PDA

View Full Version : So Keyton has left the team...that shows me who he really is.

99jc
08-26-2019, 08:03 PM
if he could pass better he would be the starter. good riddance

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 08:09 PM
man.... I just disagree with this.

KT is a bulldog through & through but has a responsibility to his family, himself, & his supporters to seek the best possible situation for him to reach his ceiling & the NFL.

I can't blame Kelly Bryant for what he did, Tommy Stevens for what he did, or any of the other QBs that transferred

What's nuts is that some of you guys will vilify KT for what he has done, but stand up & cheer for Tommy on Saturday when he did the exact same thing.

Get over yourselves

Coach34
08-26-2019, 08:09 PM
He may be headed to be a Gator. They are talking

Coach34
08-26-2019, 08:10 PM
I can't blame Kelly Bryant for he did, Tommy Stevens for what he did, or any of the other QBs that transferred

What's nuts is that some of you guys will vilify KT for what he has done, but stand up & cheer for Tommy on Saturday when he did the exact same thing.

Nailed it.

Hambone
08-26-2019, 08:11 PM
He’ll be in a worse position down there. Emery Jones is twice the QB coming out of high school that KT was

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 08:11 PM

Would be a great landing spot for him. Says a lot about what Mullen thinks of Emery Jones if true

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 08:12 PM
He’ll be in a worse position down there. Emery Jones is twice the QB coming out of high school that KT was

I'm beginning to question Emery's ability since he apparently can't beat out a slap average QB in Franks. Although KT couldn't beat out anyone at MSU, so I'm not sure

msstate7
08-26-2019, 08:13 PM
Would be a great landing spot for him. Says a lot about what Mullen thinks of Emery Jones if true

That's what I'm thinking. If Mullen takes key, the Emory Jones hype is just talk

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 08:16 PM
That's what I'm thinking. If Mullen takes key, the Emory Jones hype is just talk

Emery may be a dumbass. It may be that simple.

Also, I think outside of the generational talents, it may be time for the recruiting services to stop ranking QBs.

The NFL can't evaluate QBs, colleges can't evaluate QBs, & 247 damn sure can't evaluate QBs.

A QB's recruiting ranking is the most irrelevant recruiting ranking they do.

If I were a college coach, I'd look for two things in QBs: Uncommon competitors & coach's sons. That's one thing I really like about Will Rogers.

Bodawg
08-26-2019, 08:17 PM
Good luck to KT wherever he lands. He put it all on the line for us, just hasn't worked out for him with the coaching change.

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 08:18 PM

Outside of generational talents like Lawrence & Tua, QB recruiting rankings are irrelevant. The NFL can't evaluate with them with 1,000 times more data & film to base their decisions off of

R2Dawg
08-26-2019, 08:20 PM
KT has been first class; he got caught up in a coaching change. Tough break for him; best of luck.

dantheman4248
08-26-2019, 08:21 PM
Bad take. We just took in someone as a transfer with open arms but now that the guy whose job he took is leaving, that guy is the bad guy? Nope. Bad take.

Quaoarsking
08-26-2019, 08:30 PM
KT would probably be a total badass in Willie Fritz's offense at Tulane, and he'd get to play close to home. Admittedly, I don't know what their current QB situation is though.

KOdawg1
08-26-2019, 08:37 PM
Outside of generational talents like Lawrence & Tua, QB recruiting rankings are irrelevant. The NFL can't evaluate with them with 1,000 times more data & film to base their decisions off of

Shotgun, you're nailing it today.

Are you drunk?**

StarkVegasSteve
08-26-2019, 08:41 PM
Florida fans would be ready to fire Mullen if he took a QB who couldn't win the starting job at Mississippi St. That's nothing against KT, it's just how their fan base would perceive it. I think he'd tear it up in Willie Fritz offense at Tulane though.

thf24
08-26-2019, 08:42 PM

I figured at the time Ohio State wouldn't have let him go to a new staff so late so easily if he'd been legit.

chef dixon
08-26-2019, 08:45 PM
I may be in minority but I think he is easily power 5 quality and I hope he gets his chance

MagicDawg
08-26-2019, 08:48 PM
I wish him good luck wherever he goes or stays. I have no reason to think he gave us less than his best; I'm not gonna hate on him for being open to opportunities to achieve more.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-26-2019, 09:04 PM
How anybody can hate on a guy that is doing the right thing for himself is beyond me.

ZedFedder
08-26-2019, 09:21 PM
If you hate on Keytaon, you have to boo Tommy Stevens. You can't have that kind of cognitive dissonance.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2019, 09:26 PM

KT is a bulldog through & through but has a responsibility to his family, himself, & his supporters to seek the best possible situation for him to reach his ceiling & the NFL.

