PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if we can find a RB that is in KT's situation

Irondawg
08-26-2019, 10:17 AM
Very good player stuck behind another very good player or two and would like a more clear path to PT

ETA - i'm talking about that would be eligible for 2020 season

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 10:41 AM
Like Nick Gibson?*

RBs are hard to find in this position because the position is rotated. You can be the backup & still get tons of carries & the chance to play in the NFL

Ifyouonlyknew
08-26-2019, 10:51 AM
Very good player stuck behind another very good player or two and would like a more clear path to PT

Do you mean for the 2020 season?

Irondawg
08-26-2019, 10:56 AM
Yeah for 2020- but a guy that might transfer in last minute to learn the offense and be ready to roll next year.

maroonmania
08-26-2019, 11:01 AM
Not sure who is left that would be willing to play behind Hill. Feaster just joined SC but he will probably be their starter.

Johnson85
08-26-2019, 05:03 PM
Like Nick Gibson?*

RBs are hard to find in this position because the position is rotated. You can be the backup & still get tons of carries & the chance to play in the NFL

Might have a better chance of finding a Christian Ducre type player. A guy that has been successful in G5 and wants to prove himself in the SEC, even if he's not the primary back. But that would probably require Moorhead to give some assurances he's not looking for Kylin to get say 85% of the RB touches but expects them to be split more equally between Kylin and his backup, and I'm not sure Joe can do that. Didn't Barkley get the vast majority of RB touches when he was at PSU?

dawgs
08-26-2019, 05:18 PM
Might have a better chance of finding a Christian Ducre type player. A guy that has been successful in G5 and wants to prove himself in the SEC, even if he's not the primary back. But that would probably require Moorhead to give some assurances he's not looking for Kylin to get say 85% of the RB touches but expects them to be split more equally between Kylin and his backup, and I'm not sure Joe can do that. Didn't Barkley get the vast majority of RB touches when he was at PSU?

If hill has the season we hope, then he should go pro. As a RB, once you have the NFL's attention, you gotta strike will the iron is hot because each season, whether pro or college, is more wear and tear on your body and one season closer to your body breaking down for good, and that's 100% held against RBs when they hit contract negotiations. That's why you saw bell sit out 2018 and both Gordon and Elliott holding out now. There's little upside to put 300+ touches on your body when you know the next contract will pay you more for those touches than the current one, and putting those touches on your body before that contract only serves to diminish how much that next contract will be. In a college RBs case, getting paid league minimum is better than getting beat up for free in college and gets the player 1 season closer to a potential free agent deal a year sooner and with a year less of touches on their body than if they'd returned for their senior season.