PDA

View Full Version : Lets see what we all agree about....

HancockCountyDog
10-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Id like to see what the board agrees about and what is in dispute.

1)We all agree that Croom was a disaster on the field.

2) We all agree that Jackie left Norwood and a big piling heap of shit when Croom took over.

3) We all agree that Croom left Mullen a much more talented team and signing class when Mullen was hired.

4) We all agree that our scheduling post Croom (except for 2009) has been much more win friendly.

5) We all agree that UK and OM have been on a whole easier games for us since Mullen took over due to problems at both OM and UK (except OM 2009)

Ok, I would think most if not everyone would agree with those five statements. Now Croom's SEC record was 10-30. Just a total embarrassment. Mullen's current SEC record is 14-21. If he wins one more SEC game it will be 15-25;

Essentially he will have improved us on average, 1 SEC win a year over a coach that everyone agrees was a total embarrassment. Also, throw in the fact that Mullen is getting paid 2.6 million to improve us a total of 1 SEC win over a coach that had worse talent than what Mullen inherited and didn't have the benefit of two of the worst bear teams of all time and a UK program that was in complete disarray.

Whether you are for Mullen or against Mullen, it is pretty obvious that people calling for his head simply think that improving 1 SEC win a year over Croom is simply not enough and the more I think about it, the more I think they are right.

FISHDAWG
10-25-2013, 10:16 AM
I think we agree that :
1) players are quite often misplaced
2) questionable game & play calling are rampant
3) Dan has elevated us to slightly higher expectations and will get at least one more year to get to a higher level
4) We probably wont get to that next level **

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-25-2013, 10:48 AM

1)We all agree that Croom was a disaster on the field. Agreed

2) We all agree that Jackie left Norwood and a big piling heap of shit when Croom took over. Agree somewhat. Jackie left tons of NFL talent, none of which had been disciplined in 4 years.

3) We all agree that Croom left Mullen a much more talented team and signing class when Mullen was hired. Not sure I agree, see #2 above

4) We all agree that our scheduling post Croom (except for 2009) has been much more win friendly. I think you are just letting the 2 games against WV cloud the thinking. The schedules are pretty simlar.

5) We all agree that UK and OM have been on a whole easier games for us since Mullen took over due to problems at both OM and UK (except OM 2009) UK has been about the same. Ole Miss had Orgeron when Croom got here, so I don't really agree with that. Ole Miss this season and last is better than anything they had under Croom, minus 2008.

Ok, I would think most if not everyone would agree with those five statements. Now Croom's SEC record was 10-30. Just a total embarrassment. Mullen's current SEC record is 14-21. If he wins one more SEC game it will be 15-25;

Essentially he will have improved us on average, 1 SEC win a year over a coach that everyone agrees was a total embarrassment. Also, throw in the fact that Mullen is getting paid 2.6 million to improve us a total of 1 SEC win over a coach that had worse talent than what Mullen inherited and didn't have the benefit of two of the worst bear teams of all time and a UK program that was in complete disarray.

Whether you are for Mullen or against Mullen, it is pretty obvious that people calling for his head simply think that improving 1 SEC win a year over Croom is simply not enough and the more I think about it, the more I think they are right.

I've said that I understand the frustration and am frustrated myself. But if we can claw our way to 6-6 this season, I won't be overly upset about anything and we should be better next year.

PMDawg
10-25-2013, 11:11 AM
will we actually be better or will the schedule just be that much easier? honest question, no flame.

Dawgface
10-25-2013, 11:19 AM
will we actually be better or will the schedule just be that much easier? honest question, no flame.

Good question. Easier OOC games and replace SC with Vandy, which is a little easier.

Dannyripms
10-25-2013, 11:19 AM
I think we are slightly better in the fact that croom had no offense at all. The defense was pretty good. But I guess you could look at it as equal. Mullen has better offense and croom had better defense. I guess croom could of had more wins if he had the easy schedule like Mullen but it shouldn't come down to easy games. I realize we can't play tough ooc teams because there's no sense in risking players getting hurt when we have a tough conf. But when Mullen is getting blown out by the better teams it becomes obvious that he needs to go

HancockCountyDog
10-25-2013, 11:25 AM

If we gt 7-5 and go 3-5 in the SEC next year with wins over UK, Vandy and Ark, and get beat in egg bowl - are we really improving? Honest question, but that just seems like being happy that we are the 11th best team in the conference. Also, Im not saying that we will beat UK on the road next year, not based off last night's performance.

