PDA

View Full Version : Shitty week one of football?

Johnson85
08-27-2019, 01:00 PM
Just paying attention to the schedule, and granted UF/Miami was an interesting matchup a week early even if it didn't end up being great football, but there's not a lot of interesting football this weekend.

I'm interested in our game obviously, and UM and Memphis should be an interesting game for SEC fans. Then I guess UNC/USCe at 2:30, and then Auburn/Oregon St. at 6:30, so there is at least a game to look forward to at more or less each part of the day. But otherwise there's not much in the way of interesting games. I guess opening week is a good time to have that problem, as just having football at all will make up for it.

ScoobaDawg
08-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Yep the only top 25 matchup is Auburn / Oregon
Maybe not as many top matchups but much like Hawaii / Arizona. I'll find something entertaining to watch.

dantheman4248
08-27-2019, 01:53 PM
Thursday night: UCLA @ Cincinnati
Thursday After Dark: Utah @ BYU
Friday night: Utah State @ Wake Forest
Saturday Noon: MSU game, OM-Memphis
Saturday Midday: JMU @ WVU, SCar @ UNC, NW @ Stanford, VT @ BC
Saturday Night: Boise State vs. FSU, Oregon vs. Auburn,
Saturday After Dark: Possibly Fresno State @ USC, if not, go to bed
Sunday / Monday games suck.

Plenty of games to watch for the casual viewer that will likely be close and entertaining.

TrapGame
08-27-2019, 02:00 PM

Plenty of games to watch for the casual viewer that will likely be close and entertaining.

Utah/BYU is usually pretty entertaining. They hate each other the way we hate OM.

Jack Lambert
08-27-2019, 02:23 PM
Utah/BYU is usually pretty entertaining. They hate each other the way we hate OM.

They play for a wagon wheel.

TrapGame
08-27-2019, 02:28 PM
They play for a wagon wheel.

Well...you don't see that everyday.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2019, 02:46 PM

Week one can never be boring because we all have so many questions.

Additionally, we one gives you a round 1 of the NCAA Tournament feel in that there are a few games that look bad on paper that will end up being barn burners.

RocketDawg
08-27-2019, 07:33 PM
Many of us won't see Clemson play for a while since they have something like 3 games committed to the new ACC Network. They play Ga Tech Thursday night.

ScoobaDawg
08-28-2019, 09:43 AM
Many of us won't see Clemson play for a while since they have something like 3 games committed to the new ACC Network. They play Ga Tech Thursday night.

Cut the cord... I've had it since launch on Playstation Vue.

Liverpooldawg
08-28-2019, 10:16 AM
There is no such thing as a bad week one of football.

Scared_Hitless
08-28-2019, 10:34 AM
If football is on not sure how I can be disappointed. It has been too long, cannot wait to be in the Dome Saturday. Then back to Biloxi for some gambling that night.

Jack Lambert
08-28-2019, 10:35 AM
Well...you don't see that everyday.

It's really Utah State vs BYU that plays for the wagon wheel. They would probably say the same thing about an egg.

Jack Lambert
08-28-2019, 10:36 AM

I want to watch them about as much I want to watch UCLA.