PDA

View Full Version : So if I understand Steve correctly on Bo Bounds

TrapGame
08-26-2019, 08:23 AM
The reason we got a three year probation instead of a two was to avoid a one year bowl ban.

Jack Lambert
08-26-2019, 08:28 AM
If so I will take it.

Cooterpoot
08-26-2019, 08:30 AM
Yeah, that Liberty Bowl birth is a big deal. **

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 08:31 AM
The reason we got a three year probation instead of a two was to avoid a one year bowl ban.

Sounds like a good deal to me

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 08:32 AM

You could be correct, but you have to sell hope. The hope that you could have a special season & go to the playoff. Regardless of your actual chances of doing so, the players & fans need hope. Bowl bans remove that

msstate7
08-26-2019, 08:34 AM

I like the trade off, but if we frick up and get a violation that 3rd year...

thf24
08-26-2019, 08:41 AM

As we all know, the practices and the money are way more important than the game itself.

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 08:43 AM
As we all know, the practices and the money are way more important than the game itself.

The hope that playing for something all season gives the players is more important than any benefit that come from playing in a bowl game

Covercorner2
08-26-2019, 08:44 AM

Correct. And a "bowl ban" just sounds ALOT worse. You are virtually playing for nothing.

TALL DAWG

Winner, winner...:)

RiverCityDawg
The hope that playing for something all season gives the players is more important than any benefit that come from playing in a bowl game

Agree. Guys end up just playing for themselves and the locker room goes downhill quick.

MedDawg
08-26-2019, 08:50 AM

Every probation is essentially a 5-year probation due to "repeat offender status" usually going back 5 years.

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 09:00 AM
Could you start a business called "Tutors Inc." off campus & contract out with the athletic department to provide tutors for the athletes. That way no tutors are directly being hired or paid by the university & thus outside of the NCAA scope?

Not trying to promote cheating here. Just trying to figure out a way to prevent academic mis-conduct from becoming an NCAA issue

Maroonthirteen
08-26-2019, 09:17 AM
Damn! One year bowl ban too? I know the ship has sailed. Horse beaten dead.

Academic fraud is serious business. But... that’s up for the school to decided penalties. Scholarship reductions and bowl bans and huge huge fines is for recruiting violations. Systematic organized recruiting violations.

This was some lazy players acting on their own. Ridiculous the ncaa extorts MSU for 1% of revenue.

Jack Lambert
08-26-2019, 09:27 AM

Doesn't really matter two years or three the repeat offender rule will still kick your ass.

TrapGame
08-26-2019, 09:30 AM

Academic fraud is serious business. But... that’s up for the school to decided penalties. Scholarship reductions and bowl bans and huge huge fines is for recruiting violations. Systematic organized recruiting violations.

This was some lazy players acting on their own. Ridiculous the ncaa extorts MSU for 1% of revenue.

A bowl ban should have never been on the table for something of this nature. A scholly or two. Sit players a few games. Two year probation max. Now we are giving the NCAA revenue after we caught it, we investigated it, we told them (transparent as glass!) and threw ourselves at their feet begging for mercy.

TALL DAWG
08-26-2019, 10:02 AM

Academic fraud is serious business. But... that?s up for the school to decided penalties. Scholarship reductions and bowl bans and huge huge fines is for recruiting violations. Systematic organized recruiting violations.

Do we send the Indy boys 1% for only 1 year
and not 3 yrs I hope??

maroonmania
08-26-2019, 10:16 AM

And the problem here is that we didn't really frick up. This was one minor cheating for another minor. Three years probation for a part-time kid worker cheating for other kids is still ridiculous to me. Like I've said before, the only remedy is to eliminate online classes for athletes unless you plan to pay for adults to be out monitoring all the online coursework and tests which doesn't sound realistic.

MarketingBully
08-26-2019, 11:13 AM
You do realize when you have a bowl ban you don’t share in the bowl money for that year thus it’s more then just a bowl ban.

Cooterpoot
08-26-2019, 11:59 AM
I don’t have a problem with the decision but I wouldn’t have offered up 8 game suspensions.

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2019, 12:07 PM
I don’t have a problem with the decision but I wouldn’t have offered up 8 game suspensions.

I would've gone 6. 6 game suspension would've been about right. we avoided disaster though & that is probably the most reasonable bar from which to compare this

msbulldog
08-26-2019, 12:10 PM
Do we send the Indy boys 1% for only 1 year
and not 3 yrs I hope??

1 year + $5,000.00.

KentuckyDawg13
08-26-2019, 12:56 PM
1 year + $224,547

MedDawg
08-26-2019, 01:05 PM
You do realize when you have a bowl ban you don?t share in the bowl money for that year thus it?s more then just a bowl ban.

And missed bowl practices. Aren't there as many bowl practices as spring practices?

Johnson85
08-26-2019, 05:00 PM
Could you start a business called "Tutors Inc." off campus & contract out with the athletic department to provide tutors for the athletes. That way no tutors are directly being hired or paid by the university & thus outside of the NCAA scope?

Not trying to promote cheating here. Just trying to figure out a way to prevent academic mis-conduct from becoming an NCAA issue

Start a business where the tutors are contracted with the athletic department but not paid by the athletic department....Not sure the answer to that but, it does remind me that I have a great business I'd like for you to invest in if you are interested. PM me and I'll give you the details.**

maroonmania
08-26-2019, 10:12 PM
Start a business where the tutors are contracted with the athletic department but not paid by the athletic department....Not sure the answer to that but, it does remind me that I have a great business I'd like for you to invest in if you are interested. PM me and I'll give you the details.**

The tutors per my understanding are not associated directly with the athletic department. The student work program that provides tutors is a university wide program.

yjnkdawg
08-26-2019, 10:46 PM
Delete

yjnkdawg
08-26-2019, 10:56 PM

That will never break ground. For one thing it wouldn't be a feasible business to pay salaries, insurance, and all the things that go along with operating a business. However,the University would still be paying the company who had the tutors as their employees. So I don't see where that would help. Payment would still be paid for the tutors' services (whether it was directly or indirectly) by the University. Academic fraud is A big NCAA issue. You aren't promoting cheating, but you are trying to circumvent academic integrity. Pretty similar I think. If the tutor had just been a MSU student, with no type of payment from the University, then we would not even be crossing this bridge.

msbulldog
08-27-2019, 06:38 AM
1 year + $224,547

1% of 1 year plus $5,000.00