PDA

View Full Version : MSU Depth Chart Released

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 11:47 AM

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 11:48 AM
KT not listed on depth chart with Schrader 2nd
Suspended players are on the depth chart
Leo Lewis listed 2nd on depth chart at LB but bolded while Willie is not.
Malik Dear listed at punt returner
The amount of TEs we have is staggering
Love the fact that our OL is in good enough shape to RS a 5 star

msstate7
08-26-2019, 11:50 AM

Hate key is gone, but I'm thrilled we get to see shrader this week. Well, we better see him

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 11:51 AM
Hate key is gone, but I'm thrilled we get to see shrader this week. Well, we better see him

If Schrader is in line to start next year, then you've got to play him this year.

That being said, we may need to go out & get a JUCO backup for next year

AROB44
08-26-2019, 11:59 AM
If Schrader is in line to start next year, then you've got to play him this year.

That being said, we may need to go out & get a JUCO backup for next year

Is Mayden totally out of the picture?

Coach007
08-26-2019, 12:00 PM
Leo Lewis listed 2nd on depth chart at LB but bolded while Willie is not.
Malik Dear listed at punt returner
The amount of TEs we have is staggering
Love the fact that our OL is in good enough shape to RS a 5 star

It's odd to not see Mayden on it

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 12:01 PM
Is Mayden totally out of the picture?

My guess is that he transfers.

If Shrader has already passed him, he's in a tough spot.

So unless KT comes back, our QB depth chart next year is Shrader & Will Rogers

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 12:01 PM
It's odd to not see Mayden on it

not really. He's just not near as athletic as Shrader

Coach007
08-26-2019, 12:04 PM
not really. He's just not near as athletic as Shrader

Not what I meant. There is no doubt that the kid is a baller. Just him not being listed at all

MetEdDawg
08-26-2019, 12:23 PM
Not what I meant. There is no doubt that the kid is a baller. Just him not being listed at all

Yeah I would have thought at this point a Shrader or Mayden would have been something we see. That not being there is very telling I believe.

There is some interesting stuff on that chart, but that starting 22 you have to say is not bad. There's a lot of really solid pieces on that depth chart.

chef dixon
08-26-2019, 12:28 PM
You absolutely only try and play Shrader in 4 games if you can help it. Would be silly to not take advantage of the new rule.

CadaverDawg
08-26-2019, 12:35 PM
No Mayden. Bc he's suspended? Then why Autry and Gay? So must be some other reason

Leo 2nd string? Interesting

CJ Morgan is a guy not being talked about much that could have a big time year.

Notice the top 3 TE's are all -OR-, meaning maybe we see a lot more Spivey early than we think.

Then again, this is just a piece of paper that probably means absolutely nothing and contains mistakes

thf24
08-26-2019, 12:41 PM
No Mayden. Bc he's suspended? Then why Autry and Gay? So must be some other reason

It appears to be only two deep listed at positions without much rotation, which would be consistent with the general word that Shrader has already passed him.

HancockCountyDog
08-26-2019, 12:45 PM
Moorhead just announced Love had his initial application denied - we are appealing. I know its been discussed on here, but that is the first confirmation I have seen.

CadaverDawg
08-26-2019, 12:47 PM
Moorhead just announced Love had his initial application denied - we are appealing. I know its been discussed on here, but that is the first confirmation I have seen.

Damn, not what we needed to hear. DT depth is getting more and more concerning by the day. Let's hope we stay healthy

Dental Dawg33
08-26-2019, 12:50 PM
Looking on my phone so hard to tell but does it show Phillips at 245lbs?

TrapGame
08-26-2019, 12:50 PM

And other teams get that shit rubber stamped and out the door.

Johnson85
08-26-2019, 12:53 PM

Do they pretend to have any uniform application of rules on the transfer eligibility decisions? Just curious if there was a reason they denied his application when they are so freely given out otherwise.

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 12:54 PM

Isn't this no update? I thought it was denied and we appealed a while ago

HancockCountyDog
08-26-2019, 12:58 PM
Isn't this no update? I thought it was denied and we appealed a while ago

I had never seen anything official. I think this was the word a while back - but not official.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-26-2019, 01:04 PM

Yeah Steve has hinted it would be denied due to he wasn't going to a school within the 100 mile proximity of Bham, but we're arguing that he isn't getting a shot at one of the SEC schools in his state.

Johnson85
08-26-2019, 01:04 PM
Couple of interesting things to me:

Zuber isn't listed as a starter but is second string behind Thomas. Unless that's just giving a nod of respect to a guy that's been here a long time (which hasn't seemed to be Moorhead's style), that makes me a lot more pessimistic. I like Thomas and he's good, but if he's our best receiver, we are still going to struggle hard.

Dareuan Parker has passed Story. I hadn't seen that but that's encouraging. I was comfortable with Story as a starter, and if Parker passed him, that means we are set at that position for this year and next.

Good to see confirmation that Reese is at RG. I'm assuming that means Phillips has continued to improve and not that we were in dire need of another guard. Also means we are in good shape for next year, with three returning starting OL, with a 5 star RS freshman and 4 star RS So available to fill in one of those open spots.

Interesting that we listed 5 TE on the depth chart when no other position goes more than 3 deep (I guess WR has several positions going three deep, and if you consider a two tightend set, that's basically the same.

It's interesting to me that Malik is listed as a punt returner. If he's athletic enough to be our best option at punt returner, it seems like he'd be more competitive for snaps at the slot position.