I can't blame Kelly Bryant for what he did, Tommy Stevens for what he did, or any of the other QBs that transferred

Get over yourselves

Exactly.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2019, 09:27 PM

Good for him. I hope that happens.

vv83
08-26-2019, 09:33 PM
This thread is complete trash, my god post less

bobcat91
08-26-2019, 09:34 PM
He cant hit the right side of a barn. This isnt kids soccer where everyone gets a prize. Joe has seen him for 2 years and went hard after Bryant and Steven's. He simply isnt a fit for this offense. I'll help him pack. He quit on this team. He's not a grad transfer, just a guy that I dont believe is a SEC QB

StarkvilleGuru
08-26-2019, 09:37 PM
Just a terrible take. KT was recruited to run a certain offense, that offense left with the coach. The new coach runs an offense that is not best suited for KT's abilities. KT has every right to transfer and put himself in a better position. Plus, he has to feel like Moorhead never gave him a fair shot after snagging a transfer QB that he already coached. Nothing but love for KT and hope he balls out wherever he ends up.

msstate7
08-26-2019, 09:45 PM
He cant hit the right side of a barn. This isnt kids soccer where everyone gets a prize. Joe has seen him for 2 years and went hard after Bryant and Steven's. He simply isnt a fit for this offense. I'll help him pack. He quit on this team. He's not a grad transfer, just a guy that I dont believe is a SEC QB

Guess you dislike Allen love and Cole smith too for quitting on their team or maybe your hypocrisy is limitless

yjnkdawg
08-26-2019, 09:47 PM
KT has been a great Bulldawg, and I wish him success in his future football endeavors and his out of football endeavors as well. JoeMo made a decision on what he thought was best for the offense moving forward, and KT should be able to make the decision that he thinks is in his best interest.

bobcat91
08-26-2019, 10:06 PM
Guess you dislike Allen love and Cole smith too for quitting on their team or maybe your hypocrisy is limitless

Where did I say anything about anyone else. He didnt fit the system so leave. As for Stevens, he graduated and left. He didnt pout, act like a child and run to the portal. It's a tool for guys who arent good enough. Once you pull that stunt you mess with team chemistry so get gone. If he stays, he will pull this crap next year when he gets beat out by Schrader so beat the rush. This guy that folks are acting like the second coming of Brady, beat a Peter Sirmon defense and hit under 50% of his passes against s SF Austin team that couldnt beat Delta State.

confucius say
08-26-2019, 10:21 PM
Damn. Delete this thread. This is the kind of stuff that gets screen shot and people make fun of our whole fan base. Wishing the best for KT.

bobcat91
08-26-2019, 10:26 PM
Damn. Delete this thread. This is the kind of stuff that gets screen shot and people make fun of our whole fan base. Wishing the best for KT.

That's hilarious. This was supposed to be a pro MSU site and is far from it. From BS like Joevester on down the line.

Bdawg
08-26-2019, 10:26 PM

Get over yourselves

Bullseye!!!!

Crappiemaster
08-26-2019, 10:29 PM
As per WTVA news at 10:00 He is still negotiating

Coach007
08-26-2019, 10:37 PM

Can't go along with it.

Kid has to do what's right by him at this point. I hope that it works out for him to stay. We will need some QB depth next year. Fact.

confucius say
08-26-2019, 10:37 PM
That's hilarious. This was supposed to be a pro MSU site and is far from it. From BS like Joevester on down the line.

I get it. But the title of this thread is taking a personal shot at a player who busted his ass for us. Who won a big bowl game vs Louisville as a true freshman at a time we were reeling. And who would have beaten OM after fitz injury if dan?s ass wasn?t half way out the door. I?m all in on Tommy, but the shot at KT is unwarranted.

Bdawg
08-26-2019, 10:38 PM
If I were KT, I would stay but also make sure Joe kept my redshirt in tact unless there is an early injury to Tommy. Think he is too late in the process to find a good home and would have more options after this fall. Also if he stay, he could at least get some PT in possibly four games.

DancingRabbit
08-26-2019, 10:38 PM

If people don't quote you're hateful stuff, I won't ever see it again.

Coach007
08-26-2019, 10:40 PM
cognitive dissonance.

Can't use long words! FLAG!!!!

yjnkdawg
08-26-2019, 11:05 PM
If people don't quote you're hateful stuff, I won't ever see it again.

It didn't deserve a quote. So I just responded without one. I agree.

Dawg61
08-26-2019, 11:17 PM
Almost impossible to have a worse post in this thread than 99jc's but then bobcat91 showed up.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xbTlUxeY4HRIs/giphy.gif

Jack Lambert
08-26-2019, 11:17 PM

When the window opens to bring one in it opens again for one to leave. Nature of the beast right now. He goes to FL someone is going to leave.

bobcat91
08-26-2019, 11:28 PM
Almost impossible to have a worse post in this thread than 99jc's but then bobcat91 showed up.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xbTlUxeY4HRIs/giphy.gif

And your opinion is as always. A nonsensical pile of bullshit. Continue being the court jester.

By the way, Stevens is still our QB and KT isnt presently on the team. So is life.

Bothrops
08-26-2019, 11:31 PM
I'd like to see Keytaon as a gator in a way because of the big stage opportunity, but Mullen is the one that screwed him by not taking him in the first place. Wish he could do better.