HancockCountyDog
10-25-2013, 11:27 AM
I think we are slightly better in the fact that croom had no offense at all. The defense was pretty good. But I guess you could look at it as equal. Mullen has better offense and croom had better defense. I guess croom could of had more wins if he had the easy schedule like Mullen but it shouldn't come down to easy games. I realize we can't play tough ooc teams because there's no sense in risking players getting hurt when we have a tough conf. But when Mullen is getting blown out by the better teams it becomes obvious that he needs to go

I don't think any logical person would argue that we aren't better with Mullen, of course we are. The question is, how much better.

If Im drafting for an NFL team, and the first player that I evaluate is Devon Bell, the next player that I evaluate is going to look like a combination Barry Sanders/Jerry Rice even if he plays long snapper.

At some point we have to stop judging Mullen to Croom. Croom was a disaster. The fact that he has improved our SEC record by 1 game a year, is a good thing, but how much.

Coach34
10-25-2013, 11:39 AM
At some point we have to stop judging Mullen to Croom. Croom was a disaster. The fact that he has improved our SEC record by 1 game a year, is a good thing, but how much.

How about comparing him to Jackie then?

Jackie was 43-59-1 in the SEC- 41.7%
Mullen is 14-21- 40%

Crooms got to coach against a shitty OM program, Bama in constant flux with a few 6-6 seasons, Tubby at the end in Auburn who was fired the same year as Crooms, and a rebuilding UPig program. It aint quite like that anymore in the West

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2013, 11:40 AM

We are consistently getting DOMINATED in the 2nd half and 4th quarter by almost EVERYONE. Even teams that we have clearly better talent. Mullen's first couple of years we competed the whole game and was 6 inches away from beating a top 5 LSU team. Other games were decided by one or two scores but was down to the wire. Now the team looks flat, like they are just going through the motions.

The team very rarely looks fired up. More than anything UM does, playing with relentless effort the entire game is what pisses me off the most. Even if Mullen is making Croomish coaching mistakes like the 4th down call, very little effort in the 2nd half against everyone is what makes me think the egg bowl needs to be his last game.

HancockCountyDog
10-25-2013, 12:03 PM
How about comparing him to Jackie then?

Jackie was 43-59-1 in the SEC- 41.7%
Mullen is 14-21- 40%

Crooms got to coach against a shitty OM program, Bama in constant flux with a few 6-6 seasons, Tubby at the end in Auburn who was fired the same year as Crooms, and a rebuilding UPig program. It aint quite like that anymore in the West

Jackie went 3-21 his last 3 years which totally skews the record. To even try and put Mullen and Jackie in the same sentence is ludicrous.

Are you saying that Mullen didn't get to coach against a shitty OM in 2010 and 2011? Really? Are we actually saying that?

the bears are 3-3 against LSU the last 6 years - LSU from 2004-2007 was the most talent that LSU has ever assembled. Those teams were ridiculous. AU was pretty ****ing good too. Arkansas had DMC during that time too and Nutt hadn't gone crazy.

At the end of the day, its pretty damn even - the top wasn't as good (bama) but UK was better during the 2004-2008 stretch.

Coach - I know you love Jackie like I do, lets not insult him by putting Mullen and him in the same sentence.

Without those last 3 years - Jackie was 40-38; With a winning SEC percentage, something that Mullen has yet to do.

preachermatt83
10-25-2013, 04:55 PM

1)We all agree that Croom was a disaster on the field.

2) We all agree that Jackie left Norwood and a big piling heap of shit when Croom took over.

3) We all agree that Croom left Mullen a much more talented team and signing class when Mullen was hired.

4) We all agree that our scheduling post Croom (except for 2009) has been much more win friendly.

5) We all agree that UK and OM have been on a whole easier games for us since Mullen took over due to problems at both OM and UK (except OM 2009)

You are exactly right!! On everything you said!