I'm not sure what the bolded names mean. I thought returning starter, but don't think Leo Lewis or Brian Cole started last year?

chef dixon
08-26-2019, 01:10 PM
I think Mayden being suspended is enough for Joe to go ahead and promote his boy to second string. Players like Gay, if suspended, are still just too good to lose their spot when eligible. That?s my shot at an explanation.

Covercorner2
08-26-2019, 01:19 PM
Couple of interesting things to me:

Zuber isn't listed as a starter but is second string behind Thomas. Unless that's just giving a nod of respect to a guy that's been here a long time (which hasn't seemed to be Moorhead's style), that makes me a lot more pessimistic. I like Thomas and he's good, but if he's our best receiver, we are still going to struggle hard.

Dareuan Parker has passed Story. I hadn't seen that but that's encouraging. I was comfortable with Story as a starter, and if Parker passed him, that means we are set at that position for this year and next.

Good to see confirmation that Reese is at RG. I'm assuming that means Phillips has continued to improve and not that we were in dire need of another guard. Also means we are in good shape for next year, with three returning starting OL, with a 5 star RS freshman and 4 star RS So available to fill in one of those open spots.

Interesting that we listed 5 TE on the depth chart when no other position goes more than 3 deep (I guess WR has several positions going three deep, and if you consider a two tightend set, that's basically the same.

It's interesting to me that Malik is listed as a punt returner. If he's athletic enough to be our best option at punt returner, it seems like he'd be more competitive for snaps at the slot position.

I'm not sure what the bolded names mean. I thought returning starter, but don't think Leo Lewis or Brian Cole started last year?

- There are 3 receiving positions. What makes Thomas our best receiver if he is starting at one of those positions?

- Bold means returning starters. Both Lewis and Cole started at least one game last year.

Jack Lambert
08-26-2019, 01:28 PM

Schrader is Coach Moorheads guy. Let's see how he can coach this guy up to where he needs him to be.

BrunswickDawg
08-26-2019, 02:19 PM
The depth chart definitely creates more questions then answers. Does it reflect suspensions?

Also - we are apparently special and are allowed 12 positions on defense. That's one way to pick up slack from DT.****

Johnson85
08-26-2019, 02:45 PM
- There are 3 receiving positions. What makes Thomas our best receiver if he is starting at one of those positions?

Well, as someone who caught the ball pretty consistently, he was our best receiver last year. Certainly Guidry and Mitchell have the athletic ability and size that they could have improved enough to pass them, but I'm just not optimistic because it seems like receivers don't generally make huge strides in the quality of their hands, particularly as upper classmen. Mitchell is definitely young enough and raw enough that it would be less surprising if he made a big jump.

- Bold means returning starters. Both Lewis and Cole started at least one game last year.

gracias

NCDawg
08-26-2019, 02:52 PM
Yeah Steve has hinted it would be denied due to he wasn't going to a school within the 100 mile proximity of Bham, but we're arguing that he isn't getting a shot at one of the SEC schools in his state.

So how did the Louisville QB transfer to Florida State get approved, and our Louisville transfer, Love, not get approved? Guess it was different circumstances but I'd like to know the difference.

Jack Lambert
08-26-2019, 03:23 PM
If Willie Gay is really hurt and can't play will this missed game count if he is one of the suspended players? Might sound like a stupid question but we are talking NCAA.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-26-2019, 03:25 PM
So how did the Louisville QB transfer to Florida State get approved, and our Louisville transfer, Love, not get approved? Guess it was different circumstances but I'd like to know the difference.

Honestly after looking into it for a minute, I'm confused on the FSU case. It says in one article that he was returning home to Tallahasee, but it says he played at West Palm Beach which is over 400 miles away in another.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-26-2019, 03:26 PM
If Willie Gay is really hurt and can't play will this missed game count if he is one of the suspended players? Might sound like a stupid question but we are talking NCAA.

Steve has said it doesn't count if injured.

Lord McBuckethead
08-26-2019, 03:33 PM

Well they let UM count the last few seasons bowl games as bowl games they were not allowed to attend, even though they didn't get to 6 wins. Also, they couldn't get enough people to sign and get schollies. Should those count as lost scholarships even if they couldn't fill them?

Lord McBuckethead
08-26-2019, 03:34 PM
Then no idea why he isn't on the sideline pretending not to be hurt but sitting out for suspension. No need to even say he has an injury.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-26-2019, 06:16 PM
Tyre Phillips has lost a ton of weight evidently. *****

I knew Champion would push Eiland at RT, but Reese would be the RG.

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 07:18 PM

WTF?

It absolutely counts. Completely ridiculous answer by you.

How would the NCAA if know if Willie Gay is hurt or not? We don't have NFL injury reports in college football

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 07:19 PM

Yes. The game counts as served suspension.

If it didn't, we would never disclose an injury about an injured player so the game could count

Todd4State
08-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Then no idea why he isn't on the sideline pretending not to be hurt but sitting out for suspension. No need to even say he has an injury.

I could see MSU exhibiting more exemplary cooperation and letting the NCAA know that someone is hurt.**

I think it's a rouse by Moorhead to protect the fact that Willie Gay is one of the player's suspended. Willie is a heck of a football player- but doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed at times.

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 07:41 PM

the games count whether he is injured or not. Not sure how the NCAA would even enforce that rule if they had it

Lord McBuckethead
08-26-2019, 07:44 PM
Exactly, unless he is in a full body cast out there. I would even say officially that full body cast is precautionary to not make the IR list.

MarketingBully
08-26-2019, 07:52 PM

How can they delineate that? Just say he wasn’t injured.

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 08:20 PM
How can they delineate that? Just say he wasn?t injured.

They can't. It's why it's not true