ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 09:36 AM

Doggie_Style
08-28-2019, 09:38 AM
next 5* up...

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 09:43 AM
next 5* up...

This is where the 85 scholarships really gives them a leg up.

If the roster size in college football was what is should be, there would be less margin for error.

Instead you're right. They'll just throw another stud in there

Ifyouonlyknew
08-28-2019, 09:44 AM
I hate that for Dylan he's a great player. Also they are very thin at LB & it won't be just plug & play.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-28-2019, 09:45 AM
They would have to lose 20-25 more players for the season before Saturday to be on same Talent level as MSU.....

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 09:46 AM
They would have to lose 20-25 more players for the season before Saturday to be on same Talent level as MSU.....

They'd have to lose about 10-15 more before they'd have less talent than anyone in the SEC but UGA

Covercorner2
08-28-2019, 09:51 AM
They'd have to lose about 10-15 more before they'd have less talent than anyone in the SEC but UGA

They may be bringing in a 2017 Starkville version of their defense this year. We can move the ball on them. Definitely don't need to just concede the game and sit out guys on DEFENSE as some have suggested.

Cowbell
08-28-2019, 09:53 AM
I feel like the talent gap is blown out of proportion a little bit. Or already I feel like we are closer than ever.

Tusk - I know you are here - how good of a team is this going to be - somebody on here this week said that this is one of the best teams that Saban has ever had. I don’t know that it looks that good to me. Maybe it’s just the fragility of Tua.

Covercorner2
08-28-2019, 09:57 AM
I feel like the talent gap is blown out of proportion a little bit. Or already I feel like we are closer than ever.

Tusk - I know you are here - how good of a team is this going to be - somebody on here this week said that this is one of the best teams that Saban has ever had. I don’t know that it looks that good to me. Maybe it’s just the fragility of Tua.

Probably the best offense he has ever had, but the defense doesn't look close to being one of his elite. I think they are beatable, but I also think Tua is vastly overrated. He looked very mediocre last year against us, UGA and Clemson.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2019, 10:00 AM

A more experience Tua + the best WR in college (Judy) + their usual 5 star Oline + all of their 5 star RB = best offense in Bama history. Saban will always have a top 10 defense to go along with that offense so it very well could be his best team prior to any injuries to the team.

In 2017, we were able to move the ball on Bama while they had several LBs out so losing any players does affect their team.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2019, 10:03 AM
Probably the best offense he has ever had, but the defense doesn't look close to being one of his elite. I think they are beatable, but I also think Tua is vastly overrated. He looked very mediocre last year against us, UGA and Clemson.

I think Tua only getting pressure a handful of times affects what he is used to in games. He never has to play while getting moved out of the pocket so he looked lost some when it happened. He is also a year older so he should look better. Every QB looks worse when they are getting sacked and hit. People point to Dak getting Cooper but it was also about the time that their Oline got it together and quit letting DEs get a free pass back to hit the QB. The Cowboys Oline at the beginning of the year was crap.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 10:12 AM

We are closer than we've ever been because we don't have the enormous roster holes that we've had in the past due to consistent top 25 recruiting classes. HOWEVER, what they do have that we don't have is elite game breakers at he skill positions.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 10:13 AM
ACL. He gone.

Now if we could just get Tua to have a minor sprained ankle or stinger when we play them

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2019, 10:15 AM
We are closer than we've ever been because we don't have the enormous roster holes that we've had in the past due to consistent top 25 recruiting classes. HOWEVER, what they do have that we don't have is elite game breakers at he skill positions.

One elite WR or RB can change the entire offense. If you look at Bama, they had Julio, Cooper, and Ridley all get the majority of receptions (I think Ridley even had over 70% of the receptions on the team). They do have the talent to make you pay if you double one WR but they still will get them the ball no matter what.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 10:19 AM
Don't feel too bad for Alabama. Here are their two replacements. LOL

https://247sports.com/Player/Shane-Lee-91372/

https://247sports.com/Player/Christian-Harris-89511/

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 10:20 AM
One elite WR or RB can change the entire offense. If you look at Bama, they had Julio, Cooper, and Ridley all get the majority of receptions (I think Ridley even had over 70% of the receptions on the team). They do have the talent to make you pay if you double one WR but they still will get them the ball no matter what.

