PDA

View Full Version : The NCAA needs dismantling or Power 5 teams should dissociate from them

bulldawg28
08-25-2019, 05:35 AM
I have no clue why any organization would allow this group to willingly rule them. The group should officially allow lobbyist as they clearly are only concerned about money. Consequences for cheating I understand. However, when I saw the verbiage below of our consequences I lost it.

A fine of $5,000, plus 1% each of the football and men's basketball budgets

Why the H*** are we paying the NCAA as if we are returning money they've given to us? Over 90% of their annual income comes from the NCAA March Madness tournament. Which is why the Blue Bloods of basketball are never penalized ala North Carolina with cheating proven and no penalty. They are a useless group.

gravedigger
08-25-2019, 06:42 AM
I have no clue why any organization would allow this group to willingly rule them. The group should officially allow lobbyist as they clearly are only concerned about money. Consequences for cheating I understand. However, when I saw the verbiage below of our consequences I lost it.

A fine of $5,000, plus 1% each of the football and men's basketball budgets

Why the H*** are we paying the NCAA as if we are returning money they've given to us? Over 90% of their annual income comes from the NCAA March Madness tournament. Which is why the Blue Bloods of basketball are never penalized ala North Carolina with cheating proven and no penalty. They are a useless group.

Because the NCAA is not some outside agency. It is us. If we got rid of it, we would also have to turn around and recreate it. If you are referring to our penalties, we offered those. They accepted. If you are mad about that your anger is with the athletes.

Dawg2003
08-25-2019, 07:07 AM
If the Power 5 conferences break away from the NCAA, everyone won't be invited to join. Would we be invited? I have no idea. It's something to think about.

Even if they break away, the NCAA will be replaced by something else.

bulldawg28
08-25-2019, 07:56 AM
Because the NCAA is not some outside agency. It is us. If we got rid of it, we would also have to turn around and recreate it. If you are referring to our penalties, we offered those. They accepted. If you are mad about that your anger is with the athletes.

True in regards to recreating. However, if another body is created it could be setup like the college playoffs with school representatives to level the field. Schools wouldn't hammer others knowing their day may come.