PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Interview Today

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2019, 08:59 PM
I love how cerebral & intelligent this guy sounds.

I hate to use the term "Game Manager", but judging by this interview, he should be at least that.

TrapGame
08-27-2019, 09:50 PM
I like this kid.

BeastMan
08-27-2019, 10:39 PM
Really like how thoughtful and measured he is in the interview setting. I’m really curious to what we see live. Will he be more assertive? Show fire at times?

ZedFedder
08-27-2019, 10:45 PM
With all the captain votes he got despite being here for such a short time, he must be a likable guy.

Todd4State
08-27-2019, 11:30 PM
I like highly intelligent QB's over athletes playing QB. I value completion percentage and efficiency over raw athleticism but sometimes with poor play.

Maroonthirteen
08-28-2019, 09:05 AM
Saturday is going to be very interesting. I’m excited about this guy.

MarketingBully
08-28-2019, 09:54 AM
I like highly intelligent QB's over athletes playing QB. I value completion percentage and efficiency over raw athleticism but sometimes with poor play.

The thing is he is extremely athletic. We probably grabbed one of the most underrated QBs in the transfer portal. He actually understands the nuances of this offense and as I have been telling you guys all along this offense completely depends on the QB to run it. They even make the checks at the line to change protections if needed. Moorhead’s offense is completely dependent on the QB. You will see this year. It’s going to be night and day different from the Fitz disaster to this year.

TrapGame
08-28-2019, 09:57 AM
The thing is he is extremely athletic. We probably grabbed one of the most underrated QBs in the transfer portal. He actually understands the nuances of this offense and as I have been telling you guys all along this offense completely depends on the QB to run it. They even make the checks at the line to change protections if needed. Moorhead’s offense is completely dependent on the QB. You will see this year. It’s going to be night and day different from the Fitz disaster to this year.

No that's impossible! I heard we're still gonna suck!*******************

Seriously, if some folks can't see Moorhead found the missing link to get this offense rolling I don't know what to tell ya.

Ari Gold
08-28-2019, 10:07 AM
I was told if CJM had known TS was going to enter the transfer portal earlier we wouldn’t have pursued Kelly Bryant
Take that how ever you wish...

MarketingBully
08-28-2019, 10:11 AM
I was told if CJM had known TS was going to enter the transfer portal earlier we wouldn’t have pursued Kelly Bryant

It makes sense. TS has been in Moorhead’s system four years now. He knows this offense. There isn’t a transfer QB out there that found a more perfect system for them except maybe the kid who went to Arkansas from SMU.

Scared_Hitless
08-28-2019, 10:48 AM
Really excited to see what he can offer this weekend. The offense is very hard to defend if the QB and WRs understand their reads and act accordingly. The defense has to play perfect and at the college level that is not likely. If Tommy hits his passes at 65% clip or more we may be in for a special season.

Todd4State
08-28-2019, 07:42 PM

If I had to choose between TS and KB for MSU- I would easily choose TS just because of the fact that he knows our offense.

I'm glad it worked out the way it did. If we did end up with Bryant and then after the fact find out that Stevens was available that would have been the most MSU football thing ever.

Todd4State
08-28-2019, 07:45 PM
Really excited to see what he can offer this weekend. The offense is very hard to defend if the QB and WRs understand their reads and act accordingly. The defense has to play perfect and at the college level that is not likely. If Tommy hits his passes at 65% clip or more we may be in for a special season.

Really the biggest thing that we lacked IMO was the lack of a vertical threat because we couldn't accurately complete passes downfield consistently.

Yes, completion percentage is huge in this offense but I think that gets stacked up because of the RPO's and the shorter higher percentage throws but the thing that really makes it go is the deep passing game. We start to complete even let's say 50% of those because it's going to be lower by nature of the fact that those are lower percentage passes it's going to open up the RPO's and run game that much more. Not to mention the deep passes we hit end up becoming TD's or the key to scoring a TD.

was21
08-28-2019, 07:53 PM
High risk offense. High risk....high returns...unless the market drops...then all bets are off

R2Dawg
08-28-2019, 08:20 PM
I like what I see from him so far. If/when he lights up LA, this board is going to explode. The score may be similar to last year but I expect the way we look to be a lot different and causing folks to grow a little wool.

DancingRabbit
08-28-2019, 08:58 PM
He won that presser. He comes across as genuine, smart, humble but confident.

I'm sure it's been some culture adjustments and a pretty wild for him and his family the last few months.