TUSK
08-26-2019, 11:32 PM
Outside of generational talents like Lawrence & Tua...

When, in your opinion, did Tua transition from a "noodle armed" QB (that "pushes the ball") to a "generational talent"?

I always thought that his core, linear, upward thrust transitioned exponentially with his gyro-centrifugal force...

but I'm a homer.

DancingRabbit
08-26-2019, 11:46 PM

I'll help him pack. He quit on this team.

You seem to be 99jc's archaic buddy. Most people here thinks it's OK if KT looks at other options after his HC made multiple public attempts to recruit transfers.

I wish KT would stay this year. Tommy has some injury history. KT could redshirt this year (and still cover for Tommy missing a game) - at the end of the year he could decide if he wants to stay or transfer down to FCS or sit out a year at a D1 school.

Ezsoil
08-26-2019, 11:48 PM
I've heard Houston is in the Mix

Todd4State
08-26-2019, 11:57 PM

Get over yourselves

This nailed it. I know we like to make these players our family and that's a good thing in a way. But these players also have to consider their potential pro futures and put themselves in a good position to succeed. That's all that Key is doing and I can't blame him for that. And we need to remember that Key is at practice and he knows how good Stevens is and how good Shrader is and the fit within the system.

KT would probably be a total badass in Willie Fritz's offense at Tulane, and he'd get to play close to home. Admittedly, I don't know what their current QB situation is though.

I think Tulane would be a perfect fit for Key. Basically an old school spread option offense and as you said it's near his home.

As per WTVA news at 10:00 He is still negotiating

That tells me that all he is doing is taking a step back and assessing the situation. And there's nothing wrong with that. Ultimately, IMO in the short term him coming back to MSU for this year is probably the best for him just because of how late in the process this is happening. Anywhere he goes he is going to have to sit at this point unless someone literally hands him the job like Ole Miss did with Masoli. I think he would be better off staying for this year, try to do as well as he can and learn as much as he can, play in four games barring injuries and showcase himself and then re-evaluate where things are at in November. He may feel like he could win the job in 2020 or he may still feel like leaving is the best thing for him. If I'm Joe I'm offering him an unconditional transfer if he comes back and still wants to leave at the end of the year or even the end of spring ball in 2020.

Bothrops
08-26-2019, 11:58 PM
Tommy may not survive LSU, Shrader gonna grow fast, need to get their bodies ready.

Dawg61
08-27-2019, 12:04 AM
And your opinion is as always. A nonsensical pile of bullshit. Continue being the court jester.

By the way, Stevens is still our QB and KT isnt presently on the team. So is life.

Ohhh you mad refreshing this thread I see.

https://media.giphy.com/media/lJmRn0afzMolW/giphy.gif

MarketingBully
08-27-2019, 01:19 AM
If I were KT, I would stay but also make sure Joe kept my redshirt in tact unless there is an early injury to Tommy. Think he is too late in the process to find a good home and would have more options after this fall. Also if he stay, he could at least get some PT in possibly four games.

Why not stay serve in a back up role. If Stevens gets hurt, he?d be the guy. If Stevens stays healthy, he plays his four games and goes into the spring as the odds on favorite to win the job. If he doesn?t, he transfers and has his redshirt. He can still play his two years. This shit isn?t rocket science and timing is everything imo with this QB portal bullshit. You don?t bail on your team one week before the season starts.

MarketingBully
08-27-2019, 01:24 AM
I've heard Houston is in the Mix

Um only places imo would be Texas and Florida. Houston would be a horrible fit. Holgorsen needs a passing accurate QB to run his system. He needs to be in a run based spread option attack to be successful.

RougeDawg
08-27-2019, 03:23 AM
FWIW. KT needs to find more credible tutors. And he needs to learn to be a man, responsible for his own actions.

I hope he learns a lesson and becomes a better person because of it.

I live down here in LSU country and would love to know we took more than Dak from the Corndogs, while also beating their ass.

Either way, in life your actions warrant reactions. It is what you learn from your mistakes that makes you better.

RiverCityDawg
08-27-2019, 05:59 AM
If Stevens stays healthy, he plays his four games and goes into the spring as the odds on favorite to win the job.

I think that's just it, or a part of it at least - He sees the writing on the wall that he might NOT be the odds on favorite to even win the job next year. Shrader made big strides the last week or so of fall camp and KT sees that and knows he's Joe's handpicked guy. I'm sure he doesn't want to wait another year and then be pretty much stuck as a career backup or have to transfer somewhere with only one year left to play.

I seen it dawg
08-27-2019, 06:45 AM

So if KT just needs a couple of days bc he's still kind of a kid, realizes best thing for him is stay and RS, and pulls a Hurts and leaves after season or stays and is the QB next yr you still gonna hate the guy?

And shotgun has a good point...you pissed Stevens is a member of the team and a captain? He transferred in....

Sometimes a hot take should be left in the drafts folder

I seen it dawg
08-27-2019, 06:51 AM
Closed