But we don't have that WR & RB

Sure, we are better there than we have been, but we don't have the 1st round talent they have

msstate7
08-28-2019, 10:22 AM
I hate this. Kid was a sure 1st rounder in upcoming draft. Georgia (my champion pick) just got an easier path

Covercorner2
08-28-2019, 10:23 AM

So two true freshman. Who is going to call the defense?

msstate7
08-28-2019, 10:23 AM
But we don't have that WR & RB

Sure, we are better there than we have been, but we don't have the 1st round talent they have

Fo real... we don't have a wr 1/2 as good as those guys

Ifyouonlyknew
08-28-2019, 10:28 AM
So two true freshman. Who is going to call the defense?

Exactly. 2 True Freshmen MLB along with a True Freshman NG, the middle of that defense will be where everyone tries to attacks. I'm sure all 3 are talented but I'm sure this wasn't Saban's plan for this season.

Cowbell
08-28-2019, 10:28 AM
I hate this. Kid was a sure 1st rounder in upcoming draft. Georgia (my champion pick) just got an easier path

Is this his second big injury or am I confusing him with the other LB?

Covercorner2
08-28-2019, 10:38 AM

I think I remember him having one coming out of HS, but not while at Bama...

ScoobaDawg
08-28-2019, 11:28 AM
ACL. He gone.

Now if we could just get Tua to have a minor sprained ankle or stinger when we play them

I know your thoughts.. but come that's too far..wishing injury on a player. Not cool.

Cowbell
08-28-2019, 11:32 AM
I know your thoughts.. but come that's too far..wishing injury on a player. Not cool.

I agree. I would rather us just get better and win against a full team as well.

defiantdog
08-28-2019, 11:46 AM

Christian Harris is also injured and may be out a few games.

KentuckyDawg13
08-28-2019, 12:15 PM
Number 5 and 6 ILB in the country, that's all.

TUSK
08-28-2019, 01:48 PM
Yeppers, both ILBs are reported done for the year... Also Trey Sanders #3 RB... I heard OLB Jennings is dinged up, and OLB Lewis has had issues with injuries his whole career...

I'm expecting the O to light it up this year but probably be a lil more balanced than last year... The skill positions are the best I've seen, maybe ever/anywhere...

If they can't find a guy to call the D, they are gonna have to dumb it down, IMO....

On paper (sans pre-season injuries) it had a chance to be the best Bammer team ever, but shit happens and ya gotta pick up your weapon and get back in the fight.

Also, the #1 & #2 RBs are suspended for the Duke game, not that it should be a huge deal... We got a pretty good #4 guy...

In summary, I think the skill positions will be better, the OL about the same (maybe down a tick), DL about the same (maybe down a tick), OLBs better (if healthy), ILBs screwed, Secondary better, STs better....

TUSK
08-28-2019, 01:50 PM

Your prolly thinkin' of Terrell Lewis... He's missed the last 2 seasons due to injury....

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2019, 02:09 PM
I agree. I would rather us just get better and win against a full team as well.

I have no such feelings. I don't wish injury on any player, but I also don't feel sorry for other teams.

I want to get to Atlanta, & regardless of how we get there, getting there will raise our profile & help this program get to next level.

You say you just want us to get better, but we can't really get better unless we recruit better, & we can't recruit better unless we raise our profile & brand.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2019, 03:50 PM
I have no such feelings. I don't wish injury on any player, but I also don't feel sorry for other teams.

I want to get to Atlanta, & regardless of how we get there, getting there will raise our profile & help this program get to next level.

You say you just want us to get better, but we can't really get better unless we recruit better, & we can't recruit better unless we raise our profile & brand.

I think it is just shitty to say that out loud. Everyone hopes that Tua misses our game for some reason but it isn't a lasting injury that jeopardizes his career.

Lord McBuckethead
08-28-2019, 04:20 PM
They may be bringing in a 2017 Starkville version of their defense this year. We can move the ball on them. Definitely don't need to just concede the game and sit out guys on DEFENSE as some have suggested.

Depends on where we are in the season. If we were in the drivers seat for the SEC and had to choose an opportunity to beat Bama for the west and sit our guys against UM instead, then I would play everyone against Bama. If we were two games back against bama in the west looking at either a 7 win versus an 8 win season, sit everyone against bama and play them against UM to secure the extra win. No reason to risk finishing 7-5 when we only have a 18% chance of catching bama napping.

R2Dawg
08-28-2019, 07:37 PM
Yeppers, both ILBs are reported done for the year... Also Trey Sanders #3 RB... I heard OLB Jennings is dinged up, and OLB Lewis has had issues with injuries his whole career...

