOC

ETA... with this post, I'm putting 2018 to bed. I really do hope Moorhead proves me wrong. Last season, I was furious after Florida and Kentucky, but I started a thread giving Moorhead major props for auburn bc he used his personnel correctly. He then abandoned it, and I lost the faith I had in him. I've been wrong more times than I count though, and I hope this is another time

Coach34
08-29-2019, 11:54 AM
Damn 7- stop running up the score

TrapGame
08-29-2019, 11:59 AM
Here.

Vs conf opponent stats:
Scoring off - 119th of 129
Total off - 119th of 129
Yds/play - 94th of 119

Sec opponents scoring def vs sec/our point totals:
Bama - 15.7/0
Kentucky - 16.5/7
Auburn - 24.5/23
LSU - 25.4/6
Florida - 25.6/6
aTm - 31.4/28
Ark - 39.9/52
OM - 41.0/35

The only opponent that we scored more than their avg was Arkansas. Defenses padded their stats vs us last season.

In Moorhead's defense, he abused OOC teams. We play 8 sec opponents though to 4 OOC

ETA... with this post, I'm putting 2018 to bed. I really do hope Moorhead proves me wrong. Last season, I was furious after Florida and Kentucky, but I started a thread giving Moorhead major props for auburn bc he used his personnel correctly. He then abandoned it, and I lost the faith I had in him. I've been wrong more times than I count though, and I hope this is another time

This is not what I'm talking about but I'm tired of the back and forth. I'm done with 2018. Let's get 2019 going with a bang Saturday!

TrapGame
08-29-2019, 12:00 PM
Damn 7- stop running up the score

And Juan Valdez makes a cameo.

Coach34
08-29-2019, 12:07 PM
And Juan Valdez makes a cameo.

I am Mr Coffee thank you very much

HancockCountyDog
08-29-2019, 12:08 PM
This is not what I'm talking about but I'm tired of the back and forth. I'm done with 2018. Let's get 2019 going with a bang Saturday!

This is the message board equivalent of throwing in the towel. Its the right call, you are getting hurt out there.

TrapGame
08-29-2019, 12:17 PM
I am Mr Coffee thank you very much

Touche.

This is the message board equivalent of throwing in the towel. Its the right call, you are getting hurt out there.

I'm just ready for Saturday and this season to start. We've had 37 different postmortems on 2018. It's time to leave it in the past.

And if the offense is as inept as last year, even with Zuber and Tommy, this place will be absolutely unbearable.

Tripp McNeely
08-29-2019, 01:26 PM
Dang, so now "lighting up the other team" is an even money bet? Interesting...

Aight, I'll take AU vs OR straight up...

OR wins, ya get a $100 from me...

If AU wins, you donate $50 to ED Board (in my name) & start 5 TUSK Pre-Approved Posts the week of the MSU/Bammer Game (1 per day)....

Done...easy money. Prepare thy anus!

Homedawg
08-29-2019, 01:40 PM

Apollo has long been dead in this one.

TUSK
08-29-2019, 01:54 PM
Done...easy money. Prepare thy anus!

Good deal, buddy!

In the event Aubie happens to beat the Ducks, you might wanna get in touch with C34... He can tell ya what to expect, on your end.

Peace!

Turfdawg67
08-29-2019, 02:42 PM
Nvmd

BB30
08-29-2019, 02:44 PM

Eh he is doom and gloom quite a bit but in this instance he made some good points when it comes to sacks/fitz and Mcsorley. His argument pretty much takes the Fitz is the reason we got sacked so much off the table when an NFL talent that has been in the system 3 years has the same amount of sacks. Mcsorley could read a defense and get the ball out on time.

He isn't knocking Jomo per se just stating that his offense tends to give up some sacks regardless of QB play.

Instead of countering with something intelligent you chose to ignore the factual evidence he presented and just go straight to disparaging the poster.

Tripp McNeely
08-29-2019, 03:05 PM
Good deal, buddy!

In the event Aubie happens to beat the Ducks, you might wanna get in touch with C34... He can tell ya what to expect, on your end.

Peace!

Am I gonna have to start selling Amway products??? ...I kid, I kid

TrapGame
08-29-2019, 03:27 PM
Eh he is doom and gloom quite a bit but in this instance he made some good points when it comes to sacks/fitz and Mcsorley. His argument pretty much takes the Fitz is the reason we got sacked so much off the table when an NFL talent that has been in the system 3 years has the same amount of sacks. Mcsorley could read a defense and get the ball out on time.

He isn't knocking Jomo per se just stating that his offense tends to give up some sacks regardless of QB play.

Instead of countering with something intelligent you chose to ignore the factual evidence he presented and just go straight to disparaging the poster.

I wasn't looking at the sacks. That wasn't the basis for my side argument. I was arguing about something else that was mentioned.

But... my bad for being a dumbass and not focusing in on the sacks. Yes, 7 does have a point. And really I'm not trying to argue that. However, it's done. I'm not pissed off at 7 or anybody else. I'm trigger happy when the doom and gloom starts.

I am sooooo ready for Saturday 11am to get here so we can focus on 2019 and let 2018 stay buried.