I'm expecting the O to light it up this year but probably be a lil more balanced than last year... The skill positions are the best I've seen, maybe ever/anywhere...

If they can't find a guy to call the D, they are gonna have to dumb it down, IMO....

On paper (sans pre-season injuries) it had a chance to be the best Bammer team ever, but shit happens and ya gotta pick up your weapon and get back in the fight.

Also, the #1 & #2 RBs are suspended for the Duke game, not that it should be a huge deal... We got a pretty good #4 guy...

In summary, I think the skill positions will be better, the OL about the same (maybe down a tick), DL about the same (maybe down a tick), OLBs better (if healthy), ILBs screwed, Secondary better, STs better....

TUSK you usually are pretty reasonable in your comments but you put several in this one like the typical Bama homers with over the top comments even for Bamers. Every team Bama has is the best one ever. Best skill players anytime, anywhere. Seriously. Come down off the Bama mountain; this with losses from a team that got skull drug by a lower talent Clemson team.

TUSK
08-28-2019, 08:25 PM
TUSK you usually are pretty reasonable in your comments but you put several in this one like the typical Bama homers with over the top comments even for Bamers. Every team Bama has is the best one ever. Best skill players anytime, anywhere. Seriously. Come down off the Bama mountain; this with losses from a team that got skull drug by a lower talent Clemson team.

Tell me the facts I listed with which you disagree... otherwise:

No.

R2Dawg
08-28-2019, 10:03 PM
Tell me the facts I listed with which you disagree... otherwise:

No.

I think I did; read my post again. I agree with many of your other points but the crimson colored glasses view was too much.

Facts? Like best Bama team ever? Facts like most skilled team ever on planet earth (your words were best anytime, anywhere) Those facts???
This ain't the Bama board where everything is Crimson and those would be facts.

No to what?

TUSK
08-28-2019, 10:31 PM
I think I did; read my post again. I agree with many of your other points but the crimson colored glasses view was too much.

Facts? Like best Bama team ever? Facts like most skilled team ever on planet earth (your words were best anytime, anywhere) Those facts???
This ain't the Bama board where everything is Crimson and those would be facts.

No to what?

You may need to reread my post buddy...

Feel free to offer something evidentiary that contradicts what I suggested... I'm open to have my mind changed...

R2Dawg
08-29-2019, 12:16 PM
You may need to reread my post buddy...

Feel free to offer something evidentiary that contradicts what I suggested... I'm open to have my mind changed...

I've read your post several times. You are the one that made bold FACTS about Bama. When you do that, you are the one with the burden of proof. So what is your proof that Bama has best team in history this year? Boy, I've never heard that one from a Bama fan before. Bama has the best skill players ever, anywhere anytime? Now that is a new one. I guess even the greatest has to makeup something to be great at when you have been the greatest in every other category.

The only fact here is you have no proof, only a crimson opinion.

Just trying to help you Bamers stay on the ground.

TUSK
08-29-2019, 12:30 PM
I've read your post several times. You are the one that made bold FACTS about Bama. When you do that, you are the one with the burden of proof. So what is your proof that Bama has best team in history this year? Boy, I've never heard that one from a Bama fan before. Bama has the best skill players ever, anywhere anytime? Now that is a new one. I guess even the greatest has to makeup something to be great at when you have been the greatest in every other category.

I'm down with that... I just believe these are factual statement:

"The skill positions are the best I've seen, maybe ever/anywhere..."

"On paper (sans pre-season injuries) it has a chance to be the best Bammer team ever..."

Note the "qualifiers" I included for specifically the nature and evolution of this conversation...

"maybe", "has a chance".... No one knows, that's for certain...

More guys could get hurt, there could be a huge scandal.... lots of things can go wrong...

Gutter Cobreh
08-29-2019, 12:35 PM

If I were Tusk, I'd remind you that he was asked for his opinion within this thread and you were not.

TUSK
08-29-2019, 01:03 PM
If I were Tusk, I'd remind you that he was asked for his opinion within this thread and you were not.

I was holding off on the mic drop. I honestly think my post was misunderstood.

But, you're right.

BB30
08-29-2019, 02:59 PM

Dude they quite arguably have a top 5-10 all time group at the skill positions.

That WR room is stupid good, that coupled with a very very talented QB and a host of 5* RBS makes for a solid skill pos group.

Jeudy is without a doubt one of the most athletic and electric players in the last decade or two.